Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
So, I just downloaded the awful app for the cellphone and I hope I did this right.

Lamb sent me this amazing Hello Kitty stuff a while back and I've been a terrible person and not posted pix until now.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qEtx3t9iiMJchnGT9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

DLAO posted:

So, I just downloaded the awful app for the cellphone and I hope I did this right.

Lamb sent me this amazing Hello Kitty stuff a while back and I've been a terrible person and not posted pix until now.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qEtx3t9iiMJchnGT9

Aww.

13Pandora13 thank you for the postcard. I actually laughed out loud, because I have been on the receiving end of Cool Ranch Dorito breath.

I hope all of you mailgoons are staying safe and sane. It's crazytime here in Jersey.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Hi Mailgoons, I hope you're all doing OK. Things are kinda garbo across the world right now; I was thinking of posting this thread in the GBS "What's Hot Now" sticky to drive up participation, or maybe even in BYOB because they're p. chill, and get some new pen buddies, how does everyone feel about this? Lamb, are you on board for the spreadsheet editing that will inevitably arise?

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

13Pandora13 posted:

Hi Mailgoons, I hope you're all doing OK. Things are kinda garbo across the world right now; I was thinking of posting this thread in the GBS "What's Hot Now" sticky to drive up participation, or maybe even in BYOB because they're p. chill, and get some new pen buddies, how does everyone feel about this? Lamb, are you on board for the spreadsheet editing that will inevitably arise?

I am up for spreadsheet editing! I've been lazy with it because it really hasn't been necessary, but lord knows I need something to distract myself with.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

lamb posted:

I am up for spreadsheet editing! I've been lazy with it because it really hasn't been necessary, but lord knows I need something to distract myself with.

I'm going microwave some leftovers for dinner to allow for additional time for west coasters to input any "no don't" thoughts but after I'll post in GBS (if there's no solid objections).

This thread did start in GBS and moved to CC back like, 3ish? years ago so hopefully the increased visibility will bring in some new pals. :3:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

13Pandora13 posted:

It got me interested!

Pershing
PO Box 247
Hixson TN 37343

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

13Pandora13 posted:

I was in on this years ago and so glad to see it’s still happening!

Zoesdare
3502 E El Moro
Mesa AZ 85204

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I have updated the list! I removed anyone who hasn't posted in the last year or so. If you're a lurker and want to be added back, just let me know!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
changed my mind!! sorry goonz

Dixville fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 20, 2020

frontyardninja
Nov 5, 2005

Got a postcard from Zoesdare the other day. So blue and indeed very early 00s.

I'm waiting on a USPS delivery for more stamps. There is an abundance of stickers in my home.

Peeches
May 25, 2018

sounds interesting. is this still active?

Peeches fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 20, 2020

Peeches
May 25, 2018

Peeches posted:

sounds interesting. is this still active?

Ms. Peach PO Box 8502 Grand Rapids MI 49518

Peeches fucked around with this message at 12:45 on May 22, 2020

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Mailing some stuff today...is it cool to send something like a small book? I need to clean out my bookshelf and I'd like to send gifts at the same time.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Pershing posted:

Mailing some stuff today...is it cool to send something like a small book? I need to clean out my bookshelf and I'd like to send gifts at the same time.

I don't see why not!

Peeches
May 25, 2018

Pershing posted:

Oh great idea!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I got goonmail from Lamb today! :)

Peeches
May 25, 2018

13Pandora13 posted:

Me too!
Made my day

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

13Pandora13 posted:

Peeches posted:

Me too!
Made my day

aww :3:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I got a postcard from lamb as well! Thank you so much!

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
lamb I got your postcard! It was very sweet :) I’ll return the favor when I can get my head right. I’ve been working a ton of hours and I don’t know if I’m coming or going.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Thank you for the lovely postcard, Lamb! I should send out some mail of my own some time, having recently bought a crapload of stamps and all.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I got a postcard from Zoesdare! :)

shrimpwhiskers
Jan 9, 2019

tasty
I got mail from lamb, Zoesdare and leeches! Thank you!

Peeches
May 25, 2018

shrimpwhiskers posted:

I got mail from lamb, Zoesdare and leeches! Thank you!
Peeches?

Kierena
Oct 15, 2010
Lamb- thank you SO MUCH for the postcard. Me and my husband really enjoyed the blurb on the location on the card!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Thank you Lamb for the postcard! :-)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Lamb Did your address change? I just received your Valentine's day card back and I assume the letter I sent out last week will be returned in a few months too.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Shrimpwhiskers I got your postcard too!

shrimpwhiskers
Jan 9, 2019

tasty

Peeches posted:

Peeches?

FRICK gd autocorrect I'm so sorry.

Yes, Peeches! Which just now tried to autocorrect to perches. Better than leeches at least?

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

DLAO posted:

Lamb Did your address change? I just received your Valentine's day card back and I assume the letter I sent out last week will be returned in a few months too.

Nope, I'm still the same! I'll let you know if I don't get your letter.

Shrimpwhiskers thank you for your postcard thank you!

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Hello all! 13Pandora13 pointed me in the direction of this thread and I love snail mail, sending and receiving.

My address is:

Rowan Tekampe
2035 Fiesta Drive
Unit 1
Sarasota, Florida 34231
USA

We have a mail thief on our street so if it won’t fit in the mailbox it’ll get snatched off the porch. I have cancer, Stage IV Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (I have a PMF thread in which I whine about it). I’m a mortician usually when I’m not collecting disability bc cancer, so expect dumb mortuary facts and stuff like that. I also love answering questions about dead things. I have three cats and a bearded dragon so you will probably get pictures and updates about them.

I don’t know what else to put here, so send away! Oh and expect dumb touristy Florida postcards too!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Dee I got your letter!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

lamb posted:

Dee I got your letter!

Yaaayyy!! I wonder what the heck happened with valentines day. 😒😒

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Goons! You guys are such a ray of postal sunshine. Thank you for the card 13pandora13, and for the weird pig head lady card a while back, lamb! I love all of you. If theres a new spreadsheet I'll start sending mail!

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

Pershing posted:

Heck to the YES I will shepherd all your wayward books.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

kreyla posted:

Heck to the YES I will shepherd all your wayward books.

You will be next! I'm waiting to see if the two lucky contestants randomly selected from the spreadsheet have gotten theirs yet...

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

Pershing posted:

You will be next! I'm waiting to see if the two lucky contestants randomly selected from the spreadsheet have gotten theirs yet...

Would you like some of my books in exchange? I also have far too many 😅

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

So I’m terrible at updating but thank you all for the cards and notes. 13Pandora13, Shrimpwhiskers, Lamb, you guys are helping me keep it together with your awesome mail.

New batch of cards is on the way out Monday.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
13Pandora13 I got your card! I love the dogshaming picture, it’s on my fridge. The yellow must have darkened after a because because I had no trouble reading it! I’ll be sending a stack of goonmail out soon! It’s been hard to get to the post office but if I don’t get out of my house soon I’ll go insane. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Ah, so that is where all the activity came from! I still have to reply to some letters I got half a year ago and when looking at the goonslist, I saw two things:
1) the Goonlist.htm does not work on my machine
2) drat, that is a short list.