Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Prop Wash posted:

delete railjack

this please

"what if we had grineer tilesets but in order to access them you have to guide a clunky, buggy room around while your gunners try to shoot down a bunch of identical ships except sometimes you're interrupted by fires, hull breaches, and broken wiring, all of whom act exactly like fire because you have to spray it with a fire extinguisher, also sometimes you get to fight sentients, the most annoying enemies in the game to fight, and also sentient tilesets were ripped directly from Diablo 3 assets because we can't keep a coherent theme for the sentients to save our lives"

Like, I know, free game, but god drat did DE drop the ball with this poo poo. They could literally remove everything they've added in the past two years and they would actually have a better game for it. At least with the standard on-foot gameplay it's fun enough to where you don't notice the grind, but railjacks are annoying, rife with load times, full of bugs, and is generally a waste of time. At least you can flat-out ignore the spoiler form unless you want to do Eidolons for some ungodly reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Otoh, railjack is fun

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I like railjack, what I don't like is that pennant and quellor are RNG drops, just put them on the loving market. (Yes I know I can buy them from other players, shut up.)

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Railjack is the new archwing.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

If I could fire my weapons on the hoverboard I'd use it more often.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Prop Wash posted:

delete railjack

I'll always requote this because it's the goddamn truth

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Profit taker sucks. My game crashed twice in a row just as I finished the fight. Fix your poo poo, DE.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

First time fighting a profit taker since getting the Bramma and Ayanga. I come to find out that profit taker doesn't take damage from explosions. DE why

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I enjoy Railjack both thematically and mechanically.

I dont like the open world portions of the game though. It's bad enough to have to replay the same combination of dumb stages over and over but then to get to randomly get like 4/5 and you fail because no mone enemies are spawning is just exhausting.

And there is no end in sight for me, I need stuff for spoiler mode but the bounties suck rear end.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
the conditions for bounty bonuses in the plains of eidolon are really bad:

"capture this dude without killing anyone"

-random bird suicides on the other side of the map

BONUS FAILED WTF

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Lol those fuckin kuaka. When they escape and burrow under ground it counts as a death

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Xik posted:

I enjoy Railjack both thematically and mechanically.

I dont like the open world portions of the game though. It's bad enough to have to replay the same combination of dumb stages over and over but then to get to randomly get like 4/5 and you fail because no mone enemies are spawning is just exhausting.

And there is no end in sight for me, I need stuff for spoiler mode but the bounties suck rear end.

Luckily for you, bounties are not even the fastest source of rep!

Although I can't think of any bounties that are still screwed by enemy spawns. They fixed the excavator thing I thought maybe just lucky though.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Tylana posted:

Luckily for you, bounties are not even the fastest source of rep!

Feel free to share with the class. :)

But other than rep I still need a bunch of mods that are exclusive to bounties.

Tylana posted:

Although I can't think of any bounties that are still screwed by enemy spawns. They fixed the excavator thing I thought maybe just lucky though.

It happens with different types of missions. Anything that requires killing things within time limits seem to randomly just stop spawning sometimes.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Xik posted:

animals

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

bounties would be better if they used the entire map instead of the same 4 or 5 bases over and over

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Fish in Cetus, Gems in Fortuna are generally accepted as some of the faster, but animal conservation can be as good or faster if you prefer it. Exploiter orb can fill with with days of hand ins depending.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Railjack has grown on me. I hate there isn't more to do with it. I maxxed out my ship without actually using it.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mailer posted:

Railjack is the new archwing.

The ironic thing is that after experiencing the unparalleled parade of mediocrity that is railjack, archwing is playable. Hell, with the right 'frame setup, archwing in open world settings is fun. I'll never not enjoy raining destruction down upon the world with my Tordibi Sakk Kuva Bramma (with its lovely 26.9% toxin bonus, gently caress YOU, LICH RNG), and my freshly minted Titania Prime is proving pretty drat fun, though I hate her non-Razorwing abilities.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Xik posted:

I'm not sure if they ever fixed Cetus to work like Fortuna, but (partially because Fortuna bounties suck) animal conservation and gem turn-in was better there. Exploiter Orb dumping gems on you made it even easier. Bounties might be faster in Cetus, but getting the bonus is rare as hell due to random crap and you shouldn't count on it.

quote:

But other than rep I still need a bunch of mods that are exclusive to bounties.

If on PC, these are clan chat/discord drops. I've got tons of them. Any mod that isn't Baro (and sometimes Baro too) should be considered a dojo trip.

temple posted:

Railjack has grown on me. I hate there isn't more to do with it. I maxxed out my ship without actually using it.

Railjack just feeding into more railjack, and railjack being one mission only, is exactly what New War has to fix. Whether or not they screw it up is the question.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mailer posted:

Railjack just feeding into more railjack, and railjack being one mission only, is exactly what New War has to fix. Whether or not they screw it up is the question.

They will screw it up. Every piece of big, new content they've made recently is bad, bad, bad. Like, the base game is still amazing, but the thing that set it apart from other run and gun shooters -- wacky extra activities like fishing, skateboarding, rocket packs, Space-Shamisen Hero -- is actively working against it because they're trying and failing to make the game do things it wasn't meant to do. Railjack has one mission, repeated across many nodes. Sure, some have more crew ships, some have less, some have more fighters, some have less, and one node will sometimes spawn a sentient ship with a bonus "kill sentients" objective. But it's the same mission nonetheless, with the same busywork resource management -- that one jackass can screw up by refining materials -- with the same broken, uninspiring space gameplay.

I get they plan on expanding it, but why couldn't they have kept it under wraps, squashed the bugs, and released it later with more varied missions? Like, maybe an assassination-style mission where you fight against a Fomorian, and the railjack would have to zip around it shooting weak spots? Or a reworked Jordas Golem fight that isn't a torture for sins committed in a previous life? Or a fight against an enemy railjack-equivalent shiped commandeered by a kuva lich?

And why only Grineer? I get it, Grineer are the primary villains of Waframe, but surely they could have slapped together some bodged-together Corpus assets to have a few Corpus nodes. If it was a matter of crunch, then they should have bit the bullet and take a few more months to ensure a cleaner, more complete experience instead of making the players beta-test their poorly designed, poorly balanced, single gimmick mission.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
AND NO loving DIABLO-STYLE RNG BULLSHIT. GRIND IS NOT CONTENT, DE. GRIND IS NOT CONTENT.

You need a loving carrot to go with that stick.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
They're having trouble balancing between a content drought and releasing stuff that's going to work out well upon release. DE's tendency to keep throwing existing stuff under the bus and creating another arbitrary hurdle that just pisses of veterans while possibly locking newer players out is not working out long-term. DE really does need to get its poo poo together to make gameplay sustainable or New War will become the Last War given how many people are dropping off.

They're facing another acquisition and who knows how it'll turn out afterward with the new company.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Allow us to make Railjack the new loving Lander. Decoration options. It is now your base of operations if you want. (Optionally, you could keep them separate if you prefer, or haven't built a RJ yet)

Options for how to approach a mission - Railjack, or Lander. Use the lander, go in quiet, enemies unaware initially. Use the Railjack, Loading screen minigame where you can launch some pre-emptive orbital strikes against your target. Maybe you can spawn closer to the objective, in the smoking ruins you just punched a hole through.

Multi-stage heists. I want to hijack a ship and set it to crash into something - a station, another planet, an asteroid, etc. Hell, we've already got crashed ship tilesets.

In-mission effects for what you do with the Railjack, boarded ships could be totally decompressed, on fire, zero-g wreckage, etc.

Special alert missions for Ships to Intercept, go full Space-Pirate and chase down a much larger vessel. Take out it's engines, sabotage it's shields, etc etc etc. Some of the current RJ missions rub up against this idea, but only against static bases. Let's gently caress up some FLEETS of much larger ships flying in formation.

Lich Flagships when?

Some kind of larger, open-world space type area to putz around and do mini-missions rather than JUST the missions.

Do some kind of weird poo poo with Void/Space energy waves and let us bring out the K-Drives and surf a solar flare.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 2, 2020

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The biggest problem with RJ is the lack of synergy between the roles on the ship.
The side turrets are pointless. Scrap them and beef up archwings for defense.
The engineer kinda has synergy but instead of refining, dump extra resources to make buffs for the rj and aw.
The artillery and pilot has a lot of synergy but the artillery gun is only has 1 button. So, I'd make the arty seat be switchable between a regular turret and the dome charge. Both weapons will function the same (360 vs 180 degrees, muntions and flux vs dome charges) but not used at the same time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
side turrets are worthless, but it's always possible that npc gunners will have more success with them.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Screaming Idiot posted:

AND NO loving DIABLO-STYLE RNG BULLSHIT. GRIND IS NOT CONTENT, DE. GRIND IS NOT CONTENT.

You need a loving carrot to go with that stick.

But what if..... Warframe is all grind?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
the point of side turrets is to keep that last crew member busy so he doesent walk infront of the pilot and start being in his view because hes bored. also it maybe keeps him out of archwing so he doesent use amesha slow aura.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

McKilligan posted:

Allow us to make Railjack the new loving Lander. Decoration options. It is now your base of operations if you want. (Optionally, you could keep them separate if you prefer, or haven't built a RJ yet)

Your other stuff sounds great.

We could do this option one better though. Give us the Orbiter. Doesn't have to be much bigger than the railjacks interior because the art for these looks like they're mostly engines. But a multi tiered player house ship that you can decorate like you lander, invite people to like your lander, have some more layout customization like the dojos, and has all the reason in the world to come with immediate access to the lander and railjack at home.

Maybe make it look a little less like excal on an operating table

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wait, you can block the pilot's view? Lmao.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
some goons have used certain warframe skills to make piloting very annoying.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wait, you aren't supposed to use amesha's slow any more?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Why would you?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i mean you can. but if im using void hole then youre slowing me down since im trying to suck fighters into one spot and the slow aura makes them not get sucked in since they are slower. plus my railjack can kill the whole fleet way faster than any archwing so why arent you doing something productive like farming titanium, killing crewships, doing objectives, or dancing in front of my pilot seat trying to troll me?

Iretep fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 2, 2020

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Is it even really worth playing pilot in Railjack if you don't have a frame dancing on either side of you?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Why'd you ever use void hole now that seeker missiles actually kill poo poo in the veil.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
because i prefer it over seeker volley. and i use munitions vortex too. void hole is mainly for larger clumps so they dont go everywhere for millions of years.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Iretep posted:

some goons have used certain warframe skills to make piloting very annoying.
If holding down wisps 2 from behind the pilot is wrong i dont want to be right :colbert:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Just because you wear cat ears is not a reason to do a number two on the pilot seat.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/DigitalExtremes/status/1267588191952998401

DO NOT read the comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

This is why I don't use voice chat in games.