Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I say that and I forget that a sympathetic version of Broly actually works really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I find it hard to believe bulma and her dad did not back up android 16's data while they repaired him.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

you might as well bring Android 21 into canon.

Can we?!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
21, 16, come on back

we need an extended android family (keep Gero buried, thanks)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

21, 16, come on back

Hell, while you’re at it maybe bring back that one android from the original Dragon Ball as well (I forget his number but he looked a bit like the Frankenstein Monster).

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Larryb posted:

Hell, while you’re at it maybe bring back that one android from the original Dragon Ball as well (I forget his number but he looked a bit like the Frankenstein Monster).

8, or Hatchan like Goku called him. He's still around. you see him in Trunk's Hellworld with the same dumb expression on his face.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
He also drops some energy into the Kid Buu spirit bomb, somehow.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Cell coming back feels like the official "we have ran out of ideas" point

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Eighter is such a good boy, it rules that he and Snow are just out there living their best lives

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cell's back?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's got wings

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

21, 16, come on back

bring dr gero back but he's just a brain in a jar with a speaker for yelling at goku, that 16 carries around

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The only issue with bringing Cell back is that everyone hates animating and drawing him.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

RBX posted:

It should have been Resurrection C. Cell is back and the whole saga could involve Gohan having to beat him again and get over his inner feelings while Goku and Vegeta are training with Whis unaware. Then Blue could premier during the Universe 6 tourney. Then during the ToP Gohan wouldn't need to be rushed to be powerful again and then Frieza could be asked for help.

No it shouldn't cause Gohan sucks and always has and cell isnt anywhere near as fun or interesting as freeza.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No it shouldn't cause Gohan sucks and always has and cell isnt anywhere near as fun or interesting as freeza.

:hmmyes:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Poor Gohan just wants to stay home and read books with his loving family, but everyone's always dragging him to a tournament or galactic invasion. "Do that lil dance where you get really angry, Gohan!" and the dance always ends with him getting his rear end kicked.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you got it all wrong, bring cell back as well as frieza so they can be sassy and lovely to each other constantly. With Super's tone they could totally wrap in Cell's more goofy personality from the games and it wouldn't be too out of place

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I like this video by PlagueOfGripes where he's basically like "Goku loves fighting, because he met all of his friends that way and had a bunch of fun adventures. Gohan hates fighting, because literally his first experience with it was his (father's) friends and family getting murdered before his eyes when he was 4-years-old. After he was kidnapped for a year and left to die in the wilderness. And then he met Frieza."

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I like this video by PlagueOfGripes where he's basically like "Goku loves fighting, because he met all of his friends that way and had a bunch of fun adventures. Gohan hates fighting, because literally his first experience with it was his (father's) friends and family getting murdered before his eyes when he was 4-years-old. After he was kidnapped for a year and left to die in the wilderness. And then he met Frieza."

Gohan wanted to go on a Goku adventure but instead it was repeated murder vacations

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bring back the fat android whose arms vegeta ripped off

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Also Cell saga Gohan was still younger than Goku at the beginning of DB. So while Goku was chilling with his adopted grandpa, Gohan already had to deal with 4-5 groups of villains beating/murdering his friends.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I also like the idea he presented in the video to correct Gohan's character a bit; you make Gohan a scholar interested in preserving the martial arts and its various techniques for the world to use. It gives him motivation to continue training (can't experience new techniques if you can't keep up!) without betraying his desire to study and disdain for fighting.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I know everyone kinda fell off the Dragonball Multiverse train a while back, but I kept reading and recently restarted it from scratch and caught back up. This last chapter has gone on for far too long but I'm really invested in seeing how all this turns out. The art is like.. really really impressive these days. You can see how good the artists have gotten over time. It's good stupid Dragonball fighting fun.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Except it is up its own rear end

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
That art is technically impressive, but I just think everyone looks so edgy like they're trying way too hard to look cool.

Queue the 6th form King Cold image.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Babe Magnet posted:

you got it all wrong, bring cell back as well as frieza so they can be sassy and lovely to each other constantly. With Super's tone they could totally wrap in Cell's more goofy personality from the games and it wouldn't be too out of place

The problem you end up with is that A. it just highlights that Cell is Diet Freeza with no real personality of his own and B. Freeza already has better characters for his rapport and I think trying to have him and Cell hang out would dilute that.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Just adapt Xenoverse Cell and have him ham the gently caress out of every single line

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, Cell only really has two or three characters he could bounce off of differently from Frieza, and he probably wouldn't give a poo poo about two of them if he came back as Perfect.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Bring Cell back but as that ridiculous ozaru spider thing from the MMO or whatever

this thing

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
how about no

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm only willing to allow cell back if he holds a seething grudge with Tien and nothing else

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bring Cell back but only in a slice of life capacity

Andrast fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 29, 2020

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Andrast posted:

Brig Cell back but only in a slice of life capacity

Like he's got a family of Cell Jr's and they're enrolled in public school and causing mischief? I'm down for that. What if he had a wife who only knew him by his handsome face and had no idea he was a giant green bug monster?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

Like he's got a family of Cell Jr's and they're enrolled in public school and causing mischief? I'm down for that. What if he had a wife who only knew him by his handsome face and had no idea he was a giant green bug monster?

"I just figured he was a furry."

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

They already brought back the Cell Jrs. They live on one of 17's wildlife preserves & I guess they're chill now. Could probably do more with them rather than bring back Daddy Cell.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Skeleton Mom posted:

They already brought back the Cell Jrs. They live on one of 17's wildlife preserves & I guess they're chill now. Could probably do more with them rather than bring back Daddy Cell.

In a few years they'll all grow up to be big blueish Cells.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Skeleton Mom posted:

This is something only the manga brought up to be fair, though I hope the anime uses it since it is pretty funny.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Freeza is Cobra Commander and Cell is Serpentor.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Darko posted:

Freeza is Cobra Commander and Cell is Serpentor.

Yeah, but Larry Hama comic Serpentor who spends a whole issue bullshitting with the Dreadnoks about how he invented pizza in his Roman Legion days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah that's why I'd want them to wrap more of Cell's game personality if they ever brought him back (in order to give him a personality at all lol). Videogame Cell is way more playful than Frieza. They're both sassy evil assholes, but Cell's, well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HikoazIRD40

speaking of, now that UI goku's out I wonder if we'll hear something about the next couple of FighterZ characters. Probably during Evo, they apparently still plan on having announcements.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 31, 2020