Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Thank you guys :unsmith:
Stay safe and say hi to your friends and family for me, if you can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

Goons Are Great posted:

Thank you guys :unsmith:
Stay safe and say hi to your friends and family for me, if you can

i will do my best and send your love

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

i will do my best and send your love

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

Protests?

Yup, I'm heading to the roundup later tonight to see what's up

Trying

xcheopis posted:

Protests?

Events have headed in an unchill direction in certain parts. Stay safe everyone

Stoner Sloth

i know it's a small thing in the scheme of things but today is my mum's birthday, she would have been 79. it's been four years but still miss her, she was a good egg.

usually catch up with some of her friends on this date but between moving house and social distancing so probably just going to have a quiet one today and maybe have a drink or two in her memory.

hope you are all staying safe out there and getting through all of this okay.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

i know it's a small thing in the scheme of things but today is my mum's birthday, she would have been 79. it's been four years but still miss her, she was a good egg.

usually catch up with some of her friends on this date but between moving house and social distancing so probably just going to have a quiet one today and maybe have a drink or two in her memory.

hope you are all staying safe out there and getting through all of this okay.

I'm gonna look at the bottom of an empty shot glass in her memory, friend :glomp:

"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now..."

-B.O.B.

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 30, 2020

Trying

Stoner Sloth posted:

:(: I am sorry

Stoner Sloth

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I'm gonna look at the bottom of an empty shot glass in her memory, friend :glomp:

"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now..."

-B.O.B.

thanks - gonna just think of fond memories i have of her and get a lil drunk and high I think, she was the kind of person who lived life to the fullest so she wouldn't want me to be sad about it and she did have a pretty amazing life. she was a professor emeritus of education and spent a lot of her life fighting to get people improved access to it who otherwise might not have had the chance, particularly the australian aboriginal people here who have historically been treated bloody awfully. one thing that was touching that a lot of the local elders came to her memorial to offer their condolences.

she started out with nothing too - she was a child of refugees here (her father was Jewish and had lived in Vienna before the war) and orphaned by the time she was 17. never really complained about things or let them get to her all that much, just tried tirelessly to make things better for everyone while still having a hell of a lot of fun herself along the way. she had a wicked sense of humor and a profound intelligence fundamentally build on empathy for other people.

miss having good natured arguments with her about everything from politics to science.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Trying

Stoner Sloth posted:

thanks - gonna just think of fond memories i have of her and get a lil drunk and high I think, she was the kind of person who lived life to the fullest so she wouldn't want me to be sad about it and she did have a pretty amazing life. she was a professor emeritus of education and spent a lot of her life fighting to get people improved access to it who otherwise might not have had the chance, particularly the australian aboriginal people here who have historically been treated bloody awfully. one thing that was touching that a lot of the local elders came to her memorial to offer their condolences.

she started out with nothing too - she was a child of refugees here (her father was Jewish and had lived in Vienna before the war) and orphaned by the time she was 17. never really complained about things or let them get to her all that much, just tried tirelessly to make things better for everyone while still having a hell of a lot of fun herself along the way. she had a wicked sense of humor and a profound intelligence fundamentally build on empathy for other people.

miss having good natured arguments with her about everything from politics to science.

A good mum.

alnilam

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Stoner Sloth

she really was, and thanks y'all :glomp:

Goons Are Gifts

:glomp:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Going out tonight on some business, everyone stay safe and wear a mask for the safety of you and everyone else.

Stoner Sloth

Kief Richards posted:

Going out tonight on some business, everyone stay safe and wear a mask for the safety of you and everyone else.

agreed, and please stay safe too Kief

biosterous

i will not wear a mask :evilbuddy:

because i'm staying inside and will have no contact with people besides my spouse

e: i made this post several days before i caught up on the news, this was just a "haha goon stay in basement" joke, and then i felt kinda like a jerk when i found out what's actually been going on :ohdear:

biosterous fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 7, 2020

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Shifty Nipples

xcheopis posted:

I'm sorry, GaG.
We need a PPE-hug smilie.

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

SLC is under curfew. cars are burning outside my work and the protests have moved up and are two blocks from where I live. hearing gunshots and yelling.

xcheopis

Goon livestream in Oakland
https://m.twitch.tv/whiskytangomedia

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Fireworks at Ferguson pd

more falafel please

forums poster

Chicago's under curfew too but they announced it with 30 minutes notice while protests were still going on downtown, with all the bridges raised and the trains/busses shut down

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

So, um, guys. "Normal" just isn't a thing anymore, I guess.

xcheopis

Nope!

Goons Are Gifts

That's definitely not something the US needed right now or ever. Stay safe friends, report in from time to time because I'm worried. :ohdear:

xcheopis

We do need it, though. Nothing else has worked.

alnilam

xcheopis posted:

We do need it, though. Nothing else has worked.

Politic chat warning :glomp:

xcheopis

:sigh:
Sorry.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm angry and tired of my indigenous body meaning I'm a target and if that's political I'll eat the loving ban.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

alnilam posted:

Politic chat warning :glomp:

*self-immolates and just stares at you*

Kief Richards posted:

I'm angry and tired of my indigenous body meaning I'm a target and if that's political I'll eat the loving ban.

i think the idea is to go to c-spam to say "gently caress the police may rioters plant crops in the ashes of their homes" and keep byob a nice place full of weed and pets and smiles. it's important to decompress and relax and take care of yourself too, and i'm really glad there's a place online i can do that

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I can't decompress.

Goons Are Gifts

Yes, that's the idea. Since politics turned worse over the past, you know, few years and posting about it in a chill manner is simply impossible, we wanted to fix it by just not doing it. I don't think we ever banned and not even sure ever probed anyone for it if it happens, as we're all on the same page about chilling and enjoying fun posts and everything together, as a big forum family.

This thread in particular was basically an exception because the topic itself isn't necessarily pure politics, although deeply connected for sure, and because it's something no one can ignore, so a small, friendly, focused way to opt-in and vent was our way to tackle it. Also to prevent having 420 virus threads around.

It's entirely cool to be mad and vent and shout into the chill void about how terrible stuff currently is, hell I did it myself just last page, we just don't want to start arguing about the political background of stuff as that will make no one happier or less stressed out.

Sorry, I didn't mean to provoke anyone to argue about politics here, I wasn't commenting on the protests and their content, but simply worried about my American byob friends now under curfew or in close proximity to dangerous situations, especially when already under stress due to the virus. I like you and want you all to stay safe. :smith:

FluffieDuckie

you're a good mod gag. whoever picked you out was pretty smart

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Stoner Sloth

FluffieDuckie posted:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

FluffieDuckie posted:

Goons Are Gifts

:blush:

It was a smart and lovely lady that was the best mod of all time and that I'd never want to disappoint and that is dearly missed in the mod forum

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

FluffieDuckie posted:

Goons Are Great posted:

:blush:

It was a smart and lovely lady that was the best mod of all time and that I'd never want to disappoint and that is dearly missed in the mod forum

:agreed:

Escape From Noise

BYOB: Senpai Noticed Me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

FluffieDuckie posted: