Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
loving hell, today's disruption sortie is pretty insane. Any tips on instakilling a level 100+ demolyst with added sortie armor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Magus Lockdown will hold them in place, and Zenurik punch will slow them.

Ash and Banshee have armour stripping augs.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Worse case scenario, using a fast melee with the shattering impact mod on it will make them a lot softer.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Tylana posted:

Magus Lockdown will hold them in place, and Zenurik punch will slow them.

Ash and Banshee have armour stripping augs.

I used Banshee with the 1 aug and it worked like a charm - do remember that it also ragdolls the demolyst, so try to point away from the capture point!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Nickiepoo posted:

Is Corpro now not the only aura worth using or is it still the king of poo poo mountain?

Corpro is still the best by a wide-rear end margin.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Not gonna lie, the reimagined tilesets for corpus are looking good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAS-Q0L8YqY

I'm eager to learn them at 300mph.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Guilty posted:

loving hell, today's disruption sortie is pretty insane. Any tips on instakilling a level 100+ demolyst with added sortie armor?

To add to the armor stripping suggestions - Nyx's Mind Bolts strip 100% armor with 25% power strength or more

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Disruption gimmicks that I have used:

- Ash fatal teleport (finisher doesn't work on juggernauts though)
- Gara max range spectrorage (they become trapped and can't nullify it)
- Heavy attack fragor prime
- Mesa... just Mesa

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Ash's fatal teleport is even still pretty good on juggernauts because, like all the other demolysts, the animation alone stalls them and gives your team more time to unload on them. It's damage is pretty great against everything else though ya.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Soothing Vapors posted:

Corpro got nerfed, and enemy armor did too. armor really isn't a big deal anymore until very high levels, but corpro is still a fine choice. Probably top choice for things like eso where you still want to eliminate enemy armor so Volt and Mirage can shine

shield gating made brief respite insanely good if you need more survivability. Enemy radar is still good. I literally can't think of any other auras

Oh right I didn't realise the mod itself ate a nerf too, ha. I wonder how the damage curves look for, say, Steel Charge vs Corpro on a Valk.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Use Redeemer Prime to kill demolysts. Also Eidolon limbs and Condrix.

Pure heavy attack build. Point at enemy, heavy attack until dead. Swap to Sacrificial Pressure for sentient related activites.

Hybrid combo efficiency build. Alternate between basic melee attack and heavy attack. I use this for disruption.

Focus Energy gives combo efficiency, and you ideally want to run with Zenurik Inner Might node to cap out at 90%. True Punishment gives increased combo chance. With both, you will steadily increase your combo count even while alternating heavy attacks. Can also alternate regular melee and forward melee to hit max combo in like 3 seconds. The trick is to never do more than 1 attack of a combo because then you start doing actual melee swings.

High Noon over Bullet Dance cause High Noon has a stationary attack vs. Bullet Dance sliding you backwards. To enhance further, run with Arcane Strike and Swift Momentum aura.

gnoma fucked around with this message at 08:49 on May 30, 2020

Malah
May 18, 2015

Nickiepoo posted:

Is Corpro now not the only aura worth using or is it still the king of poo poo mountain?
Corpro against armored units (Grineer, corpus bots, infested ancients, and their corrupted ripoffs) is always going to be ideal just because the other options are so mediocre you may as well not bother. The weapon damage auras are all trash because they just add on to the weapon's damage mod, Rejuvenation and (especially) Energy Siphon are low value background trickles, Physique and Stand United don't scale and give lovely value, Infested Impedance got nerfed, and that doesn't leave much else. You want corpro enough when it's useful that it's SOP to immediately polarize aura slots Naramon for its use. Power Donation or Growing Power could be useful for a group that scales well with str going in against less armored factions, but most frames aren't worth spending an aura forma on for those rare situations.(Power Donation Nova for Speedva and Aerodynamic Titania for personal DR are the most prominent exceptions.)

Reworking armor and corpro was a first step towards aura diversity, but there's still not much competition for the slot while all of the old auras are still garbage. Energy Siphon and Enemy Radar help fill early game itemization gaps, but pretty soon there's only a couple of reasons to ever bother taking off Corpro. Enemy Radar has a special use case for arena matches (Index/Rathuum), and that's turning the minimap back on while companions are disabled.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

Anecdotally, Enemy Radar has the side effect of making enemy pathfinding activate from farther away. Which can increase killing efficiency cause of the enemies running into your gun range faster. It's also good for always knowing where the biggest clump of enemies you need to kill is.

Aura Tiers, imo:

S: none
A: none
B: Corrosive Projection, Enemy Radar | (always kind of good)
C: Sprint Boost, Energy Siphon | (always kind of ok)
D: Aerodynamic, Power Donation, Loot Detector, Speed Holster, Swift Momentum | (good but niche)
F: whatever other stuff pubbies like to use

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
im not an ash player but apparently ash players keep screaming steel charge is good on their 4 or something.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I mean steel charge is still pretty useful if your MR is in the low teens and you want to actually use mods in frames you are leveling.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 14:06 on May 30, 2020

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Steel charge is also more useful if your main dps is via stat stick.

I'd say about 60% of the frames in the game want corpro, the other 40% want something else. You want corpro even less if you're playing in teams. Unless you're pushing the extremes of the game, beyond high level content to level 500+ content, then you might consider using 4 corpro

Guilty fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 30, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Guilty posted:

Steel charge is also more useful if your main dps is via stat stick.

I'd say about 60% of the frames in the game want corpro, the other 40% want something else. You want corpro even less if you're playing in teams. Unless you're pushing the extremes of the game, beyond high level content to level 500+ content, then you might consider using 4 corpro

I only use Steel Charge on Valkyr and Khora. They seem to benefit a lot from it.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
if you think 4 corpo sucks show me the math.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Iretep posted:

if you think 4 corpo sucks show me the math.

warframe wiki posted:

For example, a full 4-player squad with max-rank Corrosive Projections, an active Heat b Heat proc, and max stacked Corrosive b Corrosive proc will result in an enemy's armor being reduced by:

1 - (1 - 50%) × [1 - (20% + 6% × 10)] × (1 - 18% × 4) = 97.2%.
If only one player has a max-rank Corrosive Projection with the above statuses, an enemy's armor would instead be reduced by:

1 - (1 - 50%) × [1 - (20% + 6% × 10)] × (1 - 18%) = 91.8%.

4 corpro is probably the only way to reach extreme end game content, but at that point you're battling with your switch being on for 8 hours and whether or not you're going to get banned for the extreme amount of rewards anyways (another incredibly dumb thing no one ever talks about)

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
we just had a sortie on PC where a bunch of goons wanted corpo because they couldnt dish out enough damage to damage to demolists. could they have gotten better weapons and use stunning skills? sure. was using corpo a lot easier? yes. i can make all kinds of stupid limitations on myself and still beat the game. doesent mean i will since its just a waste of time it seems.
also im not sure what that math helps with your point. it doesent seem to explain anything about how armor removal is actually a huge damage multiplier.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The main thing is : The other auras are even worse.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Iretep posted:

we just had a sortie on PC where a bunch of goons wanted corpo because they couldnt dish out enough damage to damage to demolists. could they have gotten better weapons and use stunning skills? sure. was using corpo a lot easier? yes. i can make all kinds of stupid limitations on myself and still beat the game. doesent mean i will since its just a waste of time it seems.
also im not sure what that math helps with your point. it doesent seem to explain anything about how armor removal is actually a huge damage multiplier.

I mean you wanted the math, I gave it to you... I'm sorry reality doesn't bend to your perception of the game, my bad for not carefully tending to your imagination.

I am one of the goons who asked for sortie help (first post on this thread) and was easily able to beat it once I got some good tips from this thread. I also don't understand why 4 corpro is the solution since

warframe wiki posted:

Augmented Enemy Armor Enemies have improved armor.
Mod TT 20px Corrosive Projection's effects are halved.
but I guess you did it anyways and good on ya for doing it with 'all kinds of stupid limitations'

Tylana posted:

My only very weak argument to this is that some people might want weak other effects instead of that 5% armor reduction, but that's an extremely tepid argument that I'm not really willing to die on a hill for, I'll definitely concede this point.

Guilty fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 30, 2020

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

gnoma posted:

Anecdotally, Enemy Radar has the side effect of making enemy pathfinding activate from farther away. Which can increase killing efficiency cause of the enemies running into your gun range faster. It's also good for always knowing where the biggest clump of enemies you need to kill is.

Aura Tiers, imo:

S: none
A: none
B: Corrosive Projection, Enemy Radar | (always kind of good)
C: Sprint Boost, Energy Siphon | (always kind of ok)
D: Aerodynamic, Power Donation, Loot Detector, Speed Holster, Swift Momentum | (good but niche)
F: whatever other stuff pubbies like to use

Growing Power?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Guilty posted:

I mean you wanted the math, I gave it to you... I'm sorry reality doesn't bend to your perception of the game, my bad for not carefully tending to your imagination.

sorry if i wasnt more specific. i was hoping someone who knew what they were talking about would answer, you didnt need to just go and copy paste some random math from the wiki for me, i could have done the same.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Relying on two different statuses operating at peak effectiveness isn't something that works if you're killing with your frame's powers or using a weapon that applies fewer than 11 status effects per target (assuming perfect rolls of a fire status first for maximum debuffing time followed by ten corrosive statuses). And because armor in Warframe reduces damage exponentially (halved every 200 points), there's a considerable difference between 97% and 92% armor reduction - every percent closer to 100 has a greater effect on actual damage than the percents that came before it.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
"We're having a hard time killing this armored thing!"
"Use the thing that reduces armor"
"But my Steel Charge!"

DE may have nerfed the mod, but they'll never nerf this argument. :allears:

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Guilty posted:

4 corpro is probably the only way to reach extreme end game content, but at that point you're battling with your switch being on for 8 hours and whether or not you're going to get banned for the extreme amount of rewards anyways (another incredibly dumb thing no one ever talks about)

91.8% vs 97.2% armor reduced obscures the actual damage needed. If you flip to 8.2% armor left vs 2.8% armor left, it's easier to see you need 3x damage to kill something with 1x CorPro vs 4x CorPro.

If that 8.2% is still a very large number or reduction, as it used to be, then it's very significant.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Excalibur blind works well, you get the stealth damage multiplier on demolysts even if they keep running towards the objective

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
apparently you can throw demolists around with banshees 1. looked fun. except that one time they accidentally throw the demolist right next to the target.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Guilty posted:

I was using a gas ignis wraith, for some reason they started squatting and holding still only occasionally taking a few steps to squat again.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I assume thats some form of knockdown resistance.

To add to the corpro discussion, because it definitely needs to be added to after years and years of this same conversation, I did that sortie in my ash like i said previously, with mr 10, 11, and 14 pubbies. I'm currently using the sprint speed aura lol

I think there's this middle ground point where corpro is unquestionably the best against anything that might be giving one trouble, and then eventually you outgrow that because you've slapped so much forma in everything that the term warcrime starts to look to you for a more clear definition of itself. P sure the math says corpro is the best always even after its nerf and i'm always willing to accommodate, the vast majority of my frames still have it on by default and get forma'd for it, but there's just so many options for dealing with any given problem that it ultimately doesn't matter for most of us.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

gaj70 posted:

Growing Power?

Growing Power.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

Guilty posted:

Heat has a ramp up on reducing armor and corrosive is rarely used, and more rarely max proc'd. Also corpro should be compared to other auras, not weapon procs.

To compare Steel Rush vs. Corrosive Projection it's probably best to see how good each is at different #s of auras and different modding levels.

Let's take 500 as our base melee damage and then fight a level 32 Hyekka Master (600 armor), 53 Eviscerator (1200 armor), and a level 100 Heavy Gunner (6400 armor) with each aura equipped.

We'll compare Pressure Point vs. Primed Pressure Point:
PP: Pressure Point (1.2 mod bonus)
PP+: Primed Pressure Point (1.65 mod bonus)

Aura:
Steel Rush: 0.6 bonus per aura
Corrosive Projection: -18% armor per aura

So the damage formula will be:
((500+(500*Mod Bonus)+(500*Steel Rush))*(1-(Armor*(1-Corrosive Projection))/(300+(Armor*(1-Corrosive Projection)))

at 600 armor, with 1 aura, our damage is:
code:
PP: 	466 dmg with SR vs. 416 dmg with CorPro
PP+: 	541 dmg with SR vs. 501 dmg with CorPro
at 1200 armor our damage is:
code:
PP:	280 SR vs. 257 CorPro
PP+: 	325 SR vs. 309 CorPro
at 6400 armor our damage is:
code:
PP: 	62 SR vs. 59 CorPro
PP+: 	72 SR vs. 71 CorPro
So Steel Rush is actually a bit better if you're solo. A bit of a surprise, but it doesn't beat CorPro by very much.

Now let's jump to 4 auras:

600 armor
code:
PP:	766 vs. 705
PP+: 	841 vs. 849 
1200 armor
code:
PP: 	460 vs. 518
PP+: 	505 vs. 625
6400 armor
code:
PP: 	102 vs. 157
PP+:	113 vs. 190
4x CorPro is still pretty good. Especially at high levels. It seems to take the lead once you start fighting level 50 fodder enemies and anytime you're using Primed Pressure Point (we can assume Condition Overload as well since it gives more damage.)

I could go over the 2x/3x ranges but using Primed Pressure Point I can boil it down to:
2x CorPro wins out vs. a level 48 Heavy Gunner or level 74 Seeker
3x CorPro wins out vs. a level 27 Heavy Gunner or level 44 Seeker.

and just for fun:

1x Steel Rush wins out up to level 100, performing ~1.5% better at higher levels and ~12% better at very low levels.
4x CorPro wins out vs. a level 16 Heavy Gunner or a level 32 seeker.

Also, since the point of auras isn't entirely based around being selfish you should also remember that CorPro boosts every damage source while Steel Rush only buffs melee. Any random player bringing CorPro not only boosts their own damage, but makes it easier for their nuke frame and 8 forma Acceltra teammates to wipe the map and win big money faster. But maybe 4 capacity is worth it.

gnoma fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 30, 2020

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

gaj70 posted:

Growing Power?

It's not bad to use (unless you have a Speedva) but it doesn't really do anything special and tends not to improve anything for your group since they won't plan on having it. Frames that like to hit certain strength breakpoints will do it using normal mods. Frames that can convert the extra strength into damage get more from Corrosive Projection, which scales more favorably.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

gnoma posted:

PP: literally just Pressure Point (1.2 mod bonus)
PP+: Pressure Point, 2x 60/60 elementals (2.4 mod bonus)
PPmax: Primed Pressure Point, Primed Fever Strike, 1x 60/60 elemental (3.9 mod bonus)

That's not how it works, +damage stacks multiplicatively with elemental damage

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Tylana posted:

Yeah most of the ones that i may theoretically want to run over corrosive projection generally have stats that are strictly way worse

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

BMan posted:

That's not how it works, +damage stacks multiplicatively with elemental damage

TY, that makes it simpler and I fixed the math (I think.)

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm playing around with naramon combo melee chicanery. I've already got weeping wounds on my reaper, should I go whole hog with blood rush? Or stick with sacrificial steel?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Corrosive Projection is indeed the single most reliable way to increase your damage output. It's therefore fine to either use it mindlessly, or use it deliberately in a group as part of a long endless mission.

However, that doesn't mean the others don't have value. Corrosive Projection even does not work against a few boss enemies, like the Exploiter and Profit Taker orbs.

Here are some sorted by their polarity, and the scenarios in which they are best used or not used:

Naramon (Dash)

Usable:

Enemy Radar is useful can be useful in longer missions, when your companion is long dead, and you have other methods to armor strip. And no room in the exilus slot. Also very good for a few rounds of Index.

Speed Holster gives a very large bonus.

Overrated by pubbies:

Energy Siphon gives a trickle, it's only useful before you have other tools like Exodia Brave or Arcane Energize or Zenurik Energizing Dash.

Shield Disruption confers a pathetic reduction in EHP.

Sprint Boost is a very weak bonus, and only useful for speed farming captures.

Vazarin (D)

Combat Discipline can stack Fury on Chroma Vex Armor. Otherwise, it's dangerous to use because it's very easy to delete yourself with it.

Aerodynamic gives a subtractive damage reduction, which when stacked with Aviator, gives a a silly high armount of damage reduction. Good for frames that are airborne for a long time, like Titania or Aegis Storm Hildryn.

Zenurik (double dash)

Brief Respite is legit strong now, thanks to Shield Gating. Especially if you can get a constant influx of energy.

Madurai (V)

Swift Momentum is pretty solid for hybrid light/heavy attack builds that get up to 12x combo and then expend it bits at a time.

Growing Power give a nice little bit of Power Strength but it's honestly kind of overrated.

Steel Charge gives 4 additional mod capacity, which is super useful and lets you fit alot more into your Umbral mod setups.

Power Donation is strong when stacked up in an organized group, or for a Speed Nova, and it also gives additional capacity like Steel Charge.