Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004

Thirst Mutilator posted:

I bought a different Huano dual monitor arm (this one) for my similar setup of dual 1440p 27" and it works great - once I dialed the gas piston to the right tension my monitors move super freely.

One caveat though, coming from a monitor arm like your pictured one but for a single 27", is I did need to move my desk back from the wall more than I wanted in order to make space for the lower parts of the arms to be bent back towards the wall, allowing the top parts of the arm to come be close together on a vertical plane, but still my preferred distance away from the edge of the desk I sit on. I also has to offset the mount point to the left of my desk so that I could have one monitor front and center and the second one at more of an angle. (I can try to draft up a terrible image for more clarity)

My desk is comparatively tiny to the total width of the monitors though - only 48" wide by 24" deep - so depending on your own dimensions and preferred monitor set up, this might not be an issue, but just a heads up for something I didn't consider fully before buying a stand.

EDIT: terrible mspaint images, proportions are way off but idea is there I think

That's a good point! I ended up just getting two of these stands right here, same brand - https://www.amazon.com/HUANUO-Monitor-Mount-Stand-Bolt-Through/dp/B07Z7YNCBW/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Busy Bee posted:

That's a good point! I ended up just getting two of these stands right here, same brand - https://www.amazon.com/HUANUO-Monitor-Mount-Stand-Bolt-Through/dp/B07Z7YNCBW/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

This is exactly what I wish I had done, though I'm hoping to get a bigger, deeper desk at some point and make this a moot point

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I also just got my Omen 27i monitor early from BB. This thing is a ridiculous upgrade over my old HDTV/monitor hybrid! Thanks everyone in the thread for keeping track of deals like this.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Glass of Milk posted:

I picked up the Asus PB278QV from Amazon to replace my old 32" HDTV that had gone from a temporary monitor replacement to one that lasted for an embarrassing amount of time, so anything would be an improvement at this point. I haven't seen any reviews since it's pretty new?

It's a 27" 1440p IPS, 75Mhz screen, which at $270 is perfect for the light gaming that I do. Colors are awesome, no lag for things like Rocket League. Even more intense stuff like RDR2 or Bannerlord do well with a bit of stutter, but I suspect that's as much of a function of my ancient CPU (i5-4570) as anything else. I have a decent video card- 1660 ti.

The two weird things are the speakers, which like most/all monitor speakers are garbage, and the swivel is in the bottom of the big square stand, which makes the whole thing rotate.

Anyways, for non-hardcore folks like me, I'm pretty impressed with the thing.

Honestly this is a pretty terrible deal IMO and if you can swing the <$100 more for a real gaming monitor you should return it. 75hz isn't giving you significant advantages since the VRR isn't real and the overdrive tuning is probably trash if it exists at all. Even if you don't want to spend the money, you could save a bunch with something like this.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
what are some good monitor arms that i could put on my desk? I got all kinds of wacky sizes but right now with my wfh stuff i got 2 27'' and one 32. Also thanks for the reccomendation on the LG 27'' 144hz IPS. its been really cool so far.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Thirst Mutilator posted:

I bought a different Huano dual monitor arm (this one) for my similar setup of dual 1440p 27" and it works great - once I dialed the gas piston to the right tension my monitors move super freely.

One caveat though, coming from a monitor arm like your pictured one but for a single 27", is I did need to move my desk back from the wall more than I wanted in order to make space for the lower parts of the arms to be bent back towards the wall, allowing the top parts of the arm to come be close together on a vertical plane, but still my preferred distance away from the edge of the desk I sit on. I also has to offset the mount point to the left of my desk so that I could have one monitor front and center and the second one at more of an angle. (I can try to draft up a terrible image for more clarity)

My desk is comparatively tiny to the total width of the monitors though - only 48" wide by 24" deep - so depending on your own dimensions and preferred monitor set up, this might not be an issue, but just a heads up for something I didn't consider fully before buying a stand.

EDIT: terrible mspaint images, proportions are way off but idea is there I think

This is also the angle I like to use and I want to get a monitor arm/s. My desk is only about a half inch thick. Is that going to hold up the clamp? Are there specific things to know about arms or just find well reviewed ones on Amazon? I have a corporate Best Buy discount so I should probably check what we have too.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

KingKapalone posted:

This is also the angle I like to use and I want to get a monitor arm/s. My desk is only about a half inch thick. Is that going to hold up the clamp? Are there specific things to know about arms or just find well reviewed ones on Amazon? I have a corporate Best Buy discount so I should probably check what we have too.

Half an inch is really thin IMO. My own desktop is from Ikea and made from particle board and I wouldn't dream of getting a dual monitor mount if it weren't the thickness that it is (~1 inch). If yours is solid wood or metal, and you got a mount with a big base, maybe? I'm no expert and have no experience with desks beyond my own though.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Half an inch is doable if you employ scrap wood to increase the thickness to help having a better grip for the clamp but, under no circumstances should you do this on surfaces with cardboard cores (like many of what Ikea sells), you'll run the risk of tearing a chunk out of your surface from the clamping force.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Busy Bee posted:

Are your individual stands the ones that are gas powered and can go all directions or just the static one that I recently bought (picture above)?

I have a bunch of these:
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...products&sr=1-5

They're spring-tensioned (adjustable) and the VESA mount rotates 90 degrees, so they have a pretty wide range of motion (up, down, side to side, in, out, 4-way tilt, rotate)

I'm not sure what you mean by "gas powered that can go all directions", though - if my answer wasn't clear, let me know and I'll try harder!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Half an inch is doable if you employ scrap wood to increase the thickness to help having a better grip for the clamp but, under no circumstances should you do this on surfaces with cardboard cores (like many of what Ikea sells), you'll run the risk of tearing a chunk out of your surface from the clamping force.

i macguyvered a setup using an old book in lieu of a piece of wood once :shrug:

idk that id recommend it, but it was probably 9pm or something

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Half an inch is really thin IMO. My own desktop is from Ikea and made from particle board and I wouldn't dream of getting a dual monitor mount if it weren't the thickness that it is (~1 inch). If yours is solid wood or metal, and you got a mount with a big base, maybe? I'm no expert and have no experience with desks beyond my own though.

It's an Ikea desk like this one. I've had it for 12 years or so. Wasn't this expensive so maybe mine is cheaper materials? https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/bekant-desk-black-stained-ash-veneer-black-s69282592/

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

KingKapalone posted:

It's an Ikea desk like this one. I've had it for 12 years or so. Wasn't this expensive so maybe mine is cheaper materials? https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/bekant-desk-black-stained-ash-veneer-black-s69282592/

Ikea Materials posted:

Materials

Tabletop

Particleboard, Ash veneer, Stain, Clear acrylic lacquer, Paper foil, Plastic edging

This one I would say is mostly OK for monitor arms.

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?
Anyone have experience with Lenovo G34w-10?
I'm looking to upgrade my old office Dell to something better, and this Lenovo for ~€500 seems like an alright deal. It's a VA panel, but I'll just return it if I have issues with ghosting/smearing.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Pollyzoid posted:

Anyone have experience with Lenovo G34w-10?
I'm looking to upgrade my old office Dell to something better, and this Lenovo for ~€500 seems like an alright deal. It's a VA panel, but I'll just return it if I have issues with ghosting/smearing.

Height adjustable stand is nice

e: reviews on lenovo.com are saying no issues with ghosting

TheDK fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 29, 2020

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

:byetankie:
Gun Saliva
After getting a PX7 Prime before COVID I decided I wanted to get a 1440P monitor to replace my secondary U2412M so the resolutions would match. I could not have picked a worse time to do this.

Ordered a 27" monitor from eBay through a Dell authorized seller. Normally I would never do this but given the supply chain issues it was the only one that fit my requirements and wasn't outrageously overpriced. Monitor arrived with vertical lines on the screen. Seller told me to pound sand and contact Dell. Considered contacting eBay directly but decided to try the advanced exchange RMA first since worst-case they upgrade me to a better panel. Parts dispatch is currently delayed with no ETA so I'm stuck using the U2412M until that changes. The eBay seller said it's a brand new monitor from Dell, which is technically true, but that doesn't do me alot of good if I now have to replace it with an OEM refurb unit via RMA. It's too late to initiate a return with eBay as Dell already started the RMA on their end and I won't be able to ship back to both of them. Either way I'm not buying from the seller again - they also sell through Amazon so they're on a permanent blacklist on both platforms.

Also ordered a Dell Outlet 24" monitor for a family member which ended up delayed 3 weeks. Decided to just cancel it and buy something locally where I could. Dell confirmed they cancelled the monitor order, both on phone and via emails, however it was delivered a couple days ago. Their internal systems still say the order was cancelled and looking up the order online says it was cancelled, but if I pull the dispatch number it comes up as delivered. Finally reached phone support after over an hour on hold and they see the order as cancelled and are not sure what to do with it. Support asked me if I just wanted to keep it since it was ultimately delivered and apparently they are going to bill me, but so far the service request hasn't changed and I haven't seen any charges. Maybe I won't get billed at all, but I'm not about to spend another hour trying to correct their gently caress up.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Are there any display cables that go from mini DisplayPort source to USB-C output? I'm trying to connect my Razer Blade 15 via its mini DisplayPort to a monitor that only supports DisplayPort over USB-C. It seems everything I find on Amazon only supports the opposite direction.

From a little further searching: https://www.startech.com/Search?search_term=Bidirectional+mini+DP+to+USB-C

It looks like they exist, but are expensive and I'll still have to get a mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter.

space marine todd fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 29, 2020

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

space marine todd posted:

It looks like they exist, but are expensive and I'll still have to get a mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter.

Yeah, USB-C -> DP cables are <$20, but DP -> USB-C takes some processing, IIRC, and thus cables are more in the $40-$50 range. At least the miniDP -> DP adapters are like $7 or thereabouts.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

DrDork posted:

Yeah, USB-C -> DP cables are <$20, but DP -> USB-C takes some processing, IIRC, and thus cables are more in the $40-$50 range. At least the miniDP -> DP adapters are like $7 or thereabouts.

Yeah, it's been a minute since I have had to deal with active cables.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

space marine todd posted:

Are there any display cables that go from mini DisplayPort source to USB-C output? I'm trying to connect my Razer Blade 15 via its mini DisplayPort to a monitor that only supports DisplayPort over USB-C. It seems everything I find on Amazon only supports the opposite direction.

From a little further searching: https://www.startech.com/Search?search_term=Bidirectional+mini+DP+to+USB-C

As I understand it unlike DP->HDMI where there's a voltage change the DisplayPort Alternate Mode on USB-C is literally the same signal on different pins with a way to indicate to the source what's up.

If I'm right about that, in theory at least if the monitor isn't strict about negotiation it could work in reverse passively similarly to how DVI<>HDMI adapters work both ways, but that would depend entirely on the monitor's implementation of the USB-C port.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

bgreman posted:

My Omen from the deal upthread came into my local BB a day early, just got it hooked up and configured and it's everything I hoped for in a monitor upgrade. Thanks to everyone in the thread for their input!

Same; holy moley I needed this!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

alrighty, it's here! anyone got suggestions for
a) monitor specific settings i should take a look at
b) general dual monitor advice for Gamers™

(27GL83A-B)

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

wolrah posted:

As I understand it unlike DP->HDMI where there's a voltage change the DisplayPort Alternate Mode on USB-C is literally the same signal on different pins with a way to indicate to the source what's up.

If I'm right about that, in theory at least if the monitor isn't strict about negotiation it could work in reverse passively similarly to how DVI<>HDMI adapters work both ways, but that would depend entirely on the monitor's implementation of the USB-C port.

I have a plain inexpensive usb c to DisplayPort coming off a thunderbolt dock and it doesn’t do anything fancy so far as I can tell. Was cheap and even powers to monitors using daisy chaining (mhl?) I’d think it’d work in the opposite direction but not sure.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Dogen posted:

I have a plain inexpensive usb c to DisplayPort coming off a thunderbolt dock and it doesn’t do anything fancy so far as I can tell. Was cheap and even powers to monitors using daisy chaining (mhl?) I’d think it’d work in the opposite direction but not sure.

USB-C has the ability to have built-in support for DisplayPort Alternate Mode, which effectively lets you shove a DP signal out from a USB-C source-port. Since the port / device does all the effort of managing the signal, you can get away with cheap, dumb cables to connect to a DP monitor.

DisplayPort, on the other hand, does not have the ability to translate itself into a USB-C compatible signal AFAIK--it was never designed to do that. So you need an active cable that can do the translation. That takes a few dollars of additional chips, hence the higher prices. So a uni-directional (dumb) cable won't support DP -> USB-C, while a bi-directional (active) cable will support DP -> USB-C or USB-C -> DP. And you can add a few extra dollars because USB-C input on monitors is still pretty rare, and even rarer is the situation where you want to go from DP -> USB-C, so you get to pay extra for a niche product.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

DrDork posted:

USB-C has the ability to have built-in support for DisplayPort Alternate Mode, which effectively lets you shove a DP signal out from a USB-C source-port. Since the port / device does all the effort of managing the signal, you can get away with cheap, dumb cables to connect to a DP monitor.

DisplayPort, on the other hand, does not have the ability to translate itself into a USB-C compatible signal AFAIK--it was never designed to do that. So you need an active cable that can do the translation. That takes a few dollars of additional chips, hence the higher prices. So a uni-directional (dumb) cable won't support DP -> USB-C, while a bi-directional (active) cable will support DP -> USB-C or USB-C -> DP. And you can add a few extra dollars because USB-C input on monitors is still pretty rare, and even rarer is the situation where you want to go from DP -> USB-C, so you get to pay extra for a niche product.

Ooooh, ok. I think that was explained above, but not in a way that was simple enough for me to understand.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

(27GL83A-B)

My only tip is that your second monitor should always have an episode of King of The Hill streaming on it to improve workflow and efficiency.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Black Griffon posted:

(27GL83A-B)

Set the overdrive (LG calls this Response Time) to Fast, NOT Faster. Faster is a gimmick to let them claim 1ms response times, it has awful artifacting.

Aside from that, run vsync on in everything now, set your default Nvidia profile to cap your FPS to 140, and create profiles with no cap for games where you want to use the in-game limiter. VRR is only on if frames come slower than maximum refresh rate, so to get no tearing + low latency you have to make sure frames don't come too fast.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Good advice, both!

One problem though: several times now, whilst playing Satisfactory, both displays have lost connection and my computer fan has gone HAM and I've had to do a hard reset of my PC. Doesn't happen in Modern Warfare (yet), which I think is a more demanding game. Does this kind of issue sound familiar to anyone?

I just updated my BIOS and graphics drivers, haven't tried to run Satisfactory again after that though because the very loud fan freaked me out. First time it happened, it pretty much went off the minute I launched the game, the other times I've put some time in before the crash.

It's a shame because if there's any game I want to watch King of the Hill to, it's Satisfactory.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

What kind of framerate are you getting? It's occasionally a thing that people will get a higher refresh rate monitor, get more FPS in a game, which pushes too much load somewhere in their system in some way and exposes something. Try capping it to 60 FPS and see if you still have the problem.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Will do, got a small update though. The issue happened in Modern Warfare five minutes after my previous post, but this time I don't think the fan noise was as loud, so I waited. After a while, and after clicking ctrl+alt+del for a bit (the keyboard was still showing my dumb color setup and such), the screens came back and I saw a DEV ERROR 6068 in the crashed Modern Warfare instance, which seems to be related to overlay stuff, but it was basically the same issue as in Satisfactory (both screens lost connection, power seemed to be on for everything else). From then on it lost connection every time I tried to launch an app (paint 3d, when I clicked the error message in Modern Warfare and so on) so I restarted again and I haven't launched anything since.

From this I reckon it has something to do with GPU/3D rendering, where once it happens, the whole situation is borked until restart. I've disconnected my old screen and I'm gonna gently caress around with a framerate limit and see what happens, but I'd love to figure out what the gently caress is up and return to that glorious dual screen setup. My framerate is that far above 60, but I guess it's still pushing my hardware more than before (especially since I've upgraded from 1080p to 1440p).

Edit: I might've possibly not even restarted the PC but rather put it to sleep because I tried to launch paint 3d again and it happened again.

Edit2: if all I had to do was turn off the overlay I'm gonna be peeved.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 30, 2020

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Dracula Factory posted:

My only tip is that your second monitor should always have an episode of King of The Hill streaming on it to improve workflow and efficiency.

great tip

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

future ghost posted:

After getting a PX7 Prime before COVID I decided I wanted to get a 1440P monitor to replace my secondary U2412M so the resolutions would match. I could not have picked a worse time to do this.

Ordered a 27" monitor from eBay through a Dell authorized seller. Normally I would never do this but given the supply chain issues it was the only one that fit my requirements and wasn't outrageously overpriced. Monitor arrived with vertical lines on the screen. Seller told me to pound sand and contact Dell. Considered contacting eBay directly but decided to try the advanced exchange RMA first since worst-case they upgrade me to a better panel. Parts dispatch is currently delayed with no ETA so I'm stuck using the U2412M until that changes. The eBay seller said it's a brand new monitor from Dell, which is technically true, but that doesn't do me alot of good if I now have to replace it with an OEM refurb unit via RMA. It's too late to initiate a return with eBay as Dell already started the RMA on their end and I won't be able to ship back to both of them. Either way I'm not buying from the seller again - they also sell through Amazon so they're on a permanent blacklist on both platforms.

Also ordered a Dell Outlet 24" monitor for a family member which ended up delayed 3 weeks. Decided to just cancel it and buy something locally where I could. Dell confirmed they cancelled the monitor order, both on phone and via emails, however it was delivered a couple days ago. Their internal systems still say the order was cancelled and looking up the order online says it was cancelled, but if I pull the dispatch number it comes up as delivered. Finally reached phone support after over an hour on hold and they see the order as cancelled and are not sure what to do with it. Support asked me if I just wanted to keep it since it was ultimately delivered and apparently they are going to bill me, but so far the service request hasn't changed and I haven't seen any charges. Maybe I won't get billed at all, but I'm not about to spend another hour trying to correct their gently caress up.

The one piece of advice I'd give is that if you have trouble with Dell to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I just went through an incredibly dumb and Kafkaesque customer service disaster with Best Buy, and once I filed a complaint with the BBB I got it taken care of within a day. I was impressed enough I sent a thank you email to the regional BBB that handled the complaint.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm using a Samsung T260HD (1920x1200 tv from 2008 with no gamma adjust) and I'm starting to get sick of the too-dark-too-bright display. It's old enough that spec sheets for it don't list if it's TN or IPS, it's "LCD". I'd like to get a better monitor. I don't want to get a massive monitor because I put it on the coffee table and currently the tv is visible right above my monitor with almost no gap. So my current monitor is a 24" and I don't want anything bigger than that. Although, the bezel is huge so makes the monitor itself about 17.5" high.

I have a 980 but want to get the equivalent of an Nvidia 3700 when it comes out. I definitely intend to get an Nvidia card. I game, work and browse the internet on it. I watch movies on my actual tv.

edit: I was sort of thinking of getting a 2560 x 1440 but I think it wouldn't fit on my table. I do like the 1920x1200 but I suppose if there's a 1080p that's a significant upgrade I could get that. What kind of specs should I be aiming for with a 24 inch monitor? And what price?

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

:byetankie:
Gun Saliva

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The one piece of advice I'd give is that if you have trouble with Dell to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I just went through an incredibly dumb and Kafkaesque customer service disaster with Best Buy, and once I filed a complaint with the BBB I got it taken care of within a day. I was impressed enough I sent a thank you email to the regional BBB that handled the complaint.
Thanks I'll definitely keep that in mind. Dell updated me with a dispatch on the RMA so at least that should be resolved soon. Not sure what I'm going to end up with as their site doesn't seem to have the same monitor listed. I guess I can't complain as long as it works and they don't try to send me a TN panel or a 1080p screen.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Hi again. This thread was really helpful when I was shopping for my Korean IPS back in 2018 so... I'm back.

I foresee second-hand monitor prices dropping as people return to work (or not return to work, as the case may be), so I'm on the lookout. I'm used to dual or triple monitors in either 1080p or 1440p but I'm finding this becoming a little constraining for work. Is a 43" 4k flanked by a 27" 1440p in vertical orientation a sensible idea? I see some setups like that in various places. Or does an ultrawide just work better

Target: spreadsheets, lots and lots of browser tabs, remote desktop(s), reading long chunks of someone else's code, collab stuff like Teams/Skype/etc. In my current workflow I always maximize the current window but I could see that changing with an ultrawide or 4k setup. A bunch of the flakier older work stuff doesn't scale well or at all so a reasonable PPI at 100% scaling is a prerequisite

Anybody have the LG 43UD79 or Dell P4317Q as their daily driver? How are they?

ronya fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 30, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Update on my situation: Played dual monitor Satisfactory for hours without problems with overlays disabled and a 60fps limit, but when I launched Modern Warfare, it was monitor signal loss town all over baby. Disconnected my old monitor and now I've been playing MW with a friend for a few hours without any issues. I'd love it if there was a solution for this, but maybe I have to crosspost into another hardware thread, idk, it's a bit annoying.
Edit: decided to take my issues to HoTS

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 30, 2020

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

ronya posted:

Anybody have the LG 43UD79 or Dell P4317Q as their daily driver? How are they?

I have the P4317Q. I really like it, but get the version with height-adjustable stand, or get a third-party height adjustable stand for the P4317Q.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.

Wibla posted:

I have the P4317Q. I really like it, but get the version with height-adjustable stand, or get a third-party height adjustable stand for the P4317Q.

>32lb VESA arm, OK.

How far away from the screen do you sit? Do you set the height for eye level at the top of the screen?

ronya fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 30, 2020

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

ronya posted:

>32lb VESA arm, OK.

How far away from the screen do you sit? Do you set the height for eye level at the top of the screen?

I sit about 80cm away from the screen, and I haven't adjusted the height at all, since I couldn't be arsed to buy an arm :v:

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
The need to fuss about a heavy duty arm (that isn't a Humanscale M10 that would cost as much as a whole new monitor itself) is kinda nudging me toward the U4320Q, which apparently comes height adjustable by default

I guess Dell just assumed the only people who would buy a P4317Q would be corporate types replacing a 2x2 1080p layout. It's in the old marketing. But for the U4320Q they're clearly targeting a different market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah at this point I'd get the U4320Q.

Or maybe go a different route (38" 3840x1600 UW), with a 34" or 27" 1440p on top for streaming/youtube and bullshit like that.

Though that being said, I am happy with my setup.