Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

jesus christ i didnt mean anything accusatory, calm down people. I was just saying that I see alot of yuri in here compared to others.

The entire point of threads is each one has their gimmick.

Instead of saying what you said below, you could have simply asked: "Does anyone here know if any manga or webtoons about transwomen that are straight or bi?"

I wish there was more stuff about transwomen that are straight or bi; romances with men. I know this threads gimmick is really just yuri, but still...

Edit: Unrelated but I'm enjoying Mage & Demon Queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
You don't have to 'mean' anything, nor do I think you consciously meant anything, but referring to peoples' sexuality as a 'gimmick' is kind of gross, dude. You could have said

I wish there was more stuff about transwomen that are straight or bi; romances with men. I know this thread's gimmick focus is really just yuri, but still...

and you'd just have come across as missing all the yaoi-oriented stuff. Just put a little more thought into your posts, yeah?

EDIT: Is this ally-posting? Sorry, not too sure what it is. I mean, I can kind of figure out from context clues, but I'm a dumb who needs things spelled out in detail.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
just ask people for recs or somethin there's people in here who read it

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

CommissarMega posted:

EDIT: Is this ally-posting? Sorry, not too sure what it is. I mean, I can kind of figure out from context clues, but I'm a dumb who needs things spelled out in detail.

It means don't be a straight cis person barging into this thread to beat down on lgbtq posters for their statements and opinions or to "just ask questions...".

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

CommissarMega posted:

You don't have to 'mean' anything, nor do I think you consciously meant anything, but referring to peoples' sexuality as a 'gimmick' is kind of gross, dude. You could have said

and you'd just have come across as missing all the yaoi-oriented stuff. Just put a little more thought into your posts, yeah?

:facepalm: i wasnt referring to sexuality as a gimmick, i was referring to a type of manga, which includes the entire broadband of sexualities! I know there's bl stuff too but its been far eclipsed by girls love, and besides theres burrito's wonderful BL thread.

And ally posing is straight, cis people try to say whats queer or not, im pretty sure

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

you could also just apologize for your choice of words

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Waci posted:

loving gays, ruining gay spaces with our gimmick orientations

maybe wanna drop the "t" from the lgbt in the thread title if you're gonna go "wow, can you believe that us gays are ruining this gay space?" when someone asks for het trans stuff tbh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Homora Gaykemi posted:

maybe wanna drop the "t" from the lgbt in the thread title if you're gonna go "wow, can you believe that us gays are ruining this gay space?" when someone asks for het trans stuff tbh

hey you should gently caress right off

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Homora Gaykemi posted:

yea that was all they did good job

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Homora Gaykemi posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
It was the word gimmick people had a problem with not asking for het trans recs.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
mfw i see 20+ unread posts in the adtrw lgbt thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoBFDWNLUNA

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

In the spirit of the last 20-30 posts, what are some good trans manga/webcomics

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

ive decided this thing is cool nb representation

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Femne, butch, gimmick, the holy trinity of lesbians

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
it's actually Cool, Cute and Passion

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DisDisDis posted:

it's actually Cool, Cute and Passion

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Dis said i should post about how i want to walk arm in arm with korone here

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
gimmick lesbians come together we are all gonna beat this drat nes game and be sure to collect the six hidden items and never game over so you can get the true ending

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I don't think it got mentioned here: the complete run of Vampiress Lord has now been scanlated.

It looks like it got cut short (3 volumes compared to an originally planned 10) but it sounds like the author had enough warning to wrap things up in a satisfying manner.

I'm still reading A Kiss and a White Lily for Her (I'm on the second last volume) and have a bunch of other stuff in the queue after that, so it might be a while before I get around to it...

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

In the spirit of the last 20-30 posts, what are some good trans manga/webcomics

i don't have plat anymore to check my post history but there was one i forget the name of where a girl came back from college to her family post transition out of the blue. the family is her three sisters (parents were dead or absent since childhood i think) n it goes through a bunch of good drama with all the diff family members (eldest sister's arc was my favorite i think)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ToxicFrog posted:

I don't think it got mentioned here: the complete run of Vampiress Lord has now been scanlated.

snooze talk about it a lot, what you have me on block? Am i going have to fight you, whats you beef >:'(

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 30, 2020

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Aurora posted:

you could also just apologize for your choice of words

??? I didn't -make- you misunderstand me. I'm sorry if you have some trauma in your past that causes you to react to things beyond what other people expect, believe me I get that whole-heartedly. And I'm sorry if it caused some pain for you. But I don't have control over your brain so ultimately how you respond to things is entirely under your own control.

Ultimately I was commenting on the lack of het trans stuff that I could find, and qualifying that with my own observations about this thread. That's it. Assuming 'gimmick' is a remark on you (in the broad sense here) is an overreaction, and honestly I have no idea what calling lesbian sexuality a 'gimmick' is supposed to mean, anyways. Could y'all please tell me where your minds are going there?

Recs would be nice, but people have asked in the past and nothing has really come of it, unfortunately :/

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4TgO35BiZs

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

??? I didn't -make- you misunderstand me. I'm sorry if you have some trauma in your past that causes you to react to things beyond what other people expect, believe me I get that whole-heartedly. And I'm sorry if it caused some pain for you. But I don't have control over your brain so ultimately how you respond to things is entirely under your own control.

Ultimately I was commenting on the lack of het trans stuff that I could find, and qualifying that with my own observations about this thread. That's it. Assuming 'gimmick' is a remark on you (in the broad sense here) is an overreaction, and honestly I have no idea what calling lesbian sexuality a 'gimmick' is supposed to mean, anyways. Could y'all please tell me where your minds are going there?

Recs would be nice, but people have asked in the past and nothing has really come of it, unfortunately :/

"How to make a "girl" fall in love" would be a get trans romance right?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

quote:

gim·mick

/ˈɡimik/

noun

a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.

The term is loaded and usually has negative connotations. It also implies that what you are describing as a gimmick "isn't normal".

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Carpator Diei posted:

Another new Witch's Servant chapter already. It is delightful from beginning to end. Stupid Sexy Arsenyo

It's old news by now, but i'm still kind of amazed how far this manga has evolved since its beginnings as generic creepy ecchi schlock. Even the demons are turning into interesting characters. How did that even happen?

I also have very ambivalent feelings about the Irish accents.

Just a heads up in case anyone missed it, Witch's Servant had a second update today.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

ooo is this a "im sorry you're offended" non apology in the wild?!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEBRiQCtbL0

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=89359

the artist (not writer) of lady snowblood did a straight trans story in the 70s that apparently achieved a lot of mainstream popularity.
it is, of course, untranslated

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

the word "gimmick" has a perfectly well established meaning that would be insulting to apply to someones sexuality. even if you didn't intend to offend anyone the right call would be to actually apologize instead of acting like it's a mistake on their part that they interpreted your post as it was written instead of reading your mind

as far as i'm aware very few translated het trans manga exist, which would be why no one really has any recommendations

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

You do know what gimmick means right? And how it's usually applied in a derogatory fashion?

Like for fucks sake is it really so hard to say "I'm sorry I used the wrong word, I didn't mean that" instead of loving doubling down and making a "no, you should be sorry for misinterpreting my words" nothing of an "apology"?

I don't feel like sharing any of the het trans stories I know because of how you're reacting to all this.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

snooze talk about it a lot, what you have me on block? Am i going have to fight you, whats you beef >:'(

I'm pretty sure you're the reason I was keeping an eye on it but I don't think you posted that it was finished, is my point

DisDisDis posted:

i don't have plat anymore to check my post history but there was one i forget the name of where a girl came back from college to her family post transition out of the blue. the family is her three sisters (parents were dead or absent since childhood i think) n it goes through a bunch of good drama with all the diff family members (eldest sister's arc was my favorite i think)

Did you post about it ITT or in some other thread

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wanted to comment that Yuureitou was a loving trip! Thanks for the recommendation!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/kyou_kara_yonshimai ?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
yup that's it!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Have you considered that coming in and insulting everyone isn't the best way to ask for a favor?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I know being trans is your gimmick, but does anyone have any lesbian manga recs?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Using the word 'gimmick' may not have been the best idea. Also, the follow-up of "Sheesh, you goons are being overly sensitive" is kind of less-than-stellar?

Like yeah, there's a dedicated BL Thread (which you should check out, because Everything Burrito is like an artisan of rad recommendations), but that doesn't mean that stuff posted here won't show up there and vice versa. Also this and the Shoujo, Josei and Romance thread also tend to have a lot of the same regulars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I don't think intent entirely matters, like how would you feel if someone asked if there were any good tranny manga?