Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Um how is that not an 8 point try?

And then it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yeah they were just slow af actually saying it was

Lee is not having a great game

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Why is there a ground announcer?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

Maybe it came free with the fake crowd noise?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

Need to inform players when the pies are warm.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I didn't mind that. Ref blew the whistle before the play finished, turned out he was wrong. Replay.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Wow that seemed a bit soft.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is all heart

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
What the gently caress happened? I stopped watching at half time expecting Penrith to cruise to a win.

I will be so happy if Clearly lying costs them this game.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

What the gently caress happened? I stopped watching at half time expecting Penrith to cruise to a win.

I will be so happy if Clearly lying costs them this game.
Knights just keep turning up in defense and the Panthers are fading

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
You gotta give a huge wrap to the Knights.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Lolden point!

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

Lolden point!

Whoever wins, we all lose!

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
I'm pulling so hard for the knights here, they totally deserve to win. But they must be cooked by now.

But they should have lost it already, they refuse to die. Maybe they can do it?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Do they ever practice field goals at Penrith?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Do they practice 2 on 1s at the Knights?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

This is loving hilarious.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

This is loving hilarious.

Hugh Marks will be pissed Rugba League is hurting his precious news.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

"He doesn't miss."

That's literally all he's done for the last ten minutes.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Probably a fair result considering how terrible both teams were in attempting to get the field goal

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Playing with a one man bench all game, a weaker Knights team would have crumbled

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah it's a well earned point, although if they've got anyone they can put in his spot Lee needs to be hooked. Every time I saw him he was garbage.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Yeah it's a well earned point, although if they've got anyone they can put in his spot Lee needs to be hooked. Every time I saw him he was garbage.

Bradman slaughtering that 2 on 1 was the only blemish I can remember on a solid game,

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Good first half for Manly. The crowd sound effects are surprisingly good.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Never have a partner who is a Dogs supporter.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Never have a partner who is a Dogs supporter.

It's hard having a Titans fan for a partner since you have to spend all your time not kicking then while they're down (which is all of the time)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
With taste like that, no wonder she ended up with you. :smug:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

With taste like that, no wonder she ended up with you. :smug:

Just means she was desperate to find herself a winner!

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I've noticed a sound like a smoke alarm beep when the ref calls a six again "penalty". Is that being added to the telecast or is it coming through the PA at the ground?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

I've noticed a sound like a smoke alarm beep when the ref calls a six again "penalty". Is that being added to the telecast or is it coming through the PA at the ground?

I think it is the telecast. Much like the lightning sound for last tackle I heard on the nine games it seems.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Underrated positive of the rule/referee changes - much less opportunity for the serial whingers to slow down the play bitching and crying about every decision.

Overall though that was one hell of a weekend, so much faster than before and they have found a way of killing a lot of the stuff I've been frustrated about for years. How good is V'Landys going?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

iajanus posted:

Just means she was desperate to find herself a winner!

:golfclap:

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

How good is V'Landys going?

Pretty good. Looks like he's going to get funds to redevelop brooky, campbelltown, penny and maybe oki jubilee because the state government promised the now axed homebush stadium redevelopment in order to secure the gf for 20 years.

No wonder they fear him. Give him a sniff and he will smash you.

It cracks me up that manly literally had the PM as a local memeber and gently caress all happened to their stadium , yet a hard head from the Gong could gift then a shiny new stadium.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Smorgasbord posted:

Underrated positive of the rule/referee changes - much less opportunity for the serial whingers to slow down the play bitching and crying about every decision.

Overall though that was one hell of a weekend, so much faster than before and they have found a way of killing a lot of the stuff I've been frustrated about for years. How good is V'Landys going?

Melbourne storm must be hating life.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

BlindSite posted:

They were definitely shook against Canberra, but I expect a demolition job of Souths this week once Bellamy whips them into shape.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah I'm definitely tipping the storm, they don't generally stay crap for long.

Word is that Corey Thompson is about to switch from the Tigers to Titans. I guess that will simultaneously improve the average playing ability of both teams (although he has been a useful utility for us in his time)

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

As long as V'Landys gets results, I'll tolerate him. I do find him loving annoying, so he better keep delivering.

BlindSite posted:

Like always, they'll find a way to bend the rules in their favour.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Yeah I'm definitely tipping the storm, they don't generally stay crap for long.

Word is that Corey Thompson is about to switch from the Tigers to Titans. I guess that will simultaneously improve the average playing ability of both teams (although he has been a useful utility for us in his time)

He should talk to all the other players that go to the Titans. He would be wise to stay.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

He should talk to all the other players that go to the Titans. He would be wise to stay.

They get a lot of money and don't have to make a lot of tackles? Seems pretty good to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Whoops I forgot to put my tips in for Round 3 ... at least I still made the 8! :v:

As a Roosters supporter I still feel dirty about last year's GF and want to see the Raiders do well this year...and now that George Williams doesn't play for Wigan I can enjoy watching him do his thing.

I've read some commentary about the quick 6 Again call that suggests it contributes to blowouts by teams that get momentum. Anyone else feel that way? I noticed the Dogs got a bunch of them in a row but couldn't make fuckall happen, but then again that was late in the game when they were down either 16- or 22-0. It makes the game faster, but if it diminishes the perceived level of competition I don't know if it's going to be a net positive.