Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

a lovely king posted:

Wouldn't that be a terrible strain on the animators wrists?

Not if you have proper posture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Tars Tarkas posted:

Here's a cool article about how they did the effects for Casper with real time hand drawn animation

https://beforesandafters.com/2020/05/28/the-real-time-hand-drawn-animatics-process-that-made-casper-possible/

Hadn't heard of that site, definitely going to be a regular reader now. Also the article is great, love that this stuff eventually makes its way out these days.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Here's a cool article about how they did the effects for Casper with real time hand drawn animation

https://beforesandafters.com/2020/05/28/the-real-time-hand-drawn-animatics-process-that-made-casper-possible/

#releasetheamigacut

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Just learned this today and lmao

Kinski was the original "but the plot doesn't even need Indy!" guy.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

0/10 Ben is not W I D E enough

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I wonder what a Herzog/Kinski Joker movie would look like

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sonic is getting a sequel, while in other video game movie news Cate Blanchett is playing Lilith in Eli Roth's Borderlands movie.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Tars Tarkas posted:

Phil Nibbelink is a madman. He somewhat famously has devoted years in his later career to producing feature-length animated films BY HIMSELF.

For instance, here's a sequence from his self-made Romeo and Juliet: Sealed With a Kiss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-qOOdPMfB8

Please note: It's very bad

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The MSJ posted:

while in other video game movie news Cate Blanchett is playing Lilith in Eli Roth's Borderlands movie.

how much loving money did they pay her, if I were cate blanchett I would not go anywhere near either Borderlands or Eli Roth

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She worked with him on The House with a Clock in its Walls movie which must have been a good enough experience to do it again.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

House With a Clock in its Walls was surprisingly good I thought. Roth should try working within the PG-13 limits more often.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Also he does dumb memey poo poo like “Pancakes!” So Borderlands is right up his alley

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope Roth embezzles the production money to fund a new Alien movie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
:lol: if you think Disney is going to let another Alien movie happen anytime soon.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

if the buyout spares us another Die Hard I mean

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

:lol: if you think Disney is going to let another Alien movie happen anytime soon.

Maybe we’ll get a theme park out of it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

feedmyleg posted:

I mean, they like money, and Alien is a consistent moderate earner with a large and vocal fanbase, not to mention a "prestige" IP that's responsible for between two and five of the greatest movies ever (depending on how charitable you are towards 3, Prometheus and Covenant). There's no way they don't eventually do something with it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The joke was that Randy Pitchfork put the money he was given by Sega for Aliens Colonial Marines into a Borderlands game.

So yeah, Eli Roth should funnel the money into the just announced Sonic The Hedgehog 2.

Or a Streets of Rage movie. That would be cool.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

a "prestige" IP that's responsible for between two and five of the greatest movies ever (depending on how charitable you are towards 3, Prometheus and Covenant)

I think you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone who ranks any of the ones you mentioned anywhere near the original or the sequel

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'd love if rather than just enjoying working with Roth, Blanchett just happened to enjoy the Borderlands games as well.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I dunno, I’d kinda hope Blanchett had better taste in games than something as monotonous as Borderlands.

more like Bored-erlands am I right

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Cate Blanchett is a fake gamer girl who claims to have played Final Fantasy VII despite never beating Emerald or Ruby weapon

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

I'd love if rather than just enjoying working with Roth, Blanchett just happened to enjoy the Borderlands games as well.

When are we getting a Bayonetta movie starring Lady Gaga?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Clowner posted:

I think you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone who ranks any of the ones you mentioned anywhere near the original or the sequel

a weirdly large number of people, especially on this subforum, rank 3 with the first two, and there's a decent minority of people who like the newer Ridley Scott movies as much. :shrug: the first two are the inarguable ones, but you'll find people going to bat pretty hard for all of the ones I mentioned if you look.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Watch WB give Ridley the go ahead to make a space monster movie for them

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ruddiger posted:

Watch WB give Ridley the go ahead to make a space monster movie for them

John Carter of Mars remake: Kingdom of Mars

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Huh, just looked it up on IMDb and realised I know one of the writers on Borderlands. Well, that's my Borderlands story.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

BioEnchanted posted:

Blanchett likes taking on the weird projects. She did Lord of the Rings specifically to wear the ears.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Clowner posted:

Sup mother fucker

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Blanchett likes taking on the weird projects. She did Lord of the Rings specifically to wear the ears.

I'm guessing she took Crystal Skull for the accent and wig.

Don't get me wrong, she was the best thing of that movie.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sonic 2 was the best of the games so here's to hoping.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Maxwell Lord posted:

This is pretty common. Iggy Pop is the tallest Vorta in Star Trek DS9 because he really wanted to play an alien.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Maxwell Lord posted:

She also likes taking props when she leaves, she took Mjolnir from Ragnarok and Evengelline Lilly's sword from the Hobbit movies.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

She also likes taking props when she leaves, she took Mjolnir from Ragnarok and Evengelline Lilly's sword from the Hobbit movies.

“There are far easier means to get a Crystal Skull, Cate. There’s this vodka brand...”

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Sounds like she's building a Taskmaster-like outfit.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Remember her cameo in Hot Fuzz?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

a weirdly large number of people, especially on this subforum, rank 3 with the first two, and there's a decent minority of people who like the newer Ridley Scott movies as much. :shrug: the first two are the inarguable ones, but you'll find people going to bat pretty hard for all of the ones I mentioned if you look.

I guess this is just a really roundabout way of me saying that CD is full of insane maniacs

CelticPredator posted:

Sup mother fucker

I rest my case

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The Clowner posted:

I guess this is just a really roundabout way of me saying that CD is full of insane maniacs

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

Alien franchise rankings:

1) Alien
2) Prometheus
3) Alien 3
4) Planet of the Vampires
5) Covenant
6) All the rest

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That's fair. I mean, Planet of the Vampires is probably objectively better than Alien 3.