Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Girls Dictionary
:comfyzelda:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I really like both the story of this, and the art and paneling. Every girl has a couple pages that are really striking when delving into their particular distresses. The actress was by far my favorite sequence of depression.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
For a second I thought the whole not figuring out your child might have narcolepsy thing is a bit unbelievable. Then I realize it's Japan and their track record on these things is not so good.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

and another Girls Dictionary

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
That panel of her cellphone hit me hard. Getting ghosted sucks, and getting left without any answers, just 'I'm sorry. Did I do something wrong...?' is agonizing if it's someone you cared about.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Long overdue new developments in this chapter of Mieruko-Chan

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RareAcumen posted:

Long overdue new developments in this chapter of Mieruko-Chan

hellyeah

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Speaking of getting ghosted

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Interrogation Princess
Oysters are on the menu.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Dragon in the Kitchen got an update. Dragon is just a big old puppy and we also meet the neighbors?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
two new chapters of Exorcist Reina

one: PO

two: JESUS CHRIST

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Honestly hoping this one is just malicious and not a misunderstood reinterpretation of this particular urban legend. Otherwise Sensei here is going to have a very clingly onee-san.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Mermaid Princess

yep.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Captain Invictus posted:

badass double chapter post

and yes :stare:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
From what I understand Hachishaku-sama is basically Japanese Slenderman.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

RatHat posted:

From what I understand Hachishaku-sama is basically Japanese Slenderman.

https://www.scaryforkids.com/eight-feet-tall/

Sorta yeah. It's a relatively recent creepypasta. Basically a child kidnapper who poses as a family member and is incredibly tall.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Brainamp posted:

https://www.scaryforkids.com/eight-feet-tall/

Sorta yeah. It's a relatively recent creepypasta. Basically a child kidnapper who poses as a family member and is incredibly tall.

Can't be that recent because i'm p. sure i shot photos of her in Fatal Frame

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Like mid to late 2000's or so.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

HenryEx posted:

Can't be that recent because i'm p. sure i shot photos of her in Fatal Frame

She’s in the 2014 one Fatal Frame: Maiden of Blackwater but I can’t find anything that resembles her in the original. Did you mean the Longhaired Woman?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Serious arc is still underway for Demon Mom

For as much damage as she's credited for, I actually agree with Lorem on this one especially when we have every reason to believe that she was already turning over a new leaf. Felt like everyone was talking past each other though.

Love story between Angel & Demon has the author grappling with the fact that he's not writing hentai anymore.

Also, holy poo poo this comic bounced from borderline horror to aggressive flirting in the same chapter.

True gentlemen put on gloves so they don't have to touch the filth. But is his actual name Sebastian because he really focused on that name drop?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
was about to link the latest demon mom, yeah it's getting pretty intense in the backstory segment, I expected the brainwash girl and dragon guy to hang around longer but maybe this is just where they die abruptly, can't say I'll miss'em much though.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

She’s in the 2014 one Fatal Frame: Maiden of Blackwater but I can’t find anything that resembles her in the original. Did you mean the Longhaired Woman?

It wasn't in the original one, but it should have been either in FF2 or FF3, because i'm pretty sure i've only played the first three games.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

HenryEx posted:

It wasn't in the original one, but it should have been either in FF2 or FF3, because i'm pretty sure i've only played the first three games.

The eight foot tall woman couldn't have been in FF1-3 since she wasn't created on 2ch until 2008, a year after Fatal Frame 3 launched in Japan. Maybe it's the rope tied ghost in Fatal Frame 1 you're thinking of? I remember her having some gangly limbs.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It's probably the rope shrine maiden you encounter in the Himuro mansion portion of 3. Her arms are way more elongated than the rope maidens in the original.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Girls Dictionary

dont we all.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Oogami-san is back :toot:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
and more demon mom

how romantic, bandage girl up, buy a house, girl slaughters deer for you, invite her in for venison dinner. smooth

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Penny Theater is really hammering these out. There's another one for today as well with the return of Hitomi
At this rate, she might just be able to overcome her sickness on her own :negative:

Captain Invictus posted:

and more demon mom

how romantic, bandage girl up, buy a house, girl slaughters deer for you, invite her in for venison dinner. smooth
Gospel will never lose to the other kids when they all compare how their parents met.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I dunno 'They tried to kill each other' might be prety common for demons.

Alternatively, it's "Oh, they just met at the sandpit, but when Mom2 was kidnapped, Mom1 went on a rampage to get her back."

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

I think what I like most about this series is how it keeps affirming that people can just be different and that that's okay. It would've been such an obvious move to, for example, have the painter's story end with her somehow "realizing" that art and friendship can coexist if she just does it the "right" way; instead she knows herself well enough to be certain that having close friendships would definitely take a toll on her art and that, all things considered, her art is more important to her than the happiness of friendship. And that's depicted as being completely alright (well, once she'd stopped physically assaulting people for trying to get close to her). It's just something really rare in this sort of story.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Night Owl Witch

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Useless Ponko

:drat:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new, extremely important Demon Mom

they're just adorable together :3:

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
this fits here I think
https://mangadex.org/title/48689/send-my-regards-to-kenshiro

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Rereading some past Demon mom chapters and a bunch of pages sure hit harder now

You gotta feel bad for Zeke though, dude spends years as a test subject slash hitman, finally breaks free and gets to have a life outside of being a tool to the government.... and in the end he's right back where he started :(

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Rereading some past Demon mom chapters and a bunch of pages sure hit harder now
You gotta feel bad for Zeke though, dude spends years as a test subject slash hitman, finally breaks free and gets to have a life outside of being a tool to the government.... and in the end he's right back where he started :(

It bothers me that it wasn't until this chapter that Gospel's wings and tail match Zeke's. Puts the chapter where Lorem is excited that Gospel has horns like hers into context as well. Gospel got her hair color, eyes, and horns but everything else so far is his daddy's.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

*gasp* Princess is actually injured?!?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Huzzah! posted:

*gasp* Princess is actually injured?!?

For a character that gets like two pages a chapter on average, Demon King is so drat good

“Battle strategies? What tripe!”

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

dont we all.
Ok, so what if we took this panel and didn't make it a joke? That's what the newest chapter is about.
I wasn't expecting a transgender chapter and it was Honestly a rollercoaster from subdued start, to a little tense, then we relaxed and things are looking up, then the bedlam of the last few pages. I liked this one although I would say that about every chapter and every entry to the dictionary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

quote:

This flower doesn't grow well in japan

gently caress, it sure doesn't. :smith: