Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

brand engager posted:

Did they ever make the clothes work on the mech race? I played in the jp goon group however many years ago and robots couldn't wear most of the stuff.

Yes, layered wear clothes work for Casts, but there are still a lot of older clothes floating around in the Mission Pass that they can't wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I know what to expect from an MMO launch, even though this is just a platform launch, but not having a login queue is some bush league bullshit.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

katkillad2 posted:

I know what to expect from an MMO launch, even though this is just a platform launch, but not having a login queue is some bush league bullshit.

I got kidnapped in my own house earlier because every block was full and I couldn't leave.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man I forgot how many missions and sub missions and client orders and bingo cards and other various bullshit there were in this game. Speaking of the bingo card I appear to have COMPLETELY forgotten how to access it and this game does not have the clearest menu structure. Help?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ardeem posted:

The disk shop and the costume shop never get upgrades, they're just there to help you get started. If you can't find what you want from a drop, you'll have to buy it from other players in the shop option at the visiphone.

Is that in the Personal Store? I went to open that up and it told me to make a 2nd password, and then immediately told me that password was wrong.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man I forgot how many missions and sub missions and client orders and bingo cards and other various bullshit there were in this game. Speaking of the bingo card I appear to have COMPLETELY forgotten how to access it and this game does not have the clearest menu structure. Help?

It's in the Current Events section. It's the same tab where you find ark missions/client orders/etc.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
If anyone wants to be a peach and use my referral code I'd appreciate it

When you use the Friend Referral System to begin Phantasy Star Online 2, both you and your friend will receive wonderful items!
Please input the following information during registration.
Your friend's Ship: Ship 02: Ur
Your friend's Player ID: 10075548

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Countblanc posted:

Is that in the Personal Store? I went to open that up and it told me to make a 2nd password, and then immediately told me that password was wrong.

The personal store is for player-to-player trade. You can't actually put stuff up for sale without paying some kinda premium currency for a temporary access pass, but anyone can buy stuff.

There's also a teleporter in the middle of the main ship floor that takes you to a proper shopping complex, with some low level shops and an NPC who lets you feed swords to your sword to give it +1's. (I dunno how worthwhile this is while still low level though since you replace stuff pretty frequently.)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My friend saved up a bunch of xp boosters and stuff to power level me up only to realize that there's no player trade for free accounts lmao

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is the story mode stuff supposed to be a bunch of disjointed cut-scenes? It feels like these were supposed to go with quests or something.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
A bunch of my promo items appear to have vanished.

My Dreamcast MAG item is gone, as is the terrible/awesome Sonic the Hedgehog cosmetic gear I had.

Not all of it though, the stuff I can't equip is still in my storage.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

...oh man I want to get my jPSO2 symbol art back.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though

Helen Skelter posted:

If anyone wants to be a peach and use my referral code I'd appreciate it

When you use the Friend Referral System to begin Phantasy Star Online 2, both you and your friend will receive wonderful items!
Your friend's Player ID: 10075548

I used your code. Heres mine if anybody wants to use it.
Your friend's Player ID: 10608844

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Is the story mode stuff supposed to be a bunch of disjointed cut-scenes? It feels like these were supposed to go with quests or something.

they used to go with two systems, the matter board and map events. matter board was basically a chain of objectives you'd unlock by grinding in order to then unlock the main story quests, and some of the requirements were seeing the map events that would be nodes on the various maps.

it was a LOT of grinding

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
WOW this thing is an intense pile of poo poo. I had less trouble installing the Japanese version with language patches.

After a few hours of it repeatedly restarting and downloading more and more stuff, it finally just hit an error and I gave up. I went to uninstall and it won't even do that. I'm gonna scream.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I logged in, made a human boy that looks like Shinji and then watched a concert. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
What the hell is with installing this game? Last night I predownload for an hour. I was able to "start" it but all the ships were offline. Today I try to get my character in before work and avast calls it a virus and throws it into the virus chest. I restore it, but now I can't get the launcher to open. The PSO2 file in my start menu is all glitched out and trying to launch from the microsoft store does nothing. I go to uninstall the game, by which I mean uninstall the installer. A bug happens where something can't uninstall but eventually the installer stops showing up in add/remove programs. Then I see my drive is nearly full and cannot find any of the data anywhere, eventually using a program that shows directories and how much data they have, introducing me to the microsoftapps folder that I cannot access. Eventually I go gently caress it and try reinstalling the installer, which then proceeds to install the entire game again. Then I have to go to work. I come home from work and I can start up the game, but now I'm wondering why there is a phantom 200 gigs missing from my drive. I do the posted fix to letting myself actually have permission to access my own loving files and see that the game has installed itself 4 times on my drive.

Now I've gone and deleted them all thinking the real game was in the newly created modifiedwindowsapps. But it isn't. Now I gotta download the game a fifth god drat time and hope it sticks.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

hahah I woke up this morning to try the game out and it crashed and error'd out on me hardcore so I said gently caress it and went back to bed because I had work today. Got back on to check the files because I also couldn't even uninstall this morning after the game just straight up wouldn't launch and it's good to see that I wasn't just a dumbo and that this is a full-on nightmare. I also had less trouble playing the Japanese version back in 2012 before there was even a translation patch

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Leal posted:

What the hell is with installing this game? Last night I predownload for an hour. I was able to "start" it but all the ships were offline. Today I try to get my character in before work and avast calls it a virus and throws it into the virus chest. I restore it, but now I can't get the launcher to open. The PSO2 file in my start menu is all glitched out and trying to launch from the microsoft store does nothing. I go to uninstall the game, by which I mean uninstall the installer. A bug happens where something can't uninstall but eventually the installer stops showing up in add/remove programs. Then I see my drive is nearly full and cannot find any of the data anywhere, eventually using a program that shows directories and how much data they have, introducing me to the microsoftapps folder that I cannot access. Eventually I go gently caress it and try reinstalling the installer, which then proceeds to install the entire game again. Then I have to go to work. I come home from work and I can start up the game, but now I'm wondering why there is a phantom 200 gigs missing from my drive. I do the posted fix to letting myself actually have permission to access my own loving files and see that the game has installed itself 4 times on my drive.

Now I've gone and deleted them all thinking the real game was in the newly created modifiedwindowsapps. But it isn't. Now I gotta download the game a fifth god drat time and hope it sticks.

I deleted the microsoftapps folder and my hard drive is still full.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I’m surprised to see everyone having such horrible problems I downloaded it and made an anime princess titty elf within... probably 20m of clicking install.

I wonder if it’s a Microsoft thing or a PSO2 thing since, honestly, MS store still feels janky and un-finished to me.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

jokes posted:

I’m surprised to see everyone having such horrible problems I downloaded it and made an anime princess titty elf within... probably 20m of clicking install.

I wonder if it’s a Microsoft thing or a PSO2 thing since, honestly, MS store still feels janky and un-finished to me.

It's all on Microsoft's end.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The game works now after installing twice and doing a repair install, good going, only took me the better half of a day.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Is there a good way to keep track of which client orders are available to take without checking all half-dozen+ NPCs before every mission?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There should be an option on the CO list that shows you COs relevant to the quest you just accepted.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

jokes posted:

I started downloading eight hours ago but I only just checked and saw the download had almost finished and then error'd, so I made it resume and helped it limp over the finish line

now the launcher's going!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Leal posted:

For one thing you should uninstall Avast, third party AV is useless and causes nothing but problems

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
They need to fix the lobby issue because holy hell it's so bad and even dropping in game settings to the bare minimum does nothing.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Found a lot of success turning the limit on other characters’ data models real low. It reminded me of problems with old games where the constant re-loading of player models/textures was causing horrible networking problems, especially with the new rush of players straining the limits as is.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Anyone have problems with the game not detecting additional mouse buttons? I want to rebind dodge off X and put it on one of my side mouse buttons via in game options but it doesn't detect them. I guess I could create a profile with logitech software and add my own shortcut to X.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

I cannot even fathom how lovely the microsoft store is

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Evil Fluffy posted:

They need to fix the lobby issue because holy hell it's so bad and even dropping in game settings to the bare minimum does nothing.

Welcome to PSUengine's object pipeline, it will never be fixed

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Im having the strange issue where if i tab out of the game the framerate improves, but if i tab in, it goes to poo poo. Which is very odd.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there a way to increase the view distance while in a mission or is it intentionally the way it is? Kinda sucks how much you end up relying on the dot on the minimap to see where party members are.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Givin posted:

Anyone have problems with the game not detecting additional mouse buttons? I want to rebind dodge off X and put it on one of my side mouse buttons via in game options but it doesn't detect them. I guess I could create a profile with logitech software and add my own shortcut to X.

the mouse keybind settings are separate from the keyboard keybind settings

Belan
May 7, 2007
After downloading the game thrice and reinstalling windows once I'm finally ready to giv... download it for the fourth time. I'm sure my old SSD can take it.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
All these issues combined with only installing Win10 yesterday and spending most of that day configuring the poo poo out of it to let my drawing tablet actually draw fluidly is making me really, really regretful that I upgraded to 10!

But hey, maybe the last two hours of unfinished 'Repair' means I might be able to play again sometime this week.

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!
Why does it keep asking me to complete Forest Exploration as an ARKS mission quest? I've plowed through it several times and it hasn't gone away.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
just swapped to techter at the start, am I utterly blind or do i just not start with spells?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Banjo Kaczynski posted:

just swapped to techter at the start, am I utterly blind or do i just not start with spells?

you only start with a handful of arts/techs for the class you initially pick, the others you have to find/buy/turn-in for. there's a vendor in the shopping area that sells a few simple techs that can get you started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Banjo Kaczynski posted:

You have to get disk drops from enemies, the player store, or the npc shop in the shopping area. The player market can be a rip off depending on what you're looking for, and the npc store literally only has level 1 basic disks.