Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Yes, you need a valid US address and can only use the gift card code when buying a product (the website does not accept codes from outside your IP region otherwise).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about also having a US address set in my Microsoft account, I had one in my address book from way back.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Ship 2's back up, it looks like:
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1266543888665174016

It also looks like they've created a troubleshooting guide to help people with various download/installation errors:
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1266592018387496961

They've also acknowledged the lobby slowdown and said that they plan to fix it...on June 10th. So for now we're just gonna have to put up with it and wait.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
PSO2 Tweaker seems to have gotten rid of the lobby hitching if you don't want to wait until the 10th.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm trying my best to like this game, but it's SO loving confusing. The menus are terrible, I can't tell how the gently caress skills work, how I equip new poo poo, how I can see what to equip.

E: OK, I sort of figured it out. Skills seem to drop as discs that I can then learn. I can equip 3 weapons at a time, and switch the skills in and out on each weapon individually. I have three(?) armor slots, two 'skill ring' slots (I dont know what these are, I haven't seen one yet), and then I think three body slots which are cosmetic? There are approximately fifty gajillion vendors and I have zero clue what most of them do. I apparently got some skill points when I levelled up but I can't see where to use them.

The quests are confusing as gently caress too, there are random story quests which magically teleport me to a place and then some people do some anime and sometimes I fight someone. Or there are exploration quests which the game seems to want me to do, where I run around a zone and random events pop up, and then I fight a boss bad guy at the end.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 30, 2020

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
A lot of the vendors are introduced through client orders eventually. Skill rings are from the cafe but you have to do the first cooking quest which also requires some legwork in gathering.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Bardeh posted:

I'm trying my best to like this game, but it's SO loving confusing. The menus are terrible, I can't tell how the gently caress skills work, how I equip new poo poo, how I can see what to equip.

If you're talking about learning skills, you do that at the class counter in the lobby. If you mean equipping them, some of them are passives, others are active and you have to manually assign them to your toolbar. For example, on braver the dex up skill is a passive, katana combat is is triggered and finished by whatever button you assign it to. You can equip skills/pas under the same set of menus that you use for equipping weapons/armor units.

The UI is christawful, yeah. Can't do anything without navigating at least 2 menus.

edit: Try doing an expedition quest at the counter, then navigate over to the globe icon on your menu and go down to client orders. After starting a quest at the counter, there should be an option there to accept all relevant client orders associated with that quest. You still have to run around to all the clients to turn them in afterward (they'll have an unmissable green icon over their head) but it at least streamlines the process of getting them in the first place.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 30, 2020

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So I'm kinda figuring out everything as I go, albeit with some help from a friend who's been part of a pretty hardcore JP playing squad for a while now. At the very least I've managed to avoid loving up my MAG by minimizing waste levels and mostly figured out the general progression stuff.

One thing I don't know though is exactly how I should be building as a Bouncer, especially regarding subclassing, skill tree stuff, and generally what I should be doing if I want to focus on physical attacking with soaring blades rather than doing spellblade stuff with jet boots. It seems like a lot of my skill tree is meant for the latter, so I'm kinda just sitting on points for now.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

first thing new players should do is run through Afin's simple tutorial client orders, it's a lot of exp to start with and tells you about most of the core, most important mechanics in the game for maintaining your loadout.

next, do practice quests for the basics and the class you want to start with.

and after that i'd suggest going through the episodes' story quests, do the prereq exploration missions as needed, and try out urgent quests when they pop up (they have a normal difficulty that will ease you in, and you can just drop in without organizing a party if you want). definitely go to the cafe and learn about harvesting and skill rings as well. do cofy's client orders too as they come up since they unlock some important stuff like difficulties and extra slots for weapons and subcommands.

you can hop on dailies and weeklies and figure out the rest later, you don't have to learn everything at once.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Despite this game being kinda janky, and byzantine as hell to figure out, it is weirdly compelling. Running around the public zones and killing big baddies with a bunch of strangers is fun! And the lootsplosions are cool, especially the huge RARE ITEM that sears my eyeballs when something cool drops.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013
If people are confused about where anything is, I just found a map window that shows the names and locations of all the NPCs in an area by pressing N. Made it a lot easier to find my way around.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I'm still completely baffled by the mission pass. When you go to buy a tier with star gems, does that mean literally one tier from the gold section? Like currently tier 8 has a cool pirate costume I would like. Once I get to tier 8 (or if, since I don't have a lot of time to play), would I need 200 gems to buy all 8 tiers or can I spend only 25 to get just tier 8?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Jesus it's crazy how much of a difference skipping the launcher makes in lobby performance.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Humerus posted:

I'm still completely baffled by the mission pass. When you go to buy a tier with star gems, does that mean literally one tier from the gold section? Like currently tier 8 has a cool pirate costume I would like. Once I get to tier 8 (or if, since I don't have a lot of time to play), would I need 200 gems to buy all 8 tiers or can I spend only 25 to get just tier 8?

When you get to a tier, you get the items associated with it. Buying a tier just makes you advance a tier automatically. You just need mission pass gold in order to get the gold section of items.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

When you get to a tier, you get the items associated with it. Buying a tier just makes you advance a tier automatically. You just need mission pass gold in order to get the gold section of items.

Thanks, I wasn't clear on this either. I want those Alvida bits.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Saagonsa posted:

So wait can you buy the gold pass with gems too or do you need premium for it?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Humerus posted:

So wait can you buy the gold pass with gems too or do you need premium for it?

You can get the gold pass with either star gems (I think it's 200 sg for one season of gold?), or you get a pass with premium.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Here is my super cool robot/boy hybrid. He's not a horrific amalgamation of steel and flesh at all, he's just chill. Here he is with his pal Afin. You can see how much he enjoys Afin's company by the smile on his face.

What do I do with all the junk weapons I've picked up? Can I break them down for crafting or anything? Or just sell them to vendors? And is there a way to quickly move a bunch of stuff to/from storage? Doing it one by one is massively annoying.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 30, 2020

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Is the game downloading stuff in the background? I am having weird stutter sometimes....

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Bardeh posted:

Here is my super cool robot/boy hybrid. He's not a horrific amalgamation of steel and flesh at all, he's just chill. Here he is with his pal Afin. You can see how much he enjoys Afin's company by the smile on his face.

What do I do with all the junk weapons I've picked up? Can I break them down for crafting or anything? Or just sell them to vendors? And is there a way to quickly move a bunch of stuff to/from storage? Doing it one by one is massively annoying.

Use them for fodder to feed your Mag if they have the attribute you're looking for. Fodder for enhancing the weapons you want to use.

Bleusilences posted:

Is the game downloading stuff in the background? I am having weird stutter sometimes....

If you're using the original launcher, it's causing hitching either with itself or with GameGuard. Use PSO2Tweaker.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
If anyone still wants a referral code, mine is: 10597174

I probably shouldn't have made a CAST but I figured that by now they'd have more options for dressing your robot. Whooooooooops

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there an easy way to determine where I need to go to complete a client order like Kill X Automatas without having to google it? I'm sure I'll eventually start to memorize where these things spawn but I was hoping there was another quest log I'm not seeing that tells me where I can find the thing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Finally finished the Windows download after 2 1/2 days or near constant errors. Now I get to enjoy the random patch speed experience for probably the next 2/12 days.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

These summoner abilities

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So this game is less of a traditional MMO and more like a looter dungeon-lite explorer game with Monster Hunter-like bosses. That's the gist that I got from my two hour playthrough.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

So this game is less of a traditional MMO and more like a looter dungeon-lite explorer game with Monster Hunter-like bosses. That's the gist that I got from my two hour playthrough.

Pretty much. PSO1 was one of the design inspirations for MH, which branched out into its own direction focused on attrition and learning monster behaviors.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's really weirding me out how dolled up and dead eyed every single npc in a cutscene window looks. Please go away.

CYBEReris posted:

Pretty much. PSO1 was one of the design inspirations for MH, which branched out into its own direction focused on attrition and learning monster behaviors.

I didn't know that. Neat!

Bungie's never said but it's impossible that PSO1 wasn't a huge inspiration for Destiny, btw, and I've always appreciated that. The core design and loop and classes are almost identical, along with the top level themes (though for those, only there; Destiny's a sequel to Marathon and Halo thematically as well).

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I always hear people say that Final Fantasy XI was the first console MMO and how Phantasy Star Online wasn't "a real MMO".

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Because it's not, it's a fully 3D ARPG. Sakai and co played a shitload of Diablo 1 and figured they could do something similar.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

brand engager posted:

These summoner abilities

Marron is a special case in that you want to throw it at enemies when it's taken enough hits before it blows up and damages you.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
This game is good as hell but the inventory management is killing me.

What should I keep? What should I have on my person? Why are there a billion different currencies taking up room in my inventory?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

This game is good as hell but the inventory management is killing me.

What should I keep? What should I have on my person? Why are there a billion different currencies taking up room in my inventory?

Keep your potions/revives on you, shift+click through your other stuff and drop it all into storage to sort through later.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Say I wanted to spend some money on this game on non cosmetic stuff because I'm a robot which means I don't get to play dressup. Is there like a starter pack or anything or is it just a la carte stuff like inventory expansions.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Oh great, cause I decided to restart my computer instead of turn it off my game is now broke.

I was level 45 and I don’t know if I want to even put the effort in to fix it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

explosivo posted:

Say I wanted to spend some money on this game on non cosmetic stuff because I'm a robot which means I don't get to play dressup. Is there like a starter pack or anything or is it just a la carte stuff like inventory expansions.

Get the Sonic theme thing that's on the MS store. It basically gives a bunch of dumb costumes but it also gives inventory expansions and premium for a discount iirc.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Natural 20 posted:

Get the Sonic theme thing that's on the MS store. It basically gives a bunch of dumb costumes but it also gives inventory expansions and premium for a discount iirc.
idk about you but I'm not sure I want to invest $80 into a game I only just started playing. you can get four inventory expansions for $20, and a month of premium also for $20. that's probably all you should buy until you've played long enough to know whether you're in for the long haul

e: and if it's specifically expansions and premium you're looking for, the sonic pack only gives five expansions and one month of premium, sooo

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Ship 2 "Ur" is always the same Ship 2 right? Just fired up the US version.

edit: I obviously can't import my old JP server characters?

edit 2: Someone give me a player ID for a gift. -- used that 10597174 above

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 31, 2020

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I bought the sonic collab thing after I had already been playing and the game has uninstalled itself.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

explosivo posted:

Is there an easy way to determine where I need to go to complete a client order like Kill X Automatas without having to google it? I'm sure I'll eventually start to memorize where these things spawn but I was hoping there was another quest log I'm not seeing that tells me where I can find the thing.

Automatas show up in any field on Lilipa (desert, underground shafts, abandoned mine). The other races for each planet are Sylvants for Naverius (forest, tundra, ruins), Draconians for Amduskia (volcanic caverns, floating continent, dragon alter), Oceanids for Wopal (coast, seabed, floating facility), and Nightfallers for Harukotan (daybreak and nightfall provinces)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

brand engager posted:

I bought the sonic collab thing after I had already been playing and the game has uninstalled itself.

Lol!!