Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Really fun half of footy tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Staggs looking to get himself hooked at this rate

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

I don't mind the dubbed crowd noise. At least it isn't over the top.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah the crowd noise is fine

Broncos just can't buy a set at the moment

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Good work ref and touchies

Blows for the 20 tap, the eels go a metre offside, the Bronco then taps it and everything is cool and good

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
But really Brisbane is utilising the old Tigers "How to hold ball" playbook. What is it, 10 incomplete?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Something like that. They've been their own worst enemy.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it’s bad when you make the eels look good

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Broncos completely the architects of their own failure. Couldn't hold the ball for most of the game, and couldn't stop giving away needless repeat sets and penalties.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Yep. The Eels are pretty good but we sealed the deal with a bunch of dropped ball and silly errors. Hoping as the season goes on they'll come good, that one looked like a round 1 game. Also whoever has us over the next few weeks will be lucky, with Fifita (knee, TBA), Glenn (hospitalised at half time), TPJ (suspended for the nth time) and Hoppa (no good) all busted or gone the second row is a massive weak spot at the moment.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Footy :unsmith:

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Budzilla posted:

I don't mind the dubbed crowd noise. At least it isn't over the top.

I think it’s weird but they did do a good job with it, someone seems to be driving it manually to match the play?

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

It seems like the crowd noise is being managed. There wouldn't be a shortage of audio engineers looking for work right now.

The Broncos played poorly. Even if they were equally skillful compared to the eels their possession was almost 35% and it felt like most of the game was in their half. I still enjoyed the game though.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
This game is less poo poo than I expected so far.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It's mostly because the cowboys are also poo poo so they're making the Titans look better

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
The Titans really is a place where careers die.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

iajWife might have had a work party this afternoon and had a few wines, and almost crashed at halftime happy that the Titans only "lost" by 8.

Starting to wish I hadn't corrected her.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

iajWife might have had a work party this afternoon and had a few wines, and almost crashed at halftime happy that the Titans only "lost" by 8.

Starting to wish I hadn't corrected her.

It's mindboggling how much of their cap is just being utterly wasted. Taylor, Cartwright, Peachey, Boyd, Peats, Proctor, James, Roberts.... that's like 75% of their cap spent on poo.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

It's mindboggling how much of their cap is just being utterly wasted. Taylor, Cartwright, Peachey, Boyd, Peats, Proctor, James, Roberts.... that's like 75% of their cap spent on poo.

It's like a highlights show of terrible Tigers decisions

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Brett Morris is worth every penny in defence tonight.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Almost as good as his 2014 origin work (honestly can't remember which twin that was but they're basically one person anyway)

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Ah JWH first suspension of the season incoming.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Lol if the Titans don't win next week it'll be over a year since their last win

Of course they're playing the Tigers who will help them out with a sympathy win.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Lol if the Titans don't win next week it'll be over a year since their last win

Of course they're playing the Tigers who will help them out with a sympathy win.
I feel for them as Knights fan who has been in that position not that long ago...

pretty sure it was the Tigers that gave us the sympathy win too

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

I feel for them as Knights fan who has been in that position not that long ago...

pretty sure it was the Tigers that gave us the sympathy win too

It was, and I knew it was going to happen the second they kicked off. We're just that talented.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

It was, and I knew it was going to happen the second they kicked off. We're just that talented.

I think I remember that, Knights were wearing their awful hi-vis alternates and Tigers were primarily in orange it was a shitshow.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

I think I remember that, Knights were wearing their awful hi-vis alternates and Tigers were primarily in orange it was a shitshow.

I think it was the one where a knight kicked a second ball at a Tigers player trying to catch a bomb that led to the game winning try?

Still a little mad about that

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Dragons look like they're wearing Queensland Reds cosplay

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Some peak Kearney & McGregor last tackle plays on display today, they've been hard at work over the break.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Not really an attacking masterclass here

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
The Warriors are average and Saints are bland.

Paint drying vs Grass growing.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Kearney's obsessive focus on completion rate to the exclusion of trying to do anything at all with the ball may turn out to be effective in the new NRL. Hard to say though because the Dragons have been atrocious.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

a shitshow is the only way the Knights were going to get a win that year

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think the tigers are gonna smash the sharks. Madge will have had these fuckers running hills all lock down.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

BlindSite posted:

I think the tigers are gonna smash the sharks. Madge will have had these fuckers running hills all lock down.

Quoting for hilarious future.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

I think it was the one where a knight kicked a second ball at a Tigers player trying to catch a bomb that led to the game winning try?

Still a little mad about that

Korbin Sims yeah, it was a sweet kick too. Claimed he never saw it in a post match interview but he had that ball lined up several strides away.

If it makes you feel any better they lost 19 games in a row after that.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

Korbin Sims yeah, it was a sweet kick too. Claimed he never saw it in a post match interview but he had that ball lined up several strides away.

If it makes you feel any better they lost 19 games in a row after that.

It does make me feel better

And I'm loving Grant so far, working great with Brooks

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

End to end game so far

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Reality kicking in now