Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Nah talking about beats or bass is fine if the beats/bass are ok.

but

If you brag about drinking/smoking weed/drugs, your song sucks. It's uniformly the worst part of most rap and country and the biggest signifier that the singer is a 19 year-old who got lucky and has nothing to share. This can be offset if the beat or construction is good enough, but being real it's almost never good enough. It can also be offset if you've actually going a thematic point to the subject like how the substances are a crutch or communicate what the drug is like (good trap music does this). Instead you could at least talk about loving. loving implies some level of effort and achievement at getting another human being to do something with you. All drug/alcohol talk does is say "I had money and time."

Famous 19 year old white, Snoop Dogg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Atticus_1354 posted:

What do you think icecream is made of? Its strawberries and cream.

No, this is strawberries and cream:

If they're labelling strawberry ice-cream "strawberries and cream", that's misleading and dumb. It's literally just strawberry ice-cream, not "strawberry and cream ice-cream".

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The only worthwhile vanilla ice cream comes from bluebell.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Captain Monkey posted:

Famous 19 year old white, Snoop Dogg.

Words are hard

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The only worthwhile vanilla ice cream comes from bluebell.

Breyer's Vanilla is still worth a drat, as long as you don't get frozen dairy dessert

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

mind the walrus posted:

Nah talking about beats or bass is fine if the beats/bass are ok.

but

If you brag about drinking/smoking weed/drugs, your song sucks. It's uniformly the worst part of most rap and country and the biggest signifier that the singer is a 19 year-old who got lucky and has nothing to share. This can be offset if the beat or construction is good enough, but being real it's almost never good enough. It can also be offset if you've actually going a thematic point to the subject like how the substances are a crutch or communicate what the drug is like (good trap music does this). Instead you could at least talk about loving. loving implies some level of effort and achievement at getting another human being to do something with you. All drug/alcohol talk does is say "I had money and time."

wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EPcGGKXM6E

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Gripweed posted:

You've seriously been passing up strawberry ice cream for years, cursing this cruel world that would refuse you strawberry ice cream, all because you didn't understand what "strawberries and cream" meant?

Massive self-own lmao

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

All y'all with your scrub tier ice creams. Gelato bitches. Ever heard of it? brrrap brrrap

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Mexican Vanilla or get the FUK OUT! Also, Mexican ice Popsicles in general.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Milk Shakes (+1 for malted) are the superior method for ingesting ice cream. :colbert:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The only thing malt belongs in is cheap liquor and the only malt liquor that belongs in me is Olde English 800.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Also late but I wish I could introduce Tiggum to the Sonic strawberry shake.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also late but I wish I could introduce Tiggum to the Sonic strawberry shake.

I have no idea what that is, but I don't actually like strawberry milkshakes in general. Best milkshake flavour is chocolate and banana.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My downstairs neighbors have a completely untrained dog that regularly bites children and fights other dogs and tbh I think that when you see this level of misbehavior, interventionist community legislation should provide to put down my downstairs neighbor.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Luxury cars all suck turds and "premium" gas can go eat a skunks butt.

"My car goes so fast that even though the speed limit only allows me to get to 1/5 of the top speed most times, I'm gonna make sure I get to that 1/5th as dangerously as possible".

Also gently caress mechanical keyboards. Y'all fuckers sound like a bunch of yalkity sax.

Defenistrator has a new favorite as of 04:53 on Jun 1, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Defenistrator posted:

gently caress mechanical keyboards.

I will never understand the mechanical keyboard meme, or why so many people buy into it

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Defenistrator posted:

Luxury cars all suck turds and "premium" gas can go eat a skunks butt.

"My car goes so fast that even though the speed limit only allows me to get to 1/5 of the top speed most times, I'm gonna make sure I get to that 1/5th as dangerously as possible".

Also gently caress mechanical keyboards. Y'all fuckers sound like a bunch of yalkity sax.

i like mechanical keyboards, i found a really cheap and very loud one in a store one day and ive been using it ever since, its very satisfying when you type at high speed and its like clackity clackity clackity

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I will never understand the mechanical keyboard meme, or why so many people buy into it
They're just nice to type on. The physical pressure required to press the keys and the actual click when you do makes it easier to type quickly and accurately.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(Ă¢Â–Â°Ă‹Â˜vĂ‹Â˜Ă¢Â–Â°)
Some people have bad taste, to put it bluntly

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's the gold plated audio cables of the gaming world.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I got one but then it got too annoying so I switched to some kind of hybrid that feels nice but isn't annoyingly loud, it is possible to have the best of both worlds

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's good when you watch a streamer that has one because it lets you get a gauge of how their micro is and compare it to your own play

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

My mechanical keyboard feels noticably better than my old membrane keyboard, but I have silent switches because I hate the loving clicking.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
haha typing machine go brrr

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

mech keyboards are probably better when youre a touch typist because the individual clicks turn into a rhythmic buzzing sort of sound

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I have a mechanical keyboard but I only use my index fingers and have to stare at my hands when I type.

If left hand leaves wasd, I can't get back without stopping what I'm doing and looking at it when playing anything.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I am a very very fast typist but I use a low-profile keyboard and it doesn't affect touch typing at all.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Pick posted:

I am a very very fast typist but I use a low-profile keyboard and it doesn't affect touch typing at all.

Same. I also very much don’t use home keys and am not in any way impeded by having a normal keyboard.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Function keys on laptops should only do their assigned keybind stuff by default. Making them do poo poo like change the volume or mute things or alter brightness should require hitting Fn or changing a setting.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pick posted:

It does when your hands are fast but you have the overall dexterity of a drunken macaw trying to find a groove in a coconut. I mean I can type on low-profiles fine but my pinky and the backspace key get real real acquainted. Mechanical keyboards are nice for giving me a tactile roadmap for my stupid, fat fingers to follow. Quiet keycaps though, because I live with other people and am not a monster.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Function keys on laptops should only do their assigned keybind stuff by default. Making them do poo poo like change the volume or mute things or alter brightness should require hitting Fn or changing a setting.
The lack of an industry standard on this is especially annoying, as you can get very used to one function and then look like a clod using someone else's equipment.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i didnt mean you could type better on them but when you type fast the sound becomes less like a series of clicks and more like a pleasing rattle

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Tiggum posted:

I have no idea what that is, but I don't actually like strawberry milkshakes in general. Best milkshake flavour is chocolate and banana.

A shameful Victorian. The correct answer is blue heaven.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Elissimpark posted:

A shameful Victorian. The correct answer is blue heaven.

A shameful Victorian. The correct answer is Opium.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

christmas boots posted:

for some reason this made me laugh like I haven't in months and I love you for it, christmas boots

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I frankly love my logi cheap rear end kb with nighttime functions like play/skip for my classical collection on itunes.

And then I drop it off the bed and it hits the calculator button located on the top right.

Proof of ownership of a proper hack is like this:

quote:

the exploit was successful - The Georgia Tech team used a six-bug exploit chain to pop the calculator app on macOS and escalate its access rights to root. They earn $70,000 USD and 7 Master of Pwn points.

There's more here but loving lol why the crap do I care my crapbox has been hacked by someone who uses the calculator app, wtf me in the morning

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-ubuntu-macos-virtualbox-fall-at-pwn2own-hacking-contest/

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Dude, people love opium. You give the average schmo a chance to have opiates and of course they're going to take them and want more of them forever.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

christmas boots posted:

A good lol to start the day.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

Tiggum posted:

They're just nice to type on. The physical pressure required to press the keys and the actual click when you do makes it easier to type quickly and accurately.

These statements aren't true, it's just a placebo effect trying to rationalize thinking a backlight keyboard that will never let anyone in your home sleep was a good buy.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

keyboards in old movies always make a lot of noise and i always thought that sounded cool and now mine does that too

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Defenistrator posted:

These statements aren't true, it's just a placebo effect trying to rationalize thinking a backlight keyboard that will never let anyone in your home sleep was a good buy.

I think you just outed yourself as a gamer there :smugmrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Defenistrator posted:

Tiggum is… right.