Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

is anyone else seeing church's chicken getting impacted? Twice now I've seen it backed up enough to 1 time run out and today they did bring more out eventually but it was briefly empty

Yes.

Also the price of chicken is going up if it hasn’t already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Here in San Diego all the taco shops have increased their carne asada burrito prices due to higher meat costs. Still a bargain at $9-$10 for the best burritos in the country. :colbert:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
"ooh we put fries in things I'm a loving genius"

-San Diego

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Samples are coming back mid-June, with some changes:

article posted:

“We're going to start doing some things in mid-June on a slow rollout basis in sampling,” Costco chief financial officer Richard Galanti said. “I can't tell you anymore, but needless to say it’s not going to be where you go and just pick up an open sample with your fingers.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2020/05/28/coronavirus-costco-free-samples-returning-covid-19/5279542002/

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

-San Diego

where did the burrito touch u

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lobsterboy posted:

Yeah, precisely. I think Manuel the other Cbus goon posted about em in the first place, but they are way better than store-brand has a right to be. Not like, as good as something you made yourself. But my wife and I will do a daily walk to get out of the house and that margarita you pour into a glass is always great to come back to, since you barely have to do anything.

Yeah twas me, apparently the wine based one is pretty good too. But the Cbus ones have the vodka base and it's shockingly good for the price.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Samples are not needed before a vaccine you stupid fucks. You can't sample with a mask on. People shouldn't be standing in line and clogging poo poo up to get samples. gently caress these idiots.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

-San Diego

I love fries as much as any other gross idiot, but I don't need them jammed in burgs or wraps.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I love fries as much as any other gross idiot, but I don't need them jammed in burgs or wraps.

Uhh a burrito is not a "wrap" you uncultured swine!!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

tangy yet delightful posted:

Samples are not needed before a vaccine you stupid fucks. You can't sample with a mask on. People shouldn't be standing in line and clogging poo poo up to get samples. gently caress these idiots.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

costco should sell a sammpler pack and leave at the dropoff door

pepperjack cubes on a toothpick? You got it. caramel and cinammon Popcorn? Bet your rear end it's there. jalapeno poppers? Got you.

Wash it down with a tiny paper tumbler of bone juice

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

tangy yet delightful posted:

I am hoping that they are doing samples in small sealable containers that you take home with you, like some awkward to-go bag, but agreed in point.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Cheesus posted:

"Local Church Sells Gas"

https://www.wcax.com/content/news/Costco-opens-Colchester-gas-station--570767351.html

My local store announced plans to start selling gas in 2007. That's not a typo - 13 years ago!

Based on the seemingly endless court cases brought against it, so many of them citing Vermont's environmental laws and regulations, you'd be hard pressed not to label the primary litigant, Skip Lavallee as 'noted environmentalist" instead of his actual title "local gas chain owner"

Maybe the price competition will trickle down to me, some 20 miles away. Im much more ecstatic that this disingenuous fucker finally lost.
Followup:
https://www.wcax.com/content/news/V...s67EdQrw8sIumXM

quote:

The opening of the Costco pumps has triggered a price war. The Maplefields lowered its prices Tuesday to $1.59 to match Costco. Gasbuddy.com reports Costco's price Thursday went down to $1.49

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Lmao they should sell TP

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Blessings upon the flowing rivers

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Our church: *sells cheap gas*

Actual church: *sells cheaper gas*

Our church *undercuts actual church gas*

Actual church: *throws hat on the ground*

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Uh oh my TV broke

Time to get a TCL

TurdBurgles
Sep 17, 2007

I AM WHITE AND PLAY NA FLUTE ON TRIBAL LANDS WITH NO GUILT.
I grab some pretty cool solar powered string lights today for 40 bucks.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

put a little lady in a booth and she can put the sample in a little drawer that she pushes out to you

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Fallom posted:

put a little lady in a booth and she can put the sample in a little drawer that she pushes out to you

Like a gas station in a rough neighborhood.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
The instant someone starts coughing:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Laterite posted:

The instant someone starts coughing:

All bets.. are off

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Anyone got Kirkland Signature dress shirts? They're standard fit, and I can deal with all the extra fabric around the midsection with a decent military tuck, but the arms are ridiculous. Hulk Hogan's 24 inch pythons wouldn't come close to filling them out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Got some of those Eddie Bauer crew socks last week and one already has a hole in it :(

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Went to a slightly distant church today to get my car some activity and because I needed stuff. Don’t know if it was that particular store or supply issues overall since I haven’t been in a couple months, but dang was their cheese selection lame - I was hoping for some gruyere and wanted to pick up both pecorino romano and parmigiano reggiano, but they only had the latter; picked up some Gouda at least, since it’s not smoked I hope it won’t be so overpowering in mac and cheese. No TP in stock but they did have hand sanitizer. They also had plenty of most meats; I was in the mood for skirt steak but that was unfortunately one of the ones they didn’t have. Bought more sausage instead, can’t have enough hot sausage.

The NYC/LI area does not seem to believe in Bitchin’ Sauce but I did find some loaded baked potato salad that I decided to gamble on. Pretty decent - the larger potato chunks were sort of tough but everything else about it was good, including the most important thing of not having their mayo-based salad taste like it has a pound of sugar in it. Also picked up some of the bulgogi mandu on the recommendation of the thread but haven’t tried it yet, but since I loving love dumplings and Bibigo is usually quality I’d be shocked if I didn’t like them. Overall good haul, a number of things I wanted were on sale too so that was nice.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Everyone grab those little Angel Sweet cherry tomatoes, they are absolutely bonkers tasty. I'm eating them every day. They're tiding me over till my own tomatoes and the local variety come in.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Every Costco clothing own I've ever bought has stretchy fabric, so my jeans fall off if I'm not belted up

Unfortunate

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

ElGroucho posted:

Every Costco clothing own I've ever bought has stretchy fabric, so my jeans fall off if I'm not belted up

Unfortunate

Boo hoo my too comfortable pants fall off my skeletal nerd frame woe is me

Eat more dogs (with free soda and refill)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ElGroucho posted:

Unfortunate

I haven't not worn a belt since maybe elementary school.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

real men wear suspenders

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I haven't not worn a belt since maybe elementary school.

Yeah without it where would I clip my cell phone?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Suspect Bucket posted:

Everyone grab those little Angel Sweet cherry tomatoes, they are absolutely bonkers tasty. I'm eating them every day. They're tiding me over till my own tomatoes and the local variety come in.

My local Costco usually sells Windset Farms tomatoes instead of Sunset tomatoes, so If I want those Angel Sweet ones, I have to get them through AmazonFresh or from Whole Foods. I can confirm they're drat good. If they sell Sunset's "One Sweet Tomato" cherry tomatoes, those are also pretty tasty but sometimes takes an extra extra day or two to hit that peak sweetness. My absolute favorite, though, are their "Flavor Bombs" on the vine I can sometimes find at Sam's Club.

The good ones from Windset are the "Allegro" cherry tomatoes on the vine and "Cameo" cherry tomatoes. Avoid the "Concerto" cherry tomatoes if possible; at least around here, they haven't been that good lately.

astral fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 31, 2020

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

Costco has raised my hopes then dashed them with the online online-only member savings flier that I got in the mail a week or so ago and now that the sale started today, the item I wanted is not listed :( The online price is still full price and not on sale.

I wanted to try out the BlueAir Classic 405 Air Purifier for $150 off. I've been having allergy issues more than usual lately so I thought I would give a home HEPA filter a try. T'was not to be.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

StormDrain posted:

Yeah without it where would I clip my cell phone?

My tactical gear needs to go somewhere.

Where's my tactical Costco dog? That's usually at my 4 o'clock.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Durham church has no bacon, no tp, no paper towels, no dried blueberries, and a three total meat limit.

No bitchin sauce either.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
Went to Woodinville, WA Costco today. I haven't been on a weekend afternoon since pre-COVID, but there was definitely an uptick of people from a couple weeks ago when I went on a weekend morning. I heard a couple of employees saying things had really taken an uptick and they might start giving people more hours.

Stock was better than two weeks ago, but meat supply is still noticeably down and and prices have gone up, but in a very uneven manner. Hamburger is $3.99/lb as it typically is, for instance, but brisket went up from $3.50/lb to $5.50/lb. Odd, since supply for the former is theoretically much more than that later, but whatever.

I finally saw Bitchin Sauce for the first time in my life. I don't need the calories, so I skipped it. They also started carrying 1L bottles of Evan Williams, which is my favorite cheap whiskey by far, so that was very, very welcome.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Hit church in the Oregon parish the other day. The parking lot was busy but not the typical insane asylum it usually is on a Friday, which gave me hope. I noticed there wasn't a line waiting to head in, and it turns out they were pretty much letting everyone in at once. Inside it was a socially distanced cluster. Lots of masks on chins. Old guy got right up in my business to tell me all about the wonders of the Philips toothbrush heads I was considering. Busy intersections and aisles were full of people.

They had a decent amount of pork products; I saw a bunch of ribs, shoulders, and chops. They had those giant packs of fresh ground beef, too. None of those 5-packs of 1-pound ground beef "chubs" I sometimes get. Some chicken breasts, but no thighs. No crunchy peanut butter.

Got those melona bars and they're kind of amazing!

My wife texted while I was there: grab wipes and hand sanitizer, we're running low. Had a good laugh at that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Any reason not to throw this in a Sous Vide pot on steak setting for two hours? When it comes out I plan to slice it in strips for tacos. Should I sear the strips in a cast iron first or just eat it straight from the Sous Vide?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You're not gonna get a sear with that thing being soaked in marinade but it should turn out pretty good after some time in the vide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

Fallom posted:

You're not gonna get a sear with that thing being soaked in marinade but it should turn out pretty good after some time in the vide

Proper technique would be pat-drying the meat, then searing briefly in a hella hot cast iron/grill. Tenderization comes from thinly slicing across the grain.

I have never sous vided a skirt steak but I'd imagine it will come out pretty tender too.