Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude killed a bunch of yakuza, which is a victimless crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he also killed a couple of the cops that went to arrest him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Yeah and until it turns out that one of them was an upstanding lovely Yakuza who left the organization to build and orphanage and raise the kids themself I have no problem stanning for Bando Yohei

Also Gaolang wanted to prove himself against the only boxer ranked higher than him and totally didn't see a ring out coming at all because why would he expect a ring out tactic from a world champ?

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 29, 2020

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AtomikKrab posted:

I mean, Meguro and Setsuna both had obvious severe mental health issues as well which humanizes them as well.

If you want an actual psychopath, Bando mcstretch Armstrong serial killer is who you should look at.

Oh come on, in a manga with a Murder Cop who literally killed a dude who was about to get married simply cause the dude's father was a murderer, and that somehow meant murder was in his genes, you choose Bando????

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brought To You By posted:

It's like getting out of the way of a sumo wrestler during a match. It may be a legal move but nobody will like you for it. Except the other Purgatory fighters because apparently this is something they take pride in.

The, uh, French dude? Nikolai or whatever? Seems to at least have his dissatisfaction with Purgatory rules, since he thinks to himself that the Kengan matches seem a lot more fun to him.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I mean there was that time Julius killed a racecar driver

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

AtomikKrab posted:

I mean, Meguro and Setsuna both had obvious severe mental health issues as well which humanizes them as well.

If you want an actual psychopath, Bando mcstretch Armstrong serial killer is who you should look at.

I was rewatching parasyte last night and was struck how similar the Yakuza murders are

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Oh come on, in a manga with a Murder Cop who literally killed a dude who was about to get married simply cause the dude's father was a murderer, and that somehow meant murder was in his genes, you choose Bando????

Murder cop is also a sad broken man. There is a reason they spoke about dirty harry syndrome.

DoubleDonut posted:

I mean there was that time Julius killed a racecar driver

This is trueish, but the racecar dude was also trying to kill him (at gunpoint of his family because Hayami s a ratbastard.) However Julius did not crush his skull, merely resisted the racecar and moved against it breaking the chain that was attaching them. Driver could have given up, or controlled his motion so he did not go flying afterwards.

We also don't see a corpse of the driver... Hayami could have had the fire put out and racecars are built to keep the person inside alive in extreme situations (Hayami let him burn we know this.) Hell an argument could be made that Hayami is the guilty culprit here because he could have I don't know, used an automatic system for the racecar?

Brought To You By posted:

he also killed a couple of the cops that went to arrest him.

People forget Bando did this which is why I put him as the best example.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Julius is gonna turn out to also have taken the online capoeira class.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
The fact that Bando used to work with Worm will probably mean the yakuza and cops he killed were part of Worm.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Julius is gonna turn out to also have taken the online capoeira class.

It was suggested to him as a way to make friends through learning how to fight dance. Julius was too polite to refuse after he was given a free copy.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/913669/1

lol Rihito is gonna fight Strider

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Kengan association peasent? Isn't Purgatory the less elitist venue?

Rip'em right in half Rhito!

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
A perfect opponent for Rihito to demonstrate the strong fundamentals he learned.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I love how the king of Thailand is still just super chill about this. He's just having a good time hanging out and he's not mad at Gaolong at all.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Bistromatic posted:

A perfect opponent for Rihito to demonstrate the strong fundamentals he learned.

drat straight. He's fighting Anime Personified.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if rihito loses i'm gonna be pretty mad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he's gonna punch falcon in the face blinding him when the glasses smash

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rihito is going to take down the Flashy Falcon with the strong fundamentals he learned from Gensai.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I'm gonna be mad if Rihito jobs again.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Overly flashy dude better get dunked on via fundamentals.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
I wouldn't mind every one of these fights ending with the purgatory fighters leaving with horrific injuries but still getting wins via things like ring outs and getting killed by your opponent.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Either Akoya or Meguro 2 will be the ones to lose due to killing the opponent

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
The ninja getup made me overlook it at first, but look at the guys feet.

He might do Rihito's ripper move with his legs.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Plutonis posted:

Either Akoya or Meguro 2 will be the ones to lose due to killing the opponent

Or Raian will go full Hokuto Shinken and explode someone just for the fun of it.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, I am absolutely anticipating that at least one of the Kengan fighter loses due to crippling/killing his opponent. But Akoya, Meguro or Raiain are a bit obvious choices, so I am betting that it will be either Gaoh giving in to bloodlust or Agito deciding to gently caress it and kill the previous Fang.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If Rihito takes an L here I'm gonna be mad

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
ok I'm not actually out, I want Rihito to clown this dude HARD with kengan ferocity

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Angry Lobster posted:

Or Raian will go full Hokuto Shinken and explode someone just for the fun of it.

He's going to win his fight and then the opponent will explode when he's watching the next match.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Angry Lobster posted:

I'm gonna be mad if Rihito jobs again.

He shouldn't have become a student of Gensai, the Ultimate Jobber.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
thinking about how insane it was that Gensai won the original tournament.

i wasn't upset but dude was just sorta there the whole time and then took out our MC and vanished

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
That Gaolang lost makes me more optimistic that Rihito gets the win here.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

verbal enema posted:

i wasn't upset but dude was just sorta there the whole time and then took out our MC and vanished

Hey that's not fair.

The only minor character Gensai fought was Rihito, everyone else was a heavy hitter. Heck, Setsuna and Agito were positioned to be the main antagonists of the whole manga, but he's the one who actually beat them in the tournament. His whole gimmick was looking like he was obviously going to lose, but winning anyway, all the way to the end.

We can only hope that Rihito has learned this mysterious power to reverse narrative momentum.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Begemot posted:

Hey that's not fair.

The only minor character Gensai fought was Rihito, everyone else was a heavy hitter. Heck, Setsuna and Agito were positioned to be the main antagonists of the whole manga, but he's the one who actually beat them in the tournament. His whole gimmick was looking like he was obviously going to lose, but winning anyway, all the way to the end.

We can only hope that Rihito has learned this mysterious power to reverse narrative momentum.

Yep, this manga is aware of the tropes of the genre and does it's best to subvert them in a fun way,

Kengan Ashura is so good.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

He shouldn't have become a student of Gensai, the Ultimate Jobber.

He's not his student, is just some nosey guy who shows up to watch him train wink wink.

Adnor posted:

He's going to win his fight and then the opponent will explode when he's watching the next match.

That, or something else equally hyper-violent and stupid at the same time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I lost track of things during the recruitment, wasn't Jun signed up with Purgatory?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RareAcumen posted:

I lost track of things during the recruitment, wasn't Jun signed up with Purgatory?

No, it was one of the wrestlers in his stable, Jose. Jun is still with the Kengan Association, he's just not participating because after Jose got injured badly in a Purgatory fight (with one of the guys on their team, I forget who exactly) he's too busy picking up the slack in his pro wrestling day job.

To be honest it feels like kind of a lame excuse to keep him and Haruo off the team, but they'll probably show up more after this arc.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Begemot posted:

No, it was one of the wrestlers in his stable, Jose. Jun is still with the Kengan Association, he's just not participating because after Jose got injured badly in a Purgatory fight (with one of the guys on their team, I forget who exactly) he's too busy picking up the slack in his pro wrestling day job.

To be honest it feels like kind of a lame excuse to keep him and Haruo off the team, but they'll probably show up more after this arc.

iirc it was the big rear end in a top hat who was a former fang who injured Jose.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Which is a shame for the Kengan guys because Sekibayashi and Haruo would probably do extremely well with the Purgatory rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

verbal enema posted:

it was mentioned a few weeks ago i think but in hindsight it really shouldn't have been insane at all considering the dude carved a monument into steel with his fingers - in fact, that should have made it incredibly obvious lol