Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Million Ghosts posted:

well, game just straight up won't boot and crashes with no error message after the GameGuard loading. loving around with file permissions and all the other tricks floating around does nothing, and after a reboot it had to completely redownload and reinstall. good job MS, really nailed the launch of an 8 year old game on your own system. this is the kind of bullshit i had to deal with playing Ragnarok private servers as a kid, and even those usually worked.

At least the malware in this case is directly from Microsoft itself and not the private server's client?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can't get this to launch.
It's all updated but the Microsoft Live (?) screen pops up and is just a blank grey rectangle.

Cool.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

I'm a level 34 bouncer now (levelling is so chill Vs the early days of the JP server) and adoring it still.

I was mostly playing boots but my gosh soaring blades are cool and seem to chill out damage too! How did I sleep on them for so long?!

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

New goon guild up on ship 2 if you're needing to get in for the rewards or whatever. Vacant Nol is the name, otherwise send me a message. Character is Shoka, player id is FoxShoka.

Or just ping me in the discord, or drop your player ID in here and I'll get to it

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I spent like an hour in practice mode with Bouncer after reading some guides/builds and I'm finally starting to get an idea of what that class is all about. Jet Boots combined with the ability to change to whatever element I want on the fly all while giving a +PP/+Crit aura around me is rad as hell.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Is Min/Maxing your Mag into a single stat absolutely necessary for endgame, really? It seems so counter-intuitive based on how the item feeding works. I've been leveling mine for R-ATK and dex since my guns were giving that so am I just hosed and have to delevel it and start over or is it, as I am hoping, Not That Big of a Deal™?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Lastdancer posted:

Is Min/Maxing your Mag into a single stat absolutely necessary for endgame, really? It seems so counter-intuitive based on how the item feeding works. I've been leveling mine for R-ATK and dex since my guns were giving that so am I just hosed and have to delevel it and start over or is it, as I am hoping, Not That Big of a Deal™?

The video I just watched regarding it makes it sound very detrimental if you don't make a pure Mag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC-rEv29A0w

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If you're not Bouncer or Braver, DEX does virtually nothing. If you are one of those two, DEX is literally twice as good as any pow. Defence is always useless.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lastdancer posted:

It's gonna take you a while to fix it, but it's not as bad as it used to be. However, it is a significant detriment to not have a pure stat mag, as it provides +200 to the desired stat.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Well I don't like it, but I guess I've got to live with it. thanks for the video link and the info, everyone.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I think I'm not very good at this game. I started as a Hunter but I was getting my rear end kicked in the tutorial part.

I never died but it felt very hard.

I don't know if I have the twitch ability enough to be a melee class.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

kirbysuperstar posted:

You can switch weapons mid combat to good effect, Phantom kind of has this built in (not that we have it yet)

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMBQpkqDddM

New DMC game is looking good.

Anybody know any potential fixes for the game just stopping as gameguard goes to authenticate? I'm getting pretty frustrated being so close but so far from playing.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

orange juche posted:

It's gonna take you a while to fix it, but it's not as bad as it used to be. However, it is a significant detriment to not have a pure stat mag, as it provides +200 to the desired stat.

What do you have to do to fix it? Mine is like 9 ranged attack and 1 dex right now.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I played the open beta a bit on xbone and figured I'd wait for PC to play for real and now I'm in the unfortunate spot of remembering enough to not want to start over but not having played long enough to remember what the gently caress I was doing. Does a decent guide exist yet?

Bow Braver still fun though.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
A tweet linked a few pages back briefly discussed a method to download the game outside the MS Store by downloading the JP version and then setting the edition.txt to NA. Well, personally I had to sit and click Retry every few minutes on the MS download about 47 times before it finally finished, but it finally did. However, my wife hasn't been so lucky on her PC. So I tried that method, and here's a trip report.

The tweet said to delete the data folder, but I wondered if it was necessary because the launcher seems to run a checksum on the files and update what's different/missing. Leaving /data/ intact the game started just fine, and other than initially showing me the TOS in Japanese once and only once (after that the TOS and everything else was always in English). However, trying to login to a ship asked me for her Sega ID (the MS version never asked me this and I assume goes by your MS account) and then said "no response from PSO2 server". I also found that GameGuard killed her entire internet connection, so I deleted the /data/ and /gameguard/ folders and let the launcher redownload the game. Annnnnnnd GameGuard still killed her entire internet connection, and it still got the "no response" error no matter what ship I tried.

TL;DR maybe don't bother trying that method.
:negative:

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
How much of a handicap is it to go with a pure S-ATK mag if you want to also play Bouncer/Braver? Is it like, a slight delay to how soon you can equip new gear, or will you simply be hamstrung in endgame?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

fadam posted:

What do you have to do to fix it? Mine is like 9 ranged attack and 1 dex right now.

Well the good news is you haven't broken it much, so you may be fine. Feed guns to it, and then feed the correct -mate item to reduce DEX to keep it from levelling DEX. Once it hits 101, you can spend 5 Excubes at the Excube vendor to reduce the 1 DEX to 0.

You can usually feed 3x 7-9* items before gaining a DEX level, and coincidentally 3 -mate items will remove almost a full level of DEX.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Here’s my install experience in case it helps anyone:

-Installed beautifully and smoothly from the store, possibly because I had everything running & up to date from messing with Game Pass
-Played around in-game and restarted a few times to mess with the resolution settings
-Accidentally hit No to allowing the app to make changes on my third or fourth restart and from then on it would not open no matter what
-Tried Repair and it hung, tried Reset and it did nothing, Uninstalled but it left behind the 60GB of garbage in the Mutable folder
-Fought with it for like an hour to get permission to delete the stuff in there and eventually managed it
-From that point I was then able to re-download the entire thing slowly and reinstall and so far it’s working just fine

In conclusion win store sucks but I already knew that. I hope everyone else can solve their issues and maybe that will help someone. FWIW other than interacting with the store Win10 is a huge improvement over 8/8.1 if you had to upgrade so good luck

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

gco posted:

Why does it keep asking me to complete Forest Exploration as an ARKS mission quest? I've plowed through it several times and it hasn't gone away.

Did you ever solve this? I'm having the same problem.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

gco posted:

Why does it keep asking me to complete Forest Exploration as an ARKS mission quest? I've plowed through it several times and it hasn't gone away.

Beast Pussy posted:

Did you ever solve this? I'm having the same problem.

I'm not in game so I can't check exactly where but I think you need to mark the quest complete in one of the menus. There was a menu I found that had a bunch of listed quests that I completed and the forest one was in there. Clicking on it gave me the reward and moved me to the next mission.

Edit: Yeah, check Quests (it's the 5th tab in the bottom menu bar thing) > ARKS Mission > Main Mission.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 29, 2020

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

explosivo posted:

I'm not in game so I can't check exactly where but I think you need to mark the quest complete in one of the menus. There was a menu I found that had a bunch of listed quests that I completed and the forest one was in there. Clicking on it gave me the reward and moved me to the next mission.

Edit: Yeah, check Quests (it's the 5th tab in the bottom menu bar thing) > ARKS Mission > Main Mission.

This did it. Thanks!

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

explosivo posted:

You can also hit esc to open the menu and then press shift to quickly access main/daily/weekly/tier missions. There is a button to receive all rewards if you have completed multiple missions too. Left-click a mission to keep it tracked on your HUD.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
My life is so much happier since I changed the jump button to B and the default interact button to A. hosed me up so hard to have to hit B to talk to people but then A to move through anything that popped up after that.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

orange juche posted:

Well the good news is you haven't broken it much, so you may be fine. Feed guns to it, and then feed the correct -mate item to reduce DEX to keep it from levelling DEX. Once it hits 101, you can spend 5 Excubes at the Excube vendor to reduce the 1 DEX to 0.

You can usually feed 3x 7-9* items before gaining a DEX level, and coincidentally 3 -mate items will remove almost a full level of DEX.

Thanks pimp.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Scoss posted:

How much of a handicap is it to go with a pure S-ATK mag if you want to also play Bouncer/Braver? Is it like, a slight delay to how soon you can equip new gear, or will you simply be hamstrung in endgame?

It's not ideal but you can still do fine with a Katana for Braver since they scale on S-ATK and iirc most of them also use S-ATK for equip requirements as well. It does mean you won't really be doing anything with a Bow though. Basically Braver has a free passive that converts all the DEX on their mag into both S-ATK & R-ATK meaning they can go in on both weapons with equal efficacy, skill point builds aside. I'm less familiar with Bouncer to comment on how the weapons scale and stuff but it has the same kind of mag passive, just for S-ATK & T-ATK instead.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Hit the mid-20s on my HuCast. Friends went back to Guild Wars 2 because this game is mostly sending items back to storage and navigating the trash UI.
This isn't a joke.

I dunno about myself, but it's mostly what I expected and remember from doing the same dungeons over and over in the original PSO/BB.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

PSO2 is SEGA's ultimate combination of the MMO genre and the functionality of a mobile phone game.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The game is fun despite the UI. I mean, woof.

I’m having a lot of fun and trying out all the classes is cool and dope. I like blasting the gently caress out of big groups with my lightning spells or doing fancy spear tricks. I have yet to spend a single SP at lvl 25. I’m sure if I gave a poo poo about min/maxing there’s an absurd amount of depth to making a build.

Anyways I’d love to do some harder/bigger content with goons which is what I imagine the rest of the game looks like.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

jokes posted:

The game is fun despite the UI. I mean, woof.

I’m having a lot of fun and trying out all the classes is cool and dope. I like blasting the gently caress out of big groups with my lightning spells or doing fancy spear tricks. I have yet to spend a single SP at lvl 25. I’m sure if I gave a poo poo about min/maxing there’s an absurd amount of depth to making a build.

Anyways I’d love to do some harder/bigger content with goons which is what I imagine the rest of the game looks like.

If nothing else, you really should spend your skill points. Not doing so will make you hit a brick wall of difficulty very fast.

Also completely unrelated, this is a pretty good guide on the Dark Falz Luther fight imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7bo1OTzXaE

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Having only done the tutorial mission, I'm struck by choice paralysis.

How important is fast dodging and such for ranged characters vs melee characters? I started as a Hunter because I like the big sword but I feel like I'm very bad at dodging and got my poo poo kicked in during the tutorial mission. (I played on Hardcore - which I guess is normal - I didn't die but I came really loving close multiple times.)

Do ranged characters have to spend as much time dodging enemies and poo poo or can they kind of just turret up and blast away?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
You dodge a lot on every class. There's a skill in the tree to increase your iframes during.

Summoner kinda dodges the least because a lot of the aggro is focused on your furby, half of which jump out and attack in melee.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Okay, I think I'll stick with Hunter just because I like the aesthetic the most. It's probably just because I'm very bad at this game and shouldn't have chosen the harder difficulty for the tutorial.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Just remember that Hunter can guard quite well and quickly.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Should I play this game with a controller instead of KB+M? I was doing KB+M before but was thinking of hooking up an xbox 360 controller.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Rainuwastaken posted:

New DMC game is looking good.

Anybody know any potential fixes for the game just stopping as gameguard goes to authenticate? I'm getting pretty frustrated being so close but so far from playing.

Do you mean when you start up for the first time? I've got a weird glitch where it pops up the gameguard window in the top left corner when starting and then just stops and the game never starts up. I've found out that deleting the gameguard folder from the install directory before starting the game will get around this. Unfortunately you have to do this every time you start the game. Hope that helps.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Having only done the tutorial mission, I'm struck by choice paralysis.

How important is fast dodging and such for ranged characters vs melee characters? I started as a Hunter because I like the big sword but I feel like I'm very bad at dodging and got my poo poo kicked in during the tutorial mission. (I played on Hardcore - which I guess is normal - I didn't die but I came really loving close multiple times.)

Do ranged characters have to spend as much time dodging enemies and poo poo or can they kind of just turret up and blast away?

gunner is pretty much dodge city, their weapon action is a matrix dive that gives them a ludicrous number of invincibility frames

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

How would I go about getting new robot parts (that aren't the ones I didn't choose during character creation)?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Welp, I wanted to try this for 8 loving years and still no European-version, but I really don't want to wait any longer. I changed my PC's region to "Kanada" and was allowed to download from the MS-Store.

Now to see if installing and starting works, too!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Zereth posted:

How would I go about getting new robot parts (that aren't the ones I didn't choose during character creation)?

It seems like the main sources of cosmetics in f2p are the "scratch-off" tickets that you buy for FUN points, and of course the player market. Not sure if there's anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

AC Scratch, Mission Pass, I assume the daily ripoff will have them sometimes and buying the AC Scratch ones (they'll have a different background on their icon) from other players via the Visiphone.