Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheRat posted:

Oh wow, NIP went from potentially tiebreaking for upper bracket to not making the lower bracket.

I legit don't understand tiebreakers I guess because I can't figure out how NiP ended up last out of the four 4-3 teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/1267654923409166336

quote:

We've read feedback from the community that leveling feels harder this year. We looked into how things compare so far to last year. For battle pass players of all levels, on average players have earned 1.95% more free levels than last year. If we consider only players who after a week were below level 200, on average they have earned 7.91% more free levels than last year. However, we recognize that players still feel that they wish playing granted more, so we have a few changes included in this update:

- Wagering battle point rewards are now increased by 50%
- Guild contract battle point rewards are now increased by 100%
- Sideshop gold for Recycling is increased by 65%
- Sideshop gold for Guild contracts and upgrades are increased by 100%

All these changes are effective as of this update. For sideshop gold earned through previous recycles, we will be granting the extra gold over the next few hours.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Classic liquid move right there

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
It's like they were trying to see if they could recreate the throw to Nigma.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Alliance sure likes to send players into fights one at a time.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Are they going to have to remake this Secret vs Alliance game 3?

loving dota lol

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Kibner posted:

Are they going to have to remake this Secret vs Alliance game 3?

loving dota lol

dota has been super broken recently, what happened? game start to lag?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

sugar free jazz posted:

dota has been super broken recently, what happened? game start to lag?

They paused during the middle of the game, then people started dropping, including the broadcasters. And now they apparently can't join the game again.

e: they are having to redo a whole new game 3; new draft and everything

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
All of Steam has been crapping out this last day or two, so who knows.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I'm glad [A] ended up securing the remake since they were marginally ahead when game 3 crashed.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Super Rad posted:

I'm glad [A] ended up securing the remake since they were marginally ahead when game 3 crashed.

yeah, same

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Reality Protester posted:

is s4 washed now? every game I see of him now he seems to eat dookie in lane and then get stuck around 6th/7th in networth the whole game.

gustav sends his regards

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The little riff it plays when WK reincarnates with his arcana is sooo good. :allears:

I hope there's a discounted level bundle in the summer sale.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cuntellectual posted:

The little riff it plays when WK reincarnates with his arcana is sooo good. :allears:

I hope there's a discounted level bundle in the summer sale.

there always is and with all the changes valve has been making from the backlash it's probably going to have more levels than normal

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah i noticed they keep making changes, lmao

that ill-advised side shop thing is just. gone now. which is fine by me, because it seemed like a giant waste of time.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I liked it...

But I guess I can just go play underlords.

And you could get lots of extra portals with the red gems.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah i noticed they keep making changes, lmao

that ill-advised side shop thing is just. gone now. which is fine by me, because it seemed like a giant waste of time.

Wait what? That sucks, I got like 50 extra portals from it.

Is that why I got a bunch of extra CM spins?

Remember recycling, crafting and how you used to actually get something decent from trashing an immortal treasure?

feels so long ago now. . .

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jun 5, 2020

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
they changed every level up reward that was gold to be cm spins, and made the recycling thing be cm spins too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

last night my portal summoned 25 portals but they never showed up for me did I need to do something special to "claim" them?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I've had that 25 portal summon and nothing showed up, I also won like 100 portals in cavern crawl and they never showed up either. I am now out of portals :(

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
So duplicate immortals are worthless now unless I want another bzz pugna set from the CM wheel?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I’ve got like 6 levels from portals :shobon:

Afaik you don’t need to claim them but there might be a delay in them appearing

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

CM spins are terrible

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
miracle slark is going off

10 kills in 12 mins lmao

Gg at 13 mins holy moly

emdash fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 5, 2020

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Secret and Nigma speedrunning their series

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

what a game

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Miracle has done nothing in this third game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

How come Nigma forfeited game one?

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I liked sideshop, rip.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

IcePhoenix posted:

How come Nigma forfeited game one?

GH couldn't ready up in time

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Anyone know why they dropped it? People realizing the cheapest reward was the best and too many free levels and immortals handed out?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
This team beat Nigma?

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

has anyone ever said

egg

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Holy poo poo that interview

"What's it like playing with ee? It's like being on a rollercoaster blindfolded. I dont know if were going up, I dont know if were going down, and all I can hear is people screaming"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Alchenar posted:

Holy poo poo that interview

"What's it like playing with ee? It's like being on a rollercoaster blindfolded. I dont know if were going up, I dont know if were going down, and all I can hear is people screaming"

please tell me someone clipped this

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Why do people pick Undying? He's gotta be one of the most lackluster heroes in the game.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

ATP_Power posted:

Why do people pick Undying? He's gotta be one of the most lackluster heroes in the game.

He was vs a 2 str offlane so on paper it could have been good enough during laning to make up for the lack of lategame impact.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

a lot of it has to do with the laning phase and how well you can harass the enemy heroes in it with decay and the like. if you get a bit of a lead using him then he can typically help keep that lead going, but if your team falls behind then it'll be difficult to catch back up.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

please tell me someone clipped this

https://www.twitch.tv/esl_dota2/clip/PlausibleJollyTitanAsianGlow it's kind of hard to hear but it's a real good clip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

ATP_Power posted:

If you are against a str melee 3 you can absolutely annihilate the enemy’s game with a little help/alone and provide a lot of sustain and team fight throughout the mid game and a weirdly huge amount of burst with w

He can make an enormous amount of space, without items, for a carry to free farm basically

But he’s pretty situational