Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
fools, all of you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC_mV1IpjWA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
scar was pretty scary when i was a little kid

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the lady who plays Elsa in the frozen movies has some fuckin PIPES

my kid will only watch Moana Frozen and Frozen II explicitly because she loves all of the songs

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

oh, you mean adele dazeem?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DELETE CASCADE posted:

scar is literally hitler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkU23m6yX04&t=138s

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
The Lion King teaches children about the divine right of kings and about how if you let dirty outsiders in they'll ruin your country.

Not a very good film.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGtjbSc9gjc

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The Lion King teaches children about the divine right of kings and about how if you let dirty outsiders in they'll ruin your country.

Not a very good film.

it also turned a buncha impressionable children into furries

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
counterpoint: hakuna matata

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

At least Anthrocon was canceled this year.

Silver linings

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

DELETE CASCADE posted:

yeah she's scared of all the lions but esp scar

also the evil (step)mother from tangled freaks her right out

and the head of the orphanage in despicable me

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

haveblue posted:

I thought it was idina mentzel or something

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

haveblue posted:

more like adele deeznutz

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

has disney silently taken out the racist caricature siamese cat from this movie yet?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
the despicable me series is really odd, the setting is like a kids' version of venture bros

the antagonist in the first one is the failson of the head of lehman brothers the bank of evil who decides to be a super villain, which is apparently a somewhat common thing in that society

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that’s every disney and don bluth movie.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

my kid will only watch Moana Frozen and Frozen II explicitly because she loves all of the songs

Frozen just goes all in on Disney films being a medium for music; the story is pretty weak even for children

Not a very good film.

This is most traditional Disney films

Turns out using a bunch of monarchist era source material might not have the best political meta

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the despicable me series is really odd, the setting is like a kids' version of venture bros

supervillainy as an organized professional field is more common than you'd think, maybe that's the venture legacy or maybe it's just an idea that's easy to have

the harley quinn cartoon does it with the legion of doom and it's been airing on syfy despite originally being a streaming exclusive. pretty fun, great cast

haveblue fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 28, 2020

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

At least Anthrocon was canceled this year.

Silver linings
yeah between this and sports, lots of fandoms taking a beating this year

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

Frozen just goes all in on Disney films being a medium for music; the story is pretty weak even for children

the new one has a plot that barely even makes sense

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

haveblue posted:

the harley quinn cartoon does it with the legion of doom and it's been airing on syfy despite originally being a streaming exclusive. pretty fun, great cast
the hq cartoon is really really good

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

supervillainy as an organized professional field is more common than you'd think, maybe that's the venture legacy or maybe it's just an idea that's easy to have

sounds good, i'll czech it out tonight

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Midjack posted:

that’s every disney and don bluth movie.

secret of nimh only turned me into someone that likes cool lighting and keeps buying hue bulbs tyvm

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the first one confused me since how did nobody go check on Ana after Hans said she was dead? how did nobody ask why he didn’t call a priest to witness the marriage? how exactly did anyone think he would be king?

also what year is it?? we know it’s Norway but based on the women’s headwear it’s the early to mid 1800s, when Norway was under Danish (or Swedish, idr) control then in the second one they gave a photograph

speaking of the second one, if she is the fifth element why is her mum singing to her to bring her to the glacier?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

cqs: misplaced and then found my license that i thought i needed to renew for the last few months. turns out it expires next year and the reason was i needed the shiny star to fly which isnt an issue right now, so i dont have to juggle the terribly long lines and broken text waiting system ohios using

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 28, 2020

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
they obviously wrote a bunch of music and then built a film around it

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
And don't even get me started on the thermodynamics of these supposed "ice powers".

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the best disney song is zip-a-dee-doo-dah since it's the theme to an insanely racist movie and based on a number of antebellum south folk songs for that extra level of racism

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

the first one confused me since how did nobody go check on Ana after Hans said she was dead? how did nobody ask why he didn’t call a priest to witness the marriage? how exactly did anyone think he would be king?

also what year is it?? we know it’s Norway but based on the women’s headwear it’s the early to mid 1800s, when Norway was under Danish (or Swedish, idr) control then in the second one they gave a photograph

speaking of the second one, if she is the fifth element why is her mum singing to her to bring her to the glacier?

they only have one character speaking in their actual accent (oaken, the shopkeep who price-gouged during a kingdom-wide disaster in front of royalty)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

qirex posted:

the best disney song is zip-a-dee-doo-dah since it's the theme to an insanely racist movie and based on a number of antebellum south folk songs for that extra level of racism

man i remember the hilarious racist butthurt when disney said they weren’t reprinting that one in the us ever again.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I think the most hilarious part is the fact that one of the most popular rides is based on a film nobody will ever see again

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

my 3 year old is terrified of lion king, both the animated and esp the live action ones

also scared of the jungle book, both old and new

congratulations your son.... is NOT a furry

time to show him robin hood just to be sure though

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

qirex posted:

I prefer zip-a-dip-zip-a-doo.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Not a very good film.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

they only have one character speaking in their actual accent (oaken, the shopkeep who price-gouged during a kingdom-wide disaster in front of royalty)

I’m pretty sure Oaken’s accent is Swedish too, or at least very Far East Norwegian

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
look the kids don’t care they just know Scandinavians talk English funny

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
my wife speaks some french, I told her I wanted to practice French with her and just yelled "hon hon hon" at her all day

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
making fun of how northerners talk is a long tradition

Canadians, Minnesotans, north Englishmen, scots, Scandinavians, etc

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
the one priest dude in frozen was speaking old norse during the coronation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

making fun of how northerners talk is a long tradition

Canadians, Minnesotans, north Englishmen, scots, Scandinavians, etc

Sven came home from work early one day and Lena asks, "Sven, you're home from work early. What happened?"

Sven replies, "Vell, I got my ting caught in da pickle slicer."

"Oh no!", says Lena, "Let me see your ting".

So Sven shows her his ting and everyting is fine.

"Sven, your ting is just fine, what happened to da pickle slicer?"

Says Sven, "Oh dey fired her too."