Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dabir posted:

These are the same people who think Metal Gear is apolitical.

Things are only 'political' if they say things I don't agree with. I am average american male game I play bad game runescape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Things are only 'political' if they say things I don't agree with. I am average american male game I play bad game runescape.

Yeah. When they say apolitical they mean that they want the politics so keyed to them specifically it's like a fish not noticing water. Sadly this is easily disrupted by the delicate among them with massive outrages like 'features a woman' or 'features a black person.'

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah. When they say apolitical they mean that they want the politics so keyed to them specifically it's like a fish not noticing water. Sadly this is easily disrupted by the delicate among them with massive outrages like 'features a woman' or 'features a black person.'

Or 'saying trans people are humans'

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Tae posted:

There are plenty of people that don't think starship troopers and robo cop are parodies

On this same note, I knew a guy in high school who was inspired to join the Marines after watching Apocalypse Now. I gather that this is not all that uncommon.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

On this same note, I knew a guy in high school who was inspired to join the Marines after watching Apocalypse Now. I gather that this is not all that uncommon.

Sounds like he was eating crayons even before he joined.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Is there a version of the 'wow, cool robot' meme but for the USMC?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Similar to how conservatives in America like to play 'Born in the USA.'

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Hearing that two weird nerds are against police brutality is a tiny silver lining at best in these dark times, but it's still nice to hear about.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Woolie not being against police brutality would be the weirdest thing I've heard since the guy who ruined his life trying to get a dry cleaner place destroyed after they lost his pants one time.

I mean Graham Lineham level of obsessed.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Remember that time he was a huge Uber Stan..... because using Uber was the first time in his life he got consistent transportation.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

Remember that time he was a huge Uber Stan..... because using Uber was the first time in his life he got consistent transportation.

Woolie also briefly stanned Elon Musk and was momentarily stoked about Space Force, both times backing down after Musk’s entire MO and the absurdity of Space Force were explained in greater detail. It seems like he’s vaguely interested in these things but not enough to dig deeper than the surface level that has been astroturfed to poo poo be marketing (especially in Musk’s case).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie liking a thing because of very surface level thing is very Woolie, let's be honest

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't really blame someone that's not fully understood that there's no such thing as a good capitalist for buying into Musk's "progressive genius" narrative. At first it seems like it's someone pushing for clean energy and exploration, which is exciting and all, it takes some digging to learn he's a piece of poo poo and even more digging to break from the idea that we're not gonna be saved by techno-wizards.

Like, I think most goons have this idea that consuming and digesting as much media and news as we do is normal, and it's really not. You can be a good person who will side with good causes that isn't 100% up-to-date on why everything loving sucks. Even Paige I never thought was a bad person, just way too attached to her lovely friends and way too defensive when put on the spot -- I'm blocked by both her and Pat because someone here started leaking poo poo to her trying to claim I was just trying to find material so we could mock her in the old thread, so...

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Dias posted:

I don't really blame someone that's not fully understood that there's no such thing as a good capitalist for buying into Musk's "progressive genius" narrative. At first it seems like it's someone pushing for clean energy and exploration, which is exciting and all, it takes some digging to learn he's a piece of poo poo and even more digging to break from the idea that we're not gonna be saved by techno-wizards.

Like, I think most goons have this idea that consuming and digesting as much media and news as we do is normal, and it's really not. You can be a good person who will side with good causes that isn't 100% up-to-date on why everything loving sucks. Even Paige I never thought was a bad person, just way too attached to her lovely friends and way too defensive when put on the spot -- I'm blocked by both her and Pat because someone here started leaking poo poo to her trying to claim I was just trying to find material so we could mock her in the old thread, so...

This is very true, although in Musk’s case a lot of his shittiness has been gradually percolating into the mainstream consciousness in a way that probably reaches even the folks who aren’t all that plugged in.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020
Giving their kid the name of a cyborg wizard instead of a human child gave a lot of people who didn't know better second thoughts about Musk and Grimes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah Musk is stupid, my point was that cartoonishly evil company Uber got Woolie's early support because it was the first time in his life he could get cabs without racist problems. That's how hosed life is when you're black.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Not to downplay the racial angle, but cabs were pretty poo poo even outside of that. Like I've heard endless stories of cabbies trying to pull bullshit like pretending the card machine isn't working, can't make change, taking longer routes, just being general fuckheads.

Like I don't blame anyone for being in favor of uber/rideshares, particularly before common consciousness really started to lean on just how lovely they are.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1267724927685332994

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hell yes, and also his new avatar is hilarious

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Castle SuperBeast; Come for the insightful discussions on current events, stay for the completely random asides about being augmented with the Teledildonics of the future.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

hell yes, and also his new avatar is hilarious

https://twitter.com/SollidNitrogen/status/1267807368060043265?s=20

Also to give credit to the creator & because the name is great too.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

lol the little red bull missile racks are a good touch.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

lol the little red bull missile racks are a good touch.

Oh my god I didn't even notice, looking closer, the torso/chassis is supposed to be his gamer cube. You can see the mouse and keyboard.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
e: Meh, worthless post

Flubby fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 5, 2020

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Flubby posted:

e: Meh, worthless post

:justpost: coward.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Something to note about Woolie's reform list that I guess he didn't know: That 72% reduction only applies when used on a place that doesn't have any of the reforms. Most of the cities with the biggest revolts right now have some or all of them. It's the same list of reforms going around under the #8CantWait hashtag, and it's woefully inadequate. Police abolition, nothing less.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1268975004542218240

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
He's jealous Matt's on the list

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I only saw the bit of it that was quoted in Max's tweet, did Woolie make the list along with Matt?

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

I only saw the bit of it that was quoted in Max's tweet, did Woolie make the list along with Matt?

Nope, just Matt so far.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

what traitor list?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Indecisive posted:

what traitor list?

One Angry Gamer, a GG chud, posted a 'traitor' list of everybody speaking out in favor of Black Lives Matter. That they made in some cases simply a bland statement that racism is bad meant they were traitors to... something. I mean, I guess white power. I believe he finally deleted said list when people kept pointing out that like even Twitter said something so shouldn't he either poop or get off the pot.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

it really is amazing what incredibly stupid poo poo people are not only willing to say, but willing to shout at the internet and declare THIS IS ME, THIS IS WHAT I BELIEVE

no wonder TV is dead

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
The site is still up, he's just not advertising it lol

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/traitors-of-america/

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

AShamefulDisplay posted:

The site is still up, he's just not advertising it lol

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/traitors-of-america/

He just put Nintendo (BUT NOT NINTENDO JAPAN) on it. :thermidor:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

holy poo poo

crazy dude has been BUSY

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
the parenthetical editorializing down at the bottom is some particularly juicy patheticness

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

gschmidl posted:

He just put Nintendo (BUT NOT NINTENDO JAPAN) on it. :thermidor:

It's always hilarious that certain people see Japan as this bizarre apolitical wonderland who just acts as an assembly line for their waifus and ignoring things like their own protests against police brutality which coincided with our own.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Rody One Half posted:

Something to note about Woolie's reform list that I guess he didn't know: That 72% reduction only applies when used on a place that doesn't have any of the reforms. Most of the cities with the biggest revolts right now have some or all of them. It's the same list of reforms going around under the #8CantWait hashtag, and it's woefully inadequate. Police abolition, nothing less.

Yeah it's a waste of time misdirection and I was annoyed enough to hear Woolie parrot it that I had to stop listening and finish the podcast later

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Eh, being fair that’s not something you’re likely to know without being a little more involved in the police reform/abolition movement. I hope someone brought it to his attention, at any rate.