Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
The RAM-7 as a hipfire smg is nasty. I ran around shipment with 13.5” barrel, 5w later, rubber grip, 50 round and a merc grip and tore people up. I’m cranked, it was even more insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

They should lock people up who play with rpg/riot shield combo hahaha. The absolute most annoying way my team have ever died

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Bape Culture posted:

They should lock people up who play with rpg/riot shield combo hahaha. The absolute most annoying way my team have ever died

Lmaoo

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I now have two other console guys who are regularly playing WZ with me and it is a lot of fun even though we are pretty bad. Got a 12k duos win earlier tonight

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I run a 680 with dragons breath and all the hipfire stuff except laser on shipment.

apparently dragons breath isnt as good as straight up 12G but gently caress, I do not care at all. 10 rounds, VTOL in 9, with a good run around the map I can hit that.

in shipment dom i was getting 1200XP+ per kill just by clowning on dudes while standing in a capture zone.

and of course play of the game neglects it in favour of some dumbass knife throw or sniper shot :rolleye:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Play of the game is a really cool idea that seemingly no one in the games industry can actually make a good one of. Granted, it's probably a next to impossible task but it is still frustrating to absolutely slaughter some people and then PotG is some dude laying there holding the trigger on a corner with an LMG.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Orv posted:

Play of the game is a really cool idea that seemingly no one in the games industry can actually make a good one of. Granted, it's probably a next to impossible task but it is still frustrating to absolutely slaughter some people and then PotG is some dude laying there holding the trigger on a corner with an LMG.

it has potential to be cool for sure. it just seems that outright point-chain stuff is not weighted as heavily as sniper/knife OHKs.

like one of those things can and will turn the tide of a game. the other one is only interesting to the person who made the shot.

I called in a cluster strike in dom and team-wiped the enemy and we went from nearly losing by about 100pts to winning by 40 points, but the POTG was some shitlord who got 3 knife melees in a row.

final kill cam is always some really uneventful thing that in non-tdm modes should be outdone by basically any other kill. Even for TDM, its not really indicative of how the game was won, its 9/10 times its just some person with terrible recoil control displaying why they probably shouldnt have earned a kill.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Final Kill Cam is way more entertaining on average because like 90% of the time it's super dumb and you get to roast whoever got it for their poo poo aim or whatever and it's great. I hate that Play of the Game has taken this time honored CoD tradition from us (yes I know it still shows up sometimes).

Orv posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/fy9y3v/the_best_play_of_the_game_ive_seen/

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Does anyone else sometimes seem to not get XP or battle pass gain from Ground War? Sometimes the match will finsih, final scoreboard will fade out, fade into the rank screen and it's just sitting there unmoving in silence like :geno:. Is it because I'm joining matches in the middle? Or did it actually move but just not show me?

edit: For reference it's always been like this for me, not just recently with the Bnet server trouble.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jun 3, 2020

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Servers are pretty disconnect-y now, was there some maintenance scheduled ? I am sort of half remembering that there was.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

My only gripe with play of the game is that it way, way overestimates how hard it is to get multiple quick kills with a sniper rifle in this game lol. I'll happily watch someone run around like a lunatic getting a 5-kill knife streak but watching some goober quickscope a few people is completely unimpressive.

Orv
May 4, 2011

priznat posted:

Servers are pretty disconnect-y now, was there some maintenance scheduled ? I am sort of half remembering that there was.

A couple hours ago would have been the start of season four, might be they just didn't reschedule whatever maintenance there was.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I think a good change to this game would be removing that garbage cowboy cop skin

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Macaluso posted:

I think a good change to this game would be removing that garbage cowboy cop skin

Yeah the border cop skin + maga tag + ok gesture is really getting some mileage out of this game's incredibly lovely playerbase.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jun 3, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Finally ditched semtex for the C4 meta and I constantly gently caress up and throw a second one out instead of blowing the first one off because of the control change. Just totally fucks with my muscle memory.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How do you even get the skins that look like racecar driver jumpsuits? Buy them? I instinctively hate anyone I see with it

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

How do you even get the skins that look like racecar driver jumpsuits? Buy them? I instinctively hate anyone I see with it

They are pro team colours.

They are almost always used by people completely terrible at the game.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Does anyone else sometimes seem to not get XP or battle pass gain from Ground War? Sometimes the match will finsih, final scoreboard will fade out, fade into the rank screen and it's just sitting there unmoving in silence like :geno:. Is it because I'm joining matches in the middle? Or did it actually move but just not show me?

edit: For reference it's always been like this for me, not just recently with the Bnet server trouble.

Yeah this fixes if you restart the game.

UI seems to stop updating after a couple of matches but it still records XP in the background.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Holy poo poo is the VLK Rogue amazing. I unlocked it last night and ran around on Shipment 24/7 just clicking on dudes and racking up kills.

It’s my new fav shipment gun and it has decent enough range with a barrel that you don’t have to worry much on shipment

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

anybody else find themselves only playing Shoot House these days? like I consider other maps and then I just keep playing more Shoot House

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

AndrewP posted:

anybody else find themselves only playing Shoot House these days? like I consider other maps and then I just keep playing more Shoot House

idk maybe next week if there isnt a better map available

E; i lied i played like 2 rounds to gold out the oden

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

AndrewP posted:

My KD on all other maps: 0.82:1
My KD on Shoot House: 2.5:1

:shrug:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Isn't it cool how the blueprints menu doesn't show the name of the base gun

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Holy poo poo is the VLK Rogue amazing. I unlocked it last night and ran around on Shipment 24/7 just clicking on dudes and racking up kills.

It’s my new fav shipment gun and it has decent enough range with a barrel that you don’t have to worry much on shipment

I had one guy muttering curses on mic every time I got him with the rogue last night. It was wonderful.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Thought I'd just had this realization that I could use blueprints in my loadout and adjust them how I want while keeping the cool look. Can't use most blueprints in loadouts. Why the gently caress not? What's the fuckin point?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Idk what you're doing wrong because you absolutely can

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

codo27 posted:

Thought I'd just had this realization that I could use blueprints in my loadout and adjust them how I want while keeping the cool look. Can't use most blueprints in loadouts. Why the gently caress not? What's the fuckin point?

Wait what? You can use any blueprint just like in multi, you are even sharing the same loadouts. Maybe I am not understanding what you are saying though.

Orv
May 4, 2011

codo27 posted:

Edit Loadout, change gun, armory from the gun select menu, select the blueprint, change the parts. If that's not working something is massively hosed with some part of your game.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

codo27 posted:

It shows the blueprints currently for sale in the store in the armory as well, even if you haven't purchased them.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

codo27 posted:

All I know is assault rifle alpha is the kilo

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

On PC, what is the function you need to map in order to call in airstrikes?

When I get one, I hit the button to bring it up, I get the little binocular (monocular?) thing in my hand, but I cannot at all figure out which button actually calls it in, and I'm pretty sure I have all important functions mapped to a button. So what is the function I need to find and map to make that happen?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Fart Car '97 posted:

It shows the blueprints currently for sale in the store in the armory as well, even if you haven't purchased them.

That's the problem then. Just figured after 2000 hours I'd unlocked more than 1 gray or black skin for each gun

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

When I get one, I hit the button to bring it up, I get the little binocular (monocular?) thing in my hand, but I cannot at all figure out which button actually calls it in, and I'm pretty sure I have all important functions mapped to a button. So what is the function I need to find and map to make that happen?

Fire/LMB.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Don't you just aim and fire?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

codo27 posted:

That's the problem then. Just figured after 2000 hours I'd unlocked more than 1 gray or black skin for each gun

Challenges and the battle pass is where I got most of my blueprints.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Loadout I'm using this minute is m13\rpg. Kill a guy who had a mp5 I thought about taking to replace my rpg. Decide against it
10 seconds later, an idiot in a side by side comes screaming by. Boom. I love that people will never learn their lesson with vehicles

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

codo27 posted:

Yeah I'm not sure how I'm supposed to recognize what the drat guns are with all the attachments and poo poo on them

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
They tell you what the base gun is but they do it in their stupid NATO letter order thing that no one associates with any given gun

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

AndrewP posted:

Don't you just aim and fire?

Maybe? I’m sure I tried that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Maybe? I’m sure I tried that

Anything with binoculars requires you to aim then fire through the rangefinder. Anything that gives you a laser designator you can just point and click.