Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/HotGirlVideos69/status/1267201369238384641

Notable June Releases:

ValorAnt : (PC) --- June 2

Tour de France 2020: (PlayStation 4, Xbox One) --- June 4th

The Last of Us 2 (a.k.a. Part II): (PlayStation 4) --- June 19th

If you have any other notable new releases this month please about post them along with a screenshot and I’ll update the OP

Looper posted:

what are some good anti-cop games?

Convex posted:

Payday 2
Max Payne 3
Mirror's Edge
Half-Life 2
Manhunt
Wolfenstein: The New Order if you extrapolate a bit

also Homefront: The Revolution isn't great but you do kill a lot of cops

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i was the first to vote and i proudly voted bowsette

notable upcoming releases:
Satisfactory (Steam release) - June 8th
Journey (Steam release) - June 11th
Beyond Blue (Endless Ocean-inspired game) - June 11th
Hardspace: Shipbreaker (repair/salvage derelict spaceships) - June 16th
Desperados III - June 16th
David Cage's Trilogy of lovely Games (Steam release) - June 18th
The Outer Wilds (Steam release) - June 18th

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 1, 2020

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
https://twitter.com/nise_shi/status/1266853655774326785

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The 7th Guest posted:

i was the first to vote and i proudly voted bowsette

As you should.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i posted the (not) E3 thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925794

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

im actually going to post in this thread this time

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

cuntman.net posted:

im actually going to post in this thread this time

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

now playing

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

(theres a terrorist campaign)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0oEofpyoWs

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the police quest games are all bad

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I liked SWAT 4 but I was bad enough at it that it's basically a cop murder simulator

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The 7th Guest posted:

All sierra games are.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Asscreed Odyssey is an absolutely gorgeous game, and the world is incredible but it just feels totally empty and soulless. I dunno what I expected from this but it's been a while since I played an Ubisoft game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

disagree, 1 is fully sick except for some slightly questionable 80s drug war stuff and the Prostitute Rescue Meme. it takes place in a fantasy world where cops are actually accountable though and not following the literal included rulebook results in you immediately dying or getting fired. 2's bad though, 3's pretty good and you barely do any police brutality at all in that one but it is also a very DARE game. 4 is bad but not for the reasons people say

swat 1 is the epitome of awful FMV games. swat 3 and 4 are proto RS siege and are good rear end shooters if you divorce them from their subject matter, and swat 2 has the terrorist campaign, as mentioned

and thats my retrospective of the entire sierra police quest franchise

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

All sierra games are.
all but one of the space quests, all of the quest for glories, and maybe half of the kings quests and police quests are Incredibly Good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

even leisure suit larry 1, i will say is not That Bad

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm loving bored and looking at the sale on the Epic store, is Sunken City a good Action, Narration or Investigation game?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thinking about it further, if you wanted to call quest for glory 2 less than good i'd be okay with that. if for no other reason than how much of that game you spend navigating a maze

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Are the best games the ones where you can kill cops indiscriminately?
[ ] Yes.
[ ] Hell yeah.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

homeless snail posted:

all but one of the space quests, all of the quest for glories, and maybe half of the kings quests and police quests are Incredibly Good

Lucasarts all the way you sierrinfidel.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Spicy take incoming

Despite the gameplay, GTA as a series glorifies the police and is part of the pro cop propaganda problem that inundates American media

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

in police quest you get run over if you don't type 'look both ways' first before crossing the street, which sounds like it owns, but following the rules is actually Uncool imo

the only good sierra game is the dagger of amon ra

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

SeXReX posted:

Spicy take incoming

Despite the gameplay, GTA as a series glorifies the police and is part of the pro cop propaganda problem that inundates American media

You're going to have to expand on this

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

in police quest you get run over if you don't type 'look both ways' first before crossing the street, which sounds like it owns, but following the rules is actually Uncool imo

the only good sierra game is the dagger of amon ra
if you don't do a complete walk around inspection of your car, every single time you ever drive anywhere, you will die. just like in real life

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Serious question, why isn't Clubhouse Games 51 Worldwide Classics in the OP??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-DsOVUYxXw

I'm so hyped for it, can't wait to play it on the 5th.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Vincent posted:

Are the best games the ones where you can kill cops indiscriminately?
[ ] Yes.
[X ] Hell yeah.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i assume nintendo will shadowdrop something else in june too, even if it's just a wii/u port

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Lurdiak posted:

Lucasarts all the way you sierrinfidel.

Lucasarts was great but it was years after the Sierra games. I played all of the space quests until 5, police quest 1, dagger of amon ra, quest for glory 3/4, and I loved Sierra games because there was nothing else like them. Lucasarts came later and improved on it.

Edit: looks like hot girl 69 was wrong about the Nintendo news this weekend?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they were running simultaneously for a while, it's just that the SCI/AGI games predate Lucasarts

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

weird how nearly every adventure game that's come out in modern days evokes sierra SCI engine aesthetics and not lucasarts huh 🤔

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Except for the Star Wars games on the Super Nintendo, I've never played anything by LucasArts.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

homeless snail posted:

weird how nearly every adventure game that's come out in modern days evokes sierra SCI engine aesthetics and not lucasarts huh 🤔
that's because Adventure Game Studio by default used SCI fonts, UI and graphics. adding other interfaces such as SCUMM or verb coin required additional programming/plugins

i don't know if they use generic graphics now but originally roger wilco was the default player character/animations

but there's also sort of a 'default' inertia that happens with AGS games that's not too dissimilar with RPG Maker games. even though there's a lot of plugins for RPG Maker that add other types of battle systems, a lot of games still use the default DQ-style system. it's the same with Dreams, where a lot of high-effort projects still use the default walking/running animations where the character looks like he's always on the verge of falling over

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jun 1, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thats right, and so the lasting cultural impact of sierra games will live on forever while every so often some lucasarts guy might make a mediocre throw back

semper sierra

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

daermon posted:

Except for the Star Wars games on the Super Nintendo, I've never played anything by LucasArts.

Get the Monkey Island remakes (unless you don't want to).

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

with any creation software, if it requires going outside the software to incorporate it, you gotta actually go out and get it and install it.. when the default stuff in the software is right there...

which is why indie platformers in the late 90s were all garbage, because they used the default The Games Factory platforming engine and screen-scrolling

i mean I would probably do the same thing in their shoes, but I also have no interest in programming whatsoever, i am completely alienated by it

May 8, 2006

Someone make snail a Sierra sucks gang tag

I picked up my outer wilds save, and it's been a while since I last played. I only vaguely know what to do and while puttering around in space is still real fun I've sort of lost the drive to pick up making real progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Someone identify this font, or an equivalent, and win a prize :siren:

Found it: https://www.dafont.com/perfect-dos-vga-437.font
I reward myself with beer.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jun 1, 2020