Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
This was mine: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2009/hordern-pavilion-sydney-australia-13d6d519.html

Being close to the stage at the front and seeing Suck and Dead Souls on the set list physically pained me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This was my first NIN stylist

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

My first NIN gig. I remember being absolutely blown away by The Great Destroyer, which honestly still is my highlight of that album.

Also a shoutout to the guy next to me when I saw them on the last tour who just stood there silently listening, except he just really wanted to shout 'SHEEE HAS THE BLOOD OF REPTIIIILE' I guess. You do you man :cool:

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I wanna say most of the LITS setlists were incredibly similar because of how elaborate the set production was. We got spoiled by the last tour switching it up so often.

My first show was the US winter leg of the With Teeth tour in February 2006, the setlist was only remarkable in as much as a) it was one of the first half dozen or so shows since the Fragility tour, and b) they played 10 tracks off of With Teeth, only skipping All the Love in the World, Sunspots, and The Collector.

AnxiousApatosaurus
Sep 2, 2004

Stylist
Did anyone get the extended Bird Box vinyl soundtrack? I'm interested in the extended/new tracks but $80 seems kind of steep.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Strobelight was teased right around The Slip and I sure wish we took the other path on that one.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The Slip was fine, and also the first tour I went and saw them (I was late on starting to go to concerts in general though). Coincidentally, my wife was at that same concert, but it would be 8 more years until we met. I also just last week looked it up, and found someone recorded that concert, so I'm going to have to add that to my music library.

August 07, 2008, Uncasville, CT, Mohegan Sun Arena

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
only 2 shows I've been to:

Houston 8/16/2008

Austin 8/14/2014

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Wow, I didn’t expect Trent to ever contribute music to a Nike commercial!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-t8qPldklc

:v:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

My first show:

Most people were more interested in Skid Row and G 'n R though.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

You've ruined the act, GOB.

axelblaze posted:

This was my first NIN stylist

This was my first NIN as well. Also my first “real” concert ever.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

spookygonk posted:

My first show:

Most people were more interested in Skid Row and G 'n R though.

this is so awesome

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
My first and only trent show

I had never heard Now I'm Nothing and was insanely pumped at this retro sound trent's new material had for a few minutes lol

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
They haven't been anywhere near me since the With Teeth tour. So glad I made it to two shows in 06.Was surprised there weren't any Wisconsin stops on the cancelled tour. Would only be fitting.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Willeh posted:

My first NIN gig. I remember being absolutely blown away by The Great Destroyer, which honestly still is my highlight of that album.

The glitch breakdown from that song on the Lights in the Sky tour when they had the huge video wall was incredible live. I wasn't expecting it at all, and watching video of it doesn't even compare.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

The Walrus posted:

My first and only trent show

I had never heard Now I'm Nothing and was insanely pumped at this retro sound trent's new material had for a few minutes lol

Caught that tour in London and Gary Numan came out for Metal and then Cars. Place, naturally, went mental.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

sticklefifer posted:

The glitch breakdown from that song on the Lights in the Sky tour when they had the huge video wall was incredible live. I wasn't expecting it at all, and watching video of it doesn't even compare.

Yes! Still one of my all-time show moments, just the sheer volume of it and the white strobe lights for effect was really cool.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

spookygonk posted:

Caught that tour in London and Gary Numan came out for Metal and then Cars. Place, naturally, went mental.

Did the crowd know who Jane's Addiction were down there? I was at the Manchester show and no-one cared about them, pissing them off to the point of ending early and just not finishing their setlist.

Could be because the sound was awful. Manchester Arena is usually a decent venue but NIN sounded off that night as well.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Run Dodo Run posted:

Did the crowd know who Jane's Addiction were down there? I was at the Manchester show and no-one cared about them, pissing them off to the point of ending early and just not finishing their setlist.

Could be because the sound was awful. Manchester Arena is usually a decent venue but NIN sounded off that night as well.

That reunion Jane's tour was just so volatile. They were constantly fighting/arguing that its a miracle they even started the tour let alone finished it.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

The vibe of "Closer" in '94 was a weird thing.

hatelull fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 27, 2020

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I've seen them 3x.
Fragility 2.0 in Philadelphia
Lights in the Sky in Philadelphia
Tension in Newark

https://www.instagram.com/christopherrobinfinck/
I saw this the other day, its great.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 27, 2020

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Just found the list for the show I saw at Madison Squrare Garden in 2005. Nothing unexpected on the setlist but I was surprised to see there have been only 4 shows at MSG (one other of which, at least partially, was on the AATCHB dvd)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Edit: Turned out these tweets were from last year. Oops.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 27, 2020

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
This is from the....second time I have seen them live but the first (and only) time I have seen them at a festival. I am actually amazed about how many songs they played that night. Definitely a different feel though from an arena show. I actually didn't mind not being right near the stage and was more into the crowd vibe than usual.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

hatelull posted:

The vibe of "Closer" in '94 was a weird thing.

Holy poo poo I was at that show. Trent threw a water bottle and a hit a couple of us with it!

Also saw them Halloween that year.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

sticklefifer posted:

Seriously one of my favorite concertgoing experiences ever.
Ahahahaha oh my god :allears:

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Mierenneuker posted:

Wow, I didn’t expect Trent to ever contribute music to a Nike commercial!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-t8qPldklc

:v:

Guessed he released Just Do It after all

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
More NIN found in the wild. This time it's "Your Touch" from Ghosts V.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Not sure how we feel about covers, couple friends I know just put up a cover of every day is exactly the same, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXPLrF_Qe70

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Photex posted:

Not sure how we feel about covers, couple friends I know just put up a cover of every day is exactly the same, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXPLrF_Qe70
The singer didn't say porpoise, no deal :colbert:

(But seriously, this is pretty good)

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

One of my fav mondegreen’s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edv2tWq_xsQ

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 29, 2020

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Photex posted:

I don't know, I thought it was pretty good. Probably in the top 3 of NIN covers I've heard.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I've always liked this one: https://youtu.be/LhL8Sl3dWl8

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Midjack posted:

I've always liked this one: https://youtu.be/LhL8Sl3dWl8

Holy fuuuuuuuck how have I never heard this

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I, Butthole posted:

Holy fuuuuuuuck how have I never heard this

It was on the soundtrack to the Jackie Chan film Supercop.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I like Devo, but couldn't make it through that whole thing. The sampling on "god money" was awful, and I was hoping for more of a Devo-like sound, not Devo doing a NiN impression.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If I recall Trent's response to the Devo cover was essentially "holy poo poo Devo you rule but this sucks"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah I remember my college roommate playing that cover for whatever reason and I was very confused and sort of upset on behalf of Devo.

If anyone's wondering, I hunted down the quote, it's in a 2005 interview:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/trent-reznor-we-finally-put-new-metal-back-where-it-belongs-61278/

quote:

Johnny Cash‘s version of “Hurt” is the best, but what’s the worst Nine Inch Nails cover ever?
One of those hair-metal bands [Trixter] covered “Terrible Lie.” I almost called them up and said, “I’ll pay you if you don’t put this out.” One of my biggest influences and favorite bands is Devo. Imagine my thrill when they were covering “Head Like a Hole.” That thrill lasted right up to hearing the second bar! But they’re still awesome.

I did do a double take reading the first line of the article: "At the moment, Trent Reznor is not happy about freezing his rear end off in Minneapolis, but..."

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sir Lemming posted:

Yeah I remember my college roommate playing that cover for whatever reason and I was very confused and sort of upset on behalf of Devo.

If anyone's wondering, I hunted down the quote, it's in a 2005 interview:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/trent-reznor-we-finally-put-new-metal-back-where-it-belongs-61278/

His candor is his most charming trait, IMHO. Post your favorite frank and honest statements.

RE: Bird Box
“When we got immersed in it, it felt like some people were phoning it in,” he told Revolver. “And you’re stuck with a film editor who had real bad taste. That’s kind of our barricade to getting stuff in the film. And the final icing on the s— cake was we were on tour when they mixed it. And they mixed the music so low, you couldn’t hear it anyway.”

obeyasia fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Amazingly the Trixter cover isnt on Youtube. I don't remember whether I've heard it or not.