Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
That stuff and the pollo asado they make is good eatin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I'd probably prep that with a sous vide the same way one does lengua. Puddle cook, cube, toss them in a quick sear.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ve got the bottle of green poo poo that they include with their chicken street tacos.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Cartoon Man posted:

I’ve got the bottle of green poo poo that they include with their chicken street tacos.

The Cilantro Lime Crema that comes in a 2 pack? If so that stuff is like crack and I have been eating it on everything.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Trastion posted:

The Cilantro Lime Crema that comes in a 2 pack? If so that stuff is like crack and I have been eating it on everything.

Yes and yes me too.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

We went the other day to stock up on some things, and they don't carry the Bear Naked chocolate hazelnut granola anymore, and we couldn't find the GF flour we usually get. :sigh: At least we got a 2-pack of Udi's bread.

I bought some basil and black pepper chicken sausages, which are pretty good, but my only complaint is pulling them from the package, they feel incredibly slimy. It might just be because of the plant-based casing that the package boasts about. Cooking remedied that of course.

Limoncello coated almonds are also pretty decent. And Hell yeah Melonas are back!

It was actually probably the least amount of hassle going to our church has ever been. The sample tables being gone surely had a lot to do with clearing up a lot of the annoying bottlenecks.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
I keep looking at that pre-seasoned Costco arrachera. Worth a try? Normally I just buy naked meat.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

LadyPictureShow posted:

We went the other day to stock up on some things, and they don't carry the Bear Naked chocolate hazelnut granola anymore, and we couldn't find the GF flour we usually get. :sigh: At least we got a 2-pack of Udi's bread.

I bought some basil and black pepper chicken sausages, which are pretty good, but my only complaint is pulling them from the package, they feel incredibly slimy. It might just be because of the plant-based casing that the package boasts about. Cooking remedied that of course.

Limoncello coated almonds are also pretty decent. And Hell yeah Melonas are back!

It was actually probably the least amount of hassle going to our church has ever been. The sample tables being gone surely had a lot to do with clearing up a lot of the annoying bottlenecks.

got a restaurant depot near you? They got all the flour you could ever need

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Alan Smithee posted:

got a restaurant depot near you? They got all the flour you could ever need

We ended up getting almond flour, I'm just kind of partial to the King Arthur GF blend they carried.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

EVG posted:

I keep looking at that pre-seasoned Costco arrachera. Worth a try? Normally I just buy naked meat.

It’s good. Just had it last night It has good flavor, not spicy, and the meat is tender. Cooks up really well.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm gonna have to go find those. I got a thing of Gouda/Apple chicken sausages and the casing on them is pork-based and super tough. It doesnt say on the package to remove the casing before cooking, and it wasn't great without basically cutting it off. A SHAME, I just wanted a hot dog when it was nice out. :sigh:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Any reason not to throw this in a Sous Vide pot on steak setting for two hours? When it comes out I plan to slice it in strips for tacos. Should I sear the strips in a cast iron first or just eat it straight from the Sous Vide?

Straight out the Sous Vide...loving delicious. Can’t wait to get it into a taco.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

Straight out the Sous Vide...loving delicious. Can’t wait to get it into a taco.

drat that looks fuckin gooooooood - what temp and for how long?

And what department are they in at church? They don't look like they'd be in the regular butcher department - maybe that little area near the meat department where they have the pre-made soups and cheese and stuff?

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

And what department are they in at church? They don't look like they'd be in the regular butcher department - maybe that little area near the meat department where they have the pre-made soups and cheese and stuff?

130 degrees for 1 hour if we're talking steak settings.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

140 2 hours. Was so drat good in a taco with that green poo poo.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Got my Costco credit card today and celebrated by eating a bowl of chicken ramen from my last tithe.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

MarxCarl posted:

It’s good. Just had it last night It has good flavor, not spicy, and the meat is tender. Cooks up really well.

Not spicy? No thanks!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

number 1 snake fan posted:

Not spicy? No thanks!

put some mayo on it

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

put some mayo on it

Speaking of which, I was excited to pick up some Kewpie mayo at my local church and see what all the hype was about.

It's fine.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Posting from inside a Costco.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh my. Wish I’d discovered this a lot sooner. Holy yum. Gonna try this on my omelette for breakfast.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Cartoon Man posted:

Oh my. Wish I’d discovered this a lot sooner. Holy yum. Gonna try this on my omelette for breakfast.

Maybe I'm crazy, but that just looks like red jelly.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bad lighting in the picture, the salsa is amazing and looks like traditional salsa looks like.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If that's the kind I'm thinking I bought then it's pretty good. Has more of a "fresh" taste than things like Pace or whatever that's probably been cooked for hours.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

Cartoon Man posted:

This is a local Metro-Detroit brand salsa that was a mom and pop place. They were bought by Campbell's a few years ago and their distribution grew nationwide. It's the only salsa I've bought for years and they have lots of other good flavors like garlic artichoke.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Went to business center

No bitchin

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SirPablo posted:

Costco used to sell these stupid things and my daughter loved them. Haven't seen them in a while though, anyone else seen them lately?

https://www.donleefarms.com/product-page/grilled-antibiotic-free-chicken-patties

Good news, tried a different nearby Costco and they had these in stock! Blessed to live with two churches within three miles.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Those Melona popsicles are fire.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

This looks amazing, but there’s also no way I’d finish it before it went bad. I assume it’s like “use within 5 days of opening” or whatever?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

This looks amazing, but there’s also no way I’d finish it before it went bad. I assume it’s like “use within 5 days of opening” or whatever?

Split what you won't be able to eat in those 5 days up into several small portions and freeze 'em. They should last a few months in the freezer without any major issues.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Huge_Midget posted:

Those Melona popsicles are fire.

Excuse you, they are *paletas*

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Salsa goes bad???

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Salsa goes bad???

I mean, only if you don't eat it in one sitting

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Peachfart posted:

Maybe I'm crazy, but that just looks like red jelly.

Tomatoes are a fruit so it's a jam, obviously.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I keep salsa around for weeks if not longer. I haven't had a problem. Although that one is like 32oz so you might want to hurry up if you can.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I keep salsa around for weeks if not longer. I haven't had a problem. Although that one is like 32oz so you might want to hurry up if you can.

Depends on the preservatives. Fresh salsa is like max a week in the fridge.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Has, "Gourmet", "Organic" and "No :siren:artificial:siren: preservatives" on it, hard pass even if it's a good product that kind of marketing is legit harmful. Gluten free for an extra bonus there as if tomatoes have gluten in the first place. Coulda emphasized gmo free for that yuppie bingo.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

astral posted:

Split what you won't be able to eat in those 5 days up into several small portions and freeze 'em. They should last a few months in the freezer without any major issues.

costco helpfully sells a vacuum sealer that is great for smaller households to get better mileage out of those giant Costco portions. And then put them in your Costco chest freezer.

FYI though the refill rolls are different from the ones that actually come in the machine, thinner plastic, which will cause things to freezer burn faster. You can order a 6 pack of off-brand 11” rolls on amazon for like $30, I bought the name brand because I figured it would be nice and thick like the starter roll. I felt like that was a bait and switch.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jun 3, 2020

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Paul MaudDib posted:

costco helpfully sells a vacuum sealer that is great for smaller households to get better mileage out of those giant Costco portions. And then put them in your Costco chest freezer.

FYI though the refill rolls are different from the ones that actually come in the machine, thinner plastic, which will cause things to freezer burn faster. You can order a 6 pack of off-brand 11” rolls on amazon for like $30, I bought the name brand because I figured it would be nice and thick like the starter roll. I felt like that was a bait and switch.

Assuming it's a Foodsaver, did it come with Gamesaver bags or something? Those are more heavy-duty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Trastion posted:

I put it in the falafel they have for a snack, good eats