Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
No thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you had to type two words and instead you typed a thousand

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
ok?

In other news "All of Humanity is Yuri Except for Me" has updated and the mystery is finally getting solved

https://mangadex.org/title/33132/all-of-humanity-is-yuri-except-for-me

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Get out of this thread.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

If you wish to interpret that way, that's your prerogative. Certainly not what I meant, but whatever. You do you. To me, intention is everything and if you believe differently thats just a philosophical difference; it's just the way I am. Y'all are admitting I didn't mean anything by it anyways so demanding an additional apology seems a bit egotistical to me, but again that's just my interpretation. I have apologized for it, and again, I will take responsibility for what I do, not what you (the general you) do.

if someone interprets your words in a way you did not mean that is your fault for picking the wrong words and not their fault for not reading your mind, you do not seem to understand or care about this, you only want to berate people for being offended at something you said. gently caress off

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Can we please keep it to PMs to not poo poo up the thread any further? Or is this performative in a way? Like y'all aren't even reading what I'm posting, just responding to a pseudo strawman.

And I'm not going to leave the thread just because you say so. Why should I care what you say?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Can we please keep it to PMs to not poo poo up the thread any further? Or is this performative in a way? Like y'all aren't even reading what I'm posting, just responding to a pseudo strawman.

the more you're indignant about the weird bad vibes bomb you dropped into the thread the more people will in turn be aggravated and upset, I don't know what you expected to happen

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

And I'm not going to leave the thread just because you say so. Why should I care what you say?

literally just say 'im sorry for using the word gimmick'

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Farg posted:

literally just say 'im sorry for using the word gimmick'

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not going to say "take a walk out" because y'know, pandemic, and I want goons to take care of themselves in general, but please cool off for a while, Daiquiri.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The Colonel posted:

you had to type two words and instead you typed a thousand

If that was too much just "Sorry" could've done in a pinch, really.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i wish popeye's would make a double down with their chicken sandwich. i miss double downs

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Aurora posted:

i wish popeye's would make a double down with their chicken sandwich. i miss double downs

They had double downs here in Malaysia, but they made it with spicy chicken and I'm not a fan of spicy foods, which is a problem in Southeast Asia :(

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yeah popeye's spicy chicken is pretty alright for me so i would love that

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

holy poo poo

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I can't believe they just skipped the het trans manga recs

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

holy poo poo aburako is cute

extreme forehead shine

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 31, 2020

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
ive eaten frogs but never toads

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I want to reach into my monitor and push that eye back into place.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

extreme forehead shine
That artist really likes foreheads in general im p. sure

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Space Flower posted:

extreme forehead shine

Aw that's cu-

"Rance VII"

:ohdear:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i was pretty bad in ignoring why people were upset with Daiquiri just to jump in on something else with my post yesterday and i understand entirely why people are upset with them because their words really are bad and play into a lot of homophobic and misogynistic ideas even if they didn't mean them that way. i want to apologise for my part in being lovely and dismissive yesterday. i'm sorry.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hcfadleo3U

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't remember her at all but looking at her stats she seems like a pretty bad unit

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Reading "Still Sick" - It's good.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Rody One Half posted:

I don't remember her at all but looking at her stats she seems like a pretty bad unit

convert action gives another move to someone which is a busted combo with natori

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh drat I didn't even look at the move list It's been so long. Nevermind, decent kit.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's way too real

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Nods

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Still sick, but sick said in the 90s way

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Still Sickin on fo fos, wrapped in fo vogues

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Would you say... It's 'Still Good'???

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

Would you say... It's 'Still Good'???

Absolutely.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Homora Gaykemi posted:

i was pretty bad in ignoring why people were upset with Daiquiri just to jump in on something else with my post yesterday and i understand entirely why people are upset with them because their words really are bad and play into a lot of homophobic and misogynistic ideas even if they didn't mean them that way. i want to apologise for my part in being lovely and dismissive yesterday. i'm sorry.

I'd PM you but you don't have them so.. :shrug: (BTW if you check my profile you'll see it says I'm a woman, so she pronouns are good) I'm still not clear on just how saying that this thread tends towards yuri is 'bad' and can be interpreted as homophobic or misogynistic? Same with the word gimmick. Have people been called gimmicks in the past? What does that even mean? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. :psyduck:

Speaking of Still Sick, has that been dropped because it got an english release? It's been 3 months :(

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I'd PM you but you don't have them so.. :shrug: (BTW if you check my profile you'll see it says I'm a woman, so she pronouns are good) I'm still not clear on just how saying that this thread tends towards yuri is 'bad' and can be interpreted as homophobic or misogynistic? Same with the word gimmick. Have people been called gimmicks in the past? What does that even mean? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. :psyduck:

Speaking of Still Sick, has that been dropped because it got an english release? It's been 3 months :(

oh my godddddddd

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A 'gimmick' implies something false or performative. Someone's sexuality being a 'gimmick' is therefore implying it is false or performative. People did not appreciate having things they sincerely enjoy, because of their real lived experiences, be referred to as a 'gimmick.' Saying this thread trends towards yuri isn't the problem.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and also, dig up, stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Endorph posted:

A 'gimmick' implies something false or performative. Someone's sexuality being a 'gimmick' is therefore implying it is false or performative. People did not appreciate having things they sincerely enjoy, because of their real lived experiences, be referred to as a 'gimmick.' Saying this thread trends towards yuri isn't the problem.

Ok, thank you. I have not heard that particular definition before which like I saw before is only one definition of many; all I have ever known gimmick to mean is a thing something is known for. I enjoy yuri, and I certainly never referred to it as something false or performative. That's stupid.

Also, can we -please- keep this to PMs in the future? We've shat up this thread enough as it is.

Also I've only ever been travelling sideways :v: