Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
a new manga about a teenage werewolf, looks rather promising

https://mangadex.org/chapter/897774/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

nerdz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cou9QRqa87c

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Nicola's Demon World Travelogue
A flashback to when Nicola and Simon first met.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Useless Ponko
Time to hit the stage.

poo poo just got real.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Huzzah! posted:

new Useless Ponko
Time to hit the stage.

poo poo just got real.

Thank god for OTA updates!!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

nerdz posted:

That's the kind of beast I wouldn't want to run into on a full moon.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is extremely silly, but cute. this swerved multiple times in like 2 chapters in a direction I was, uh, really not expecting

minotaur's sweetheart

a minotaur guarding a forest from humans confronts the human hero. he has no chance against her and since they can't speak each other's language, they can't communicate, but he picks up a magical book one of the soldiers dropped when fleeing. this book will definitely defeat the hero!

edit: jesus loving christ why did you do that, author, literally the next loving chapter and

edit: so it went from fun wacky misunderstanding antics to former teammate attempting murder to wolfman with a cabin full of kidnapped children he's been eating like what the hell

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:20 on May 23, 2020

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
:popeye: I remember seeing the first couple chapters of that and thinking it was ok but kind of boring. That's an odd update for sure. Wonder what brought this on for the writer

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Captain Invictus posted:

this is extremely silly, but cute. this swerved multiple times in like 2 chapters in a direction I was, uh, really not expecting

minotaur's sweetheart

a minotaur guarding a forest from humans confronts the human hero. he has no chance against her and since they can't speak each other's language, they can't communicate, but he picks up a magical book one of the soldiers dropped when fleeing. this book will definitely defeat the hero!

edit: jesus loving christ why did you do that, author, literally the next loving chapter and

edit: so it went from fun wacky misunderstanding antics to former teammate attempting murder to wolfman with a cabin full of kidnapped children he's been eating like what the hell

I love this, but I'm a guy that always loves the whole "species getting along despite big differences" kind of deal.

I was ready to drop it after the first couple of chapters as being too goofy in places for me to really bite into it, but it's developed well and hitting a stride I quite enjoy. The latest chapters, while darker, are showing the manga's developing themes put out in other chapters, and it's pretty engaging in my opinion.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
when you think about it, isn't, man the real monster.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

An interesting manga that hasnt been posted here, I think, Girls Dictionary
Yachiko, a young girl runs away from home to the old women's dorm of her school. There she meets Giko, a crevice ghost. Giko is studying the mystery that is "girls" and writes his findings in his Girls Dictionary. Together, they meet more students of the now re-opened dormitory.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Huzzah! posted:

I actually enjoyed that a whole lot.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Huzzah! posted:

Yachiko, a young girl runs away from home to the old women's dorm of her school. There she meets Giko, a crevice ghost. Giko is studying the mystery that is "girls" and writes his findings in his Girls Dictionary. Together, they meet more students of the now re-opened dormitory.

this is really good, thanks. love the art and character design

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Wasn't expecting this kind of resolution to Exorcist Reina and the human-faced growth.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Interrogation Princess minus the Princess.
The Hell-Lord spends a relaxing day at home, with his family.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Wasn't expecting this kind of resolution to Exorcist Reina and the human-faced growth.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to see there be friendly spirits in this manga.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ouch, that one hurts.

interesting twist though, honestly. wonder if they'll just leave it and he'll become a recurring character or they'll have to exorcise it anyways.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

My Little Teratoma Can't Be This Cute!

A rare good Mangadex comment.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

Huzzah! posted:

This is one of those those rare top-tier mixes of comedic and emotional content. Really looking forward to more of this.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Well here’s Chapter 12 :blush:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol chii-chan's face

edit: is there a series where something like this happens, a spirit and proof of explicit, definitive afterlife appears, and the series deals with that or characters make extremely wild swings based on that(or, hell, it becomes widely known and completely screws with the fundamental strata of the world)? like a non-religious person being shown that heaven is real, or whatever in context of the story, and having a profound change/conflict of character/mental breakdown based on that? I'm sure I've read a situation like that before but I'm just not remembering, but like, the above situation with chii-chan would definitely completely break my mindstate because of all the implications of it(as well as it just being a weird situation in general)

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 26, 2020

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Theres a movie on prime or one of the other services that has a scientist definitively prove there is an afterlife, causing suicides and religious tension etc. Dunno about manga or anime tho

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Captain Invictus posted:

lol chii-chan's face

edit: is there a series where something like this happens, a spirit and proof of explicit, definitive afterlife appears, and the series deals with that or characters make extremely wild swings based on that(or, hell, it becomes widely known and completely screws with the fundamental strata of the world)? like a non-religious person being shown that heaven is real, or whatever in context of the story, and having a profound change/conflict of character/mental breakdown based on that? I'm sure I've read a situation like that before but I'm just not remembering, but like, the above situation with chii-chan would definitely completely break my mindstate because of all the implications of it(as well as it just being a weird situation in general)

https://youtu.be/m9ESphZkANc

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=huo41oI_h3k

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

excellent

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Because of the way the translator renders Reina's way of speaking, I keep constantly having to mentally change her 'voice actor' from having a Scottish accent...

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Here's a One-shot about an aged hero facing his own retirement. Thing is, he's like 10 stories tall

I'll always enjoy a series about a hard working individual.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh man I knew it was coming eventually based on how the character acted in the previous arc, but the latest Demon Mom shows she's just as much a dork as the rest of'em :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Here's a One-shot about an aged hero facing his own retirement. Thing is, he's like 10 stories tall

I'll always enjoy a series about a hard working individual.

Oh thank goodness, I saw it on twitter either yesterday or two days ago and it was impossible and annoying to read on there but it seemed interesting.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Gear In Love is a standard high school romantic comedy where the female character is a shy, kinda psychotic mecha girl. It's played very straight and predictable, but there's some ridiculously detailed mecha art in there.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Kakushigoto - Secrets got an update. If this were Mob Psycho I feel like Para's stress meter would be pushing 80%.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Shimeji Simulation
The Hole-Digging Club is in full swing.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Kakushigoto - Secrets got an update. If this were Mob Psycho I feel like Para's stress meter would be pushing 80%.

This comic is so good, I really wish i could see what the other's are seeing from Para as she is hitting her limits. It's pretty obvious that the main characters can tell she's not serious because of their insights, but when she pops off it's gonna be interesting.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Two new Senryu Girl
Tao and Kino, best couple.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I was never a fan of Dragon BallZ, and never got the proper experience watching the anime. But for two months Kitsune Spirit has been locked in what I can only describe as it's Namek arc. It feels like maybe 10 minutes of actual fight happened across all this real time, but it's over.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
New Demon Mom is big 'un.

:aaaaa:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Demon Mom needs to talk about the real issue: when are Chii and Merii getting married

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Sindai posted:

Demon Mom needs to talk about the real issue: when are Chii and Merii getting married

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sindai posted:

This is going to be another heavy one isn't it?

Sindai posted:

Pretty sure you can consider literally sharing the same blood for an entire evening a proposal, engagement, and wedding all in one. You don't get closer than that without a fusion dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well that was really obviously telegraphed, but I'm glad they didn't spend TOO much time dragging it out