Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

envisioning that girl from stand alone complex that loads her arm cannon full of coins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Final season trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlNpRThS9t8

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

homeless snail posted:

envisioning that girl from stand alone complex that loads her arm cannon full of coins

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

homeless snail posted:

Biribiri-approved.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

starbucks hermit posted:

I'll believe in your belief that you are a cyborg, wark

I can't wait until we live in the future and mod our bodies to insane levels ala ghost in the shell or inspector gadget or kiddy grade

literally turn my pinky into a lockpick or jam my ring finger into an ethernet port

have tubes and fluids circulating outside my body to release heat and make it easier to inject medicine (except I guess it's the future so it'll be nanomachines or whatever)

potty posting without the risk of pinkeye using a web browser built into my eyeball

Kiddy Grade? drat, that's an anime I haven't heard mentioned in a clip.

loving bring it! :getin:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
I bought One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 even though I've never watched or read any One Piece because it was on sale for the Switch. Playing through the story mode, now I'm pretty sure that 4Kids having a trash OP for the show screwed me out of watching/reading something really good

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

It's not too late. You can still read and watch it.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

TV Zombie posted:

It's not too late. You can still read and watch it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Post/av combo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's not like watching one piece from the start as it aired would have saved you from the pacing in the later parts of it just being worse than the manga

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm on episode 305 of conan

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Aurora posted:

nice work, watch out for the arc where andy richter left the sidekick seat for a couple seasons though, gets rough

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Aurora posted:

Speaking of which, are there any plans for ending Conan at some point? As I recall, the anime is almost in the thousands in terms of episodes.

Though to be fair I don’t think I ever really watched it honestly. Is it worth the slog?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

there are a fair amount of good episodes

i doubt i'd be compiling a list tho

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

also afaik the manga is in the endgame

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Larryb posted:

Speaking of which, are there any plans for ending Conan at some point? As I recall, the anime is almost in the thousands in terms of episodes.

Though to be fair I don’t think I ever really watched it honestly. Is it worth the slog?
it's almost entirely episodic so it's not really much of a slog

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

homeless snail posted:

it's almost entirely episodic so it's not really much of a slog

How much internal continuity does the series have (like are there any arcs you can flat out skip over without really losing anything)?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the actual metaplot is a slow burn that may or may not be in an episode

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Kubo-san is particularly fluffy this week

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

you can read like 10 chapters in the time it takes to watch one of the episodes! do it!

there's even an official colorized version which is decent, so the only thing you miss out on is the voice acting for the anime(which is admittedly really good, least on the japanese side), though it cuts out long before the current chapters of the manga so you'd have to switch over for those

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
just watch the show, the first 150 eps are amazing, and when pacing goes to poo poo you can switch to one pace and/or manga.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Agronox posted:

Kubo-san is particularly fluffy this week

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Larryb posted:

How much internal continuity does the series have (like are there any arcs you can flat out skip over without really losing anything)?

The Conan wiki marks every ep with anything tangentially related to a larger plot so there’s that if you’re anal about that sort of thing. Conan “arcs” are usually like 4 eps long tho, since they’re just single cases.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

thinking about the string of eps where he gets the antidote for apotoxin for a little bit

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it seems like the more you care about the overarching story of conan invariably the angrier you're going to get, because its mostly just conan emotionally abusing ran for 1200 episodes

at least yawara is only 120 episodes of emotional abuse

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i mean the legitimate fear of losing ran exists

he tries not to involve her or tell her about the black org for her own safety

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/Killer7Friday/status/1266474395750600706

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

He should tell Ran. If not that then at least tell her Shinichi is dead so she can friggin' move on with her life.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Woooooo!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
what if kun lan and harman smith spent all of a friday night getting the true ending of the 25th ward together

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

what if the killer 7 people all danced on out of touch thursdays

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the only character in killer7 who would dance is travis

kun and harman are too into playing boring chess games

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

is travis bell the secret advertisement for nmh1

he even has a shirt that says bad girl

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

like the guy in monkey island that says ask me about loom

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
suda just likes giving different characters the same name and vaguely similar appearances, it's most obvious with travis cause of travis touchdown being his most well-known lead character

it's like how killer is dead is called killer is dead even though it has nothing to do with the killer7 prequel story, also titled killer is dead

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
People brought up the ADTRW discord a few pages back, is the invite dead or am I banned from it?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i finished reading the first volume of kurayami. imo it's proof that suda never stopped being a good writer, it gives me flower sun and rain vibes in really good ways. big rec even if you haven't checked out any of his earlier stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

People brought up the ADTRW discord a few pages back, is the invite dead or am I banned from it?
you know what you did