Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jammy if you are town somehow you can no longer be called #1 da best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ugh wouldn't scum at least have put a vote someplace?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ugh wouldn't scum at least have put a vote someplace?

like ypm has? are you concerned about steak?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

i don't know why I said ypm, I literally asked about steak in the next phrase

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

like ypm has? are you concerned about steak?

I think steak putting that vote down early is a little sus, yeah. Jammy is worse overall but would he be so checked out as scum to not even have a vote down on a day when he was a likely candidate?

I hate mafia sometimes

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Jamuraan (2): Hal Incandenza, Sandwolf
Hal Incandenza (1): Mr. Steak
Your Personal Muse (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (2): Jamuraan, Your Personal Muse

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 02nd, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 minutes.

It isn't over yet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh come on now

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote Jam

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

just make a case already votefinder gently caress

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hammer emoji

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Votecount for Day 6

Jamuraan (3): Hal Incandenza, Sandwolf, Your Personal Muse
Hal Incandenza (1): Mr. Steak
Your Personal Muse (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (1): Jamuraan

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 02nd, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

It isn't over yet.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Five were left alive in this strange, desolate town. The amount of death they had endured was staggering, but they were not yet allowed to rest. Any hope of them returning to their previous lives had faded, day by day.

Of course, one among them had arrived entirely without hope. The Crestfallen Warrior had been content to spend his days in Majula as he had spent his miserable life for as long as he could remember - sitting in the Firelink Shrine. Idly complaining at anyone who passed by, entirely unphased by the murders and sacrifice that had filled their days. No man could truly be that apathetic, could he? It had to be a facade, a simple way to hide a deeply-buried bloodlust that only shone under the light of the moon.

He didn't resist. Didn't defend himself. Simply smiled wryly as they dragged him into the bonfire.

"I think you've done me a favor…"

He was simply crestfallen, after all.

Jamuraan - The Crestfallen Warrior, Town-aligned vanilla, was executed on Day 6.

Y'all know the drill, get your night actions in quickly, please. Future day phases will be shortened to two (2) days barring objection from the majority of living players, I know real life is wild right now.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Of course it couldn't have been that easy. It took them a while to find Greirat's corpse. The thief was tiny, curled up in an obscure corner. If it wasn't for the viscous stab wounds, his miserable form could have been mistaken for someone who'd Hollowed from despair.

"I've gone and run my course, haven't I?"

Though most had naturally treated the pickpocket with suspicion, at first, it soon became clear that the young man was harmless, eager to please. Maybe his charm kept him alive for this long, maybe it was simply his keen stealthy instincts. Either way, his luck had finally run out.

Three Undead stood around the bonfire, still presided over by the Herald and Firekeeper. They both stepped forward.

"The flame is nearly sated."

"One more sacrifice, and the curse on this town will be broken."

"Whoever survives will be sent back to the time and place from whence you came." With that, they fell silent, the ever-impartial observers.

One last choice to make.

Sandwolf - Greirat, Town-Aligned Compulsive Visitor, was killed on Night 6.

Again, this phase will last two days instead of the standard three. The players may petition me for an extension if they think it's truly necessary. Good luck.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

Not Voting (3): Hal Incandenza, Mr. Steak, Your Personal Muse

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 05th, 2020 at 3 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 14 hours.

It isn't over yet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

gently caress you scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as expected

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ypm, tell us who you targeted

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and before you answer, i did not see anybody visit sandwolf

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(nor did i watch him.)
i just dont want you to be able to hide behind that claim as scum. but i also don't want to be accused of lying and ruin lylo, in case you do claim you targeted him. BUT if you do say you targeted sandwolf i'll be extremely sus of that decision tbh

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'll just say it first, i guess.

i targeted ypm and saw nobody.

as for why i didnt target sandwolf, i was hoping scum would be scared of my watch ability and also think i would watch him for being towniest.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Targeting ypm seems very odd, that seems like the least likely kill to me

That being said, steak killing sandwolf seems odd since sandwolf was much hotter on ypm and I was on steak so you'd think steak wanted me dead over ypm

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hal Incandenza posted:

Targeting ypm seems very odd, that seems like the least likely kill to me

That being said, steak killing sandwolf seems odd since sandwolf was much hotter on ypm and I was on steak so you'd think steak wanted me dead over ypm

lets just wait for ypm to claim. and im assuming you visited sandwolf either way, so lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh and that reminds me of another reason i didnt target sandwolf. i'd either see you (hal) and theres a possibility of ypm ninja-ing, or i see both of you and, well, it could be either of you.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that said, i realized seeing the kill wasnt really a priority for me, since it's evidently lylo and claiming a watch result would amount to no more than stating my intended person to target

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I rolecopped Steak as a watcher last night. I figured he was because he had called my cheese visit but I wanted to make sure. Doesn’t change my opinion.

##vote Steak

The setup, Steak’s play, and Steak’s night action choices means it has to be Steak. Please forgive me if I make any mistakes in facts, I’m doing this on a phone over a long period of time and I really can’t go back and double check everything right now.

The setup

Steak being town watcher means that town had a tracker, watcher, and back up watcher/tracker in addition to a jailer and a confirmed town. In exchange, scum really didn’t get anything to counter. It makes much more sense that scum got a watcher to be able to snuff out all of the power roles while having a semi godfather.

As a note, I did not receive the one shot information when I rolecopped people. For example, I just received that cheese was a compulsive serial killer when I rolecopped him. So for all I know, Steak could have one shots that would be undetectable.

Hal as a town compulsive visitor makes much more sense with the setup than a scum compulsive visitor. I don’t know how a scum compulsive visitor would even work.

Steak’s play
Didn’t do much to go after scum. Toal did not mention Steak at all except for a weird post where Toal said he was joking when he follow Steak and voted me instead of the SK. I think that it’s easy to wave away Steak’s play here because it’s Steak but if you actually look at it, he’s always in the shadows and never making a scene, trying not to draw attention to himself while riding the watcher claim.

Steak’s night action choices

I already voiced my opinions over the cheese watch and I won’t do it again. The choice to watch Toal a bunch of times also doesn’t make any sense.

Him “watching” me last night is incredibly scummy and makes no sense unless he’s scum who wanted to watch the person who would be least likely to be visited. No matter who the nk target was, there were going to be four visits. That means that Steak, as scum, would be looking to choose the person least likely to be visited because Steak wouldn’t be able to watch (assuming, of course, that scum can only nk and not do any other actions if they are doing the nk). Hal and Sand had a history of visiting each other, and it seemed guaranteed they would continue to do that. In fact, if they didn’t visit each other, and someone else died, that implicates Hal and Sand. So if Steak wanted to confirm visits last night, he would’ve visited Hal or Sand.

But he didn’t, he “watched” me, the least likely person to be visited. It doesn’t make any sense unless he was trying to increase the odds as much as possible that his watch claim wouldn’t be refuted.

That’s all probably rambling and unreadable but I have to work and refuse to edit.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well that confirms ypm is scum, because there's no way he'd choose to rolecop me. he already knew i'd "guessed" he visited cheese, AND he very clearly knew his opinion wouldn't change at all from targeting me. he chose me as a target KNOWING it was the lowest-information option

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
time to come out with it. i actually watched hal. and i only saw sandwolf. to me, that confirms ypm as scum because hal was the only conceivable person he would have chosen to rolecop as scum. i was trying to bait ypm into lying that he chose to visit hal, because that'd be a slam dunk, but boo, he didn't fall for it

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Steak posted:

well that confirms ypm is scum, because there's no way he'd choose to rolecop me. he already knew i'd "guessed" he visited cheese, AND he very clearly knew his opinion wouldn't change at all from targeting me. he chose me as a target KNOWING it was the lowest-information option

I’m scummy if I chose Sand but scummy if I chose you. You’re right, should’ve chose Hal, who I rolecopped already.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Steak posted:

time to come out with it. i actually watched hal. and i only saw sandwolf. to me, that confirms ypm as scum because hal was the only conceivable person he would have chosen to rolecop as scum. i was trying to bait ypm into lying that he chose to visit hal, because that'd be a slam dunk, but boo, he didn't fall for it

Again, I already rolecopped Hal day 1, not sure why I would do that

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Your Personal Muse posted:

I’m scummy if I chose Sand but scummy if I chose you. You’re right, should’ve chose Hal, who I rolecopped already.

oh lol i completely forgot about that, or i never would have suspected him. that makes this even easier. since i highly doubt compulsive visitor would be the name of a scum role

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well, "forgot" isnt the right word since you made it as unnoticeable as possible, and refused to repeat your night actions in an easy to read format

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it still doesnt make sense to target me. when i said it'd be sus if you targeted sandwolf i was bluffing, it really wouldnt (especially after i'd announced its suspicious). i was just trying to manipulate your claim

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Steak posted:

oh lol i completely forgot about that, or i never would have suspected him. that makes this even easier. since i highly doubt compulsive visitor would be the name of a scum role

Yeah my dude which is why I’m voting you. And I’m pretty sure we had this conversation, you and me, already. You are just trying to pull a gotcha on me. None of your action are actually scumhunting.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Steak posted:

well, "forgot" isnt the right word since you made it as unnoticeable as possible, and refused to repeat your night actions in an easy to read format

You on night one because I can never read you.

PQ on night two because I was trying to figure out why PQ would throw suspicion on me visiting you (came back vanilla)

Xopods on night three. I still thought (and frankly still think) he manufactured his case on me.

Cheese on night four for obvious reasons.

In response to Hal asking me to claim. You just bumbled your fakeclaim.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The setup

Steak being town watcher means that town had a tracker, watcher, and back up watcher/tracker in addition to a jailer and a confirmed town. In exchange, scum really didn’t get anything to counter. It makes much more sense that scum got a watcher to be able to snuff out all of the power roles while having a semi godfather.

As a note, I did not receive the one shot information when I rolecopped people. For example, I just received that.

compulsive visitors balance town watchers and trackers. and we had 2 of them

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^i only meant to quote the 1 paragraph

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steak’s play
Didn’t do much to go after scum. Toal did not mention Steak at all except for a weird post where Toal said he was joking when he follow Steak and voted me instead of the SK. I think that it’s easy to wave away Steak’s play here because it’s Steak but if you actually look at it, he’s always in the shadows and never making a scene, trying not to draw attention to himself while riding the watcher claim.

my play this game was extremely contrary to my meta, regardless of alignment. thats because i lurked incredibly hard and didnt pay a lot of attention to the posts i did manage to read. i feel bad about that, but if you think me being scum would *ever* be the reason for that, you're delusional. yes, maybe i'm scum and also coincidentally checked out. but to claim one would be the cause of the other is a blatant (and in your case, intentional) misrepresentation of me as a player

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

In response to Hal asking me to claim. You just bumbled your fakeclaim.

Which part is bumbled?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeah my dude which is why I’m voting you. And I’m pretty sure we had this conversation, you and me, already. You are just trying to pull a gotcha on me. None of your action are actually scumhunting.

if i was trying for a gotcha, i'd say i saw you visit sandwolf lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
which tbh, i have to admit i was considering lying and saying that. if i'd remembered hal is confirmed "compulsive visitor", i probably would have