Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

anyone got tips for the Apprentice story fight, I'm getting a little better at it but it still kicks my rear end, feels really janky trying to dodge a bunch of rapidly respawning enemies and the boss at the same time in a clunky AIS suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can visit the salon to recolor most stuff or change your hair or accessories or whatever for free.
Some changes, like adjusting your body shape, require a realmoney payment. I guess the salon pass is an alternative for those?
Okay I put the jacket back on and went to the salon and I can't find an option to recolor the basewear. I can recolor the jacket, if I had a color pass, but there straight up isn't an option for the basewear.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Zereth posted:

Okay I put the jacket back on and went to the salon and I can't find an option to recolor the basewear. I can recolor the jacket, if I had a color pass, but there straight up isn't an option for the basewear.

One of the vendors in the plaza sells the starting basewear. They should have the other colors.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Basewear is locked to the colour of the ticket you used to get it, you can't recolour those.

Kild posted:

One of the vendors in the plaza sells the starting basewear. They should have the other colors.

Basewear as in the part of the layered clothes system, not the default stuff.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

CYBEReris posted:

anyone got tips for the Apprentice story fight, I'm getting a little better at it but it still kicks my rear end, feels really janky trying to dodge a bunch of rapidly respawning enemies and the boss at the same time in a clunky AIS suit

That story mission is actually just messed up right now, because it was balanced around players being level 80, which isn't possible yet in NA. The best way to beat her right now is to fly in the air and fire missiles at her, with the occasional sword lunge when you see an opening.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Kild posted:

No they don't, I'm a robot.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Basewear is locked to the colour of the ticket you used to get it, you can't recolour those.
It's not a ticket, it's the female robot basewear. You're telling me there's no way to recolor this, ever?

also if I want to recolor the robot parts I apparently need a color change pass, which you get by trading at the Swap Shop for fourteen real money scratch ticket items :staredog:

EDIT: like you can probably get it at a not insane price if you just buy the cheapest scratch ticekt items you can find on the auction house but somebody or somebodies paid a total of $14 for every color change pass that isn't given out in the mission pass or something like that :stonk:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Zereth posted:

It's not a ticket, it's the female robot basewear. You're telling me there's no way to recolor this, ever?

also if I want to recolor the robot parts I apparently need a color change pass, which you get by trading at the Swap Shop for fourteen real money scratch ticket items :staredog:

Oh, no I get what you mean now. Yeah you need a colour pass for that (and it'll affect your robot parts). Does the NA Swap Shop let you trade a Rappy Suit for one? That was always the easiest way in JP, other than the occasional campaign giving them out.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh, no I get what you mean now. Yeah you need a colour pass for that (and it'll affect your robot parts). Does the NA Swap Shop let you trade a Rappy Suit for one? That was always the easiest way in JP, other than the occasional campaign giving them out.
no, there was only one entry for it, for 14 AC scratch ticket items

And this is different from the issue of "I do not like the colors on the default CAST basewear, which you can't recolor, which means this cute jacket I bought is useless to me", but I couldn't tell because I couldn't even TRY to recolor things without a pass in my inventory and then discover that it doesn't affect the basewear

and the preview in the player shop didn't show what it'd actually look like when I equipped it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Okay..Alright I think I follow now, sorry. Assuming I am - the default basewear (for each race) isn't recolourable at all and you'll have to find one on the market you're happy with. Sorry for the confusion there.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

Okay..Alright I think I follow now, sorry. Assuming I am - the default basewear (for each race) isn't recolourable at all and you'll have to find one on the market you're happy with. Sorry for the confusion there.
that's really lame becuase I like the still kidna robot-y look for it but I want it to like, match my head and stuff

EDIT: also I guess a PSA: it's Kinda Hard to recolor robot parts later on so be real sure you like your color scehme when you're making a CAST before you finish

Zereth fucked around with this message at 12:15 on May 31, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

This needs to be in the OP. It's a huge help for new players since running around the laggy hell of the lobby/shop area to check quests for your mission sucks.

They plan to fix lobby lag, but in the mean time you should probably just use the alternative launcher. Like, you should probably run it anyways. Apparently it's existed forever for the JP version so I can't imagine there's any risk associated in using it?

It seems to have fixed the lag for me, and claims to fix some other issues people have been having with installation problems. It also let me launch the game at my native res and adjust the UI scale.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Well the game now shows up in the Xbox app. Didn't expect it to, but now it does with a wopping 1.8/5 score from 895 reviews.
As you all expect, the way this game either refuses to work or uninstalls itself after working fine has tipped the scales to massively negative feedback.

Ship 3 is starting to feel fairly empty, but I'm also playing on off hours usually.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Using the tweaker launcher changed my lobbies from 1 second freezes every 10 seconds (effectively unplayable, anyone who perseveres with that poo poo is way more patient than me) to completely smooth with zero issues whatsoever. If that workaround wasn't there I would have uninstalled the game already.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Also while I'm complaining what the HELL is with the incredibly disjointed chopped up plot?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Zereth posted:

Also while I'm complaining what the HELL is with the incredibly disjointed chopped up plot?

Originally the story was done through things called Matter Boards. You'd run out into fields to find little events and also fill out random requirements to go down the story path. It was more integrated into the game but was apparently grindy as balls and everyone hated it so they eventually just completely axed it for the current layout where story is just given to you and you get the random unique missions every so often. This does make the story feel pretty chopped up and a bit weirdly paced since you just kind of end up watching like 20 cutscenes for every one actual mission yeah. It gets a little better once you get out of early Episode 1 since a lot of the early stuff is just "hey I see your exploring Forest/Cave/Etc here's some new NPC and a bite of some random plot of the day", once you get past that the plot starts to get more unified with stuff.

That said it's still a bullshit anime plot so try not to take it too seriously.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I have a question about Fi/Hu. I'm using this guide:
Fi/Hu
I'm only level 35 Fighter and maybe 20 Hunter. However, I don't really care for twin daggers and infrequently use knuckles. Am I really limiting myself if I only use double sabers and invest the skill points from the Knuckles/twin daggers skills into the strike up skill instead?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I don't know why you wouldn't care for twin daggers, you can pretty much go bouncer mode and ladder combo up into the sky.

From a guide I watched, daggers are better on bosses and double saber is better for little guys/hoards. While you're probably fine sticking to the doublesabers in most situations, I don't think trading the points from the weapon skills for some extra striking is worth it since there's no free respecing. Plus later down the line the level cap will go up and I think the new points you get will go into those striking up skills anyways.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

I don't know why you wouldn't care for twin daggers, you can pretty much go bouncer mode and ladder combo up into the sky.

From a guide I watched, daggers are better on bosses and double saber is better for little guys/hoards. While you're probably fine sticking to the doublesabers in most situations, I don't think trading the points from the weapon skills for some extra striking is worth it since there's no free respecing. Plus later down the line the level cap will go up and I think the new points you get will go into those striking up skills anyways.

Maybe I just need to experiment more because from what I've done double sabers seem to do more damage faster than daggers, even to bosses. One on one I've kind of been using knuckles but with double sabers I feel like I can use those big area moves and hit a ton of targets on a boss as opposed to hitting one spot. I suppose it's probably a problem of getting the right photon arts too, because with knuckles I only have one that hits a wide area (it's a figure 8 maneuver) and double saber I have a ton. I actually just found some pretty decent daggers for the first time too so I'll just play around with them.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Andrigaar posted:

Well the game now shows up in the Xbox app. Didn't expect it to, but now it does with a wopping 1.8/5 score from 895 reviews.
As you all expect, the way this game either refuses to work or uninstalls itself after working fine has tipped the scales to massively negative feedback.

Ship 3 is starting to feel fairly empty, but I'm also playing on off hours usually.

Guess they shoulda done a pc beta afterall. Its been getting bombed on the microsoft store since day one over installation issues/lobby lag.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Heads up the dlc purchases don't work like the rest of the microsoft store stuff I've played. I have a real old hotmail account that I use as my store account, and another account that I sign in with on forza and stuff. The sonic stuff is tied to whatever account you use for the store, so I've got to start over again logged into pso2 with my store account.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Humerus posted:

I have a question about Fi/Hu. I'm using this guide:
Fi/Hu
I'm only level 35 Fighter and maybe 20 Hunter. However, I don't really care for twin daggers and infrequently use knuckles. Am I really limiting myself if I only use double sabers and invest the skill points from the Knuckles/twin daggers skills into the strike up skill instead?

Using only dsaber is possible, it has good PAs for both multi and single target, but you won't be as effective against single targets as someone using daggers or knux

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Humerus posted:

Maybe I just need to experiment more because from what I've done double sabers seem to do more damage faster than daggers, even to bosses. One on one I've kind of been using knuckles but with double sabers I feel like I can use those big area moves and hit a ton of targets on a boss as opposed to hitting one spot. I suppose it's probably a problem of getting the right photon arts too, because with knuckles I only have one that hits a wide area (it's a figure 8 maneuver) and double saber I have a ton. I actually just found some pretty decent daggers for the first time too so I'll just play around with them.

Yeah, I think the right PAs can make the difference. Dagger can be kinda annoying because it's lack of reach, but there's an art or two that act as homing attacks which are really good for getting in. The weapon move seems really handy for staying in the air and just getting general air mobility if you've invested the point into the dagger specific thing.

There's also a ring you can get that will cause daggers to home in a bit when you're locked on a target.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, I think the right PAs can make the difference. Dagger can be kinda annoying because it's lack of reach, but there's an art or two that act as homing attacks which are really good for getting in. The weapon move seems really handy for staying in the air and just getting general air mobility if you've invested the point into the dagger specific thing.

There's also a ring you can get that will cause daggers to home in a bit when you're locked on a target.

I think what's really throwing me off is that in a lot of games (like Jedi Fallen Order, which I just played through at the start of the month) simply attacking will automatically move the character towards the target. I think double saber even does, but daggers don't seem to have any kind of movement associated with the normal attack. But I did the chrome dragon UQ this morning and managed to get a photon art that does a homing kick and another that is like a big spin. Now I just need to get used to the timing on all the moves.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

This might be really handy for some people - after setting a mission, if you go to the globe menu and click on client orders, this option becomes available, letting you grab any relevant orders for that mission.

Alternatively, when you're at an NPC, or from your client orders menu you can click this drop down and filter by region.

Wow well this dramatically improved questing. Thank you.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
so is there an NA server goon alliance yet? is there any point to it?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

so is there an NA server goon alliance yet? is there any point to it?

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/joinalliancecampaign0527

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Well. I broke launching the game by simply setting pso2launcher.exe to "run as administrator" and have to uninstall and reinstall the entire game.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Yeah, even though the tweaker fixed the lag, this game is just not for me. Uninstalled. Have fun those who enjoy it. My wait for a good new MMO continues for the - however many years since FFXIV:ARR came out - year. And if it's not an MMO but essentially Monster Hunter, why wouldn't you play MHW instead?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

PSO2 and MHW play almost nothing alike

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Imagined posted:

Yeah, even though the tweaker fixed the lag, this game is just not for me. Uninstalled. Have fun those who enjoy it. My wait for a good new MMO continues for the - however many years since FFXIV:ARR came out - year. And if it's not an MMO but essentially Monster Hunter, why wouldn't you play MHW instead?

PSO also existed when MH was a thing. The 2 games are not exclusive to each other and people have different tastes.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Imagined posted:

They're different games with extremely different combat pacing and focuses

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

They're different games with extremely different combat pacing and focuses

On paper, monster hunter seems like it would be right up my alley. In practice, I don't like that the game is focused entirely around boss fights that you need to do over and over to advance, and need to always have company to make any headway.

I mean you still have to grind poo poo out in PSO2, but It just feels unabashedly 'gamey' to me in a way thats hard to pin down and that I like a lot.

Edit: everything is so deliberate in monster hunter, sometimes I just want to drop in and gently caress up some trash mobs without needing to coordinate anything.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 31, 2020

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
I made a robot with the thickest thighs:

I also like how launcher weapons get a move where you ride your launcher around like a dingus.

fake edit: I am wearing four pairs of sunglasses irl too.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

I've updated my Modified Reshade for PSO2 to support the NA release!
https://github.com/Lemon-King/reshade-pso2-enforced-mipmaps

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Pumpkinreaper posted:

I made a robot with the thickest thighs:

I also like how launcher weapons get a move where you ride your launcher around like a dingus.

fake edit: I am wearing four pairs of sunglasses irl too.

I appreciate your catgirl knee pad.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Currently level 35ish, not really paying too much attention to MAGs or skill points but having a blast. Definitely feels the older Monster Hunter games but with better controls

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Nemo2342 posted:

I appreciate your catgirl knee pad.

Its got a bit of a trucker mudflap vibe.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lemon King posted:

I've updated my Modified Reshade for PSO2 to support the NA release!
https://github.com/Lemon-King/reshade-pso2-enforced-mipmaps

You look like a character from an early 2000s CGI kids movie.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My robot skipped leg day

I'm never taking the hats off my face or the back of my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost