Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
amongst the catacombs of nephren-ka was so good i'm disappointed they went in the direction they did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

New Nile is good imo but it leaves my head every time I stop listening to it.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Hulk Krogan posted:

I just came in to post:

BOLT THROWER

Controversial opinion in this thread but Bolt Thrower is fairly FTW.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i dunno none of nile's stuff is all that random. it's mostly going up and down a handful of "exotic" sounding scales really fast

I didn't mean random (even though I said it), I just mean like utterly unexpected, in a jarring way. I get it that it's their thing but it's not me.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

punished milkman posted:

just realized hail spirit noir is coming out with something new soon. One of the singles has one of the borknagar dudes singing on it, it’s awesome

https://youtu.be/ehJtFcoR87k

The last two albums were fantastic, but these new songs are missing something. They seem to be heading towards more prog than their psychedelic weirdness, which for me at least makes the songs more unfocused, and less bizarre/creepy. Still, a big fan of this band and excited for the album.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

amongst the catacombs of nephren-ka was so good i'm disappointed they went in the direction they did

In their Darkened Shrines is my favorite.

I think I said it before but my problem with nile is everything is way to fast now. Their drummer can do 3 fills in a second.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Have some more Dark Souls-inspired metal (death/sludge): https://thra.bandcamp.com/

edit: The classic Bolt Thrower story feels appropriate rn: https://vics-dungeon.blogspot.com/2...rnOVrham8kE9lyg

HeavingGirth fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 3, 2020

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Slice the Cake just posted something on their FB page asking if anyone would donate to a fund/preorder a "NO RIFFS FOR RACISTS" shirt; all proceeds from sales going to bail funds and community organizers

They just spent all their money on a different merch run, but are considering running another one for 100 of these shirts (or maybe more if there's enough interest?)

Show your support: https://www.facebook.com/stcproject

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
the drummer for the black dahlia murder has a cool mousepad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGeMqVwKr_I

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

What's some bands for someone who would like Misthyrming and Mgla but wishes they weren't fascist? (Are Misthyrming fash? They are, right?)

Also anything like Dragged Into Sunlight? (The original stuff or the new long-as-gently caress stuff, whatever)

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What's some bands for someone who would like Misthyrming and Mgla but wishes they weren't fascist? (Are Misthyrming fash? They are, right?)

Also anything like Dragged Into Sunlight? (The original stuff or the new long-as-gently caress stuff, whatever)

Maybe Uada and Cloak, they are similar to Mgla

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Yellow Eyes scratches that same itch and was one of my favorite albums of 2019

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

Nehru the Damaja posted:

(Are Misthyrming fash? They are, right?)

I keep seeing people say this but I've seen no evidence that this is actually true

anyway check out kaleikr, vukari, void omnia, and seconding yellow eyes

DROP TABLE PHIZ fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jun 4, 2020

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Misthyrming guy is a guy who complains about the drat SJWs but I don’t think he’s full on fash.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Since his a self proclaimed fan of Wu-Tang Clan, I'm gonna say he's probably not a fascist.

Thirding the Yellow Eyes recommendation and my anticipation for the new album from Imperial Triumphant is now at an all time high.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nehru the Damaja posted:

this list started with just stuff off the top of my head and then turned into going through spotify and remembering stuff I liked that sounded kinda like that

Mare Cognitum, Oathbreaker, Uada, Vanum, Ashbringer, Oubliette, Fen, Falls of Rauros, Unrequited, Obsequiae, Saor, Skyforest, Wiegedood, The Great Old Ones

Also:

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

I keep seeing people say this but I've seen no evidence that this is actually true

anyway check out kaleikr, vukari, void omnia, and seconding yellow eyes

Seconding this recommendation too

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Since his a self proclaimed fan of Wu-Tang Clan, I'm gonna say he's probably not a fascist.

I mean, you can be pro-fascism and not racist.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Metal has gotta be the genre where the most artists are staying completely silent, right? Maybe only behind country?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
depends, i think the more "active" online bands are saying things, but there's a lot of bands i listen that only update their facebook page like once every 2 years.

also metal lyrics are more often than not dumb as hell (and that rules) and i don't really care what they have to say

otherwise you're just going to get more dave mustaines

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I mean, you can be pro-fascism and not racist.

You can also be racist and like rap

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Axis of Light. Tbh I always assumed these guys were pretty much eco fash but their latest mailing told me they’re donating all the proceeds of bandcamp’s next fee-waiving thing tomorrow to the NAACP, so they can’t be that bad

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

feelix posted:

Metal has gotta be the genre where the most artists are staying completely silent, right? Maybe only behind country?

It's anecdotal I guess but I'd say that most of the bands I follow on social media have said something.

skasion posted:

Axis of Light. Tbh I always assumed these guys were pretty much eco fash but their latest mailing told me they’re donating all the proceeds of bandcamp’s next fee-waiving thing tomorrow to the NAACP, so they can’t be that bad

It's funny I also got some of that vibe from Axis of Light. It's good to see they aren't. Their stuff rules as well.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
my favourite Ecuadorian friends in Disburial released a new thing. I completely missed it.

https://disburial.bandcamp.com/album/vermin-void

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Here's a 6.5 hour spotify playlist called "Black Lives in Metal"

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4...q64uzoEK9Ip8fCA

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

feelix posted:

naw I'm seeing a lot of bands doing an activism, theres quite a few doing the Bandcamp thing to donate all proceeds to bail funds

https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/artists-and-labels-offering-donations-special-merch-and-more-on-friday-june-5 (lots of metal here)

lots of other social media stuff in support too, granted a lot of stuff I follow are outspoken lefties aready

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Mgla are facist now too? God drat.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

FanaticalMilk posted:

Mgla are facist now too? God drat.

i mean they're polish. just assume every black metal band from poland or ukraine are nazis.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i mean they're polish. just assume every black metal band from poland or ukraine are nazis.

:( I know, I'm just tired of repeating this cycle all the loving time, it just makes me want to avoid black metal altogether sometimes.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

FanaticalMilk posted:

:( I know, I'm just tired of repeating this cycle all the loving time, it just makes me want to avoid black metal altogether sometimes.

May I interest you in our savior, the crust punk genre?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Kvlt! posted:

I don't know if it counts as crust punk but I'd love to listen to more stuff like Dystopia.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kvlt! posted:

punk is just as bad as metal for how many nazi bands there are

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

punk is just as bad as metal for how many nazi bands there are

In my experience metal has nazis and punk has sexual predators

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kvlt! posted:

In my experience metal has nazis and punk has sexual predators

that's pop punk

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

fair (also hardcore)

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
welcome to the morbid Reich is phenomenal. That is all. Guys, please tell me Vader isn’t fascist.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

BurningBeard posted:

welcome to the morbid Reich is phenomenal. That is all. Guys, please tell me Vader isn’t fascist.

Pretty sure they're okay. I've read some interviews with Peter and he comes across as a really decent guy who just wants to play sick rear end riffs and give people a good time.

Of course I also really really hope they're not, because I loving love the poo poo out of their music and it would loving crush me (and not in the good way that Vader usually crushes me) if they pulled a milkshake duck on me.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

The re-recorded version of Clayman is on Spotify.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
every vader song sounds exactly the same

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
No idea about current Vader, but De Profundis kicks rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9sJGJC8aKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czMuRXDwP5s

Classics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

tote up a bags posted:

The re-recorded version of Clayman is on Spotify.

sounds like dog poo poo. original version is FAR superior