Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Had to put down the dumbest idiot and bestest boy ever today. He went suddenly. He was fine this morning, collapsed around noon, and was gone before 3. A tumor was leaking blood into his belly. He was 11 years old. I love you, Booth, you dumbass. May there be endless walks and infinite piles of people food on the other side. Also, hopefully you won't get your leash tangled up when they let you outside. It's not that hard to go around a single rock!

God, I miss you.

Forgive my leg and my daughter's foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Had to put down the dumbest idiot and bestest boy ever today.

Oh no, I'm so sorry :(

My fur jerk has a tumor on his leg. I had it looked at in February, before poo poo got wild, and the advice was to wait 3 months and come back in May for a re-evaluation. In the meantime, it's gone from the size of a small lemon to the size of a large orange. Meanwhile, the vet's office has emailed to say they're only doing emergency care and end of life care, because the state of Oregon wants them to be able to donate supplies to human hospitals if needed.

I don't know if it's an emergency, but...it's not NOT an emergency? And also, I live alone and he's my only companion at the moment. And we're about to go under quarantine in the Portland Metro.

I don't know what to do :sigh: And what happened to Booth makes it sound like it could be more of an issue than I thought.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Oh no, I'm so sorry :(

My fur jerk has a tumor on his leg. I had it looked at in February, before poo poo got wild, and the advice was to wait 3 months and come back in May for a re-evaluation. In the meantime, it's gone from the size of a small lemon to the size of a large orange. Meanwhile, the vet's office has emailed to say they're only doing emergency care and end of life care, because the state of Oregon wants them to be able to donate supplies to human hospitals if needed.

I don't know if it's an emergency, but...it's not NOT an emergency? And also, I live alone and he's my only companion at the moment. And we're about to go under quarantine in the Portland Metro.

I don't know what to do :sigh: And what happened to Booth makes it sound like it could be more of an issue than I thought.

Is there emergency vet care in your area? I'm in Wisconsin and there's that service for me but I'd have to drive 45 minutes for pet 911. My local vet only keeps normal business hours during the week.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Is there emergency vet care in your area? I'm in Wisconsin and there's that service for me but I'd have to drive 45 minutes for pet 911. My local vet only keeps normal business hours during the week.

There is, but they're being extremely picky about what they consider an emergency because of a lack of supplies and resources. I am calling them in the morning, tho.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I mean, if you just call them and say “It has grown dramatically over a very short period of time” that would constitute an emergency medical condition in a person, so why not a small friend?

Sable you’re breath smells like roasted buttholes and the way you cry and lose your mind every time I get up for work is so lovely. It’s 6 AM and your parents don’t wake up for at least 3 hours, shut the gently caress up.

Baxter.... more like PISS-tah! Or POOP-stah! The poopinest guy I know! I have done more puppy piss laundry in the last 6 months than I’ve done over the last 14 years of my dog! Get it together!

This poof-booty clown shoe is 14 years old and discovering that she actually doesn’t have to do anything anymore. Piss on the floor? WHY NOT? Shredding open bags of trash? SEEMS GOOD! Growling at anyone who disturbs you’re nap in the middle of the hall? LMAO basically turned into queen bitch over the last year and is now just a grumpy old lady who wants exactly 5 minutes of snuggles every morning and then after that she just poofs around the house looking for messes to make. Dumbass fossil rear end old-rear end crap rear end dog

crunchytacosupreme
Mar 26, 2007
IT BURNS
why are you like this?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

crunchytacosupreme posted:

why are you like this?

That spot's clearly right in The Sunbeam, dog is smart and operating correctly :colbert:.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
https://twitter.com/nem0/status/1242999281478299649?s=21

My little old buddy needed to have 4 messed up teeth and three cysts/tumors removed from his legs. One tumor weighed 1/4 lbs :stonk:

He is so stoned.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Terra you little poo poo, I made myself a delicious baked Camembert for lunch and you decided to ruin it by sneaking way too much bread, throwing up on my plate and dipping your stupid idiot beak into the cheese. Now I have to clean up bird puke and I didn't even get to finish my cheese.

You're lucky you're fuckin' adorable

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Dinah,
You are a big bold and beautiful cat. At home you make sure everyone knows you're the big boss, so why do you have to be so nervous at the vet that we decided that we had to check for heart disease?

It turns out that you've got a perfectly healthy heart, but they had to sedate you, so I hope you enjoy your anesthesia hangover.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

I'm sorry my wife kicked you out of the room for a conference call, but I'm also trying to work and now is not the time to reenact Wrestlemania.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

zakharov posted:

I'm sorry my wife kicked you out of the room for a conference call, but I'm also trying to work and now is not the time to reenact Wrestlemania.

super-kittyplex! :stare:

Jackie seems to think that because both myself and my roommate are home all day, it gives her license to spend the entirety of the day sitting in front of the apartment door scratching and crying for 8 solid hours. It's insane. And she is beyond stubborn about it!

The thing is, we live in CA now instead of Maine, and that means like... differences. For instance, in Maine, every single home or apartment building has a sort of... Airlock/vestibule/covered-porch/whatever that is sort of in between "outside" and "inside" where people take off their snowy/muddy boots and their wet or snow-covered outerwear - this is so you don't repeatedly make wet/muddy messes in your living room or whatever - quite practical. Also, when Jackie would want to "go out" the door we go out of, she doesn't find the great outdoors but just a boring, cold hallway and another door.

However, weather is a bit different in Los Angeles, and pretty much every single reasonably-priced apartment has the front door just leading RIGHT into the living room. Hell, Jackie can see and feel the outdoors barely from the crack between the door and the frame and stares at it for hours. And I don't want to let her out because she is big and old and slow with poor reflexes, and while we don't live on a VERY busy street, people still zoom down it WAY over the speed limit at 40mph because our street happens to have an on/off ramp for the 110 at the end of it. So, yeah. I take her out supervised to an enclosed courtyard area further away from the street every morning, but the kitty feels she should be able to roam on her own. But Los Angeles is most certainly NOT Portland, Maine and that just ain't gonna happen!

My roommate picks up Jackie and cradles her like a baby for a few minutes now every time she goes to the door. I don't think it works too well as a "punishment" since the stupid kitty apparently LIKES being carried around in mid-air on her back with her back legs splayed up in the air absurdly... I should get a pic of that...

teh winnar!
Apr 16, 2003

kaworu posted:

My roommate picks up Jackie and cradles her like a baby for a few minutes now every time she goes to the door. I don't think it works too well as a "punishment" since the stupid kitty apparently LIKES being carried around in mid-air on her back with her back legs splayed up in the air absurdly... I should get a pic of that...

Bear has reached the point where he tolerates being the baby kitty because he gets my full attention and, if another person comes by, there is pettins all over.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Stella you idiot you tripped me on our walk because you saw another dog and you ripped my jeans and scraped up my knee. gently caress you, walk yourself next time.

edit: stella and i have since made up. but my wife is gonna be walking her for the next couple days.

prom candy fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 17, 2020

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Farking Bastage posted:

Goddamnit I'm tired of throwing your asses out of bed every night when the three of you have your own beds and free run of the couches.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Dear Luna,

Every time I take a picture of you, you make a derp face.

No one will ever know how pretty you are, my little fat bear!

E: the puddle of drool isn't helping, either.

MistressMeeps
Dec 27, 2017
Why do you insist on holding my hand while in the bathroom? You know that door you kicked open? It was closed for a reason. Irritating dog...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ha ha ha ha lmao yeah if I try to poop without my bathroom door closed my cat will BUST on in and do a quick loop of my ankles. WTF dude some privacy please!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

MistressMeeps posted:

Why do you insist on holding my hand while in the bathroom? You know that door you kicked open? It was closed for a reason. Irritating dog...

You watch your dog poop, your dog watches you poop. Seems obvious enough to me.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Everyday a tragic romance plays out in my house; the tale of two cats who each desperately want to cuddle and groom the other, but get terribly offended about being cuddled/groomed themselves.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Good job, Tater. You managed to chip your claw while trying to escape your carrier that you hate so much and get blood everywhere. Luckily we were going to the vet anyway and they fixed you up, but you had to get an extra shot and it's all your fault.

How did he do that, you ask?

https://twitter.com/JakeMHS/status/1256603188263821312?s=19

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I switched from a hard plastic carrier to one of the cloth duffel bag ones and it's so much better. My cat will actually go hang out in the cloth carrier once or twice a week, instead of treating it like the chamber of fear.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Hello Sailor posted:

I switched from a hard plastic carrier to one of the cloth duffel bag ones and it's so much better. My cat will actually go hang out in the cloth carrier once or twice a week, instead of treating it like the chamber of fear.

I like my soft carrier because the front unzips like a flap, and it also has a big double zipper on top, so even if Xander is being a wiggly little jerk-nozzle, I can still manage to stuff him into it without much effort. And it folds down flat for storage.

The sherpa-wrapped base platform is also nice, but I've had to wash it a few times after some post-anesthesia poos.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Hello Sailor posted:

We had one of those! We had to get this one because he managed to destroy the zipper from the inside and escape (thankfully before we'd actually left the house).

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Hello Sailor posted:

It doesn't matter what I take her outside of the apartment in -- my cat will yowl like a toddler being set on fire

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

THIS jerkface. I took a lawn chair out to the back field so I could read in the sun for a while and he went "hey that's the only tall object within range lemme pee on it" despite us passing multiple good peespots on the way out there and PAL. I WAS GONNA SIT ON THAT.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Some rear end in a top hat keeps horking up hairballs in my bed.

Gee thanks Luna.

Who? Me?

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 5, 2020

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
harold you fat gently caress, i know you're a rescue and you're very affectionate and it's really nice but you are also as mentioned a fat gently caress and you are also shedding like mad. please stop this.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Look at this little poo poo

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

Looks shifty

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh yeah, (s)he's plotting something.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Apparently my girl Regan is internet famous. Scrolling through my FB feed I came across this photo a friend shared, which I posted to the cat's page about four years ago:

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

I know cats like boxes but the orange one here has so fallen in love with this tomato box I think he's in danger of fusing with it. Occasionally the tuxedo interloper will show up but it doesn't stop creamsicle fuzz bucket there from spending 12+ hours a day in that box despite multiple beds and platforms designated for felines in the house.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

That really makes me wonder if cats like some hard surfaces in their otherwise cozy/fluffy beds - maybe some hind brain desire for a tree branch to sleep on?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

"I'm Aleta! I make this face all day every day and you can see how I smeared food on the ceiling AGAIN!"

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

"I'm Aleta! I make this face all day every day and you can see how I smeared food on the ceiling AGAIN!"

they look like they are about to sneeze

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

ChickenWing posted:

they look like they are about to sneeze

This is the face she makes when she is on the bookshelf being a queen. Or she sneezed tuna on the goddamn ceiling.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I sincerely hope that cat's full name is Aleta Mcgurn

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Antivehicular posted:

I sincerely hope that cat's full name is Aleta Mcgurn

Haha! We could be Fleta, Aleta, and Lunita Mcgurn!

Technically, I think Aleta's last name is Boo, because once day I started calling her "Aleta Marie Boo" for absolutely no reason and it stuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Haha! We could be Fleta, Aleta, and Lunita Mcgurn!

Technically, I think Aleta's last name is Boo, because once day I started calling her "Aleta Marie Boo" for absolutely no reason and it stuck.

My ex gave my cat a bunch of extra names, but I think my favorite is Sir Reginald Tubbs, Esquire.

His actual name is Xander.

No, I can't explain any of it.