Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
so i've found out that during the day my body really wants to work around the house fixing stuff and woodworking, then at night it's tired and my brain is actually willing to engage with writing code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
For like last 6 months I've been thinking about turning a part of my garage into a woodworking area and start making things the oldschool traditional way, squaring my boards with jack planes, wood glue and traditional joints instead of screws, and doing everything by hand. Really wish I would have bought some planes before everything went to hell.

That being said, I had some contractors come out last week and fix the awning over my porch (it was rotted and the siding was coming off), and now I've been beautifying the front by stripping the front door, repainting it, replacing the storm door, and repainting the posts out front. Been keeping me busy, I always forget how much I like doing these kinds of projects when it's nice out.

Also my old man's back has gone bad again (he's gotten several surgeries on his spine), so me and my brother and step brother are rotating lawn care responsibilities each week for him because doing things like "bending over" is out of the question for awhile. It's 2 acres of lawn, but at least he has a zero-turn lawn mower and a commercial grade 4-stroke stihl weed trimmer that I'm jealous of. Still takes like 3 hours of work to do everything, but cruising around in a giant riding lawn mower with a 72" deck and a beer in the cupholder, headphones on, in 90 degree weather isn't too bad.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
woah didn’t know lowtax had a son. can you get me some free SA merch?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

woah didn’t know lowtax had a son. can you get me some free SA merch?

lol

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/AdamWagner1/status/1267105533351297025

apparently the uk banned loving if you don't live with your partner? i seem to have lost the plot somewhere here in 2020

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it was already banned if you were following the social distancing regulations though? literally all of them say "you must remain six feet away from anyone who doesn't live in your household." they didn't make exceptions for sex.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

it was already banned if you were following the social distancing regulations though? literally all of them say "you must remain six feet away from anyone who doesn't live in your household." they didn't make exceptions for sex.

you could meet privately still, and it wasn't something they were following up on. now they are

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well, the SF ordinance didn't/doesn't allow private meetings with friends and family either. no interactions closer than six feet with anyone who does not live in your house.

they aren't enforcing it on anyone being remotely reasonable, in the same way that the UK i am sure will not actually enforce this law that nominally says No Sex but is obviously not intended that way despite what the chickens little on twitter are saying

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 1, 2020

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Broken Machine posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamWagner1/status/1267105533351297025

apparently the uk banned loving if you don't live with your partner? i seem to have lost the plot somewhere here in 2020

what a terrible idea since they're already running out of cum

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

uk 2020: horny is illegal

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the steller's jay that likes visiting my balcony has figured out that, while he's too big to stand on the bird feeder with the little chickadees, he can totally jump up at the feeder and knock some seeds out with his beak and then eat them off the ground

smart bird

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the steller's jay that likes visiting my balcony has figured out that, while he's too big to stand on the bird feeder with the little chickadees, he can totally jump up at the feeder and knock some seeds out with his beak and then eat them off the ground

smart bird

my local stellar’s jay squawks at me in the morning if his feeder is empty

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://imgur.com/a/3N9y1Ou

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

yesterday i had a big wild turkey come over for seeds. i put some out on the ground in case she comes back

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i love that little move where he picks up the one that's about to roll off the edge and puts it back :3:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Roosevelt posted:

yesterday i had a big wild turkey come over for seeds. i put some out on the ground in case she comes back

Be careful those guys can be nasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YiAt4yt0sE

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

DELETE CASCADE posted:

smart bird

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

well, the SF ordinance didn't/doesn't allow private meetings with friends and family either. no interactions closer than six feet with anyone who does not live in your house.

they aren't enforcing it on anyone being remotely reasonable, in the same way that the UK i am sure will not actually enforce this law that nominally says No Sex but is obviously not intended that way despite what the chickens little on twitter are saying

on the other hand, anything that gives cops an excuse to invade your home and/or harass you sucks rear end.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

also it's a good illustration of how slapdash and poorly considered some of these temporary laws / orders are. if they didn't mean to ban people practicing safe sex they should clarify that

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i dont do well under occupation

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
Had my Grandma's funeral. The COVID took her. I was able to speak to her for just a few moments on the phone though she couldn't answer. My mom and aunts were also exposed. They made it through their quarantine period without getting symptoms. For now.

I came home with some artifacts of hers that remind me of being with her working on the farm.

Call your loved ones while you have a chance.

Started touching computers again today. Told my manager I feel like poo poo and it's hard to be productive. He's being supportive.

Scud Hansen fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 2, 2020

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
Found a ton of great family photos and scanned them. My Grandma would not want to be posted on a forum of perverts but here is a pic her Dad, my Great Grandfather.

He and his wife came to Washington state in covered wagons. He drove a 40 horse team, pulling big agricultural harvesters around.

Now I touch computers.

Scud Hansen fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 2, 2020

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

What, you can't have sex from six feet away? Pfft

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Scud Hansen posted:

Found a ton of great family photos and scanned them. My Grandma would not want to be posted on a forum of perverts but here is a pic her Dad, my Great Grandfather.

He and his wife came to Washington state in covered wagons. He drove a 40 horse team, pulling big agricultural harvesters around.

Now I touch computers.

that is a good dog and i can respect a man thatll pose with his dog in a jacket that cool

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Agile Vector posted:

that is a good dog and i can respect a man thatll pose with his dog in a jacket that cool
that is indeed a baller jacket

and im sorry for your loss scud hansen

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
Appreciate the sympathy. Sometimes you just need to post.

I don't have any details about that very, very stout dog but I do like him.

Other family photos included a series of dogs, one of whom was apparently named Snuffy III. Is that Snuffy Sr? Who were the other dogs? The people clamor for answers.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

sweet jacket, sweet dog, homeboy has my seal of approval

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Scud Hansen posted:

He’s being supportive.

:unsmith:

goonsolencss

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

ah, so this is why they don't allow you to hunt turkeys with flamethrowers

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I took the rest of the week off because I can’t concentrate on or care about work at all

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I took the rest of the week off because I can’t concentrate on or care about work at all

As the youths say, Big Mood

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the kids just started daycare back up and now i'm all OOHHHHHH THAT'S why everyone likes wfh

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

mess with the honk u get the bonk

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Scud Hansen posted:

As the youths say, Big Mood

I was doing alright for a few months but I feel like I'm unraveling pretty hard this week

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Asleep Style posted:

I was doing alright for a few months but I feel like I'm unraveling pretty hard this week

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Asleep Style posted:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Asleep Style posted:

I took monday off due to extreme brain exhaustion

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
honestly it’s been a slow downhill slide since my last project got canceled and I’ve had to scramble to find new work from home and it’s really come to a break in the past week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
it’s going to be really weird to go back to work; I think I’ve been out since like early February but I don’t even remember anymore

whenever that happens