Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Did Ed really just honk his horn to get his daughter to come outside like some loving Uber driver instead of going to the door? The same daughter he's trying to apologize to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I wonder if every day, Ed's daughter wakes up, looks in the mirror and thinks, "thank god I got my father's nose, and my mother's neck"

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Geoffrey is the loving worst and I hope he gets slapped in his balls.

e: fuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccck yoooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu Lisaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa like, what kind of person chooses ORANGE as their power color.

ee: Surprisingly, I don't really hate Lana so much. She actually seems to be trying. Also, I want her coat so I can pretend to be a sexy astronaut!

eee: I'm eternally grateful to Lana and David for explaining the purposes of a phone.

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jun 1, 2020

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I love the color orange.

My favorite part was when Stephanie came out to her mom and the unspoken "relationship that I ruined by being a huuuuge bitch" just hung in the air.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Need to expand the top David moments to include flower stealing restaurant lady and Lana looking like she wanted to die after the proposal

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

dovetaile posted:

I love the color orange.

You absolute flaming son of a naaahhh tbh I like orange, too, but boy she wears a lot of orange.

Continued thoughts:

USMAN, STICK TO AUTO-TUNE.

I am disappointed that Varya also seems kind of terrible.

Mary, I think you should call my man Syngin.

e: Spoiler alert, but I found David and Lana's wedding picture:

(no idea what the text at the bottom is about, but this is DEFINITELY the vibe I got from him after proposing)

^ tstupid;dr: David literally speaks about Lana as if she is an object to be acquired.

ee: Robert yelling I'M TEAM DARCEY, BITCH! :same:

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jun 1, 2020

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Cyril Sneer posted:

Uggh can we just end Darcey's storyline already. She/her sister just aren't engaging at all.

Darcy hasn't had a fiance for 4 seasons now. Her sister does so no doubt we'll see more of her next season.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This was a rough episode to get through for me.

Geoffrey's a huge piece of poo poo so I hate watching his segments, and I *really* hate that it's devolved into 2 women fighting over him like a piss-poor pro wrestling storyline. None of his gang is on the reunion, right? Because it felt like over half the show this week was just following this piece of poo poo around.

Darcey is just depressing and boring.

Yolanda's story is just repetitive now, although I loved that detective and hope he's on the reunion with his "investigation".

David was the highlight between his bad hat, getting the jacket stuck in the car door, and my skin crawling every time he says "MMMMmmmmmmm" or "Baby".

Even Souja Boy and Babygirl Lisa wasn't that great for me.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

DrVenkman posted:

Darcy hasn't had a fiance for 4 seasons now. Her sister does so no doubt we'll see more of her next season.

I am guessing that's why they've dragged this segment out and had Stacy front and center the whole time with her sister. Florian is decently easy on the eyes and it sounds like they have hella drama, so that should be fun next season!

I really want to be friends with Molly and her pal, until I remember Molly attacking Luis.

Also, I agree with David that Angela's egg could loving WRECK Baby Girl Visa's egg.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Lana’s barely contained grimace after the proposal is exactly what I watch this show for. The tell-all looks like it’s going to be very juicy, so far I have avoided spoilers and I am pumped for next week!

SpitefulHammer
Dec 27, 2012
Found that episode really boring compared to the rest of the season. I also hope Darcy would stop showing up.

Funny how Steph's mom pointed out how all her relationships were toxic, can't say I'm surprised.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Was there an episode yesterday? Was it the tell all?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

ICHIBAHN posted:

Was there an episode yesterday? Was it the tell all?

Yes; no

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Did they ever say what Lana's alleged "real job" is?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

timp posted:

Yes; no

How the gently caress are they still showing 2 hour episodes? All the stories have run their course now surely. Anyway, The Other Way 2 seems fun. The loving state of Drucilla's mum.

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
Worth it to watch The Other Way on its own, or is it best to watch the regular 90 day to go with that? I don't know how the shows cross over and drat there's a lot

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

This was a rough episode to get through for me.

Geoffrey's a huge piece of poo poo so I hate watching his segments, and I *really* hate that it's devolved into 2 women fighting over him like a piss-poor pro wrestling storyline. None of his gang is on the reunion, right? Because it felt like over half the show this week was just following this piece of poo poo around.

Darcey is just depressing and boring.

Yolanda's story is just repetitive now, although I loved that detective and hope he's on the reunion with his "investigation".

David was the highlight between his bad hat, getting the jacket stuck in the car door, and my skin crawling every time he says "MMMMmmmmmmm" or "Baby".

Even Souja Boy and Babygirl Lisa wasn't that great for me.

Geoffery and his crew weren't invited to the tell-all, just like their segments weren't on pillow talk all season. And yep, the investigator/catfishing "expert" is on the tell-all, to fill the spot that THE WILLIAMS would have been in, if he was real.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

SpitefulHammer posted:

Funny how Steph's mom pointed out how all her relationships were toxic

But... MY ILLNESS

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So there's no way Lana's 28, right? That's not just me?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Knormal posted:

So there's no way Lana's 28, right? That's not just me?

I doubt it but only the PI knows for sure. If only we had access to that case file

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cory and Evelyn literally are doing a WE WERE ON A BREAK story

Also Evelyn is still the worst loving person but Corey is stealing abandoned hostel vagina shampoo so I can go either way with them

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 2, 2020

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Don't gently caress with an English person's tea Abby that's not cool

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Where are you watching pillow talk, team? Can't find it on Files or watch series

Slapdash
Mar 30, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Did Ed really just honk his horn to get his daughter to come outside like some loving Uber driver instead of going to the door? The same daughter he's trying to apologize to?

This show despite all its flaws does try to keep the privacy of the participants safe. Most of the home exteriors shot are not their real home. The home exteriors shown in pillow talk are all staged for example. My guess is they had him pull up to a completely different house and his daughter was waiting out of sight. They didn’t want to bother shooting a scene with him coming up to the door so they just had him honk.

Not that I would put it past him though.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
so uh is Lana being essentially forced into this since this show killed her career

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

baw posted:

so uh is Lana being essentially forced into this since this show killed her career

Its not like she has to actually go through with it. She's still on numerous dating sites, or at least her pictures are.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I didn't get to the end of the ep but I haven't seen the David-coat-caught-in-car segment. I hope I didn't miss it.

Stephanie sucks but you can tell her mom is definitely a big part of her anxieties. I don't want to know what she's like with the camera off but I have a relative that's similarly hyper conservative about things like safety and hitting traditional life milestones. It comes from a good place (even if really, really misguided) but I could even see my relative coming around more than Stephanie's did.

It shouldn't excuse her behavior, but I felt a lot more sympathetic to her seeing her come out to her mom. I can see how that being the TV-friendly response hanging over you would put extreme pressure on you to think, "I have to make sure this relationship is absolutely perfect before I do it" and then morph that into torpedoing it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Stephanie sucks but you can tell her mom is definitely a big part of her anxieties. I don't want to know what she's like with the camera off but I have a relative that's similarly hyper conservative about things like safety and hitting traditional life milestones. It comes from a good place (even if really, really misguided) but I could even see my relative coming around more than Stephanie's did.

It shouldn't excuse her behavior, but I felt a lot more sympathetic to her seeing her come out to her mom. I can see how that being the TV-friendly response hanging over you would put extreme pressure on you to think, "I have to make sure this relationship is absolutely perfect before I do it" and then morph that into torpedoing it.

My coworker (who is Czech) found this segment really annoying because she thinks the Czech Republic is extremely not conservative. (Actually, what she said was that they must be ethnically Polish and Catholic, and therefore more uptight than other Czechs.) I couldn't say myself, but she was adamant.

e: I honestly expected her to be a lot shittier about it than she was, although her reaction wasn't great.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

My coworker (who is Czech) found this segment really annoying because she thinks the Czech Republic is extremely not conservative. (Actually, what she said was that they must be ethnically Polish and Catholic, and therefore more uptight than other Czechs.) I couldn't say myself, but she was adamant.

Don't doxx me. This probably reflects why I identified with that scene.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Darcey's last last scene had the air of an after credits scene in a movie setting up a sequel.
"Maybe I should try dating older guys"

David's P.I is too good for him.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Tim what the hell are you thinking going to visit your brother the day his wife comes home from the hospital?! At least wear a mask you idiot!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Internet Wizard posted:

Tim what the hell are you thinking going to visit your brother the day his wife comes home from the hospital?! At least wear a mask you idiot!

He does not strike me as a particularly intelligent human being

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

He does not strike me as a particularly intelligent human being

Hey now, he learned how to gold plate off the youtube.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Queer Eye is back on netflix now and I would like to posit that it is the alchemical opposite to these shows.

Any others confirm/deny

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
I heard Ed got kicked off

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Kicked off what

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
The show

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He's apparently been accused of grooming and sexual assault among other creepy sliding into DM-esque behavior

Which is not surprisingly given that's basically what he was doing on the show

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Apparently this is $2500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Salty Josh posted:

I heard Ed got kicked off

Well, his season ended. So not technically kicked off.