Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Well, you have elected representatives openly calling for war crimes to be committed and now the dickhead emerging from his bunker to threaten military occupation and to signal his 2A buddies. America, you had a good run there for a while, good luck and try not to die.

Also if destroying businesses and property is bad, explain the Boston Tea Party? Or Jesus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

IOwnCalculus posted:

I spent way too much of my life avoiding rap, and RTJ is so loving good it makes me wish I hadn't.

Him and El-P are great together. Some of his solo stuff is pretty good too.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

STR posted:

A skunk.

Nope, don't need a cage for them.

Hint: they're from South America

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

capybara

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

If people are willing to try hip hop/rap can I make a suggestion of Shad? He's Canadian, been around for years, is a very smart cat, very talented and speaks on many important subjects. He also has never uttered a cuss in any of his recordings which is alone, quite a feat.

There's 2 freestyles with just ridiculous amounts of wordplay from a decade ago that by all rights should've made him famous.

https://youtu.be/1dcCfQy3EvQ

https://youtu.be/cRHG6ihayVI

His most recent album called A Short Story About War is an album based around well, war and 3 main recurring characters, the snipers, the stone throwers and the fool and their experiences in and around a conflict. It's a pretty powerful album and has obvious parallels to how the world seems to work for the rich and powerful. All his albums are great, the first two are definitely my favourites though, I have fond memories of finding out about him on MySpace...

He also presents the award winning Netflix show Hip Hop Evolution which is superb.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Him and El-P are great together. Some of his solo stuff is pretty good too.

Mike's R.A.P. Music is a loving great album, I think I might actually prefer it to RtJ stuff... (even though it's produced by El-P)

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 2, 2020

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

I spent way too much of my life avoiding rap

This makes me sad but at the same time brings me joy because you have so much to discover. RTJ is great.

^ Shad is great too.

I've been on an Eyedea kick lately. Unfortunately he passed away in 2010 because drugs but dude was super smart and talented. His last album "By The Throat" is a loving gut punch though, just warning you.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

WBRC in Birmingham has a different/better angle on the monument removal: https://www.wbrc.com/live/

Ed: Whoops, wrong thread but I'll lead it here anyway.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Pointyer and longer/skinnyer, excellent climber

For rap I've been on an Immortal Technique kick recently, Revolutionary Vol2 is incredible.

Billy Woods as well, Hiding Places and Known Unknowns are so good.

Tons of Logic too. I've been rotating the three for a while now.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet check out the video for DJ Shadows Nobody Speak, it's great and RTJ makes an appearance

https://youtu.be/NUC2EQvdzmY

Agreed about RTJ, I just discovered them not too long ago and been digging them

Busdriver is legit too, his stuff is eclectic and and all over the place, this song kicks rear end and has Aesop Rock in it

https://youtu.be/lTxDEu1mw68

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

One of the NYC police unions was tweeting about how they'd arrested the mayor's daughter last night and posted a screenshot of her arrest record. If that's not a blatant show of who is really in charge, I don't know what is.

I got my ebike today. It's absolutely gigantic. The company that makes it is Dutch so that's not even the biggest size. It's tremendously comfortable too. I feel like I'm sitting straight up. Not aerodynamic, but the electric motor makes up for it.

I snapped the shift cable across the street from the bike shop. They were nice enough to replace it, but I wound up spending two extra hours hanging around their lobby around a number of much nicer and more expensive bikes.

Edit: very annoying earlier today when I got the bike home and it was too big to fit in the space I made for it. I planned to hang it by the front wheel in some unused space at the end of a hallway, but the hallway was too narrow for the height of the bike. It fits kinda okay in the tiny alcove where I have my WFH setup, so I think it will live there for the time being.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 2, 2020

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

shy boy from chess club posted:

Pointyer and longer/skinnyer, excellent climber

For rap I've been on an Immortal Technique kick recently, Revolutionary Vol2 is incredible.

Billy Woods as well, Hiding Places and Known Unknowns are so good.

Tons of Logic too. I've been rotating the three for a while now.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet check out the video for DJ Shadows Nobody Speak, it's great and RTJ makes an appearance

https://youtu.be/NUC2EQvdzmY

Agreed about RTJ, I just discovered them not too long ago and been digging them

Busdriver is legit too, his stuff is eclectic and and all over the place, this song kicks rear end and has Aesop Rock in it

https://youtu.be/lTxDEu1mw68

Did you get a goddamn binturong?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Not much, what's binturong with you? :dadjoke:

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Rhyno posted:

Can confirm. 9 years in the bar industry, only met a handful of good cops.

Two years driving a tow truck, and I’d say a good number of the officers I worked with on a regular basis were friends, but there was not a honest one among them.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
y'all a loving Delegate in my neighboring district was nailed with a loving flashbang for trying to politely ask the police not to kill anybody.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/virginia-gop-calls-for-resignation-of-delegate-reportedly-struck-by-a-flashbang-grenade-at-manassas-protest
https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1267307375423377408?s=20

Also this delegate:
https://twitter.com/IbraheemSamirah/status/1267420150778810369

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Close enough! a coatimundi. Used to have 2 of them when I lived in Florida and they're awesome and I missed them. I found a rescue I really wanted a week ago or so but they never responded. Then right after that I got an email from a baby list I signed up for sometime last year that they had 2 litters ready to go. I put a deposit on her right away. The breeder is in Texas and the original plan was to ship by plane but they aren't doing that right now because of the virus. Then I found out there are businesses thats like uship for pets. They are picking her up on the 9th and should be here the 11th. I haven't raised a baby anything since my last new skunk in 2005 and I'm beyond excited.

For some reason I can't upload the pictures to imgur or flikr and have been trying since I made the first post, imgur is still on the upload screen right now so I had to leech them, sorry if they are huge I can't tell on my phone

Her name's Montana but I'm definitely changing it. I have a list of potential names but I won't know until I get her. It's going to be a long week though I have plenty to do to get stuff ready like build platforms and branches and fun stuff in the cage plus coati proof the house cause it's like having a forever 2 year old that can climb everything.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Hello hiphop friends, may I suggest Denzel Curry?

Also because I'm a giant nerd I really like Busdriver, Aesop Rock, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien and Kool Keith.

Cannibal Ox

Wu Tang and lots of it's associate projects/are good poo poo.

Kendrick Lamar has some serious bangers (see D.N.A.).

I appreciate the 80s stuff but I don't really like the production that much and I really prefer ~93+ hiphop.

I'm kind of a technical/production slut in general for music.

casque
Mar 17, 2009

shy boy from chess club posted:

I want to like Immortal Technique but he's such a homophobic misogynist.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Wrar posted:

Hello hiphop friends, may I suggest Denzel Curry?

Also because I'm a giant nerd I really like Busdriver, Aesop Rock, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien and Kool Keith.

Cannibal Ox

Wu Tang and lots of it's associate projects/are good poo poo.

Kendrick Lamar has some serious bangers (see D.N.A.).

I appreciate the 80s stuff but I don't really like the production that much and I really prefer ~93+ hiphop.

I'm kind of a technical/production slut in general for music.

denzel owns

ratm cover:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY4ywyFXdik

diet_:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scsUaLWex70

casque posted:

but he did throw lin manuel miranda into a dumpster in highschool :v:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Somewhat Heroic posted:

birbs? Check out this birb on my neighbors car down the street! He has been hanging out this weekend.

that we only work to build each other up, that we should only show love to one another and that we need to help others to the best of our abilities.
Why does your neighbor's car not have a carbon roof. Shameful!

IOwnCalculus posted:

The same people demanding these protests be more peaceful, are the ones who poo poo bricks because FOOTBALL MAN KNEELED

meatpimp posted:

It's not just a policing issue, it's larger than that.

Boots Riley on Chris Dorner (LAPD cop that got tired of the bullshit and killed a few cops himself):

A quick thought about Chris Dorner:

We should remember that Dorner was a cop, first and foremost. He didn't like police brutality, but police brutality is only a small part of the problem with police. A well-oiled, non-corrupt police force without police brutality is still a menace to the working class, especially for communities of color.

I don't care if they give you a massage and a spa treatment before they take you to jail- they're job is to lock folks up who are actually trying to hustle to survive. Under capitalism, there MUST be unemployment. If there was no unemployment, the system wouldn't work because everyone would be able to demand higher wages.

A certain amount of unemployed and employed folks have to be involved in illegal economies just to survive. Illegal economies require physical force- violence- to regulate them, as there is no other recourse.

This means the police's target for imprisonment is foretold by the system.

Many folks'- "progressive" and "conservative"- narrative of "crime" and violence in the Black community is one that favors individual blame of the folks involved. This is because the idea of changing the system requires building a radical, militant mass movement, so folks ignore the real answer and try to come up with psychological and cultural reasoning for it.

If cops actually wanted to fight "crime" as they see it- dope dealing, murders, etc., they would not be a cop and they would build a movement to take down capitalism and replace it with one where the people democratically control the wealth that they create with their labor.

The choice of becoming a cop means that you have decided that there is no problem with capitalism, and the source of violence and "crime" is the individual on the street.

That viewpoint is something that is pushed by almost every TV show, movie, and comic book that most of us have seen. So it's not shocking that many would have this viewpoint. (It's also the reason that Dorner's actions were accepted in some circles- he's a cop- like all our comic book heroes. Hell, even Tarantino's Django was a cop.)

It's just not true, though. It's a theory that doesn't hold water. The violence on the street is a natural outgrowth of the violence in the boardroom.

I live in LA and haven't seen a single shred of evidence Dorner committed any crimes. I'm a white-passing (not-white but close enough) guy in a wealthy neighborhood of LA with no real skin in the game aside from "I grew up thinking people were equal".

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yellowstone is quaking. The planet has had enough of our poo poo.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

re: rap, I'm still surprised Trump didn't at least get us another Paris album.

He put this out during the first Bush:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dETZ25kwVI

Then this out during the second Bush:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB_bc2I2cOs

It seems like he's not as well known as he should be, but his music has been heavily sampled so who knows. Late 90s / early 2000s Australian hardcore made on Amigas loved him at least.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
So just to reiterate, Trump had a peaceful protest cleared out with tear gas, batons, flashbangs and pepper bullets, so he could walk across the street to pose awkwardly in front of a church with a bible. Oh and also the rector and bishop of the church were not consulted before he decided to use it as a prop, and they are furious.

Just...... gently caress you if you voted for this turd.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I was getting really upset reading about politics so I started reading science articles and I came across this one that goes into explicit detail about a new device to kill feral cats and now I'm really sad and I can't sleep and even the title of this thread makes me sad.

:nms:
https://phys.org/news/2020-05-felixer-grooming-feral-cats.html
:nms:

gently caress you 2020 😭😭😭😭

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

They can go gently caress their lovely, stupid native species that falls to predation by 44 loving feral cats.

loving 44 cats, you can't find a better solution than poisoning them all to death? No one is going to adopt them?

This cat was ear-tipped as a non-adoptable stray cat.

This cat was picked up.off the street as a kitten.

gently caress poisoning feral cats for some artificial notion of native species.

E: a better view of Taylor Swift's ear-tip

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I've shot feral cats that would give a medium size dog a run for their money in terms of size. They are truly destructive creatures. And I challenge you go go and try to even TOUCH a properly feral outback cat, let alone try to domesticate it. You'll bleed to death before you succeed at that

Dont compare US native animals to Australian native animals and the impact on them cats have. We dont have large predators in Australia apart from the Dingo, and we havent had large predators for centuries, so none of our native species have evolved to cope with the impact of a highly efficient predator species. We dont have Bears, Wolves, Coyotes, Bobcats, Lynx etc so when you release an animal that not only is hyper efficient at killing small animals, but also will hunt just for shits and giggles, its had an enormous impact on our small bird, lizard and mammal species, and thats causing flow on impacts up and down the food chain for the middle order predators and the prey these small animals would normally be controlling.

Thats the stomach content of ONE cat. Estimates are that each feral cat is killing around 1000 animals a year. And we've got an estimated 2.1 Million feral cats in lean years and up to 6.3M when the seasonal is plentiful...

Its not just small animals they kill either. Rangers in the APY lands killed a 6.8kg cat with a 5kg wallaby in its guts.

Thats a Mulga Snake, one of the biggest and most venemous snakes in Australia.

I will shoot a feral cat I find in the bush without hesitation. I like cats, I have three myself- all three are stray rescues, but I have no time for feral cats, and neither does Smudge.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Ferremit posted:

feral cats

Same across the ditch. Feral cats and stray cats are not the same thing. They are wild animals that will gently caress you up. No ones adopting them. (Hell no one adopts strays much either for that matter) gently caress, last election one minor party had a total cat ban policy, to protect native wildlife. No, you wouldn’t have to put your cats down, just breeding and replacing would have been illegal. Admittedly this was widely seen as a kooky idea, but not without its merits, ecologically speaking.

Different countries have different ecological priorities and here we try to put natives first, since they’re so vulnerable because of introduced predators.

A great example, in Australia, the brush tailed possum is a protected species. Here in NZ, it’s at the top of the hit list. 1080, the poison used by the cat trap mentioned above, well our Dept of Conservation uses it on possums. They carry M. Bovis which endangers our beef and dairy, they outcompete natives for food AND eat their eggs.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

:swoon:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So just to reiterate, Trump had a peaceful protest cleared out with tear gas, batons, flashbangs and pepper bullets, so he could walk across the street to pose awkwardly in front of a church with a bible. Oh and also the rector and bishop of the church were not consulted before he decided to use it as a prop, and they are furious.

Just...... gently caress you if you voted for this turd.
Guess he saw the meme making fun of him for hiding in a bunker.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
While in general I agree that feral animals do need to be controlled - and frankly hand me the grenade launcher,I'll take aim at Brumbys anyday and feral adults cats DO need to be greatly thinned down by any means - feral cats arent *entirely* a lost cause.... most are a lost cause of course, but some do decide to re-domesticate. Even adult ones that would ringbark your arms at first can and do become fine with humans. Feral kittens I know for a fact are perfectly fine re-domesticing, that extremely large black cat I had for years (11kgs......) was a feral I caught. He tornadoed one of my arms when I scruffed him but turned out to be a great kitty.

quote:

And I challenge you go go and try to even TOUCH a properly feral outback cat, let alone try to domesticate it. You'll bleed to death before you succeed at that

Friends family out the back of Forbes spent a lot of time ding exactly that. Turns out when those properly huge evil ferals get wind you are a safe food source, some of them will indeed hand their feral cards in. We have to remember cats weren't domesticated by humans

None of that disputes the damage ferals do and yes, most of them do need to be trapped/shot.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

How much further down is there? In the words of Joss Whedon in his punching-bag-character Wesley: "There's always more down."

In rap news -- I was introduced to rap in about '93 when my friend that worked in a record store put NWA on in the store. I was completely turned off at first, it was shockingly harsh. Over time, I learned the nuances and really saw what they were saying. Well, as much as a suburban white guy can. Since then, I've navigated some pretty narrow waters. I've never been a fan of any of the real commercial stuff... Drake, Kendrik, etc. Before he went mental, I really dug some of Kanye's stuff, but that was a weird one-off period of time. Like we're in now.

But there's one band.

Just one band.

That really strikes all the right nerves for me -- The Coup.

I've posted about them before. The Chris Dorner quote I posted yesterday was by Boots Riley, the founder. They consistently put out anti-capitalist jams that absolutely resonate. At their time of release, and now. Perhaps more now.

They have a mix of awesome funk-inspired jams with pointed, deep, intricate lyrics that are absolutely layered like an onion. All the while being in your face. How in your face? This was their third album's cover that was slated to be released in mid-September of 2001:

From a period article:

quote:

Riley said the cover design, completed in June, was "supposed to be a metaphor for the capitalist state being destroyed through the music."

It should not be interpreted as a call to violence, particularly in light of Tuesday's tragedy, he said.

"My condolences go to the families of the victims and all their friends and anybody affected at all by the catastrophe," Riley said. "But they can't sidestep that the reason this is being censored is a political one, not a sympathetic one. It's not out of respect to the victims."

A couple notable songs, imo:

Second album's pinnacle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v-rIWUAQuI

From Party Music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz3DjOed39I

And something we beater drivers can relate to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evlb8E0ZoNk

So Boots Riley also directed a 2018 movie called "Sorry to Bother You." I recommend watching that to find out what is really behind capitalism.

And this song is featured:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acT_PSAZ7BQ

And it's just what we need now.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

dude i came in here to post Boots and The Coup, but you've made a better post than I would have. However, you did not post Kill My Landlord, so I'm fixing that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGzbWyCM0uQ

R.A.P. Music is very good, agreed with whomever posted it up thread. If you like RTJ you will like it.

Watch Sorry to Bother You if you haven't. Hell if you have watch it again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Protest/Riot wet for 2:30 today.

But they chose to hold it on private property so it's absolutely going to be a mess.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

That rant I posted last night was stupid as gently caress, I need to lay off the booze.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

casque posted:

Yea that's true though You Never Know kinda shows he can be not misogynistic sometimes. No excuse for the homophobia but I'm a fag and I can overlook it because I agree a poo poo ton with his politics and views on humanity

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Elviscat posted:

That rant I posted last night was stupid as gently caress, I need to lay off the booze.

Lol I was wondering why someone would say gently caress the native species. Feral cats are a HUGE problem in Australia and need to be dealt with.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I literally have no excuse, I've volunteered in a program the captures feral cats, fixes them and releases them for vermin control, and they have to cull the population occasionally.

It is kinda funny that in the Australian Outback, noted for varied and dangerous wildlife cats are apex predators though.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm not saying feral cats aren't a problem. I'm saying I didn't want to read a detailed explanation of how their new cat murder box works when I'm already stressed as hell.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

The guy that is picking her up will be sending pictures and updates every 3 hours during the ride and I'll repost them here for some cuteness during the massive poo poo that's going on right now.

If Yellowstone explodes before I get my baby I'll be so mad. I've been terrified of that happening since I saw a documentary on it like 15 years ago. Please let me have just this one thing before I die

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

KillHour posted:

I'm not saying feral cats aren't a problem. I'm saying I didn't want to read a detailed explanation of how their new cat murder box works when I'm already stressed as hell.

Yeah, this probably set me off too.

Here's a picture of a very alive kitty, as penance.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm trying to imagine what I'd do if I came up on a crowd of rioters who started tossing poo poo and trying to open my doors. I'm pretty sure I'd plow through everyone. Of course if you find yourself in the middle of a riot, your trip planning sucked. But the mental exercise of watching youtube vids and then putting myself in that situation gives me a low level adrenaline dose.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

jonathan posted:

I'm trying to imagine what I'd do if I came up on a crowd of rioters who started tossing poo poo and trying to open my doors. I'm pretty sure I'd plow through everyone. Of course if you find yourself in the middle of a riot, your trip planning sucked. But the mental exercise of watching youtube vids and then putting myself in that situation gives me a low level adrenaline dose.

congratulations on being a piece of poo poo i guess