Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Edmond Dantes posted:

Co-op is fantastic right up until one of you gets a Nemesis with ricochet rounds.

Then it becomes glorious.

Seriously though, SYNTHETIK is fantastic and more people should play it.

(Just don't try and play it like a twin stick, moving wrecks your accuracy, you gotta learn to stand still to line up your shots).

so trying to play SYNTHETIK immediately after all my Enter the Gungeon bingeing will end very badly for me, huh :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Dark Messiah of Fear

D.A.R.K.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
More like F.O.O.T.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Ciaphas posted:

so trying to play SYNTHETIK immediately after all my Enter the Gungeon bingeing will end very badly for me, huh :v:

Movement is important in a different way. You need to rush out, get a bead, make headshots, and then dive back in to cover. You don't want to juke and shoot. If you do that your reticule will be 3 inches in circumference. You also have to reload your guns manually (use the spacebar), can waste ammo dropping a non-empty clip, and can get gun jams.

The game rocks. Just play it. You'll love it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I plan to after ETG - still got more I want to do there before I let myself get sucked into something else, especially something else with a contradictory playstyle :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ciaphas posted:

You're gonna be missing a lot of shots and eating a lof of poo poo if you do :v:

Or you can play Commando, grab a shotgun, dash into people, shoot, knife and dash out.

Oldstench posted:

If you do that your reticule will be 3 inches in circumference.

They're not kidding. This is my sawed-off shotgun's reticle while moving:

/edit: Just checked; it's 20cm or 7.87 inches in diameter :v:

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 28, 2020

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

More like F.O.O.T.

def wanna play a first-person-footer where kicking/drop-kicking/etc is the only way to attack ppl

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That's basically the first half of Dying Light.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The algorithm still needs some work.

(Click for big)

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

anilEhilated posted:

Speaking of Far Cry: I beat New Dawn and liked it well enough, but was really disappointed by the need to re-do outposts and expeditions to grind supplies. I guess it's related to the map being tiny - just give me vast swathes of land I can gradually paint with my faction's color, goddamnit.

My favorite thing about New Dawn was when I realized that the boar companion could solo every outpost and get me an undetected bonus every time.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

The algorithm still needs some work.

(Click for big)

That game was just a $60 million dollar ad for the kinect that no one liked or wanted.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

pentyne posted:

That game was just a $60 million dollar ad for the kinect that no one liked or wanted.

Mr. Bread liked it.:colbert:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Yoku's Island Express is $4!

Orv
May 4, 2011
The Bethesda launcher has Arx Fatalis for free if that's worth it to you.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hwurmp posted:

Yoku's Island Express is $4!

This is a cool game with a really neat soundtrack, ya'll should buy it if you're at all interested. I think it's also on game pass

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Rimworld's making me happy tonight, I hadn't realized how much I missed playing it. I went ahead and treated myself to Royalty and I'm playing full vanilla just to ease back in.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
A classic. Now on Steam.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

big highschool nostalgia

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Been playing through Sonic Mania. I think it's made me realize that I never really liked Sonic games to begin with :(

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Elasto? Was that always the name

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

elasto mania was always the name yes

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This is like when I found out you hold F to go faster in Ski Free and escape the yeti. My world is falling apart.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Well there was Action SuperCross before that.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Yeah, yeah EGS, but Hades is on sale for $19.99 and with the sale coupon you can get it for $9.99 which is a loving steal. That game is so good and content-rich it's crazy.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Kibayasu posted:

This is like when I found out you hold F to go faster in Ski Free and escape the yeti. My world is falling apart.

Hold it. I need to build a time machine to spare child-me of that particular PTSD.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Kibayasu posted:

wait what

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Oldstench posted:

Yeah, yeah EGS, but Hades is on sale for $19.99 and with the sale coupon you can get it for $9.99 which is a loving steal. That game is so good and content-rich it's crazy.
It even adjusts properly for foreign currencies. I grabbed it for six Euros and change. You're not getting that game cheaper anytime soon.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Oldstench posted:

I did this last week and it is so hilariously worth $10. It's insanely good. If anyone's on the fence about its early-access-ness, it's absolutely a full game and it's incredible.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I KNOW

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kibayasu posted:

WHAT.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

press F so your loved ones won't have to pay their respects

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Kibayasu posted:

you posted this on purpose, admit it

:tizzy:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

press F to get the funeral over with before the yeti arrives

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Press F in the fountain to see Lara naked in the shower

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'd totally dismissed Outriders because it's another looter-shooter and, despite what my hundreds of hours of Warframe would tell you, those aren't really my jam, but scanning around the latest video did remind me that it is being done by People Can Fly. Namely, the ludicrous gibs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV3E_x5fJ0g

Mordja fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 29, 2020

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Kibayasu posted:

Ever since I've learned this, I've wondered how long people have known about it. Like was it tucked away in a help file we didn't read? Or was it just some command that wasn't documented, so nobody thought to do it until one day someone tapped the 'F' key by accident and found you could go faster?

What's funny is that I still have the Microsoft Entertainment Pack CDs that had SkiFree on them, along with other games like Chip's Challenge, Rodent's Revenge, and Jezzball.

baka kaba posted:

press F to get the funeral over with before the yeti arrives

:golfclap:

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 29, 2020

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I was checking the New and Trending list and clicked on the Popular Upcoming tab and noticed this.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/675970/Powerslide/

A game my brother worked on in the late 90s.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Max Wilco posted:

Ever since I've learned this, I've wondered how long people have known about it. Like was it tucked away in a help file we didn't read? Or was it just some command that wasn't documented, so nobody thought to do it until one day someone tapped the 'F' key by accident and found you could go faster?

I honestly can't remember how I found out so I can't answer that, but I knew it back when the game first came out. Was it Win 3.1 or something later?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Win 3.1 and DOS, since those are basically the same thing anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Kibayasu posted:

NO. NO WAY.