Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perpetual Motion
Aug 12, 2013
This got to happen recently:

https://twitter.com/ponettplus/status/1227295209412866051

And Penders, being the class act that he is, did not respond well:

https://twitter.com/ponettplus/status/1228457776889966593

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Perpetual Motion posted:

This got to happen recently:

https://twitter.com/ponettplus/status/1227295209412866051

And Penders, being the class act that he is, did not respond well:

https://twitter.com/ponettplus/status/1228457776889966593

lol what a piece of poo poo

Tuxedo Mask
Feb 24, 2009

The dude with the tude.
I wonder if Sega would really let this go. I mean sure they didn't create Anti-Sonic and stuff themselves, but if some crazy person managed to legally gain ownership of some spin off characters and an alternate version of Mario and Bowsers. I feel like Nintendo would make heads roll over it. I can't see a company as big as Sega just being okay with some crazy person owning a version of their mascot character Sonic and making cringey fan fictions using their character designs.

I wonder if they are just waiting for him to self publish his LSC comic and then just hit him with a ton of lawsuits when he likely won't have any money to counter it, because i can't see anyone buying his books outside of a few people who did it for the memes and the people who plan to scan it and post it online so no one else buys it.

He posted a shirt for LSC a while ago that was to be sold at CC2020. If he also already printed his books he could have really been counting on making some money at cons this year, but with COVID19 there wont be any cons this years. Once this all settles down 2021 might be the year Sega comes for this man.

Tuxedo Mask fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 1, 2020

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I've said it before but I'm legitimately surprised that given how crazy Sonic fans often are that after all the poo poo Ken Penders has pulled that one of them hasn't stabbed him or something

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

drrockso20 posted:

I've said it before but I'm legitimately surprised that given how crazy Sonic fans often are that after all the poo poo Ken Penders has pulled that one of them hasn't stabbed him or something

I'm assuming he started dressing as his creations as deep cover and to frightmare Medusa kill would be assassins

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Junkie Disease posted:

I'm assuming he started dressing as his creations as deep cover and to frightmare Medusa kill would be assassins

All I know is that he's one of the only people in existence who looks more like a pedophile without a mustache than when he had one

Tuxedo Mask
Feb 24, 2009

The dude with the tude.
Well hey. I'm sure with the coronavirus existing its the first time in years sonic fans have been eager to shake his hand.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Stealing this from the Idiots on Social Media thread because it needs to be documented here.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Knormal posted:

Stealing this from the Idiots on Social Media thread because it needs to be documented here.

Someone turn some Comicsgate dudes towards him, see if we can get them to team up, so Penders can drag them all down.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Knormal posted:

:yikes:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Knormal posted:

holy gently caress penders

like, how the hell do you hit rock bottom and then somehow go beneath that

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Taintrunner posted:

Ken Penders is amazing. Apparently he was gonna he in charge of a Sonic movie in 2003?

https://twitter.com/kenpenders/status/1124175639966146561?s=21

Bonus:

why does the thing have hair on top of hair?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This thread has been very eye-opening to somebody who only knew Archie's Sonic comic as something that went for oddly high as far as back issues go.

"First they came for the foxes..." :psyduck:

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

juggalo baby coffin posted:

why does the thing have hair on top of hair?

Ken's interpretation of the echidnaEchyd'nya quills is that they're weird meat tendrils instead of keratin. This also leads to characters like Julie-Su having prosthetic robot hair.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I for one am shocked that somebody very insistent that a cartoon squirrel girl lost her virginity to a cartoon squirrel man twice her age is A ok with rape.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Has anyone tried trolling Penders by trying to promote their own low-fi-sci-fi epic "Legends of the H'djee-Hůgge: The Tiara-Lœn Cybertales"?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

I for one am shocked that somebody very insistent that a cartoon squirrel girl lost her virginity to a cartoon squirrel man twice her age is A ok with rape.

Excuse me.

Cartoon SKUNK man.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

quote:

The shattered.... hemorroid? What?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kurui Reiten posted:

Excuse me.

Cartoon SKUNK man.

I did not think that this morning when I woke up I would learn Sally was deflowered by a a much older James Bond skunk OC but well.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I was once going to write a big effort post about how much Ken Penders hosed up with Knuckles and stuff, but honestly, if you haven't yet:

https://thankskenpenders.tumblr.com/tagged/tkp%20post/chrono

Read through these archives. Just... yeah.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

"But that’s only skimming the surface. What’s up with the bizarre recurring themes in his stories? The obsession with rear end in a top hat dads? The weird attempts at mature themes? Dingo firing squads executing civilians? A cartoon bee dying from eating an LSD-laced chili dog? Distasteful allusions to the Holocaust? Implications that teenage Sonic characters were having sex off-screen? Why did any of this happen?"

The cartoon Bee tripping on Acid and some of the other shenanigans are known to me, but Dingo firing squads? wtf.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I read the blog up until basically the point I stopped reading the comics when I was a kid. It's a good blog but I still couldn't find the effort to continue past that point for some reason. :nyoron:

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Team? I thought he just sent them a pitch and spread rumours about this competition. Was Sega really considering giving him a budget for a movie?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Baka-nin posted:

Team? I thought he just sent them a pitch and spread rumours about this competition. Was Sega really considering giving him a budget for a movie?

Ken and an army of Echyd’nya animators who had trouble drawing without their knuckles getting in the way.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Baka-nin posted:

From what I remember, Ken had some contacts at the marketing and licensing arm of Sega America that put more faith in him than was warranted. He was legitimately in talks with his contacts to create an animated Sonic movie for a while, but it was just "talks". It's also why he was able to scuttle any attempts by Ben Hurst to make headway, because his contacts seemed to take Ken at his word for everything. He never actually had any traction that would get something greenlit, though.

After said contact(s) left, you stopped hearing Ken talk about his amazing Sonic movie story that was totally making progress, guys.

Doctor Zaius
Jul 30, 2010

I say.
The movie didn't include Sonic's parents because not everyone has a pathological obsession with parents and bloodlines, ken.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Ironically, Sonic's backstory before the trailer backlash was actually closer to stuff Penders had done with Knuckles, where he was mysteriously orphaned and was basically a living chaos emerald.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Robot Style posted:

Ironically, Sonic's backstory before the trailer backlash was actually closer to stuff Penders had done with Knuckles, where he was mysteriously orphaned and was basically a living chaos emerald.

Other than directly mentioning Chaos Emeralds, that seems to be exactly what his backstory is in the movie, too.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

beauty queen breakdown posted:

I'm sure everyone in this thread is already up-to-date on the Thanks, Ken Penders blog

I wasn't! Thanks for linking it, I just got caught up. What an incredible journey into the depths of mediocrity and sleaze.

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

My secret shame is a sonic DVD set signed by ken penders. His site had a dvd & tshirt deal with a signed copy and it was one of the first places that sold the dvd's so I bought it. This was before the the whole lawsuit and heinous twitter activity and I just knew him as a guy who worked on the comics.

I'm still totally reading his not-knuckles comic if it ever comes out, though, because how could you not

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

edit: oops

panascope fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 30, 2021

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

well now we're here, what did you want to tell us

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Now that sonics voice actor is gone, Ken comes forward as the new voice of the blue hairball and promises you'll all love what he calls " screechy sonic" and his love of wrap around avatiors

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Wait, what happened to Roger Craig Smith?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/rogercraigsmith/status/1354805293369024520

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Agent Rush posted:

Wait, what happened to Roger Craig Smith?

Mike Pollock, high on LSD, dressed as Eggman and hunted him down with an oversized croquet mallet and while screaming that it's time for a change of pace.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Jaleel White wants a stead paycheck again.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Anora posted:

Jaleel White wants a stead paycheck again.

*while standing over the still-twitching form of Roger Craig Smith, but before logging into his Twitter account*
Did I do that? Yes I goddamn did.

NOW LAURA FINALLY LOVE ME.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1365477900711985152?s=20

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

The more he does this, the more he saves us from hate reading it. So good on him.