Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

SeaborneClink posted:

hard to get sued when you accidentally don't turn on your mandated body cams

Also when you have qualified immunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Also when you've covered up all identifying markers as to who you are.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Also easy to get away with it when you have a president and republican endorsed police state that Democrat leadership is mum about and therefore complicit.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
DNC leadership is deep in the lab crafting the most scathing and condemning tweets about Trump yet, just watch (them continue to do nothing)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

DNC leadership is deep in the lab crafting the most scathing and condemning tweets about Trump yet, just watch (them continue to do nothing)

I think Biden's comment about maybe shooting unarmed people in the leg cannot be topped.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Well there it went we're all gonna get death squadded

:nms: but tweet embeds don't spoiler tag so don't click through unless you wanna see somebody plow through a dozen or so cops at speed

:nms:
https://twitter.com/YousefNH2/statu...ingawful.com%2F

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

hobbesmaster posted:

I think Biden's comment about maybe shooting unarmed people in the leg cannot be topped.

The first thing I thought about when he said that stupid loving poo poo was this, and whether he was just mimicking it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09-iq5AhDDo&t=33s

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/1267648454597148678?s=20

Stay safe DMV folks

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Keep your fingers in your ears and bring hearing protection from now on, that low to the ground, a Blackhawk can generate noise levels in excess of 140db. And at the height they've got a Lakota hovering, it's just as potentially damaging.

Flipping them off isn't worth permanent hearing loss.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh cool, going to get some Haditha like killings here in the US in no time. Foucault's Boomerang is a bitch lmao

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

:nms: but tweet embeds don't spoiler tag so don't click through unless you wanna see somebody plow through a dozen or so cops at speed

gently caress, they had to take out a poo poo ton of protesters too, right?

...im sure another video will show it soon enough.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Keep your fingers in your ears and bring hearing protection from now on, that low to the ground, a Blackhawk can generate noise levels in excess of 140db. And at the height they've got a Lakota hovering, it's just as potentially damaging.

Well, they tried to get away but:
https://twitter.com/allieblablah/status/1267636221406261248

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
love to see counter-insurgency tactics learned in Iraq murdering brown people for oil money applied on domestic soil against US citizens

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

shame on an IGA posted:

There's another angle from down the street behind the cops in the comments, looks like there was a solid wall of tear gas the SUV was able to use as cover. It basically popped out of the fog at the last minute which is why the cops were pretty casual and then suddenly scattered at the last second

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1267641851215036416

Still not sure I can believe this is real.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

kind of thought that was going to happen sooner or later.

Waroduce posted:

love to see counter-insurgency tactics learned in Iraq murdering brown people for oil money applied on domestic soil against US citizens

all of us are just standing between rich people and them getting richer.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Bad idea to hover a chopper over a hostile crowd. From a game theory perspective it almost seems like the plan is for one of them to get shot down. What a visual that would be over the protestors, we'd get a new patriot act times a million after that.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Great to see a "co-equal" branch of government just say 'gently caress it' and not respond to anything the executive does. It makes more sense why people don't believe in electoral politics and the only way to make actual change is to Play Ball

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Like...what? Just what? loving do something. What good is all the lobbyist cash going to do these people if the country crashes down around them from rioting and covid?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

shame on an IGA posted:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fallom posted:

Like...what? Just what? loving do something. What good is all the lobbyist cash going to do these people if the country crashes down around them from rioting and covid?

I'm distinctly reminded of the writeup from a few years back about how the fundie eschatologist party is attempting to bring about the biblical Apocalypse and Rapture

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Fallom posted:

Because if you that happens they'll still be fine.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Pryor on Fire posted:

Bad idea to hover a chopper over a hostile crowd. From a game theory perspective it almost seems like the plan is for one of them to get shot down. What a visual that would be over the protestors, we'd get a new patriot act times a million after that.

Hovering for extended periods is already a bad idea. Ask any helicopter pilot.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

SeaborneClink posted:

hard to get sued when you accidentally don't turn on your mandated body cams

Not having your body cam on during a killing should be an automatic murder conviction for the officer, at the very least.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Kazinsal posted:

I'm distinctly reminded of the writeup from a few years back about how the fundie eschatologist party is attempting to bring about the biblical Apocalypse and Rapture

Wait what

It's been a loving batshit year so far, but I swear I would have heard of this.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

We call it The Police!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm planning on going out again tomorrow (and obeying curfew) and going out this weekend (and probably not obeying curfew) and I'm real worried but I just feel like someone needs to do something. No leadership from anyone at all in the United States on either side, full fascism is happening like right now right in front of us and I really feel like none of it matters and nothing is going to change but I feel compelled to do something.

I am also in Miami and alot of people go to these things in like shorts and t-shirts and poo poo cause its hot as gently caress with fuckin nothing on them except their phone and I'm real worried that going with proper stuff is going to make me stand out real hard. like no one is going to have goggles, hard cover, long pants, backpacks or be prepared for tear gas/sprays. I feel like the protesters here are a little behind the learning curve. I don't know if I should reach out and be like hey uh read some of these resources and stuff here and maybe download one of those police scanner apps so you know what's up.

Also i'm a clean cut white boy and i look like a loving cop. i stayed right next to my friends the whole time on saturday and sunday

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

Because if you that happens they'll still be fine.

Their Wyoming bunkers may be well-appointed but at some point there'll be no one left to leave the Starbucks at the door.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

BigDave posted:

Wait what

It's been a loving batshit year so far, but I swear I would have heard of this.

year? dude where the gently caress have you been for the last 40?

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Bored As gently caress posted:

That's the law in use of deadly force in most states as far as I'm aware.

Also, several things: Zimmerman put himself in the situation in the first place. He shouldn't have been out there to begin with. What he did was racial profiling, for one, and not his business at all. Every official neighborhood watch ever has been told by police to just call the cops and never to contront anyone. By all accounts he confronted that poor kid. That's not what a "reasonable person" would do, and the fact of the matter is, he should've been charged and convicted of murder 2, or at least negligent homicide. Who even knows if Zimmerman's story of getting his rear end kicked was even true? We don't know. He could've killed the poor kid and staged his injuries to make himself look better.

There are times when some assailant (otherwise unarmed) is beating the poo poo out of someone where the bad guy need to be stopped using deadly force. Whether it's a cop or a civilian, I think if a reasonable person would also fear for their life, I think they should be legally allowed to use deadly force. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you'd agree with me that a woman being beaten by her husband or ex boyfriend should be able to legally defend herself with deadly force without worrying about getting arrested. The law does get perverted in many cases, and I have a huge problem with that. But that's a problem of enforcement, prosecution, and DAs - not with the letter of the law itself.

What's a "reasonable person" anyway? If it's like "average" then I have some bad news. I think it's fair to say that your average black person is quite understandably afraid of cops, your average white person is unreasonably afraid of black people, and your average cop is trained to be afraid of everyone, right? So all these people are afraid for their life so they use deadly force. If most people aren't "reasonable" then a jury isn't going to be either.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A reasonable frictionless sphere in a vacuum

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

shame on an IGA posted:

year? dude where the gently caress have you been for the last 40?

Missed the first 10, wasn't born until '89.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Here is a tip: rotor blades are very fragile. If you huck a good-sized rock at them or just release balloons at them they will leave.

Large flat pieces of cardboard work well to if they're doing that low a hover.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

So if I am walking around with half a dozen helium balloons a bird won’t want to fly over me?

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Hovering for extended periods is already a bad idea. Ask any helicopter pilot.

No? I don't know whoever told you that.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Never underestimate the willingness of the US Government to murder it's own citizens

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Woofer posted:

So if I am walking around with half a dozen helium balloons a bird won’t want to fly over me?

I'm thinking more of the big foil ones but really any type of FOD works.

I mean if you took say an aluminum bat and threw it up in the tail rotor or main rotor they would leave.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

Welp. Cops have been using suvs to push through lines of protestors for like 2 days now it was only a matter of time before someone got pissed and did the same thing back. This is not going to get better soon enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PeterCat posted:

No? I don't know whoever told you that.

I don't know what the height velocity curve looks like for a blackhawk but that seems likely to be in one of the "engine failure is unrecoverable" zones of it?