Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
a show about a group of trekkie friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
a show where selected trekkies get to spend the afternoon hanging out with a trek actor and it's extremely wholesome and fun

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
a show where trek actors do readings of selected fanfics

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
william shatner riding an illegal horse

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zesty posted:

Spot’s Day

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

a show where trek actors do readings of selected fanfics

This, but they have to read fanfiction from different Star Trek series than the ones that they were in

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
A "Talking Dead"-style talk show that discusses the latest episodes of CBSAllAccess Trek shows hosted by Wil Wheaton and Jennifer Lien!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
King of the Hill, but Klingons.

No Bobby character (it would just be Alexander again). Hank, Bill, Dale, and Boomhauer style Klingons getting into situations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The Maquis and Me: An Odd-Couple style sitcom involving a member of the Maquis and a Cardassian soldier who are marooned in the remains of an extinct super-advanced civilization in the Badlands. Each week, tune in to see what whacky adventures these two get into while dealing with a malfunctioning supercomputer AI that just can't help but try and make their fantasies come true!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Shuttlecraft Confessions: Davidam Corrigan is a licensed Federation shuttle pilot who brings people to and from various entertainment venues on Risa.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

To Catch A Predator, but instead of Chris Hansen a rotating cast of beloved Trek stars bust the child molesters and chat with them about their favorite Trek moments until the cops arrive

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Filthy Hans posted:

To Catch A Predator, but instead of Chris Hansen a rotating cast of beloved Trek stars bust the child molesters and chat with them about their favorite Trek moments until the cops arrive

Lmao

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Filthy Hans posted:

gently caress.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

"Hi, I'm Ethan Phillips. Please have a seat..."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Zesty posted:

King of the Hill, but Klingons.

No Bobby character (it would just be Alexander again). Hank, Bill, Dale, and Boomhauer style Klingons getting into situations.

"My wife keeps throwing heavy objects at John Red Corn, but I don't think it's sexual."

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

"drat it, p'Ghi! I sell prune juice and prune juice accessories!"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

just, an old starship with a misfit crew and a captain willing to do crazy poo poo because he knows this is the last command he'll ever hold in his career, and he'll be damned if he doesn't make the most of it

and when i say "misfit crew" i don't mean "assortment of human sapient trainwrecks with enough daddy issues to fill a comic book store" like BSG, but just like, a bunch of goobers and maybe a couple of stoners in there. like probably not your first choice for doing brinksmanship at the neutral zone with the romulaks, but, they're totally fine taking care of most poo poo.

I guess? It's sort of similar but honestly I don't get the impression that the Orville's crew are particularly goofier than the average Union starship, and the Orville herself - while not the biggest or most powerful ship in the fleet - seems like it's fully modern and up-to-date.

I dunno I'm thinking more like a miniseries on the last Constitution-class ship active in Starfleet, that's been kept in service longer than she otherwise would have been, in part because the captain and chief engineer have been scrounging parts and busting rear end to keep her out of sight of any Operations beancounters looking for an excuse to decommission her. Importantly it wouldn't climax with the ship getting trashed in a firefight, but would get to Save The Day one last time before finally being recalled for decommissioning.

If you haven't listened to Improvised Star Trek, you need to listen to Improvised Star Trek.

gently caress it, Ima make an Improvised Star Trek thread.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
A sitcom in which Data and Worf are roommates.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

An anthology series set on the resort planet of Risa.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

An anthology series set on the resort planet of Risa.

I should add this show would be an exclusive to Showtime and air at 11:00 PM EST.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Worf on a wharf. Dax in a duck now.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

a dr. who crossover where the dr. who writers are banned from the show

Can we also do this with regular dr who while we're at it

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
hmmm... I'll allow it, on the condition that they use my idea of a whole year of episodes where Dr. Who is played by a different actor each episode (including within multi parters!) and the important thing is nobody on the show notices or acknowledges this

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Star Trek from the ships' perspective, just multiple ship AIs poo poo-talking their dumb humanoid cargo that think they're in charge but are basically just getting their heads stuck in their toilets on the reg.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

a dr. who crossover where the dr. who writers are banned from the show

They made a comic about this and there was one funny part, the TARDIS came teleported directly into the Holodeck and confused the poo poo out of everyone. The Doctor and his companions were wondering why the 1900s San Francisco they were visiting was slightly hosed up, and the Enterprise staff reasonably assumed that the Doctor was just a holodeck malfunction that wouldn't go away

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Each episode is a one-off of a different game show inside Star Trek. Tellarite "Survivor," Vulcan trivia, Klingon Iron Chef.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

A sitcom in which Data and Worf are roommates.

Coming soon to CBS All Access: MILES!

A show about the O'Brien family has Miles moved back to Earth and they settle in SF. Uh oh! Looks like mother Ishikawa's planet of residence will be terraformed as part of a new Starfleet treaty so Keiko invites her to stay with them and help raise the kids. Hilarity ensues as Miles and his mother-in-law explore cultural differences and learning to live together. Season 2 has a Cardassian (married to a human starfleet officer) move in next door and tried to befriend Miles. Miles hates it but Keiko and her mother love the new neighbor and can't understand why Miles just "can't get over it."

Each episode ends with Miles doing a 3-5 minute personal log entry about the lesson he learned that day which he then sends via subspace to Julian Bashir.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Star Trek: Autonomous

The USS Autonomous, the first Starfleet vessel to complete a 5 year mission in 2 months. Turns our you can explore space better without humans diverting course to get laid, or get trapped for some ancient civilization's outdated tech, or having to go around a 2 million sq. km nubula that melts flesh.

Warp core performs much better too without needing life support, replicators (for food anyway), and holodecks.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Bonzo posted:

Star Trek: Autonomous

The USS Autonomous, the first Starfleet vessel to complete a 5 year mission in 2 months. Turns our you can explore space better without humans diverting course to get laid, or get trapped for some ancient civilization's outdated tech, or having to go around a 2 million sq. km nubula that melts flesh.

Warp core performs much better too without needing life support, replicators (for food anyway), and holodecks.

The Enterprise is decommissioned after it won't stop spamming "What, you think you're better than me bitch?" over subspace.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Agronox posted:

Isn't this The Orville

It's also Picard, which as a show at least succeeds at being insanely cheesy

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

oh but seriously I posted:

The Enterprise is decommissioned after it won't stop spamming "What, you think you're better than me bitch?" over subspace.

The Autonomous is decommissioned after its AI becomes a Nazi after visiting the Cardassians.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

What if there's and EMH universe and they create biological life (humans) to run the ship while they charge their emitters?

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 29, 2020

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

That Berenstein Bears book where some Pandas move in next door and papa Berenstein is racist about them, except it's a borg family who move in next door

or All In the Family but instead of Rob Reiner banging Carrol O'Conner's daughter it's a borg

basically the same thing, come to think of it

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
Extreme Elimination Challenge with the hosts being Riker and that klingon commander he was bros with from that ship he interned on

contestants are just random red shirts

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The Great Bolian Bake Off

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Set in the DISCO version of Star Trek, it's about a group of young backpackers who are stuck on Quonos without money and stay in seedy backpacker hotels, get drunk, do horrible jobs and buy drugs while they avoid phone calls from worried parents..

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Set in the Disco version of Star Trek, everyone is always getting down and funky to the groovy beats. War has been abolished and all conflict is resolved through dance-offs.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Angepain posted:

Set in the Disco version of Star Trek, everyone is always getting down and funky to the groovy beats. War has been abolished and all conflict is resolved through dance-offs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZdkhxTALxc

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Zesty posted:

Star Trek Reboot, but completely compatible with Stargate TV Series

Star Trek Universe, they cross over into a parallel universe which is the Stargate universe and they find out what happened to the Destiny (I just finished SGU)

hmmm... I'll allow it, on the condition that they use my idea of a whole year of episodes where Dr. Who is played by a different actor each episode (including within multi parters!) and the important thing is nobody on the show notices or acknowledges this

I haven't watched Doctor Who in like 10 years, is it still self-aware as a cultural phenomenon and way up its own rear end about the Doctor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

I haven't watched Doctor Who in like 10 years, is it still self-aware as a cultural phenomenon and way up its own rear end about the Doctor?

if anything it's gotten worse