Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I propose a round robin wherein we switch artists every page and work from no goddamn script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

... did Roll just Foot Dive a street fighter character like she was Doctor Doom during as the glory days of Marvel Vs Capcom?

... was that game even out at the time?!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Warbird posted:

Next time:

The art is actually pretty dang good?!
Roll is naked for exactly 0 panels!

...Are you sure it's the same comic?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Das Boo posted:

I propose a round robin wherein we switch artists every page and work from no goddamn script.

So a Megaman comic jam. It rhymes and everything!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Alien Sex Manual posted:

So a Megaman comic jam.

those words bring me way back to my first internet community lol

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

This rear end in a top hat with the hat and the beads is in every Japanese-style gang.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

I'll play.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
i'll start

im a good artist

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

MegaHog would be a God

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Plant MONSTER. posted:

i'll start

im a good artist

10/10 would laugh again

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Warbird posted:

10/10 would laugh again

lol it was actually for BYOB thread I was going to make but didn't

But yeah holy poo poo I remember being really young and reading about the Brazilian comic. It was featured on a site called The Mechanical Maniacs. They were the best source for obscure Mega Man stuff.

Most Mega Man fansites and forums are still up and running.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Mega Man but all the dudes are nude

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Plant MONSTER. posted:

lol it was actually for BYOB thread I was going to make but didn't

But yeah holy poo poo I remember being really young and reading about the Brazilian comic. It was featured on a site called The Mechanical Maniacs. They were the best source for obscure Mega Man stuff.

Most Mega Man fansites and forums are still up and running.

That’s the same blog that I came across as well. I’m amazed it’s still up after all this time. I gotta say, the Wiley x Sonic vein is a rich one that needs to be tapped.

Yes I know about the official crossover comic.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

What's good about the Archie Mega Man comics was Plant Man's larger and vital role.

Because after all, Plant Man knows where the plants still grow. Plant Man.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The crossover's best part is absolutely Wily and Eggman. Really interesting how well they get along until they don't- the funny thing is that Eggman is actually by far the more evil one, while Wily is ultimately motivated by proving himself superior to Dr Light, just considering world domination to be the stakes of the game.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Was that the alt universe space station AI eggman at that point or the regular old eggman? Sonic comics are real dumb.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Extra Large Marge posted:

I'd like to keep Brazil at the heart of the comic, so the plot would involve Mega Man traveling back in time to sabotage the Wright Brothers so Alberto Santos-Dumont would have an undisputed "first in flight" claim.

Sigh

Siiiiiigh.

I'll see if I can make something.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Guess I’d better bookmark this thread.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was later contemplating making a different thread in BYOB called Roll Quest back in January

Dr. Wily, not only content with stealing Mega Man has decided to break Roll's good bong and so she goes on an adventure.

It never came to be.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I mean if you want it to come to be I’m down. We’ve got about a week or so before the Brazilian source material wraps up so the prep time is there if needed.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Mega Man but all the dudes are nude

I mean.....except for the helmet, aren;t they already nude, so to speak?

Are...are there robot dongs hidden under those blue panties? :ohdear:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yes

:eng101: And I do believe the correct term is dongle

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Johnny Aztec posted:

Maybe the goon comics will answer this age-old question.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
MegoonMan needs the following

X learning that Light had design3d a female companion named Sever

A radical upgrade module that combines Rock and X into Megaman XL that appears at the end of a chapter and is never again mentioned

Rant that claims we are the heirs to Kirby, MacFarlane and Schultz.

More Roll bodyhorror

Roll finds her old vacuum arm attachments

Dr. Wiley westworld knockoff

Protoman Super Saiyajin mode

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Whenever Goon Man isn't on a page everyone should ask "Where's Goon Man??"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Roll will now exclusively be referred to as Step-sister.

For... clarity.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

New character: Mega Man's hot step mom

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Holy gently caress this poo poo takes me back. I'm actually BR and I bought all issues of this back when I was a 10 year old kid and was amazed at the titties, Brazilian regionalist humor and Brazilian comic industry commentary and thought it was the most epic poo poo ever. Thank you for the thread OP.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Like real props for inserting loving Cangaceiro robots in the Megaman Universe

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Hot stepmom who looks exactly like Dr Wily but with a huge rack.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Holy gently caress this poo poo takes me back. I'm actually BR and I bought all issues of this back when I was a 10 year old kid and was amazed at the titties, Brazilian regionalist humor and Brazilian comic industry commentary and thought it was the most epic poo poo ever. Thank you for the thread OP.

My pleasure bud. Do you still have those lying around by chance? I’d love to get some scans of the comic specific MINI POSTERS without staples in them. No worries if you don’t.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Warbird posted:

My pleasure bud. Do you still have those lying around by chance? I’d love to get some scans of the comic specific MINI POSTERS without staples in them. No worries if you don’t.

Nah, I think I lost or got rid of those 15 years ago when I moved from my previous apartment. Wish I kept some though!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I just read this entire thread and it's completely magical.

I wanted to ask our Brazilian pals here if the impact of the Japanese expat community is part of what lead to the Anime explosion in the 90s/00s. I've lived in Tokyo the last decade or so and have a bunch of Brazilian Japanese pals, and I promise I'll ask them next time I see them if they know of any insane nonsensical comics I can share.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

tote up a bags posted:

I just read this entire thread and it's completely magical.

I wanted to ask our Brazilian pals here if the impact of the Japanese expat community is part of what lead to the Anime explosion in the 90s/00s. I've lived in Tokyo the last decade or so and have a bunch of Brazilian Japanese pals, and I promise I'll ask them next time I see them if they know of any insane nonsensical comics I can share.

São Paulo has a giant Japantown neighborhood which indeed was one of the biggest nerve centers of the culture. But we actually had exposure to JP media even earlier than the 90s, with Tokusatsu shows like Ultraman and Spectreman being licensed on morning TV here in the 70s/80s and getting wide coverage which prepared the way for Saint Seiya and Yu Yu Hakusho opening the floodgates in the following decade.

e: Lmao the issue with the Cangaço robots is set on my state, I forgot that.

Light Gun Man posted:

Me, many times during the translation process:

Stereotypes about the Brazilian Northeast, not much to see.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 29, 2020

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Alien Sex Manual posted:

Hot stepmom who looks exactly like Dr Wily but with a huge rack.

:jackin:

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Looking forward to this goon comic that radically changes quality and tone on a page-by-page basis.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Bass's mom has got it going on.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Kalinka and X will get involved and sire the next gen of cyborg, the NuMen.

Wily revealed to be Light's brother!

Whacky beach episode!

X and Rock get infected with the XhiChona virus and turn into hot chicks!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

FilthyImp posted:

Roll will now exclusively be referred to as Step-sister.

For... clarity.

It's not like they're biologically related anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Found a picture of Megaman’s hot stepmom!