Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Belbos Computer posted:

Welcome to my world where you get caught in a looping mindtrap of "feints within feints within *oh I'm shot"

No think, only shoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

FPS_Sage posted:

I started getting a cryptic error like that after the latest big patch. I seem to have fixed it by going to graphics settings and turning off nVidia Highlights (didn't even realize I had it on in the first place, not sure what it really does)

Highlights records your kills. So you can post that sweet time you rocketed like 10 dudes at once or whatever.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

B2B wins just now, and the second was a thriller. I was already pissed off in advance that we were gonna lose cause the other squad got lucky with the circle, but, well..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEMhW09htRI

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Busy Bee posted:

So I built a new PC a few months ago and have put some time into playing Warzone. In the last few months, my game has crashed maybe 3 to 4 times with the Dev Error 6328 code. Is this something I can fix or should I just ignore it? I've looked online and it seems like no one really has an answer to this issue.

i are you running any overclocks (cpu, gpu, ram) and do you have many programs running overlays (discord, MSI afterburner, et al)

these things were (potentially) causing crashes for me

i had to change a lot of settings on a computer that had been fully stable since day 1 to run this game

E: in all fairness i have not bothered checking to see if theyve fixed that since this game came out

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That gigantic oden suppressor owns, I gotta unlock that poo poo.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

priznat posted:

That gigantic oden suppressor owns, I gotta unlock that poo poo.

i have to say w my particular style of play (idiot sliding) doign the mount and longshot on that gun loving sucked

ofc now im eyeing obsidian on it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Statutory Ape posted:

i have to say w my particular style of play (idiot sliding) doign the mount and longshot on that gun loving sucked

ofc now im eyeing obsidian on it.

I am a madcap slider too usually with either a stockless lmg or o/u shotgun stockless sawed off and it doesn’t always pay off but when it does it feels like you’re neo in the matrix

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

How the hell did that dude get a Jugg on 10v10 shipment.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

My comp's power supply poo poo the bed the day before reset this week and even with next day shipping it cost me 2 days of shipment time, so I bit the bullet and finally decided to try golding the combat knife to make up for losing those extra days.

Managed it in less than 2 hours.

Now the only thing standing between me and Damascus is the JOKR and riot shield. God help me.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I swing wildly back and forth between thinking the shipping container map is insanely stupid and coming to a zen understanding that it is COD perfectly condensed, codnensed, if you will, if I may,

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I still don't understand how you're supposed to kill people with the JOKR, I tried it in Shipment and literally couldn't even ever fire the thing because it wouldn't lock onto anything and just said "target too close" if I tried to shoot without a lock.

I've never even been killed by one and it looks like its literally impossible to hit someone with it unless they stay completely stationary for like 15 seconds.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Inspector Hound posted:

I swing wildly back and forth between thinking the shipping container map is insanely stupid and coming to a zen understanding that it is COD perfectly condensed, codnensed, if you will, if I may,

It’s both

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I still don't understand how you're supposed to kill people with the JOKR, I tried it in Shipment and literally couldn't even ever fire the thing because it wouldn't lock onto anything and just said "target too close" if I tried to shoot without a lock.

I've never even been killed by one and it looks like its literally impossible to hit someone with it unless they stay completely stationary for like 15 seconds.

I managed a handful of kills with it last night, if you really want to try and grind it out on shipment look for objective games like dom/hardpoint/grind/etc. If you lock on to locations at the end of lanes you can get it to launch, you just have to kind of predict where the enemy will be and hope you don't get killed before it lands because 99% of the time you'll spawn under your rocket as it comes down on your noggin.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

do perks count as attachments for the camos?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
to get damascus etc do i gotta do the dlc weapons they added throughout each season? striker 45 sucks bros

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

BlindSite posted:

do perks count as attachments for the camos?

if you mean the ones that are like run no attachments, will a perk count as an attachment there ya

so if you have a scope, merc grip, no stock, and sleight of hand you have 4 attachments

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Statutory Ape posted:

if you mean the ones that are like run no attachments, will a perk count as an attachment there ya

so if you have a scope, merc grip, no stock, and sleight of hand you have 4 attachments

cheers, finishing up the pistols I need to plat and 1911 is a dog of a thing with its ammo count if you run a shield as well.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

It's making me love shotguns much earlier in the general arc of how I play an fps game, usually I only bother with them after pretty much maxing out everything else but I'm already having fun with them

Always start the round by throwing all of your grenades as far as you can in random directions

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Finally got a Juggernaut in this game and wouldn't you know it happened on Shipment :getin:

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Tokubetsu posted:

to get damascus etc do i gotta do the dlc weapons they added throughout each season? striker 45 sucks bros

nope, just the main game.

To use damascus on the DLC weapons you have to gold them though

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Ok what the gently caress do I need to do for a kill to actually count as a "quickscope" for this challenge? I'm literally scoping in and killing people before the scope zoom even finishes but I get nothing.

Orv
May 4, 2011

If you wanna grind the JOKR first off do it on Shoot House because you can just drop it on the death benches forever or on the side alleys.

If you really want to do Shipment, you can fire it from prone which gives you a much better chance of getting that rocket out, but you gotta basically lay against one wall and fire it at an opposite.

E: Also I turned off audio except voice chat for a round of Shipment because the constant explosions and tinnitus - which I've already got plenty of - were giving me a headache. Boy that was surreal.

Orv fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 30, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

encountered my first group of dudes using modded controllers for no recoil

lmao what a bitchmade thing to do. just let me grind my longshots in peace

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Cage Kicker posted:

Finally got a Juggernaut in this game and wouldn't you know it happened on Shipment :getin:

Good lord how many people just left the server

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Found a neat bug today where it was myself and two friends playing from the same physical location, only 2 of us were allowed to connect to his router via ethernet cable. The third person would always be disconnected from the COD servers.

We fixed it by one of us going on wifi.

Anyone know of a fix for this? Would be nice if we could all get on ethernet.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The last 3 nights of Warzone have felt unprecedentedly brutal. The middle of the night crowd is just hellish compared to the day crowd. Wish I actually had the desire to play in the afternoon cause it's always 5 times easier.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Now the only thing standing between me and Damascus is the JOKR and riot shield. God help me.

It's laughably easy on Shipment, especially on domination for attacker/defender kills. You need to be in one of the corners of the map shooting either up or down, so forklift into barrels at A or vice versa, or forklift into bins at C or vice versa. Expose yourself just enough to get a lock on aiming at the opposite wall, fire, forget.

I was getting very regular quad kills like this, and firing two without dying was often an easy springboard into the higher killstreaks, especially on HC.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Honestly trying out the other launchers just proves how much better the RPG is by orders of magnitude. The others have some utility for knocking out vehicles / killstreaks but for core multiplayer at least I can't imagine why anyone would ever bring anything else.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’m not sure if this is a stupid question but how come I have guns in my armoury that don’t appear in my load out options? I don’t understand how some of them are there. Some from S2 etc when I only started playing during S3.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

lol some dweeb just went 8 - 32 in shipment how tf do you only get 8 kills

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Statutory Ape posted:

https://twitter.com/dbltapesports/status/1258816999519596545?s=21

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

If you're trying for some very specific weapon challenge I guess you could go 8, maybe.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

to get the bruen i decided to run overkill holger hipfire stubby build and an AR with smoke/fully loaded + smoke tactical

no joke half the rounds i was starting off w more kills from smoke grenade impacts than that POS lmg

the bruen is real nice so far. i got it around lvl 40 now and just running it also as a hipfire :shrug:

is sleight of hand a popular attachment on that LMG? i actually use a lot of ammo on it

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
I really just started playing warzone, and had another weird ride last night. Started a game in quads, and all of us had mics! So there was some chatter and we're all ready, when the game starts one dude goes for heli and gets it, and me and another guy get on. The 4th guy is doing a contract, and as we're flying towards him, it finishes and we all get our money.

Now, the dude flying the heli get's close to the contract completing guy, and then crashes the heli, killing the 3 of us. Contract dude, revives heli guy, and then they say, this is a stick-up; if you want revived drop all your cash.

Evidently this was a well planned heist the pair of them cooked up. It was hilarious - the other pubbie was pissed, I was laughing - I couldn't see how to drop anything while down, so expired and they picked up the cash.

tldr; I was robbed!

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Statutory Ape posted:

Don’t post about me

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

jerman999 posted:

Don’t post about me

are you the guy running around dying a shitload with the JOKR so that its the only gun available for me to pick up when im out of ammo

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
The proximity mine is the best lethal this is objective fact

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Honestly trying out the other launchers just proves how much better the RPG is by orders of magnitude. The others have some utility for knocking out vehicles / killstreaks but for core multiplayer at least I can't imagine why anyone would ever bring anything else.

I have to say I'm very slowly coming around to the Strela-P/Carl Gustav. Sure, it's got basically no splash, but the projectile is dumb fast, feeling barely any slower than actual bullets with seemingly no drop to speak of. It's fairly useful when you got a short-ranged main gun and still wanna be able to countersnipe fuckers across the length of Fallujah with direct hits. Not as good as an actual sniper rifle, mind, but definitely more rewarding. :getin:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

how do you get one button quad kills w no splash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Quadruple headshot collat? Might be able to pull it off on shipment if you camp corners by forklift/dumpsters