Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aphrodite posted:

Undertaker, Ciampa, Hager, TJP,, Breezango.
Chris Jericho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aphrodite posted:

Where's the crying Statue of Liberty?

Stan Kelly: It's a powerful symbol, you don't want to overuse it.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Couldn't see a Network thread so I'll ask here.

My mate signed up for a free trial and hasn't watched since the since the attitude era. He signed up mostly for the Undertaker doco thinking it would be a biut of a career retrospective thing rather than nearly entirely focusing on the last few years (he is still enjoying it though). He is after recommendations for other stuff to watch. Content that does a good job of telling the history and also ones that focus on the "how the sausage gets made" type content (the stories behind the storylines etc.)

He is keen for content that both fills in the gaps that he's missed since the attitude era, but also stuff from when he watched too. He saw there was a 21 part Attitude Era doc but was a little daunted with how big it was, was hoping for something a bit more concise. So far I know he's watched The Last Ride (what's available) and the Ruthless Aggression 3 (4?) parter.

Can you guys help him out with some recommendations?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

With the obvious caveat that it's WWE history (i.e, whitewashed and edited to fit their own narrative), I'd recommend he try any of the WWE 24 specials. They take a specific wrestler and showcase the 24 hours before a major event in their career, with backstage footage and interviews etc. They're easy to watch and tend to be solid and well-made documentaries.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Looten Plunder posted:

Couldn't see a Network thread so I'll ask here.

My mate signed up for a free trial and hasn't watched since the since the attitude era. He signed up mostly for the Undertaker doco thinking it would be a biut of a career retrospective thing rather than nearly entirely focusing on the last few years (he is still enjoying it though). He is after recommendations for other stuff to watch. Content that does a good job of telling the history and also ones that focus on the "how the sausage gets made" type content (the stories behind the storylines etc.)

He is keen for content that both fills in the gaps that he's missed since the attitude era, but also stuff from when he watched too. He saw there was a 21 part Attitude Era doc but was a little daunted with how big it was, was hoping for something a bit more concise. So far I know he's watched The Last Ride (what's available) and the Ruthless Aggression 3 (4?) parter.

Can you guys help him out with some recommendations?

There's an Edge documentary on there from a couple months ago that's supposed to be really good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

With the obvious caveat that it's WWE history (i.e, whitewashed and edited to fit their own narrative), I'd recommend he try any of the WWE 24 specials. They take a specific wrestler and showcase the 24 hours before a major event in their career, with backstage footage and interviews etc. They're easy to watch and tend to be solid and well-made documentaries.

They have a wwe365 thing I think too right? It's the same thing but following them for a year.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

They have a wwe365 thing I think too right? It's the same thing but following them for a year.

That sounds right, I think I might have only watched the one but that it was pretty good, unless I'm thinking of something else.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jiro posted:

Blackula would never fall for such an obvious trap. :colbert:

The Blunchblack of Blotre Blame would just hop right over it.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Strawberry Panda posted:

There's an Edge documentary on there from a couple months ago that's supposed to be really good.

Yeah I've seen that (I think that is one of the WWE 24s). It's good stuff, but it would have been cooler if they did more of a career retrospective instead of just the time since retirement

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah there are four of those. I've only seen the KO and AJ styles one, but yeah, they're the type of things i want (although "WWE My Career and not just the last year" would be ideal)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Anyone see this?

https://twitter.com/DMcIntyreWWE/status/1267561025093730308?s=20

The country's burning, the world is consumed by plague ... go to WrestleMania!

Also, laughing at the "All In Challenge"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well now I hate Drew McIntyre. That's new.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

STAC Goat posted:

Well now I hate Drew McIntyre. That's new.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Anyone see this?

Winning the WWE Title is a curse and you have to endure having Vince's hand shoved up your rear end in order to tow the company line.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You don't HAVE to. Sami Zayn is now basically the living example of that. He had a title and he did and said what he thinks is right and suffered the consequences. And it makes him continuing to say the good thing more powerful.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"All In Challenge"

They're definitely not shook. Hopefully AEW has trademarked All In as a term used in 'sports entertainment'

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Davros1 posted:

Anyone see this?

lol

quote:

One (1) night hotel stay in a standard double occupancy room (for 2 people)

So I'm paying for at least two (2) nights of my hotel stay. Better than the wrestlers get!

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 2, 2020

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

oldpainless posted:

Is raw talk the one with the guy and jbl where they mostly just insulted people who watched the show?

https://youtu.be/8uBhtn5uMYQ

It's incredible how nakedly the argument put forward by the company men is "yeah it's bad for the show and viewers but we get more money so of course we did it".

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The white supremacy stable

https://twitter.com/JaxsonRykerWWE/status/1267605081635110917?s=19

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

The white supremacy stable

Is the roster just the employee list at WWE headquarters

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Is the roster just the employee list at WWE headquarters

Sami Zayn's name crossed out

Question mark beside KO and Roman

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raw Results 6/1:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Seth Rollins "hosted" the Rey Mysterio "retirement" ceremony.
  • Aleister Black defeated Seth Rollins in a singles match. Austin Theory, Buddy Murphy and Humberto Carrillo all got involved but in the end Black got a clean win.
  • Rollins' forced Black to watch Carrillo get curbstomped, then curbstomped Black too.
  • The commentators plugged the return of Raw Talk as well as the new free tier of the WWE Network.
  • Angel Garza continues to flirt backstage with Charly Caruso. Shawn Michaels thinks Edge will win the "Greatest Wrestling Match of All Time" against Randy Orton.
  • Lana and MVP argued backstage over who is exploiting Bobby Lashley.
  • US Champion Apollo Crews handpicked Kevin Owens as his first challenger. The match ended with a DQ when Andrade attacked.
  • Apollo Crews and Kevin Owens defeated Andrade and Angel Garza in a tag match. Crews once again got a clean pin on Andrade.
  • The Viking Raiders won a game of bowling by a single pin over The Street Profits to even up 2-2 in the "Anything You Can Do, We Can Do Better" challenge.
  • Billie Kay defeated Nikki Cross in a singles match.
  • Rey Mysterio did an injury update from home. His large adult son Dominic warned Seth Rollins that he would exact "an eye for an eye".
  • R-Truth pinned Rob Gronkowski while he was being filmed being filmed for a TikTok video.
  • Nia Jax defeated Kairi Sane in a singles match. Kairi was legit hurt in this match though apparently it was a pure accident rather than Jax being to blame.
  • Edge and Orton did promos about THE GREATEST WRESTLING MATCH OF ALL TIME coming up at the next PPV.
  • Charlotte Flair defeated Asuka by count-out when Asuka was distracted by Nia Jax doing a parody of Asuka's entrance. The match was really getting good up until they ruined it.
  • Lana decided to be at ringside for MVP's match, since Lashley had only asked her not to be present at his own.
  • WWE Champion Drew McIntyre defeated MVP in a singles match. The show ended with Bobby Lashley putting Drew into a Full Nelson.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jonny Nox posted:

Sami Zayn's name crossed out

Question mark beside KO and Roman

He said employees.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, I'm glad Rey retiring was just another WWE bait and switch. Reading that last week made me sad.

I mean, I guess I'm not glad. Rey probably should retire and its not like I watch him anymore. Still, I'll be sad when there are no more Rey matches to watch.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lol all those bullshit finishes

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Raw Talk does ppv length recap package on Rollins and calls Rollins out with full entrance. Suddenly I'm reminded this entire character came from Seth being a pissbaby about Raw losing survivor series ONCE after a 3 year winstreak.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God I miss Talking Smack so loving much, this abomination of a show just makes me feel that loss more keenly.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Don't let anyone say Survivor Series doesnt matter, Seth is still pissed about it 8 months later. Brock isn't even champ anymore for him to be mad about thar.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Remember when Bryan and Renee showed Cena footage of then-fiance Nikki Bella getting the poo poo beat out of her on a segment EARLIER that show and Cena just kind of blankly watching then pushing on to promo for another subject entirely?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

- AJ Styles waddling onto set complaining about his balls hurting after getting punched on the dick, and proceeding to lay out multiple euphemisms for his nuts ("Jesus Zipper" was my favorite).
- Baron Corbin shrugging and saying,"The world needs ditch diggers" when he heard Undertaker might be retiring.
- Rhyno showing up drunk as Santa Claus and trying to seduce Becky Lynch who was concerned her mother wouldn't let her be on the show anymore.
- Alexa Bliss just FUMING whenever she appeared on the show.
- Daniel Bryan INSISTING that they were on Tout.
- Bryan telling Renee to tell Vince McMahon to gently caress off if he told her to be on Raw Talk.

God, Talking Smack was so loving great.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Can we skip to the part of this tag feud where Bianca beats all 4 of them with a shoe and tells them to stop loving around?

Why are they trying to make Ivar the next Otis with women hitting on him?

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 2, 2020

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
They done worked Big Kev into a shoot. https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/1267656906983833600?s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well Raw Talk was loving nothing. Not even a pale imitation of Talking Smack.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerusalem posted:

Well Raw Talk was loving nothing. Not even a pale imitation of Talking Smack.

It was an imitation of A Moment Of Bliss

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 2, 2020

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Gotta love when the stable evoking the rage and pain of post-Vietnam veterans toward the US government that sent them to kill and die for nothing but lies is sucking off the United States President.

gently caress off back to Impact Gunner.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Hey! No feuding between shows! It's not survivor series, the royal rumble, wrestlemania, money in the bank, or a crossbrand exhibition match yet! And it's especially not survivor series, the one time of year raw and smackdown go head to head.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Is Lashley’s finisher just a normal rear end full Nelson now?

He’s one of those guys it seems to change every time I see him so I’m never sure what it actually is. It was a spear, then it was just a stalled vertical suplex, wasn’t it the Dominator at some point? I think it’s that in the 2k19 game. At least that one is actually a cool move but I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen him do it.

Also gently caress Jaxson Ryker

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Love that he thought it was worth pissing off the non-Mark Henry members of the roster

https://twitter.com/AliWWE/status/1267659309330108417

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/samizayn/status/1267662451111321607?s=21

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

gunner about to get ethered by the entire main roster. love to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gunner gonna start a WWE Twitter civil war.

Murphy never would have done that.