Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

I need to cut my hair again. My in-law made this out of my boot camp uniform. Love it.

Nice to see you Seattle thread buddy :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I think the fun of a Med Cruise might be a bit ruined by the current events, I've heard all foreign port calls are canceled for now. :smith:

I got told I was gonna go to the Med like ten times, then ended up just spending 18 months in the north Atlantic.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Mo' masks. All sister-made. Had lots of people who came through my check stand asking if they could buy them. My response was usually "I don't think [grocery store company] would like it if I started a clandestine mask-selling operation at my check stand."

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Elviscat posted:

I think the fun of a Med Cruise might be a bit ruined by the current events, I've heard all foreign port calls are canceled for now. :smith:

I got told I was gonna go to the Med like ten times, then ended up just spending 18 months in the north Atlantic.

FOr me it was like Oh, you wanted to go to france like we promised but it's 4 months before 9/11 and everyone knows poo poo is about to happen so france is closed, enjoy Norway again

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Elviscat posted:

I had an experience like that, an entire Med cruise was blown away and traded for an extended deployment in the Red Sea for the gulf War.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

titties posted:

FOr me it was like Oh, you wanted to go to france like we promised but it's 4 months before 9/11 and everyone knows poo poo is about to happen so france is closed, enjoy Norway again

Submarines?

We were "going to Brest" like every 2 months, then we'd pull into Scotland or Norway again, not that those aren't two cool places to pull in to.

Made it to Spain once, where I got to see the beautiful Spanish laundromat and gorgious Rota smoke pad because I was stuck fixing something that required my personal attention 18 hours a day, and was keeping us stuck in port.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Dixville posted:

Switched out my nose hoop for a star stud. I like that it sits flush with my nose so it doesn't get caught on anything

I love it. Secret pro tip I learned from the YLLS piercing thread: flat-backed labret studs also make fantastic nose jewelry if you find yours keeps trying to escape. After ten years of a nose screw that made a break for it every week or so changing to the labret stud was lifechanging :allears:

A bitch to get in though.

Spinz posted:

I've dyed it twice ever, I'm fortunate the grey has been very slow and gradual. But now, thanks to Covid I think KABOOM God's dusting powder or smth
But I do want to color it, makes me look younger (this is professionally done, she's good)

Ooh I do love that too. I like that the gray still gets to shine amongst the brown :)

titties posted:

P.S. I think that hair is a good look for you

Yeah I agree!!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Rarely. The only decent place anywhere around me is in NYC, which is like a two hour train ride. I go for their special event classes sometimes but that’s about it. I did their active shooter class a little while back and making it home while completely crippled was... difficult. I wish I could do it more often. Teaching it was a lot of fun but most people I know don’t want to learn it.

Ah, that stinks! :(

Fartington Butts posted:

Mo' masks. All sister-made. Had lots of people who came through my check stand asking if they could buy them. My response was usually "I don't think [grocery store company] would like it if I started a clandestine mask-selling operation at my check stand."

I am glad I asked because these are all magnificent :allears: You and LingCod's wife/in-laws need to set up shop together (while remaining socially distanced).

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

He's wearing a bib :kimchi:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
the clippers took care of the back and sides but the top is uhhhhh

getting out of hand now

and here's another Alfie pic

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

That's a drat fine (and cute) tattoo!

Did I post this yet? Me at work today, eating lunch in the truckster.

Mask is a suuuper comfy thing that a goon's girlfriend made. It rocks. I love it.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Scathach posted:

Mask is a suuuper comfy thing that a goon's girlfriend made. It rocks. I love it.

Thank you! I got it for my son because he was a little porker and I used to call him piggy puff and piglet and it was just a perfect image. He's currently beating the heat

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Aww he's adorable. Also looks like he could be a mischievous handful! Love seeing goon families, everyone is so drat happy.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I am sort of envisioning LaB holding up the GBS thread and the PYF thread like Ken dolls and making them kiss. Which I'm okay with.

InediblePenguin posted:

getting out of hand now

Do you and your birb ever flare your plumage at each other?

easygoing neutrals for PNW spring:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sitting Here posted:

Nice to see you Seattle thread buddy :)

Heya pizza-buddy. Instantly recognized your hair. Regret not going to more Seattle side meetups. Good folks all around.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I really need to get to those. Once this mess is over I'd love to meet y'all.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I love it. Secret pro tip I learned from the YLLS piercing thread: flat-backed labret studs also make fantastic nose jewelry if you find yours keeps trying to escape. After ten years of a nose screw that made a break for it every week or so changing to the labret stud was lifechanging :allears:

A bitch to get in though.

Ooh I do love that too. I like that the gray still gets to shine amongst the brown :)

Yeah I agree!!

I actually have threadless labrets which i love but yeah hard to get in. I bought an insertion taper and it made a huge difference, much easier that way

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Scathach posted:

I miss when LAN was active, it made goon meets so much easier. Hung out with PHIZ KALIFA once through those, that dude is a blast.

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

Scathach posted:

Same, would like to take a little drive north myself.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Potato Salad posted:

He's wearing a bib :kimchi:

He fancy :3:

InediblePenguin posted:

getting out of hand now

You look great but Alfie is stealing the show, I'm sorry :allears:

Scathach posted:

I like everything and everyone in this picture :)

Sid Vicious posted:

Thank you! I got it for my son because he was a little porker and I used to call him piggy puff and piglet and it was just a perfect image. He's currently beating the heat

Adorable.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Sitting Here posted:

I am sort of envisioning LaB holding up the GBS thread and the PYF thread like Ken dolls and making them kiss. Which I'm okay with.

Do you and your birb ever flare your plumage at each other?

easygoing neutrals for PNW spring:

The GBS thread will be set free soon, enough kissing has occurred to satisfy me :lmao:

Neutrals are bomb and that top owns.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Holy moly this thread exploded

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I may have re-routed some GBS traffic for a little while.

I have also, however, just put things back to normal. Thank you for visiting, GBS selfie friends! You are all beautiful, good sports, and welcome to return voluntarily at any time. :)

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I dyed my hair purple!

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
^^^ that purp is amazing

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I miss when LAN was active, it made goon meets so much easier. Hung out with PHIZ KALIFA once through those, that dude is a blast.

The seattle LAN thread gets 30 or 40 posts a day and outside of quarantine meets up semi-regularly. I can rarely make it, but the times i did hang out with goons it's been a blast.

Since there are so goddamn many PNW people here, could be fun to have a post-quarantine goon bonfire at one of the beach parks or something.

e: also I'm glad to hear PHIZ KALIFA is as much fun as his posting

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sitting Here posted:

^^^ that purp is amazing

The seattle LAN thread gets 30 or 40 posts a day and outside of quarantine meets up semi-regularly. I can rarely make it, but the times i did hang out with goons it's been a blast.

Since there are so goddamn many PNW people here, could be fun to have a post-quarantine goon bonfire at one of the beach parks or something.

e: also I'm glad to hear PHIZ KALIFA is as much fun as his posting

Some threads are definitely more active. I think the Massachusetts thread has actually fallen into the archives and there’s no thread at all for the part of NY I live in. But if there’s any goons in the hudson valley of NY or western MA/CT, y’all should PM me, I’d be down for a goon meet!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Elviscat posted:

Submarines?

We were "going to Brest" like every 2 months, then we'd pull into Scotland or Norway again, not that those aren't two cool places to pull in to.

Made it to Spain once, where I got to see the beautiful Spanish laundromat and gorgious Rota smoke pad because I was stuck fixing something that required my personal attention 18 hours a day, and was keeping us stuck in port.

Yes, we were also going to Brest, I was promised that the wine would flow freely and we would receive the adoration of the locals but why do that when you could go back to Tromso or Faslane or whatever.

Getting a billet on a tender at Rota was spoken of in tones of reverence usually reserved for king neptune himself or, like, being able to take 30 days of leave at the last port call and flying home early.

titties has a new favorite as of 05:04 on May 28, 2020

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Dixville posted:

I dyed my hair purple!

That looks cool, especially how it's just half

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

titties posted:

Yes, we were also going to Brest

:biglips:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Spinz posted:

:emptyquote:

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

titties posted:

Yes, we were also going to Brest
:biglips:

Is this a double username post combo? :lol:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

titties posted:

Yes, we were also going to Brest, I was promised that the wine would flow freely and we would receive the adoration of the locals but why do that when you could go back to Tromso or Faslane or whatever.

Getting a billet on a tender at Rota was spoken of in tones of reverence usually reserved for king neptune himself or, like, being able to take 30 days of leave at the last port call and flying home early.

Are you saying you heard Brest was the best, but you never got to put it to the test?

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
My hair game has been all over the place recently. Here is a timeline...

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Section 9 posted:

My hair game has been all over the place recently. Here is a timeline...

the hero's journey as expressed in hair

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
Added Kitties.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Section 9 posted:

Added Kitties.

Kitties make everything good. Of course, trying to get one of here in the UK means taking out a second mortgage.

And an old one.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Spinz posted:

Thanks!! It looks pretty cool in a pony tail too

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Sorry to double post but i finally got these teardrop plugs to fit and I'm excited about them

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

:swoon:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Definitely just saw a bird chick crawl out from under its parent for the first time :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

Dixville posted:

Thanks!! It looks pretty cool in a pony tail too

It does indeed! Purple is also the best color EVER