Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Asleep Style posted:

I was doing alright for a few months but I feel like I'm unraveling pretty hard this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I got a priority 1 "everything is on fire" phone call before I had even put my glasses on this morning and it was literally just for one person's VPN loving up but apparently they went to someone who wears fancy suits and has a new porsche every model year instead of calling the service desk

think it might be time for a nap

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
Have an agonizing toothache and can't be seen til tomorrow.

Really need to get some work done but can barely think straight with how bad it hurts. Going to try Tylenol with the Ibuprofen and see if that helps.

Also feel phlegmy and convinced it's my lungs filling with goop as the Rona takes me before lunchtime.

Got Standup in 5 minutes.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Asleep Style posted:

I was doing alright for a few months but I feel like I'm unraveling pretty hard this week

A couple weeks ago I took off work entirely and I think that break is really keeping me going at the moment. Everybody else seems to be crashing pretty hard right now. More than half of the people I have talked to over the past couple days are taking time off soon.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

we went camping monday night. it was good to get away from insanity at least for a little bit

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Roosevelt posted:

we went camping monday night. it was good to get away from insanity at least for a little bit

good dog

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I want to camping so badly but i know every campground will be a hellhole and primitive camping on BLM land would be lonely and depressing

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Asleep Style posted:

same living in the middle of a Free Speech Zone under nearly constant helicopter is wearing me very thin very fast

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

school's ouuuut for summer and now we have a curfew in the evening hours when i like to go ride my bike because it's cool so instead i am cleaning the poo poo out of my apartment. gotta do stuff.

i wanted to get some more of those nice clean white ikea storage boxes, but earliest delivery is july 7th lol and the drive-in pickup system is 100% swamped. every single store has said they have no slots available for the last three days i've tried it.

so last night i opened up three different orders with the three ikeas in the vicinity and set an autoclicker script to attempt each one in sequence all night long. woke up this morning and i got a spot and i just need to drive to sacramento to pick them up.

consumerism finds a way

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
actually primitive camping on blm land sounds good right now but I’m a natural hermit so

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it took me a second to figure out what blm meant in this context

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

actually primitive camping on blm land sounds good right now but I’m a natural hermit so

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

haveblue posted:

it took me a second to figure out what blm meant in this context

our demands: give all blm land to blm

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

big lusty manatees

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

our demands: give all blm land to blm

they’ll just take away again as soon as someone find gold or oil or something else useful

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Thanks for the support friends. On one hand it's nice to know I'm not alone, on the other I wish you all were doing better also

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Asleep Style posted:

Weather finally got nice here and I want to do anything but work.

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

Roosevelt posted:

hefty stout boy

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

school's ouuuut for summer and now we have a curfew in the evening hours when i like to go ride my bike because it's cool so instead i am cleaning the poo poo out of my apartment. gotta do stuff.

i wanted to get some more of those nice clean white ikea storage boxes, but earliest delivery is july 7th lol and the drive-in pickup system is 100% swamped. every single store has said they have no slots available for the last three days i've tried it.

so last night i opened up three different orders with the three ikeas in the vicinity and set an autoclicker script to attempt each one in sequence all night long. woke up this morning and i got a spot and i just need to drive to sacramento to pick them up.

consumerism finds a way

i find it very interesting that ikea is basically not set up at all for shipping, despite the fact that it's drat near all flatpack. their entire business is designed to drag your rear end through the store as much as possible.

there's a nightstand i was looking at but the only ikea nearby (lol ~1 hour drive at best) is still closed even for pickups. shipping is estimated to take three weeks. ikea works in weird ways i guess.

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
I always thought that was really weird. It's a pain in the rear end to get things shipped from Ikea and almost nothing is ever in stock. Why?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i think they're so hell bent on getting you to go through a physical store (so you end up buying more poo poo than planned) that they simply don't have their logistics set up for it. i'd bet everything is optimized for stocking the stores, not shipping small amounts of items to individual customers.

it kinda makes sense, but you'd think it wouldn't be that much more overhead or effort to have some decent shipping options, and it looks especially dumb now with covid grinding everything to a halt

it isn't just the furniture that is cheap, but their operations as well

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i mean you are literally the picker they employ for zero dollars if you buy any furniture that's actually on the racks. it's not a stretch at all to theorize that the current modus operandi is very hard for them to execute

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol topical

its that one SCP!

https://twitter.com/damo_war/status/1268265909581500418

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

i mean you are literally the picker they employ for zero dollars if you buy any furniture that's actually on the racks. it's not a stretch at all to theorize that the current modus operandi is very hard for them to execute

exactly. even if you're buying something they have in-house but needs a forklift to get to or something that would easily tack on an additional hour or two while they fetch it, and in-person getting it set for delivery had you set a delivery date weeks in advance

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
lol @ all those continuously hosed over parcel workers now having to deliver your heavy rear end awkwardly packaged flat pack crap

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the kids just started daycare back up and now i'm all OOHHHHHH THAT'S why everyone likes wfh

lol. this was me on monday

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Jonny 290 posted:

Disruption! Ukea: pay Ikea store shoppers to pick for online orders.

Who do I speak to to get internet dollars?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

aw gently caress I forgot about that one

time to get lost reading SCPs for the rest of the workday :cheers:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

looking forward to your next trip to florida i see

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

TerminalRaptor posted:

Disruption! Ukea: pay Ikea store shoppers to pick for online orders.

Who do I speak to to get internet dollars?

they already have a deal with taskrabbit to do this iirc

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

qirex posted:

they already have a deal with taskrabbit to do this iirc

Soo you're telling me I don't get the VC money?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
you can probably get someone to give you enough money that you can burn it undercutting taskrabbit for a while. long enough to sign a deal with ikea and cash out

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Asleep Style posted:

same except barely hanging on for the past 2 months and now i'm fully past it and just hosed up real bad

but at least the weather is getting nicer

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

lol. this was me on monday

we had to sign up at a new place. just heard from the old place that they're not opening back up until FALL lmao

guess we're writing off those sheets/pillow/changes of clothes that're stuck there

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

lol @ all those continuously hosed over parcel workers now having to deliver your heavy rear end awkwardly packaged flat pack crap

yes fortunately ups et al charge a shitload if ur not amzn shipping boxes of mostly air

could see a model where ikea drop ship a pallet of batched orders to a contractor in ur city (some schmuck in the suburbs garage) and pay them to mule it out for you and everyone else who ordered recently

challenge there is how to follow the ikea model to incorporate that subsidiary as charity as a tax scam

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

we had to sign up at a new place. just heard from the old place that they're not opening back up until FALL lmao

guess we're writing off those sheets/pillow/changes of clothes that're stuck there

whao. similar here too, except our old daycare closed for good

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

good: my dentist's office is reopening
less good: I have to get a qtip to the brain and bring in the results before my appointment

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
that qtip goes so far deep it looks comedic

i feel like it would feel good if you had a stuffy nose, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Blinkz0rz posted:

same except barely hanging on for the past 2 months and now i'm fully past it and just hosed up real bad

but at least the weather is getting nicer

i feel ya, i feel like i've just been like slowly moving in a stupor for the past couple months, and my workload is catching up with me and it sucks