Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Dias posted:

This is an interesting thing to stumble upon 7am on a Sunday.

So someone already pointed out what I was waiting until I caught up to point out, but some of the people involved in this project actually have a real-rear end career. Erica Awano (#4 artist) and Daniel HDR (#2 cover) are the two that come to mind. Erica drew a Brazilian manga called Holy Avenger, inspired on an RPG system called Tormenta, and it was a pretty popular national comic book. Like, she was the guest of honor on 2018's Feira Internacional de Quadrinhos (FIQ), which is the biggest comics convention in Brazil.

Daniel HDR has drawn for Marvel, DC, Image and other companies, and now also runs a studio and teaches university courses on drawing. I know this because he's a pretty frequent guest on a podcast I listen to and he seems like an all-around cool dude. He's been doing live drawings during the pandemic, like this Goku: https://twitter.com/danielhdr/status/1254147885698027520

Oh, something that kinda went unnoticed: a lot of the artists that worked on this comic were either in high school or had just finished it. The reason why each issue has a different artist is because the editor-in-chief wanted to "give new talents a chance", which kinda sounds to me like he actually wanted cheap labor.

edit: ah, the other "good artist" in these issues is a guy called Rogério Hanata, who I can't find anything on so I'm not sure if he still works in comics, BUT

I did find this 2017's Nastenka art by him:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2646716898982856&set=a.1499004507087440&type=3

If you click through to the hashtag on that Facebook post you can see what appears to be X doing a familiar pose from earlier in this comic. Phone screen was too small, seems like I was looking at the Protoman sketch? Though we do have our female lead represented and thankfully fully clothed.

Doesn't look like I can direct embed it.

I wonder if he'd be willing to speak about his involvement in the project? I may have been a bit overzealous on my critique of the art if they're pulling in folks straight out of school. Punching down is no fun.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Warbird posted:

If you click through to the hashtag on that Facebook post you can see what appears to be X doing a familiar pose from earlier in this comic. Phone screen was too small, seems like I was looking at the Protoman sketch? Though we do have our female lead represented and thankfully fully clothed.

Doesn't look like I can direct embed it.

I wonder if he'd be willing to speak about his involvement in the project? I may have been a bit overzealous on my critique of the art if they're pulling in folks straight out of school. Punching down is no fun.

The artist for #5 was in her freshman year of high school, apparently she would've been 15 at the time if my math checks out. That info is on the artist bios at the end of each issue, so I didn't do any weird stalking, haha.

I found this video (by the dude working on that MMX fangame with Nastenka, BTW) explaining the history of the series. It's got spoilers for the end of the series, but it's pretty interesting to understand the cultural context and what they were going for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYZSHaMkJ60&hd=1

Apparently they only got to do it on the condition that it would be fully unpaid for, which...explains a lot.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Light Gun Man posted:

Looks like someone is making a game with Nastenka in it, neat

https://gamejolt.com/games/gigamissionx/403820

Mods, please, namechange, thx

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I don’t know what’s more hosed-up-looking: Roll’s everyone’s noodle arms/legs or Roll’s weird plumpy bobbs.

Does Princess ever come back, or is she gone forever at this point?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

what is the utility of the nipple tubes
followup question, why don't none of the blokes also get nipple tubes

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

I. M. Gei posted:

Does Princess ever come back, or is she gone forever at this point?

She's out. Other strange elements are yet to come.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I vaguely remember this comic being described as having basically a revolving door of original character do not steal's trying to steal the spotlight before getting written out.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Miss posted:

Because that wouldn't be erotic enough and it would cause the readers from the dimension in which their universe is contained to stop following the story, and thus reality as they know would cease to exist abruptly.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Miss posted:

what is the utility of the nipple tubes

rolls also the only robot who gets human-like skin, and needs clothes to cover it, whereas the megamen apparently can't be stripped down further than a blue/white exterior shell.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Those things on her boobs?

...Sewing machine.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Extra Large Marge posted:

I'd like to keep Brazil at the heart of the comic, so the plot would involve Mega Man traveling back in time to sabotage the Wright Brothers so Alberto Santos-Dumont would have an undisputed "first in flight" claim.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 16, 2020

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I vaguely remember this comic being described as having basically a revolving door of original character do not steal's trying to steal the spotlight before getting written out.

I've been reading diagonally for the most part, but I honestly have no idea what's going on. It's like every issue is a reboot, except that this would imply that the issues are individually coherent.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

:sickos:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Incredible, the bike wheels are a nice touch :perfect:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
It was a slow day at work because LA broke.

Today, on Meggerman!

Okay, now someone else go.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Das Boo posted:

Today, on Meggerman!

Epic cross over event.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Epic cross over event.

I KNOW TYSON.
He's annoyingly pretty for such a huge dork.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Das Boo posted:

I KNOW TYSON.
He's annoyingly pretty for such a huge dork.

Some people are beautiful and talented, and some people are beautiful and make comics about Megaman wanting to have robot babies with his sister

Fantastic art by the way Das Boo

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Das Boo posted:

Today, on Meggerman!

I see that you did the male version of the camel toe, whatever the name for that is.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Elentor posted:

I see that you did the male version of the camel toe, whatever the name for that is.

Here, let me curse you with knowledge: Moose Knuckle

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

This comic has a certain kind of... wild exuberance that the writers clearly can't be bothered keeping track of exactly what's going on or pay much attention to their own script when they can draw what looks cool. It's the 90s fancomic energy again.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This comic has a certain kind of... wild exuberance that the writers clearly can't be bothered keeping track of exactly what's going on or pay much attention to their own script when they can draw what looks cool. It's the 90s fancomic energy again.

This was sort of 90s comics in general. Even Marvel at the time had returned to its artist-driven roots and had flagship books that were just a writer desperately trying to stitch a narrative into "a series of grimaces and laser blasts Rob Liefeld thought would be fun to draw". This is definitely a less competent version of that, though!

Das Boo posted:

Today, on Meggerman!

this is soooo good, i love it

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Das Boo posted:

Today, on Meggerman!

this is setting a high bar, amazing

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo, I love Roll's face :lol:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

Today, on Meggerman!

How is anyone supposed to follow this?

It's so good ;_;

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

davidspackage posted:

Holy poo poo, I love Roll's face :lol:

Roll was evil all along and she's probably the one saying 'Yes! Thanks to me...'

Or is she???

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Phlegmish posted:

Roll was evil all along and she's probably the one saying 'Yes! Thanks to me...'

Or is she???

I'm working on something, gimme a few hours.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Applewhite posted:

It's so good ;_;

I mean I was going to post some more of the source material but that’s a tough act to follow. Gawtdamn. That’s some good stuff right there.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I know Das Boo probably gets this an annoying number of times AND that I've asked this question some years past but what art program do you use, DB?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This goon comic, where each individual page is drawn by a different person, so far has much better art and is infinitely more coherent than what it's parodying

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

This goon comic, where each individual page is drawn by a different person, so far has much better art and is infinitely more coherent than what it's parodying

Yeah it's wild

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I got the impression Roll is just happy one of her horrible pervert brothers is dead.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Applewhite posted:

It's so good ;_;

Yeah I had some ideas but the thought of following it is like, no.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Let's just call this goon project complete

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Xarbala posted:

Let's just call this goon project complete

I said I’m working on something and don’t worry it’s not nearly as good as Boo’s so you don’t have to feel bashful

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I got the impression Roll is just happy one of her horrible pervert brothers is dead.

See, that's what I was thinking, but isn't the bald robot (I don't know anything about the Megaman franchise and I've never even owned a console :lofty:) the biggest pervert? And her usual response is just slapstick/moderate physical violence in typical manga/anime style, not being gleeful over her brother's death.

I'm thinking that Roll is indeed evil, but she wasn't the one that fired the shot.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Chapter 13: Usenet is down

Whoops, the water coloring one is the next issue, my bad. Good news is that our artist from a couple of chapters ago is back with that sweet sweet 90s anime art. Bad news is Protoman's sex dungeon continues on. This artist isn't going for it as hard as the last one so we have a bit more room to work with.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/GfDu5Vo[It's Roll and she's naked, but you probably already knew that]jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fg2C7Og[lots of bate-ing and a sideboob]jpg