Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I just wanted a chocolate ice cream that tasted richer than the usual boring anemic stuff you guys :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Freaquency posted:

Sorry, it’s the virgin white chocolate vs the Chad 90% cacao

Actually 90% is ridiculous like those super-turbo-hopped IPAs and is p much only so people can brag about how bitter they like their chocolate, but white chocolate still blows :colbert:

The 90% stuff is good for baking cakes and brownies if you don't like them overly sweet. I wouldn't eat it on its own though.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

We bought a bar of 100% cocoa-solids chocolate, partially on a dare and partially because, hey, it's sugar-free! :downs: To no one's surprise, it tastes disgusting. I tasked our teen with sorting our snack collection into sweet and savory, and he asked where this awful chocolate bar went, the smartass.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

thehoodie posted:

gently caress you. White chocolate fucks

Use to be anti-white chocolate but drat it slaps now.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

LifeSunDeath posted:

Use to be anti-white chocolate but drat it slaps now.

If you haven't had freeze-dried raspberries enrobed in white chocolate then a-hee a-hee a-HEE!!! A-HEE HEE!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

If you haven't had freeze-dried raspberries enrobed in white chocolate then a-hee a-hee a-HEE!!! A-HEE HEE!

I've had a lot of freeze dried raspberries but never in white chocolate, sounds great.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
I have a neighbor that travels for work a lot, and we're friends so she'll occasionally bring us something fun. She once brought us camel milk chocolate. I had to read the label 3 times before I realized it didn't say CARMEL.

Wasn't too bad, just a slight saltiness to it that countered the sweetness. Like a more mild milk chocolate.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

Why am I not surprised there's a Taco Bell thread. It's in the totally not fyad, fast food sub. Isn't it?

Yep. It kind of caused the sub.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
White chocolate is fuckin good. If you disagree you haven't had the white chocolate version of Lindt's Lindor line. Fuuuuuck :discourse:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Fartington Butts posted:

Yep. It kind of caused the sub.

Would have thought Subway or Quiznos for that...

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
regular Godiva Convention up in here today

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

It's carAmel not carmel

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I love dark chocolate but white chocolate is chocolate, Hershey's is fine, holy poo poo people like different things my eyes are opened!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I loving hate toffee, it gets stuck in my teeth something fierce

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

I loving hate toffee, it gets stuck in my teeth something fierce

Heath is the worst for this.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Imagine hating toffee.

You truly must know no joy in life.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

White chocolate is great. It's a different flavor from milk chocolate or dark chocolate, but that's like getting mad at squirt for not being orange soda or lemon/lime like most other citrus sodas.

It does lack most of the :catdrugs: that chocolate usually has that cause a chemical reaction in your brain with endorphins and poo poo, but I've never been great at connecting that sort of thing with the foods I eat anyways.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

I honestly can't remember if I posted this already. Guess I'll make sure you all suffered!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hershey Cookies n' Cream is a flawless candy.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Hershey Cookies n' Cream is a flawless candy.

Where'd all the cookies go?!?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

thoughts/moods?

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

LifeSunDeath posted:

thoughts/moods?

Back at a LGS I hung out at, there was a restaurant across the street that sold deep fried Oreos. They came in boxes of six or so. Whenever anybody ordered from there, a bunch of us would chip in and have one single cookie. It's not about the lovely food, it's the memories associated with it.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Brawnfire posted:

Would have thought Subway or Quiznos for that...

God I miss Quiznos. The peppercorn steak and black angus steakhouse were good as gently caress. Get your steak subs with extra sauteed onions and mushrooms on toasted rosemary bread, yes bitch. I don't know what moron got rid of the honey bourbon chicken sub, but it was literally one of the best tasting chicken-chunk based subs I ever ate.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Tunicate posted:

There are official legal rules dictating what is and isn't chocolate, and these products don't meet them.

This brought back a memory of being a kid, and eavesdropping a conversation between mom and dad about Christmas/Easter candy.

Dad preferred Palmer because it's cheap, so all 3 kids can have a stocking/basket full to the brim with chocolates. And kids aren't picky about candy, they'll eat it.

Mom wanted it to be Real Chocolate, because it tastes better, and the kids deserve real, good chocolate. It doesn't matter if you get less candy, it should be something that is a real treat, not junk food you don't even really like.

We had different Christmases/Easters throughout the years where either mom or dad won the argument. I largely preferred mom's method. BUT, Palmer made (maybe still does?) chocolate coins that had a layer of Reese's style peanut butter in the middle and it was so good. The perfect ratio of chocolate style product and dry crumbly peanut butter, stamped with JFK's face! I see chocolate coins all the time around the holidays, but haven't run into the peanut butter filled ones in ages.

I hated the chore of eating a giant Palmer chocolat-y easter bunny though.

RE: dark/milk/white chocolate tier chat, I like both really strong dark chocolate (80% or more) and white chocolate. Milk chocolate is just okay, I almost always wish it was dark or white chocolate instead. For example, Snickers is a good candy bar, but I like Zero bars better just because the white chocolate is better than milk chocolate.

Also, Reese's never should have made white chocolate peanut butter cups. They are terrible, the flavor just doesn't mix with the peanut butter filling.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Also, Reese's never should have made white chocolate peanut butter cups. They are terrible, the flavor just doesn't mix with the peanut butter filling.

This is very true, it's just SWEET and SWEET with a whisper of peanut

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

The problem with Reeses is that they gently caress up something good (chocolate) with peanut butter.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
White chocolate is the ONLY good chocolate :colbert: wahahahaha my chocolatey trap has been activated

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tunicate posted:

the fact that almost chocolate exists proves that there are chocolate rules

unlike pizza, where the idea that something can be legally non-pizza is a ludicrous comedy, because there are no pizza rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLHRjaUBb3o

Oh my loving god, this killed me.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

White chocolate is the ONLY good chocolate :colbert: wahahahaha my chocolatey trap has been activated

I unironically agree. Also peanut butter chocolate

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

That's a funny way of spelling dark chocolate

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Data Graham, what have you started?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbCT5fXdhhc

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

I like how the two toothbrushes are cowering in fear

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

yeah I eat rear end posted:

There are no chocolate rules.

:actually:

http://data.europa.eu/eli/dir/2000/36/2013-11-18

The chocolate anarchists have lost, buddy. :smug:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Piss Meridian posted:

I like how the two toothbrushes are cowering in fear

I think one's a tongue cleaner but now I'm trying to imagine how teeth must look for a sideways toothbrush.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Back in the 60’s, my mom worked at the Heath candy bar factory during summer break from high school. Her job would be to take the old bars that didn’t sell and scrape the chocolate off the toffee so they could be re-covered in fresh chocolate.

This was in southern Illinois, so hot and humid as gently caress in the summer. She still doesn’t like chocolate because it makes her remember the nauseating, hot, wet chocolate odor that would overwhelm you as you walked onto the factory at 7am every day.

My uncle worked there from high school till he retired. He unsurprisingly has type 2 diabetes.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

White chocolate is mostly terrible. The bar for it to be worthwhile is so much higher than for dark chocolate that the vast majority of the time it's just not going to reach it. And even at it's best, it pretty much only works as a component. I can't imagine ever choosing to eat white chocolate by itself.

Milk chocolate, on the other hand, is the embodiment mediocrity. There is literally no reason to ever use it for anything because dark would just be better. Despite not actually being bad, as such, it is guaranteed to be disappointing because of how much better it could have been.

So white chocolate, I generally won't eat, but milk chocolate I will eat it but I won't be happy about it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's pretty much where my head's at

god have mercy on my soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I don't care for milk chocolate on its own but I'll demolish chocolate ice cream. That said I care for white chocolate and dark chocolate even less.

Not sure how I'd feel if someone offered white chocolate or dark chocolate in ice cream form.