Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Hakarne posted:

Holy poo poo will they keep dropping their loot? OPQ system here I come!

They seem to drop more often at lower mayhem levels; at M7 I wasn’t getting anything but E-tier crap like Devoteds, but I dropped to M1 to mop up the last few achievements and suddenly every miniboss dropped a Yellowcake :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

BizarroAzrael posted:

No way to make particular underbosses show but when you reach Joey you can see which two are with him, and when you get the one you want keep killing them, then let Joey kill you, you can kill them again after respawn until you kill Joey. If you don't get one you want, restart. You have to fight an underboss at the mansion entrance again, but then you can drop down and start the Joey fight again with another pair of underbosses.

You can also fast travel to the entrance then run back to the fight if you dont't want to lose $$$

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Y’all went so far out of your way with advice and then he spawned on the porch and I took him out right there :sweatdrop: Thanks anyway!

At any rate, after that I bumped back up to M7 and the drop rates returned to bullshit.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Sex Hobbit posted:

Y’all went so far out of your way with advice and then he spawned on the porch and I took him out right there :sweatdrop: Thanks anyway!

At any rate, after that I bumped back up to M7 and the drop rates returned to bullshit.

Weird, I'll try that (I was doing it on M6). The Mayhem level effects the chance of getting an anointment, right? Although getting more would probably more than offset that.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I'm wondering if Cartel content won't remain when the event ends in some fashion. Obviously we won't be able to get decoder rings anymore but there's a fast travel on Joey's Planet. Heck is gated by only being reachable by the portal. Maybe you will be just blocked by the gate but that seems odd with the precedent set.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm wondering if Cartel content won't remain when the event ends in some fashion. Obviously we won't be able to get decoder rings anymore but there's a fast travel on Joey's Planet. Heck is gated by only being reachable by the portal. Maybe you will be just blocked by the gate but that seems odd with the precedent set.

I already tried to get there with just fast travel; without decoder rings you can’t open the gate.

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

Hakarne posted:

Ideally I'd like 1 good one for Zane and Fl4k as those are the only characters I really care for.

What anointments should I look for for Zane and Fl4k? And preferably is there one that's really good for both. I haven't played since before the first dlc so I'm kinda overwhelmed.

Also anything else I should get before it disappears forever?

Edit: Also is there a good guide of guns I should make sure not to destroy now? I'm churning through stuff and just trying to throw it in my bank to look up later, would be nice to know what does more than tickle enemies.
It's such a powerful gun with the gun drones it launches, but if you're looking to specialize for Zane and or Fl4k you probably want any anointment that can help regen the secondary ammo. If you have anything like that active on a character you have the possiblity of being able to launch up to 3 extra of the gun drones (depending on how fast you can get that regen going).
Having 4 floating guns, plus Zane with OPQ, plus his digiclone (with another OPQ due to the final skill in the orange tree) plus the drone flying around, is pretty hilarious.

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

BizarroAzrael posted:

So far the only "content" that they've said players will be able to continue to get is appropriate anointments on items aside from those that came with the Cartel event.
edit: to be more clear, Cartel event introduced some anointments on various items that weren't previously available. Those particular anointments will remain part of the game's anointment pool for items that players can still get.

PoopinClumpin fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 4, 2020

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Seems the Takedown update is being pushed back:

https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/1268338343806242816?s=19

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

When does Revenge of the Cartels end exactly? Is it going through tomorrow or is it done on the 4th? My google-fu is failing me.

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

Hakarne posted:

When does Revenge of the Cartels end exactly? Is it going through tomorrow or is it done on the 4th? My google-fu is failing me.

Seemingly due to white font on black background who knows? It was meant to be an update usually pushed at midnight through steam/epic, etc. But it's unclear if they mean they're postponing all updates, or if it's some political statement about how we can't have the new Takedown DLC until there is peace on earth. Also don't forget black lives matter ?
This is what happens when you let your marketing group get taken over by a bunch of people who have no idea how to communicate with customers and put politics before everything else.

I think it's supposed to say "you filthy gamers are probably all white supremacists, at least that 's what we heard on twitter, so until black lives matter in actuality, per our standards, we will withhold game updates; unless stakeholders find out we're wasting money"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PoopinClumpin fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 4, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
cartels ending is postponed as well

https://twitter.com/GearboxOfficial/status/1268344509215248386?s=20

Angela Merkle Tree
Jan 4, 2012

the definition of open: "mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make"
College Slice

i'm sorry a civil uprising interrupted your video game

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Sex Hobbit posted:

They seem to drop more often at lower mayhem levels; at M7 I wasn’t getting anything but E-tier crap like Devoteds, but I dropped to M1 to mop up the last few achievements and suddenly every miniboss dropped a Yellowcake :shrug:

Circling back to this, I found the drop rate to be equally mediocre regardless of difficulty :v:. Also, farm at the highest Mayhem you can handle with those because there are pretty big differences in power potential based on Mayhem level. For example, I farmed a bunch on M7 and my OPQs were in the ~6k dmg range and my yellowcakes were ~30k dmg. I cranked it up to M10 and got a 9.2k dmg OPQ (with a 300/90 anointment!) and a 40k yellowcake.

Also, I'll say again it's really dumb that they're getting rid of the best weapons in the game when this update goes. They should put it in the generic loot pool. My brain is broken and I feel like it's necessary to farm this incessantly for the good stuff before it's gone ~forever~.

Edit:

Uh I just wanted to know if it was gonna be at like midnight or something. Now I feel bad that my post in any way contributed to having this inflicted on the thread

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jun 4, 2020

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

Hakarne posted:

Circling back to this, I found the drop rate to be equally mediocre regardless of difficulty :v:. Also, farm at the highest Mayhem you can handle with those because there are pretty big differences in power potential based on Mayhem level. For example, I farmed a bunch on M7 and my OPQs were in the ~6k dmg range and my yellowcakes were ~30k dmg. I cranked it up to M10 and got a 9.2k dmg OPQ (with a 300/90 anointment!) and a 40k yellowcake.

Also, I'll say again it's really dumb that they're getting rid of the best weapons in the game when this update goes. They should put it in the generic loot pool. My brain is broken and I feel like it's necessary to farm this incessantly for the good stuff before it's gone ~forever~.

Edit:

Uh I just wanted to know if it was gonna be at like midnight or something. Now I feel bad that my post in any way contributed to having this inflicted on the thread

I have postponed the update and run prior stuff but just keeping steam running and the game instance not updated. That's the best you're prolly able to do. Eventually you'll need to update.. but look dude, none of these items from the Cartel event are really necessary. Guns like the Krakatoa are more fun to play with for example and you can get them from the base game (farm Ravager boss)still.

PoopinClumpin fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jun 4, 2020

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Just use the Lob and invest a few skill points in something that returns a percentage of damage as health.

You can clear anything in the game, that way.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

PoopinClumpin posted:

I have postponed the update and run prior stuff but just keeping steam running and the game instance not updated. That's the best you're prolly able to do. Eventually you'll need to update.. but look dude, none of these items from the Cartel event are really necessary. Guns like the Krakatoa are more fun to play with for example and you can get them from the base game (farm Ravager boss)still.

Thanks for that. I'm actually running it through the Epic store still so I just disabled auto updates so that should do it. That should let me farm it for as long as I want, right?

And I realize they're not necessary, but the OPQ in particular is a variant of my all-time favorite gun. Those Atlas ARs are the weapons I store at different levels in my bank for when I level alts. So I want to make sure I have some good ones!

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 4, 2020

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

Hakarne posted:

That should let me farm it for as long as I want, right?
I think so? Eventually you'll need to update if you want the latest content ( though given gearbox's political hilariousity IDK how much you care)

Hakarne posted:

That should let me farm it for as long as I want, right?
the OPQ in particular is a variant of my all-time favorite gun.
You'll probably be able to farm at least 1 OPQ before the end of the event if you start right now, without epic store methods of defraying updates. IDK how that system updates compared to steam but I've been running the same instance of BL3 for at least 5 days only playing off and on a few hours.
edit: if you're able to set it up based on a characters campaign location. the run up to Anvil (the jail) on Eden6 seems to be a very useful place to grab the 30 items you need to open the Cartel gate.. It's a linear area and spawns the beacon enemies you need very regularly without having to run around everywhere; in fact sometimes you'll find grinding this spot will spawn the underbosses you want to get you the weapon you want without even needing to do the Cartel mission.

PoopinClumpin fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 4, 2020

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Guts of Carnivora is the best place I've found to farm the decoder rings and usually get 2-3 cartel underbosses. You can get everything done in the first room. The one trial map that has bandits is also good, and you can usually get all 30 in a run through Athena if you want to add a Traunt farm for Kaosun in.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Listerine posted:

Guts of Carnivora is the best place I've found to farm the decoder rings and usually get 2-3 cartel underbosses. You can get everything done in the first room. The one trial map that has bandits is also good, and you can usually get all 30 in a run through Athena if you want to add a Traunt farm for Kaosun in.

Athenas has been my main jam for a while. I have that poo poo down to a science. Although I have noticed in the past week or so that I get 28 or 29 rings and then the guys stop showing up so I have to reload the map.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Listerine posted:

Konrads hold is my spot, kill mr goonies and savequit before leaving that room and retry, takes about a minute from start to that point to clear all the enemies out. Each run is about 2 minutes, so 2 full runs per 30 rings at most maybe 4-5 minutes being generous.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
The Scraptrap Nest is my decoder ring farm. On a good run you can get 4-5 cartel bosses.

Although I did finally get my 300/90 Yellowcake, so I've somewhat lost the desire to farm the event.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Tonight’s report: 21 rings + Josie Byte in the first fight area of the Grand Opening alone. I fought all the way to the Spendipticon gate on M7; the only legendary drop was a single Boomer :colbert:

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

And there, till Christ call forth the dead,
In silence let him lie:
No need to waste the foolish tear,
Or heave the windy sigh:
The man had killed the thing he loved,
And so he had to die.

Listerine posted:

Scrapclaps in the Compactor provide an endless source. Just run out to the very end of the container on the way out BUT don't jump down, everything resets.

The little guys are no threat and summon heaps of Cartel troops and if you have trouble with Prime, just reset.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I farmed the cartel boss room for like 3 hours today and didn't get anything noteworthy and then this loving thing drops while I'm heading to Traunt:

(sorry for the potato pic)

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

hamsystem posted:

I farmed the cartel boss room for like 3 hours today and didn't get anything noteworthy and then this loving thing drops while I'm heading to Traunt:

(sorry for the potato pic)

I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten all my Yellowcakes and OPQs on Athenas and nothing but crap at the Villa.

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

Sex Hobbit posted:

I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten all my Yellowcakes and OPQs on Athenas and nothing but crap at the Villa.

It's almost like the game is 100% based on RNG. (All of my decent Yellowcake drops have come only from the Villa bosses in their natural habitat.)

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

I haven't seen it posted here so I wanted to point it out; Tyrone Smallums miniboss in the Cartel event has a known issue where he can become invincible if you deal killing DPS to him during his transformation animation. https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands/comments/gb4te9/tyrone_smallums_invincibility/ sorry for linking Reddit but it was the most concise explanation of the problem.

I didn't notice it until I was farming the end segment of the Cartel map, and 5x in a row I just could NOT kill Tyrone Smallums no matter what I did. He was walking around shooting me with 0 health and shields.
Turns out if you kill him first and save the Tenderizer for second, you won't have the same problem (they seem to always tend to spawn together). Prior to this I was likely not dealing so much DPS that could trigger the invulnerability issue.

edit: by the way, since it hasn't been pointed out here yet. For anyone late to the Cartel event farming party, Gearbox is using the current political situation (seemingly without any shame whatsoever) to postpone game updates including the removal of the Cartel event which was scheduled for June 4. They confirmed this event will remain live until the next official patch.

PoopinClumpin fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jun 7, 2020

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Yeah that's happened to me a few times but I just die and come back and usually don't trigger it the second time so you must have had a bit of bad luck with that 5x run.

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

Listerine posted:

Yeah that's happened to me a few times but I just die and come back and usually don't trigger it the second time so you must have had a bit of bad luck with that 5x run.

I think if it had happened out in the world I wouldn't have even noticed. But yeah I got the same spawn at least 5x in a row and by the 3rd time I was searching for either mechanics I didn't know about or problems with the game. Of course it's just lovely programming.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/borderlands/status/1271079860908089345?s=21
Pretty beefy update! Mayhem levels are going to be on item cards, and as I expected, the Kaoson and Yellowcake (among others) are getting nerfed. Lots of buffs for other SMGs though!

also lol that they posted a gameplay preview for DLC3 yesterday (?) and no one cares, not one loving soul

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 11, 2020

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

lol Joltzdude just ran the new takedown and got exactly no new items from the final boss in front of 4k viewers.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I think I'm still gonna wait until they feel like they've fixed MH2.

Then I will play it and complain that they still haven't balanced the game.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

hi liter posted:

lol Joltzdude just ran the new takedown and got exactly no new items from the final boss in front of 4k viewers.

:hellyeah: This is the change we are looking to seeeeeeeeeeeee

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
He's got some fancy version of the game, right? Could they not have buffed his drop rates or guaranteed he got some hot poo poo new gun?

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

The content did look fun though. Just, uh, the gameplay loop seems real broken still!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
yellowcake was literally broken

"We discovered an unfortunate issue with the Yellowcake that effectively added an extra 100% damage beyond its intended output. We are fixing it today."

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Rinkles posted:

yellowcake was literally broken

"We discovered an unfortunate issue with the Yellowcake that effectively added an extra 100% damage beyond its intended output. We are fixing it today."

I believe by literally halving the damage stat.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I’m doing the takedown now with an M7 OPQ, on M2, and the first area alone almost emptied my maxed-out AR ammo. gently caress’s sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

Overall I think I like the rebalancing of the mayhem modes, at least for regular non-farming gameplay is pretty good. I was struggling hard in mayhem 9-10 before (as is appropriate I think) but now it's a little less difficult than it was before (despite the nerfs of the Yellowcake and OPQ). And mayhem 3-5 feels like a fun way to play the campaign or DLC with a bit of a challenge if the character is already at level 57. I think this patch is a good step in the right direction.