Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

not the first time Jaxson Ryker had a lovely take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
more like chad fail

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/malcolmvelli/status/1267805950423060482?s=21

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I wonder if Heidi Lovelace wants to go back to her old name

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

spongeh posted:

the governors, mayors, and attorney generals in minneapolis, LA, and NYC, are all democrats. the city responses to this are not a republican caused issue. do not pretend that voting for the democrats running this november will change most of this.

As serious as the situation is right now I do get a laugh out of imagining Joe Biden watching it all unfold and adamantly believing he can fix it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm lolling at the idea of Joe being lucid enough to know what's going on

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm lolling at the idea of Joe being lucid enough to know what's going on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkjTsa6Y4eM

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

spongeh posted:

the governors, mayors, and attorney generals in minneapolis, LA, and NYC, are all democrats. the city responses to this are not a republican caused issue. do not pretend that voting for the democrats running this november will change most of this.

:agreed: completely

sportsgenius86 posted:

Of course his real name's Chad

Surprised Mojo's still employed as of this hour

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Do you think it's just sinking in for Jaxson Ryker that he'd managed to anger and disgust a group of people who pick him up and throw him to the ground for a living?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The Lucha Shoot Party will take care of him as well.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Incessant Excess posted:

Sin Cara would've already dealt with him if he was still there.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Do you think it's just sinking in for Jaxson Ryker that he'd managed to anger and disgust a group of people who pick him up and throw him to the ground for a living?

Isn't he usually on the outside doing nothing?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Strawberry Panda posted:

As serious as the situation is right now I do get a laugh out of imagining Joe Biden watching it all unfold and adamantly believing he can fix it.

Not even John Cena could overcome those odds.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sandman McMahon posted:

Not even John Cena could overcome those odds.

Cena seems genuinely decent, I like to think he wouldn't operate with the hubris we often see in US politics. Or conversely, he'd stay out of politics period.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Lars still hasn't recovered from the number they did to him

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Cena seems genuinely decent, I like to think he wouldn't operate with the hubris we often see in US politics. Or conversely, he'd stay out of politics period.

having to do politics would break john's brain. he's pretty happy being a mythical figure, like sasquatch, or lucid joe biden

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Expecting the real life heat to get turned into a mediocre tag match on raw that ends in a DQ two weeks in a row before The Forgotten Sons win

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Chris James 2 posted:

Lars still hasn't recovered from the number they did to him
Apparently his recovery is going worse than expected. I assume it's whenever he tries to sleep, he hears 'lucha... lucha... lucha' in his head and jolts back up in a cold sweat.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

Apparently his recovery is going worse than expected. I assume it's whenever he tries to sleep, he hears 'lucha... lucha... lucha' in his head and jolts back up in a cold sweat.

"Good... Lucha things... Goddammit wooo! Ah! Not again!"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Golden Bee posted:

I wonder if Heidi Lovelace wants to go back to her old name

She'll probably just be Ruby from now on knowing this company

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ganso Bomb posted:

She'll probably just be Ruby from now on knowing this company

They'll double down and turn her into a fully antifa-style heel so that Lacey Evans can beat her every week for 3 months

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

sportsgenius86 posted:

Reminds me of when guys say "All these spoiled rear end American women need to look at how women are treated in the middle east before they complain"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I feel he'd operate okay on a daily basis but pull a you cant see me when real issues start hitting. The average democrat.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

They'll double down and turn her into a fully antifa-style heel so that Lacey Evans can beat her every week for 3 months

gently caress, it's this one :negative:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rhea Ripley's a lovely person, surely she'd be doing a Pauline Hanson-esque take...

https://twitter.com/RheaRipley_WWE/status/1267847477501231106

OK, carry on.

Meanwhile, Seth Rollins tweeted this a couple of days ago,

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1266544438316335110

and has been re-tweeting Big E's commentary about systemic racial inequality since.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If I'm being optimistic, which we'll see how long that lasts, it does feel like maybe these last two months have opened even the dumbest pairs of eyes in terms of the poo poo that white people, both police and otherwise, get away with in regards to black lives.

Seth Rollins is still dumb as poo poo though.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
All Lives Matter would be a great delusional heel stable name.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I’m struggling with some very weird feelings right now, ngl. it’s like my general contempt for Randy Orton and Lacey Evans and Seth Rollins has somehow...abated slightly?! I dunno how to handle this, folks, I need an adult :ohdear:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

you one thing you can take from this is these people all have really on the ball friends that probably smartened them up

and then you have chad fail in nxt getting disavowed by his own stablemate lmao

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Rhea Ripley's a lovely person, surely she'd be doing a Pauline Hanson-esque take...

https://twitter.com/RheaRipley_WWE/status/1267847477501231106

Rhea's in a relationship with a POC so I think she knows what the deal is with racism. specially when people call her slurs for dating a black man whenever they post pics together

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SatansOnion posted:

I’m struggling with some very weird feelings right now, ngl. it’s like my general contempt for Randy Orton and Lacey Evans and Seth Rollins has somehow...abated slightly?! I dunno how to handle this, folks, I need an adult :ohdear:

If it helps I checked Baron Corbin's twitter and he's been completely silent on the issue

KungFu Grip posted:

Rhea's in a relationship with a POC so I think she knows what the deal is with racism. specially when people call her slurs for dating a black man whenever they post pics together

You'd think she'd know better than to throw slurs at other minorities in that case

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Rarity posted:

If it helps I checked Baron Corbin's twitter and he's been completely silent on the issue

:tipshat: bless you. he’s like a rock of shittiness in these trying times

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

I don't think Rhea is a bad person. Her using the f-word was bad and her apology sucked but I don't think she's really homophobic.

https://twitter.com/RheaRipley_WWE/status/1267561471124307977

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Someone in one of the PPV threads posted "Diarrhea Ripley" and I always lol about it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fatherofmustard posted:

I don't think Rhea is a bad person. Her using the f-word was bad and her apology sucked but I don't think she's really homophobic.

https://twitter.com/RheaRipley_WWE/status/1267561471124307977

This is good to see. I like when people actually mean it when they say they'll try to improve after doing something bad

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Rhea is a case of ignorance rather than malice, I'm sure. She still needs to prove, with sustained action for a long period of time, that she's learnt and become a better person. A bollocks non-apology and a couple of annual gestures is barely a start. But I hope she can demonstrate—frequently and for a long time—that she's setting things right and bettering herself, permanently. And if nothing else, for my own sanity and faith in humanity I won't write-off someone as young as her just yet. Lord knows I was a dumbfuck saying awful poo poo when I was 22, too.

Now your Vinces and Undertakers and your JBLs, on the other hand, they can all get in the loving sea.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That's the first positive sign I've seen from Rhea. Awesome, hope she keeps it up

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I feel like she's still young enough to learn from her mistakes, as apposed to someone like Jericho that's old and set in his ways.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Huh, last I heard she was in a pretty serious relationship with Simon Musk (El Ligero), when did that change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Raw got 1.728 million viewers.