Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ah :sigh:

now if only i had things worth selling, and also the ability to sell them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah. At least between Chroto (Ugh), Yerkes and the occasional 100k daily order you can get a good chunk of meseta a week.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
Hey OP, if you'd be a sweetie and add that there's a PS4 community for goons waiting to play this that'd be rad,
it's called "PSO2 Goons" and it'd make forming a goon crew a lot easier when the time comes.

(using the community is what we do for warframe on the PS4 and it helps getting people invites to the clans quicker)

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Holy hell it actually finally made it to a US release? I remember playing ages ago before they wave banned a bunch of us for modded (aka translated) clients.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What key are you guys using to dodge? The default X bind feels weird but it won’t let me remind to ctrl :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is this a good source of builds? https://flamii.wordpress.com/class-guides

I hear respeccing is really hard to do outside of spending real money so I'd prefer not to need to.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Mordiceius posted:

Should I play this game with a controller instead of KB+M? I was doing KB+M before but was thinking of hooking up an xbox 360 controller.

Manual aiming is a lot easier with a mouse. I don't think there's major advantage besides that.

fadam posted:

What key are you guys using to dodge? The default X bind feels weird but it won’t let me remind to ctrl :(

I double tap a direction button.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I mean i've got a big pile of gear that's up to red star rarity, but I assume based on the fact that, you know, have a lot as a guy who's been playing a whole two days, that they aren't worth much

should I just be feeding them to my mag or selling them?

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

What's the best method for levelling in the late 30s/40s?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I fed my MAG a bunch of S-Atk items (it's like S-Atk level 30) before I found out that as a Braver Dex was more appropriate.

Is it worth it to try and reset the MAG if I'm using Katanas? Or should I just keep on adding Dex now? It's like 85 Dex/30 S-Atk.

Also at character level 39 should I just be selling all of the gear I can't use? I've got a decent number of items in storage that I hadn't sold because the game prompted me to reconsider when trying to sell them, but if they're "rare but low level" is there a better use for them?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

Do you mean when you start up for the first time? I've got a weird glitch where it pops up the gameguard window in the top left corner when starting and then just stops and the game never starts up. I've found out that deleting the gameguard folder from the install directory before starting the game will get around this. Unfortunately you have to do this every time you start the game. Hope that helps.

Gave it a try, nothing. I'll just come back in a week when something's hopefully been worked out, but I appreciate the help anyways. :shrug:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

There should be a vendor in the shopping area I think under the blue banner who sells the other cosmetic outfits from character creation for meseta. Otherwise its drops/special currency/money for other outfits I reckon.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm working my way through the ARK main quests and explorations and I laughed when I ended up in Feudal Japan Planet Zone.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

oh yeah speaking of the mission pass is there a reliable way to get star gems so i can afford a ticket for the gold stuff?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Star Gems can be bought with real money.

You can also trudge through the Story Quests, any time Xion talks to you you usually get 20 SG as reward.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Also, oh god, I thought Episode 1 was going to end around the time I fought Dark Falz but the poo poo's still going.

My familiarity with PSO lead me to think The Ruins would be the "last" episode 1 area.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
The story pacing for episodes is really weird and almost never ends on the big raid boss.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What do photon crystals and drops do in this one?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I've run into some trouble when updating the game, the installer always works its way through the entire update, which takes ages, only to drop error 1813 at the end and terminate.

After several tries I've turned to Google and had to learn that a lot of people have run into trouble, mostly because apparently, the Windows Store is poo poo?

Has anyone else trouble getting PSO2 to launch after the NA-start?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I think the PD shop is on the second floor of the shopping area, along with a bunch of other specialty stuff.

Btw, gamepass ultimate is having a special for a dollar for the first month right now. If you sign up and download the win 10 gamepass app you can claim the pso2 rewards and cancel gamepass if you don't want it before the next billing period. The PSO2 perks include some xbox related cosmetics and a bunch of premium stuff, including a bunch of scratchers which will if nothing else will probably give you a bunch of stuff that you can sell for a lot on the player shops.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

THE loving MOON posted:

I think the PD shop is on the second floor of the shopping area, along with a bunch of other specialty stuff.

Btw, gamepass ultimate is having a special for a dollar for the first month right now. If you sign up and download the win 10 gamepass app you can claim the pso2 rewards and cancel gamepass if you don't want it before the next billing period. The PSO2 perks include some xbox related cosmetics and a bunch of premium stuff, including a bunch of scratchers which will if nothing else will probably give you a bunch of stuff that you can sell for a lot on the player shops.

This doesn't work with regular Game Pass btw, because for some reason it's not on there and only accessible through the microsoft store.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

This doesn't work with regular Game Pass btw, because for some reason it's not on there and only accessible through the microsoft store.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just Ultimate. I only figured out this much because a friend of mine said it would work and I tried it without doing any research. It did work for me though, I got the stuff

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Libluini posted:

I've run into some trouble when updating the game, the installer always works its way through the entire update, which takes ages, only to drop error 1813 at the end and terminate.

After several tries I've turned to Google and had to learn that a lot of people have run into trouble, mostly because apparently, the Windows Store is poo poo?

Has anyone else trouble getting PSO2 to launch after the NA-start?

Try repairing the installation via the Add or remove programs dialog (look for PSO2 and click on advanced options), it helped me.

It does take some time though.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I just realized that we don't have crafting and therefore there is no customization of arts/techniques.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hypocrisy posted:

I just realized that we don't have crafting and therefore there is no customization of arts/techniques.

There's like, cooking and ring making? Or is there also more crafting that got added later?

Also the tutorial stuff for that said I should now be able to do that stuff through a computer terminal?

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

Is there any sort of roadmap for catching up NA version to JP or are we just always going to be behind?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Annath posted:

I fed my MAG a bunch of S-Atk items (it's like S-Atk level 30) before I found out that as a Braver Dex was more appropriate.

Is it worth it to try and reset the MAG if I'm using Katanas? Or should I just keep on adding Dex now? It's like 85 Dex/30 S-Atk.

Also at character level 39 should I just be selling all of the gear I can't use? I've got a decent number of items in storage that I hadn't sold because the game prompted me to reconsider when trying to sell them, but if they're "rare but low level" is there a better use for them?

From what I've seen, going for S-Atk on Braver is lower damage but mostly fine, and in fact might be preferable if you ever want to use another melee class without shelling out money for another MAG.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Healbot posted:

Try repairing the installation via the Add or remove programs dialog (look for PSO2 and click on advanced options), it helped me.

It does take some time though.

Nope, now the launcher just helpfully tells me it won't update at all before terminating. But the other errors are gone!

Edit:

Welp, it seems there are people who had to do the whole "install-fix-errors-uninstall-reinstall"-routine three times already and still got errors. gently caress that, I've waited eight years already, I can wait a couple more months while the devs unfuck their dumb game.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 29, 2020

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
If anyone is having trouble understanding the classes or what they're supposed to be doing, I've found that this channel is incredibly helpful with that:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbZ_Vz4wQobZg02jXPs1a8A/videos

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol that you feed your mags tables to make them less dexterous

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So how long should I play this game before I get a good feel of whether I'll like it or not?

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

About an hour and you'll get the general feel

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

What stats are important for summoner?

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Is it possible to set movement to the arrow keys? Been trying to but for some reason I can’t.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

How are people setting up their sub-pallettes? I feel like I'm doing something wrong as Bouncer because I have 1-4 set up with my buffs and then the rest are techniques, and it's kind of a pain in the rear end to reach over and mash or hold 5-0 during combat while trying to move around. I know you can move the cursor thing left and right in the menu and use B to activate the ability (like how it's always done on the controller I guess) but that feels even slower and harder to manage mid-battle.

Edit: Followup question: are all techniques that are Red/Blue/Green the same element when it comes to weaknesses? The symbols on the weakness window for monsters doesn't exactly match the symbol of the technique I'm using but wasn't sure if that mattered or not as long as I match the color.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 29, 2020

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
So Wanted to buy more mags and bought 10 bucks of T points or whatever. But My xbox console companion app was log on a different account then my Microstore account that I used to make the purchase. Anyways Im going to level up all over again from 39. Heres my new friend code!

When you use the Friend Referral System to begin Phantasy Star Online 2, both you and your friend will receive wonderful items!
Please input the following information during registration.
Your friend's Ship: Ship 02: Ur
Your friend's Player ID: 10690218

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Is Ur being full a problem if I wanna play with goons?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Is Ur being full a problem if I wanna play with goons?

As far as I can tell, "full" just means you might have to try a few times to log in during peak hours, since there's no queue system.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
So Ship 2 is just on fire with errors right now, right? My fiance somehow hasn't been booted yet, and he can see that the blocks aren't actually full.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This is probably a dumb question but how do I dash? I can only dodge roll.