Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

Elon give me my Tesla

Tesla drastically accelerates Model Y delivery timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

1 million robotaxis on the road by the end of 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQA1cY6n7YM

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
There's even a person there it ignored.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Charles posted:

There's even a person there it ignored.

Perhaps their skin tone was out of range.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

MomJeans420 posted:

1 million robotaxis on the road by the end of 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQA1cY6n7YM

Lol. Can’t wait for Tesla to buy back all those cars and get them going. Make America great again, where’s my Tesla Elon, we are going to mars, everyone gets gigabit internet all over the planet for $50 a month, spend spend spend spend let’s goooooooooooo.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Any of you guys use Tesla for solar panels? I am getting a bunch of quotes and they seem like the best price/kW option. Anyone have any experience with them?

If any of you guys have a referral link for Tesla, I'd be happy to use it instead of grabbing a random one off the internet.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

MrLogan posted:

Any of you guys use Tesla for solar panels? I am getting a bunch of quotes and they seem like the best price/kW option. Anyone have any experience with them?

If any of you guys have a referral link for Tesla, I'd be happy to use it instead of grabbing a random one off the internet.

I almost did it, but I couldn't make the money make sense. I'll PM you the referral link.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Slur, your fighting style is extremely problematic!

Solar panel prices are akin to used cars, wild and random. most people have no idea what to shop for, and usually fall for the most aggressive sales pitch. The profit margins and those are ridiculous, I've seen quotes near $22,000 for $4,500 worth of hardware and 2 days off install labor. And then high interest financing on top of that shitpile.

Go to https://www.solarwholesale.com/ for diy kits and references. Then just find an install contractor in your area. Or do most of it yourself and just hire an electrician to connect to the grid.

I'm not affiliated with the above site. There are many others.

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 2, 2020

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

MrLogan posted:

I'm $TSLAQ but absolutely do no use Tesla for the install versus pretty much any other company. I've seen TONS of horror stories online, and just like their cars their customer service is non-responsive. I think the battery pack technology is fine, but having them do the install is a horrible idea. You can read stories here.

Elon Musk
Jun 2, 2020

X Ash AXII

Bum the Sad posted:

Elon give me my Tesla

gently caress you, you're lucky that you're even able to buy a car as fine as one of my Teslas, moving you to the back of the queue.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Elon Musk posted:

gently caress you, you're lucky that you're even able to buy a car as fine as one of my Teslas, moving you to the back of the queue.

He's my referral. Please, I need the supercharging miles here, I'm struggling.

Elon Musk
Jun 2, 2020

X Ash AXII

Nfcknblvbl posted:

He's my referral. Please, I need the supercharging miles here, I'm struggling.

Tesla agents are on their way to replace your Tesla's Supercharger connector with whatever those crappy little Japanese cars use, the firmware to use it will be a $3000 payment. Please stay put.

Or don't, we can find your car wherever it is.

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Elon Musk posted:

Tesla agents are on their way to replace your Tesla's Supercharger connector with whatever those crappy little Japanese cars use, the firmware to use it will be a $3000 payment. Please stay put.

Or don't, we can find your car wherever it is.

A++ post, would read again.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
extremely blessed gimmick

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

So next week my commute will be going back to driving a garbage ~85km/day return, and it'll be Monday to Friday, so more days per week than previously. Probably works out to ~45min-1hr each way at the times I'll be commuting, but the hours will be new to me so I'm guestimating (yes traffic is that bad here). Looking at PHEVs, since although there's chargers at work, I can't count on finding them unoccupied, and I have no charging option where I live. Talk to me about Honda Clarity PHEVs. If I managed to charge each day at work, I'd be able to cover nearly all the range on electric, probably only needing ~5-15km/day on gas. Is it even worth going down the PHEV route considering that most other PHEVs I'd be running on gas at least half the drive each day? Or should I just stick with a normal hybrid? I don't use the car at all on my days off except for the very occasional ~10km round trip errand.
(currently driving a tired '07 Prius that I had planned on running until it rusted to dust, but if I'm going to be stuck in a car for 2 hours/day I'm going to want something more comfy)

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 2, 2020

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
I would probably just get another Prius or equivalent (Corolla Hybrid or Ioniq) unless you feel really strongly about wanting to plug in your car.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

TheWevel posted:

I would probably just get another Prius or equivalent (Corolla Hybrid or Ioniq) unless you feel really strongly about wanting to plug in your car.

I'm thinking that way. The range just isn't there to make it worthwhile, except on the Clarity. I'd consider an e-golf if I had guaranteed charging either at home or at work.

Elon Musk
Jun 2, 2020

X Ash AXII
May I recommend a fine Tesla product, combined with being wealthy enough to afford a house?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Elon Musk posted:

May I recommend a fine Tesla product, combined with being wealthy enough to afford a house?

That has to be a meme account, but in any case: perfect post/user name combo :v:

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Finger Prince posted:

So next week my commute will be going back to driving a garbage ~85km/day return, and it'll be Monday to Friday, so more days per week than previously. Probably works out to ~45min-1hr each way at the times I'll be commuting, but the hours will be new to me so I'm guestimating (yes traffic is that bad here). Looking at PHEVs, since although there's chargers at work, I can't count on finding them unoccupied, and I have no charging option where I live. Talk to me about Honda Clarity PHEVs. If I managed to charge each day at work, I'd be able to cover nearly all the range on electric, probably only needing ~5-15km/day on gas. Is it even worth going down the PHEV route considering that most other PHEVs I'd be running on gas at least half the drive each day? Or should I just stick with a normal hybrid? I don't use the car at all on my days off except for the very occasional ~10km round trip errand.
(currently driving a tired '07 Prius that I had planned on running until it rusted to dust, but if I'm going to be stuck in a car for 2 hours/day I'm going to want something more comfy)

I like my clarity a lot, but this doesn't sound like an ideal scenario for it. We average low 40s to mid 50s in electric range. I'd probably go for an an Insight or 4th gen Prius if I had your drive.

Kastivich fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jun 3, 2020

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

My brother and his wife both drive Optima hybrids, they like them pretty well, bro has a slightly longer commute than you do, and they've been reliable.

Except that one time my brother's shut down on the freeway, displayed a "hybrid powertrain failure" warning, and refused to move.

They've got that kickass warranty and everything's all better now though!

I'd look into them, if you get them CPO I think the warranty transfers over, and they might be a significant enough savings over a Prius or something to make it worthwhile.

Elon Musk
Jun 2, 2020

X Ash AXII

Elon Musk posted:

Guess Elmnt80 isn't escaping to the Communist Martian paradise with us :smith:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Elon Musk posted:

Guess Elmnt80 isn't escaping to the Communist Martian paradise with us :smith:

If you're gonna blow :10bux: for a dumb gimmick account, at least be funny. :colbert:

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

MomJeans420 posted:

I'm $TSLAQ but absolutely do no use Tesla for the install versus pretty much any other company. I've seen TONS of horror stories online, and just like their cars their customer service is non-responsive. I think the battery pack technology is fine, but having them do the install is a horrible idea. You can read stories here.

Most of the complaints seem to be about the solar roof v solar panels. Makes sense that they would subcontract out the installation to the cheapest bidder.

That's something to think about.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

MrLogan posted:

Do some reading on string vs. micro inverters, I believe Tesla uses the former. Maybe they are so much cheaper or your install situation is such that they're still the best option.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

MrLogan posted:

Most of the complaints seem to be about the solar roof v solar panels. Makes sense that they would subcontract out the installation to the cheapest bidder.

That's something to think about.

I think those are just the more recent cases. There is a family who got royally screwed on the panels, but I can't find a good summary so here is the pinned tweet. Listening to a podcast is probably excessive unless you're really interested, but there are enough solar installers looking for work right now I don't know why anyone would bother chancing it unless they just wanted the Tesla name. If you look at their total solar installations, it doesn't seem like it's a focus at all, I think the only reason anything is still going on is the derivative lawsuit over their Solar City acquisition, which is settled by everyone except Musk.

https://twitter.com/TiffanyPhoto1/status/1223761475170267136?s=20

Elon Musk
Jun 2, 2020

X Ash AXII

Elmnt80 posted:

If you're gonna blow :10bux: for a dumb gimmick account, at least be funny. :colbert:

Grimes bought the account for me.

MomJeans420 posted:

I think those are just the more recent cases. There is a family who got royally screwed on the panels, but I can't find a good summary so here is the pinned tweet. Listening to a podcast is probably excessive unless you're really interested, but there are enough solar installers looking for work right now I don't know why anyone would bother chancing it unless they just wanted the Tesla name. If you look at their total solar installations, it doesn't seem like it's a focus at all, I think the only reason anything is still going on is the derivative lawsuit over their Solar City acquisition, which is settled by everyone except Musk.

https://twitter.com/TiffanyPhoto1/status/1223761475170267136?s=20

When you're making products with the goal of saving humanity, customer service sometimes takes a back seat.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Elon Musk posted:

Grimes bought the account for me.

When you're making products with the goal of saving humanity, customer service sometimes takes a back seat.

This could be a really funny gimmick, but these low-effort posts aren't doing you any favors.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Donate to bail funds instead of lowtax

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Interestingly the podcast Behind the Bastards (hosted by cool goon Robert Evans) just dropped part one of a two parter on Elon. Definitely gonna check it out! (Podcasts are perfect for when I’m walking my dogges)

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
I don’t know guys, might be him.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1267650659320500226?s=21

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is there somewhere else I can go to get daily doses of Elon’s wisdom? Is he on Gab?

Elon Musk
Jun 2, 2020

X Ash AXII

Westy543 posted:

Donate to bail funds instead of lowtax

I don't believe in defying the Police or Government. If someone is a jerk to you, but sincerely appologizes, it is important to be thick-skinned and accept that appology.

Loucks posted:

This could be a really funny gimmick, but these low-effort posts aren't doing you any favors.

I'm a little busy designing new cars and spaceships, you know how hard it is to design this stuff? I worked on the Cybertruck design for 40 years.

My lawyers won't let me post on Twitter anymore, and I have to use an alias on Reddit, when Grimes told me about this forum my lawyers said "sure, go ahead, no one reads that dead forum anyways"

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Stop posting.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I would be wary about going with Tesla Solar, and absolutely do not get their loving solar roof. You'll end up with a broken tile in 15 years and you can forget about getting a replacement.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Yeah, I'd be really curious to see how the tech on those solar roofs works, it seems finicky and unreliable at best, hard to maintain, and I wouldn't count on Tesla for warranty support.

E: or for out of warranty support.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

We only have roof tile v1.4 in stock which is only compatible with roof tile firmware version 6.7.2 and above. Your v1.1 tile can only be upgraded to 5.3. We can offer you a 5% discount on new set of roof tiles (installation not included) or a prorated refund of $0.67 on the damaged tile.

Thank you for contacting Tesla customer support.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

ELON GIVE ME MY TESLA

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

All y'all see the new ID.5 sedan? https://translate.google.com/transl...-202067935.html

Pretty much a direct model 3 competitor IMO. Expected release 2022. Not official renders above.

77 and 100 kWh pack options, delivering 590 km and 700 km wltp, or about 365 and 430 miles (this is wltp so maybe like 330-340 and 375-385). RWD config with 200 kW motor, and two awd drive options - one adding a 75 kW front motor, and one with 150 kW rear / 75 kW front. 268, 300, 370 hp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Bum the Sad posted:

ELON GIVE ME MY TESLA

I'm sure he'll help you as soon as his probation is over :v: