Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

spacetoaster posted:

Here's the knife my 10 year old fashioned from an old lawnmower blade I threw away.

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

Is your child Jesse Ventura in Predator?

You're ghostin' us, my mother's fucker. I don't care who you are back in the fam, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

spacetoaster posted:

Would you guys say it's been beneficial over the course of your life?

I used to just walk into the woods as a kid with my dog. Tell my parents essentially nothing about where I was going cause I didn't know either. Didn't smelt ore or nothing, just whacked saplings apart with sticks pretending to swordfight and chucking rocks at skunks and stuff.

Didn't learn fuckall useful *except* one time when I was maybe 10 my mom, who commuted for a while to work in the city had one of her work friends stay over with her kid to give him a weekend in nature. We had about a 1.5 acre yard, not huge or nothing, for the area, and before we're even to the edge of the lawn, we hadn't even lost sight of the house, the kid starts freaking out like we're gonna get lost 'alone' in 'the woods'. So I couldn't say exactly what it is I'd learned but by observing a person who hadn't, I'm sure glad I did.

I think I learned more growing up poor than rural. Basic survival skills when stuff is always broke but there's no money to fix it proper. Got a number off a girl by fixing her toilet in the middle of a kegger at her house in college. Chain had slipped off the lever in the tank is all. Walked in, shut the door, fixed it in two seconds, waited fifteen more so people would think I was super smart but not suspect that the problem's solution was so dead simple as to not be worth getting impressed over, and the party is saved.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

PipHelix posted:

I think I learned more growing up poor than rural. Basic survival skills when stuff is always broke but there's no money to fix it proper. Got a number off a girl by fixing her toilet in the middle of a kegger at her house in college. Chain had slipped off the lever in the tank is all. Walked in, shut the door, fixed it in two seconds, waited fifteen more so people would think I was super smart but not suspect that the problem's solution was so dead simple as to not be worth getting impressed over, and the party is saved.

drat chain slips off pretty often, doesn't it?
Ages back in college my roommates were freaking out and all but about to get a plumber when I insisted I take a looksie and thankfully that's all it was so I fixed it with no trouble. Totally looked like a genius, too. Gotta remember to give it fifteen next time so it seems like I'm really having a go at it and really build the image.

Mrs. Frogge and I were pretty quick to set up our garden as soon as our area went to lockdown. We just finished our first batch of lacto-fermented radishes from the first crop we've gotten out of the garden this season, too. Threw in some sliced garlic with it and it's really hit the spot.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

PipHelix posted:

waited fifteen more so people would think I was super smart but not suspect that the problem's solution was so dead simple as to not be worth getting impressed over, and the party is saved.

This for me, but it was with everyone else in high school (teachers included) not knowing what a SCART cable was. They all thought I was a genius TV repairwoman.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I changed the light bulb above my stove to a higher output LED. I left it on night-light mode while cooking breakfast this morning and didn't even notice.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

About to get some smoked meats for me, parents, brother and his kids. I'm thinking pulled pork sandwich for me but getting them a rack of ribs and various sides. I've wanted some bbq for a hot second now.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Yesterday, right before supper my wife and I started to smell KFC. It was really, really apparent and was wafting all over the house. We finally tracked it down to a skip the dishes order that ended up on our step instead of the neighbour's. I think I know what we're going to be having for supper tonight.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Watching the world burn :black101:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Someone won my contest so I get to put together a scary package to send to a goon. I am super pumped.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

TontoCorazon posted:

About to get some smoked meats for me, parents, brother and his kids. I'm thinking pulled pork sandwich for me but getting them a rack of ribs and various sides. I've wanted some bbq for a hot second now.

Thanks for the supper idea for tomorrow. Do you put coleslaw on yours?

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Before I had a chance to consider my words, I yelled "Aw goddammit, can'tcha show a little fuckin class!" when my bunny in his excitement for breakfast kicked over his water dish and tossed half his hay and bedding out of his box to get at his veggies, making me late for work.

I wasn't trying to be funny or weird and it's not the kind of phrasing I normally use, and even if I did I dunno why I'd apply the concept of 'showing class' to an excited varmint. So basically, losing my mind, but in a fun way. I'm turning into Eddie Valiant.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Blistex posted:

Thanks for the supper idea for tomorrow. Do you put coleslaw on yours?

No, did get slaw for my mother cause she's crazy for cole slaw. Them ribs and pork belly was so effing good.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

PipHelix posted:

Before I had a chance to consider my words, I yelled "Aw goddammit, can'tcha show a little fuckin class!" when my bunny in his excitement for breakfast kicked over his water dish and tossed half his hay and bedding out of his box to get at his veggies, making me late for work.

I wasn't trying to be funny or weird and it's not the kind of phrasing I normally use, and even if I did I dunno why I'd apply the concept of 'showing class' to an excited varmint. So basically, losing my mind, but in a fun way. I'm turning into Eddie Valiant.

lol that's crazy

naem
May 29, 2011

so I’ve had no alcohol in a week, and I’ve worked and gone right home with no excursions besides jogging (with a mask) exactly like we are all supposed to, and got a hankering for a 7-11 cardboard pizza and some bud lite “clamato” one of my favorite ironic alcoholic beverages. 7-11 has a delivery app so I gave it a shot.

I just watched a guy drop my pizza into the street, panic, take the rest of my order back to his car and then peel out DRIVING OVER THE PIZZA lol

I’m not even mad, you couldn’t pay for this kind of entertainment. Poor guy, they’ll just refund my order he doesn’t have to run off

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hahaha that's seriously loving awesome

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

naem posted:

so I’ve had no alcohol in a week, and I’ve worked and gone right home with no excursions besides jogging (with a mask) exactly like we are all supposed to, and got a hankering for a 7-11 cardboard pizza and some bud lite “clamato” one of my favorite ironic alcoholic beverages. 7-11 has a delivery app so I gave it a shot.

I just watched a guy drop my pizza into the street, panic, take the rest of my order back to his car and then peel out DRIVING OVER THE PIZZA lol

I’m not even mad, you couldn’t pay for this kind of entertainment. Poor guy, they’ll just refund my order he doesn’t have to run off

First real problem was ordering a pizza from a 7-11

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

naem posted:

This. Is. Making. My. Day.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Here's a whole bunch of random garbage I have drawn over the past month:

Sometimes I Feel Like a Virtual Boy
(red ink on black paper and 9"x12" - it's hard to get this thing to look as good in a picture as it does in person)

(White ink on black paper)

the rest are all fineliner on various papers (and a little bit of acrylic marker)

Everyday Summertime Phoenix

No Good Title

This isn't the final version, I unfortunately left the final version halfway across town and can't get it until later. Complete with amigara faultline reference

And there's a jpeg of a spaceship that I'm drawing that has a city in the basement ??? Where are my star citizen dollars

And some smaller stuff:

I abandoned this because I have no idea what I'm doing with it but it still catches my eye all the time:

Stay tuned for my "Cities in Predicaments" coffee table book this Fall...

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 30, 2020

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

deep dish peat moss posted:

(red ink on black paper and 9"x12" - it's hard to get this thing to look as good in a picture as it does in person)

the rest are all fineliner on various papers (and a little bit of acrylic marker)

No Good Title

This isn't the final version, I unfortunately left the final version halfway across town and can't get it until later. Complete with amigara faultline reference

And there's a jpeg of a spaceship that I'm drawing that has a city in the basement ??? Where are my star citizen dollars

And some smaller stuff:

I abandoned this because I have no idea what I'm doing with it but it still catches my eye all the time:

Love this stuff, goon! :respek:

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Literally A Person posted:

Love this stuff, goon! :respek:

It's pretty sick.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i've been learning this little guitar song for like 2 weeks and i've almost got it at speed and kinda clean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPYT7ii7wqc

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

LethalGeek posted:

Watching the world burn :black101:

Same. Been watching news coverage of people protesting in my city for the last few hours and worrying because it was headed in my direction, but things appeared to disperse before anything really chaotic happened. Saw a few good dumpster fires though.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Just dealing with a toothache it’s so bad that I took oxys and it’s barely helping with the tooth, but I’m in a better mood I guess.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

it's bread day

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

No Good Title

And some smaller stuff:

These are loving awesome. In stark contrast I haven't opened Photoshop to do graphic design work of any sort for the better part of 6 months, and I feel even less inclined to do it now that the world is very obviously ending.

ElHuevoGrande
May 21, 2006

Oh. . .

No Good Title

And some smaller stuff:

Do you sell any of these? I need an Art.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Spent today working on my new raised gardens (I'll post a pic later).

Also weeding my regular, in the ground, garden. I bought a new hoe (my wife's face when I told her I got a new hoe, lol).

It's got kind of a U shaped end, instead of the regular flat bladed one. It is a MUCH better design. Holy cow.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

spacetoaster posted:

Spent today working on my new raised gardens (I'll post a pic later).

Also weeding my regular, in the ground, garden. I bought a new hoe (my wife's face when I told her I got a new hoe, lol).

It's got kind of a U shaped end, instead of the regular flat bladed one. It is a MUCH better design. Holy cow.

I like my hoes with curves.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

ElHuevoGrande posted:

Do you sell any of these? I need an Art.

I want to but I have just been too exhausted and overwhelmed by things to set up a shop. It's not easy for me to get to the post office right now during the pandemic to mail things. I was literally planning on starting a shop the same week that all of this started :(

If you have an instagram you can follow me here and I'll post when there's a shop open: https://www.instagram.com/bleaksploitation/

Or otherwise I'm going to be paying for prints to be made of things in the next 7 days sometime and then I will probably be more serious about starting a store and I'm sure I will post it here if I do!

naem
May 29, 2011

so I’m not drinking and it sucks

naem
May 29, 2011

just completely conscious and alone with my thoughts on purpose rn

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

naem posted:

just completely conscious and alone with my thoughts on purpose rn

Go over to my WWII letter thread and see if you can read that dudes chicken scratch.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
1030 goons in GBS rn
drat!!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Doesn't particularly seem like they are posting

?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's all in the riot thread. That's poppin'.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Many threads are also covering the same topic.

I come here to get away from the Real World and I'm struggling to find escapism.

Anyone want to share a humorous story of pants-making GBS threads? For old times sake?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Moo the cow posted:

I come here to get away from the Real World and I'm struggling to find escapism.

Anyone want to share a humorous story of pants-making GBS threads? For old times sake?

One time I heard a goon poo poo their pants.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

Moo the cow posted:

I could tell a story about a horse making GBS threads in an outhouse.

...wait, that's pretty much the whole story.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I hate the real world now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Alright, I said I would post photos of my new raised garden.

I bought a 24' section of 48" diameter corrugated steel pipe. I've cut it into 35" (in length) sections.

Here's my boy on it:

Here's one of the cut sections:

Here's one, painted, leveled, and in position:

I got the idea from watching this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHsfsZHnZvE

I've never been big on raised gardens because I've only ever seen the wooden, or concrete, ones. One likes to rot and attract termites, the other is a big hassle. When I saw that youtube guy I knew I had the answer.

My kids, and I, are now on the prowl for someone in our town to put bags of leaves/grass clippings down at the road and we'll use them to fill the things up to half way. I've got a dumptruck of top soil coming in next week that I'll use to fill them the rest of the way.